It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You won't BELIEVE THIS VIDEO....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I know Derren Brown, he is fabulous, and so are his formal stage shows!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
THE TRUMAN SHOW - Trailer ( 1998 )
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkZM2oWcleM
www.youtube.com...

meets

Deep Impact (trailer)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTkfk4dCnu8
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Just so you are aware, the guy they appear to punk in this video is an actor. The entire thing not just the content of the show is a set up. The general consensus reached when this came out was it was a hoax and producers lied for the publicity and ratings. A double dip punk, the main target being the general public who bought it hook line and sinker.
It's an interesting proposition though, and he does demonstrate how easy it can be to dupe people. He shows really well how general society is led so easily by its senses and by the lip into its varicose neurosis by manipulative media. People just accept what they see. They dont question and become willing absorbers of other peoples 'facts'.

Ro

edit on 16-10-2013 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Ukania
Derren is a an exceptional mentalist, his shows on religion and faith are worth watching too. Also the one where he get's someone to shoot Stephen Fry, the man scares me to death but the suggestions he can put into peoples minds are amazing. He's a common face on UK TV.

that was so crazy. It kinda showed the world that all those US patsy's they used were more than likely just hypnotised to do certain crimes.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Silicis n Volvo
reply to post by spartacus699

I saw this when it was on TV.

Afterwards I read a newspaper article about how the guy was fresh out of acting school.

However Derren Brown claims he chose this guy because he was suggestible enough to be hypnotized. And he hit back at the "staged" rumours by making a youtube video with the guy afterwards to clear it all up.

Believe what you will...fake or real I watched this and it was great TV

Well the trick behind most of it is kinda like this.... it's all staged. But the trick isn't on the person you're watching. It's on you. You think it's real and you end up getting tricked or hypnotised into believing it's real. That's how tons of magic actually works on TV. The participants are in on the show.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Ha aha lol my daughter and I both sat here together watching it, we have instantly realised we become hoarders lol, when he passed a back pack, I was yelling at the TV to pick it up lol he left water under the seat in the ambulance, my daughter is yelling at him to find the kitchen in the hospital, I swore at him for not grabbing things lol my daughter is yelling at the ambulance driver to head to the shops because she needed a red dress and boots rofl.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Danny85
I watched this when it aired a while back and enjoyed the first half but then all the papers labelled it a fake and all scripted and planned with the guy who was meant to be hypnotized was actually in on it all along. i then watched the second half but not as a cool trick on the mind but as a scripted and fake reality TV show like Jersey Shore and all the other shows that claim to be REALITY when they're not.

Derren Brown always starts his shows with something about how he uses a "mix" of magic, psychology, illusion, hypnosis and misdirection. That makes him a magician, magicians lie.

Misdirection, illusion, magic and psychology. That all applies to making you, the viewer, believing that what your seeing is real. In other words, like all magicians he feeds you a giant load of bullsnippedy, to entertain you with great tv. Well, at least I think its great tv entertainment.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

i watched it and really enjoyed it....believed much of it until the cell phone part...minor spoiler here but the way he dropped when entering a hypnotised state bothered me....it was too controlled...and too much of a risk....he was by a table and if he fell wrong could have hit his head on the table...that would be taking some huge risks. Unfortunately that scene alone made me think bs...either way..great watch cause i believed it up til that point anyway haha.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Sparky63

The only minds Derrin Brown is messing with are the minds of his gullible viewers.

The “actors” are obviously in on the pranks and are active participants.

IMHO

Disagree with you there Sparky and sometimes Derren even shows you how he achieves his results, here's a good one with Simon Pegg:

And another one featuring advertising executives:

Folks like Jonathan Ross, Stephen Fry, Ian M. Banks, Jamie Oliver, Robbie Williams, Richard Madeley, Alistair McGowan and Stephen Merchant have also appeared on his show -are you suggesting all these people are stooges as well?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by happinness

Understanding the mind enough to manipulate it does not dispel, or disprove, supernatural occurrences. It would be the like saying, because I can produce color from a prism and a light source, it disproves the existence of light waves.

Granted, our sense of colors may not be the most accurate representation of light waves, but that does not disprove the existence of light waves - there is something that is truly happening, and he cannot disprove that by producing the effect of colors (supernatural).

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think he has to try and do a show where he actually tried to pull something off for real without staging it all. People will immediately find out if it's staged shortly after it airs, even before sometimes.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

Yep, I wanted to believe he was that stupid and it was real, until the cell phone on a table for one then the hypnotism was complete garbage. I only watched because it reminded me of walking dead but it was a nice story.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I went to see a hypnotist once and it didn't work for me.. Just came away with a headache!!
Maybe I was trying too hard!
hx

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If this video is in fact genuine I think this "test/prank/whatever" is cruel. Even if you are not a slacker how would you react to all of this? I would be totally freaked out and have no idea what my reactions would be.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

ColonelCarter

If this video is in fact genuine I think this "test/prank/whatever" is cruel.

If you think that one's cruel watch this one.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Darth_Prime
I know Derren Brown, he is fabulous, and so are his formal stage shows!

Hahahaha....bet he 'hypnotised' you into posting that!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Peoples obsession with television amazes me. Even when they know these shows are completely fake with directors, scripts and bad actors-mostly actors who just crapped out on the lead roll of 'Dad' in the dogfood commercial-yet they watch them and convince themselves they are real.

Like the "alone in the wilderness' guy. If he is alone who is manning the camera? What is not the least bit amazing is the majority of the viewers are 25-40 years old. Today's cynical ass teenagers believe absolutely nothing regardless of the source(who can blame them) and older people just don't care what is on. All they do is dream about District Attorneys who are gorgeous, tall, thin and look like a New York fashion model-and, of course, they are promiscuous and obsessed with sex. Damn spent 40 years in a court room and never saw one that even remotely looked like that.

Also, when did they pass a law that said that any truck commercial-during any sporting event-has to show the truck jumping over things in the desert-like that is what all these guys are going to be doing with their new $50,000 ride.

Yest not forget that all the soft peter drugs show old farts who can't get it up yet they have young attractive 'wives' and the beer guzzling dude in his easy chair wonders why with a wife like that would you need their $20.00 a pop pills-sure not what he is dreading later on.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
AWESOME!!!! This was the most "real" show I have seen in a long time. I think we could all benefit from more programs like this.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Can't believe that there are people like him, and that beta/insecure voice of him... I guess true leaders are born, i lead all my friends/family etc. everyone and he hardly can take control over them...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join