It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God centered v. Man centered

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Someday, we will evolve beyond the need for the sorts of religions we are familiar with today. We may still be religious for millions more years, but it will be a far more intellectual, more practical sort of religion. I hope.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
AfterInfinity
reply to post by vethumanbeing

AfterInfinity
Someday, we will evolve beyond the need for the sorts of religions we are familiar with today. We may still be religious for millions more years, but it will be a far more intellectual, more practical sort of religion. I hope.

AI, I think were are standing at that threshold/presipice. We are evolved enough to intellectualize the futility of wanting a God figure that does not "appear to us ever (literally)" to exist. One has to at that point become creative or at have a sense of humor regarding the creation and creator aspect. The only other reasonable evolution context will be when/if we regain telepathy and will then allow oneness/connection to this being (if it exists). I have a feeling its going to be a family reunion of sorts, finger pointing, How do you not get this, what took you long sort of thing. My answer, "what was the point of the obstreperous nonsense that causes unrest and chaos" NECESSARY OR UNNECESSARY. Puppet experiments ultimately; are we?
edit on 17-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Greatest I am

Christians would have to wonder why they would torture themselves and be such unforgiving pricks to themselves and others.

That's a good question. Why would they?

I do not know but some seem to be driven to embrace their hate of others by their religions.

Have a look at this clip and it is apparent.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I do not know but some seem to be driven to embrace their hate of others by their religions.

Religion is the most effective means of "divide and conquer" available to man. It appeals to the survival instincts of the lower mind and the quest for meaning of the higher mind. That is why it works so well.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
AfterInfinity

[I]Greatest I am I do not know but some seem to be driven to embrace their hate of others by their religions.

AfterInfinity
Religion is the most effective means of "divide and conquer" available to man. It appeals to the survival instincts of the lower mind and the quest for meaning of the higher mind. That is why it works so well.

Machiavelian in concept "The Prince", replace the word 'political' with the word 'religion' "political expediency is placed above morality and the use of craft and deciet to maintain authority to carry out the policies of a ruler; characterized by the use of unscrupulous cunning, deception and dishonesty". Divide and conquer, (keep the small fry shiredoms fighting each other so there are no resources left to attack the King). In this/your case senario, keep the individual human at war with itself: survival instincts stuggling against the higher reasoning mind, so what happens--statis (NOTHING) moving forward as far as any enlightenment is concerned (brilliant and diabolical).

edit on 19-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Nicely out and quite accurate.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
AfterInfinity

[I]Greatest I am I do not know but some seem to be driven to embrace their hate of others by their religions.

AfterInfinity

Machiavelian in concept "The Prince", replace the word 'political' with the word 'religion' "political expediency is placed above morality and the use of craft and deciet to maintain authority to carry out the policies of a ruler; characterized by the use of unscrupulous cunning, deception and dishonesty". Divide and conquer, (keep the small fry shiredoms fighting each other so there are no resources left to attack the King). In this/your case senario, keep the individual human at war with itself: survival instincts stuggling against the higher reasoning mind, so what happens--statis (NOTHING) moving forward as far as any enlightenment is concerned (brilliant and diabolical).

edit on 19-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

The Noble Lie is within or is from both government and religions.

The last thing our leadership wants is an intelligent audience.

Much easier to lie to the not so bright.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Greatest I am
vethumanbeing
AfterInfinity

Greatest I am I do not know but some seem to be driven to embrace their hate of others by their religions.

AfterInfinity

veteranhumanbeing
Machiavelian in concept "The Prince", replace the word 'political' with the word 'religion' "political expediency is placed above morality and the use of craft and deceit to maintain authority to carry out the policies of a ruler; characterized by the use of unscrupulous cunning, deception and dishonesty". Divide and conquer, (keep the small fry shiredoms fighting each other so there are no resources left to attack the King). In this/your case senario, keep the individual human at war with itself: survival instincts struggling against the higher reasoning mind, so what happens--statis (NOTHING) moving forward as far as any enlightenment is concerned (brilliant and diabolical).

Greatest I Am
The Noble Lie is within or is from both government and religions.The last thing our leadership wants is an intelligent audience. Much easier to lie to the not so bright.

Noblesse Oblige: "the moral obligation of those the OF high born/birth, powerful social position to act with honor, kindness and generosity (to their percieved inferiors)". Yes the last thing needed is an audience that claps and guffahs in mindless hilarity; the better one would be that that jeers and throws rotten tomatoes at the stage performers (that would be the paying intelligent audience first row) I would have snuck in and not paid.
edit on 21-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

vethumanbeing
Greatest I am
[
Noblesse Oblige: "the moral obligation of those the OF high born/birth, powerful social position to act with honor, kindness and generosity (to their percieved inferiors)". Yes the last thing needed is an audience that claps and guffahs in mindless hilarity; the better one would be that that jeers and throws rotten tomatoes at the stage performers (that would be the paying intelligent audience first row) I would have snuck in and not paid.
edit on 21-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

"Noblesse Oblige: "the moral obligation of those the OF high born/birth, powerful social position to act with honor, kindness and generosity (to their percieved inferiors)"."

Honor!

You made me spill my coffee. That word is not in an oligarchs vocabulary or thoughts and those people are who lead or governments and religions.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join