It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Demands $1.1 Trillion Ransom--or He Will Crash Global Economy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Gotta love those headlines sometimes...
But I think this Breitbart headline was meant to be sarcastic.

After obama said that he would not pay a "ransom", he immediately turned around and demanded that the sequester cuts be ended or he will hold the debt ceiling hostage. Yeah you heard right.. Suddenly now, he has made an about face and will not allow the debt ceiling to be raised. You remember, the one that if wasn't increased would destroy our economy?

Does this man have bipolar issues?

President Barack Obama is demanding a $1.1 trillion "ransom"--or else he will not allow the debt ceiling to be raised. That's the effective offer on the table from the president and Senate Democrats. They have now refused to pass a "clean" short-term debt ceiling hike unless Republicans agree to reverse the "sequester" spending cuts in the 2011 Budget Control Act that were enacted--at Obama's suggestion--to end the last debt ceiling crisis.

Obama Demands $1.1 Trillion Ransom--or He Will Crash Global Economy
edit on 15-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
And Mr Stompy Feet keeps on pulling BS moves out of his pocket while he throws his hissy fits.

Seriously. How much more ridiculous can this situation get?

All that he is hurting is the people, and he's going to start finding there are those that WILL take matters in hand.
edit on 15-10-2013 by Jomina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Dignity has gone straight out the window with politicians. Locker room talk... could you imagine?

The memory of the media plays a huge part. Special arrangements between broadcasters and political bodies, makes it difficult to hold anyone's feet to the fire.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

I wouldn't be quite surprised if he is trying to get people to act out of line and actually stand up for themselves so he can test out his new homeland security or just start a war within his own country.

It is so messed up, I myself live in Australia and don't know what exactly is going on in your country at the moment but no one does really, from what I have read on ATS and other sources I would not really like to be living in America myself but I send my wishes and care to anyone caught up in any of this # the government has caused.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
A country is only as rich as its poorest citizen.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
This reminds me of what happened in Honduras when their pres tried to shove something that was contrary to their constitution, and so the military went right in and ousted his butt outa there..

And when it happened the media and Hillary and others were demonizing the Honduran military for defending their constitution, calling what they were doing illegal... pathetic..

What we have in the USA right now is pure evil dictating it's whims to the world. All of them like zombies looking for brains to feed on.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

alienreality
This reminds me of what happened in Honduras when their pres tried to shove something that was contrary to their constitution, and so the military went right in and ousted his butt outa there..

And when it happened the media and Hillary and others were demonizing the Honduran military for defending their constitution, calling what they were doing illegal... pathetic..

What we have in the USA right now is pure evil dictating it's whims to the world. All of them like zombies looking for brains to feed on.

Yep, indeed.

one problem with that situation here is that Mr Stompy Feet has been ousting the hardline generals that may have stood up to him and replaced them. Perhaps with ones that would not consider such a thing.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

What bothers me most is that I would expect our president to be above all this. The peacekeeper in the bunch. The mediator... The diplomat....

This all started with Obamacare. I agree we need health insurance in this country, but not this way. Why can't they sit down like adults and fix it together? Just because, to quote Obama, "it is law", doesn't make it perfect, or the right fit for our country. Remember, we had to pass it before we knew what was in it, remember? So now we know... And unless they all work together like big boys and girls we will forever bare the scars of this huge mess.

edit on 15-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

It's not a law. If it were a law, EVERYONE would be subject to it. There would be no exemptions.

This is more of a hostage situation than the whole debt ceiling crud going on.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Jomina
reply to post by elouina

It's not a law. If it were a law, EVERYONE would be subject to it. There would be no exemptions.

This is more of a hostage situation than the whole debt ceiling crud going on.

I wanted to see this comment in print again. So very true..... Tsk tsk....

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Ya'think maybe this is posturing to influencing the NJ Senate Lonegan vs. Booker and the Virginia Governor Cuccinelli vs. McAuliffe elections on in two weeks? Both are high impact.
I know that Hillery is going to be slandering Cuccinelli in my neighborhood this week.

Cuccinelli Fact Check

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
but the facts are still standing....US depts are gigantic !!!!
making moore depts aint an solution eather....

so let the bomb go off and see wat happens...:-)

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Once again, this just shows how small, weak, petty and pathetic the president is.

Obama is a small little bully.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by elouina

Once again, this just shows how small, weak, petty and pathetic the president is.

Obama is a small little bully.

A little bully that makes decisions according to the polls. Whoops the numbers went down, well I better change my direction... This isn't a popularity contest, this is a country he is playing with. Grow up Obama!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
One thing that's worth comment is considering how much uncompromising both sides are, how much emotion is coming into play, it says something that there hasn't been any political violence, per say, assassination attempts by either side.

A significant line that hasn't been crossed.

The American soul is a good soul. Take some pride in that....

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Sorry both sides are to blame peroid.

Obama is just incompetent and clueless

Tea party are Malicious and stupid

Who voted for these people?!?!?!?!?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

elouina
Does this man have bipolar issues?

Lol. Does a mass-murdering psychopath have mental issues?

He may not be a coke-snorting serial rapist like one notable ex-pres. He may not have the double-digit IQ of another mass-murdering drunkard ex-pres. You can rest assured tho, the current occupant in the White House is seriously FUBAR.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
These teleprompter puppets ain't in charge, it is why they don't make sense.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

It is sad to say but at this point, I say we should not raise the debt ceiling. We need to let it all crash to the ground because our politicians can't handle any form of responsibility. It's time to start over and let the chips fall where they may. This is beyond ridiculous at this point.

Maybe next time we will have more sense.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

MALBOSIA
Dignity has gone straight out the window with politicians. Locker room talk... could you imagine?

The memory of the media plays a huge part. Special arrangements between broadcasters and political bodies, makes it difficult to hold anyone's feet to the fire.

Many no longer care how ridiculous they look. Their actors and superstars anyway. Harry Reid couldn't coach a little league football team but he struts around up there like he's some big deal.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join