It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloud Blacks Out Sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I was searching the internet the other day and found this and thought that it would be of interest to yall. What do you think that this is? To see a picture of this event go to the website at the bottom of the page!

Noon Turns to Night as Cloud Blacks Out Sun

Nov. 11, 2004
China Daily
newsphoto.com.cn

Day turned to night across Shenyang when a freak cloud formation 8,000 metres deep blanketed the northeastern city.

For over half-an-hour noon was as black as midnight. Cars, buses and lorries went someway to breaking up the darkness.

Tremendous lightening flashes accompanied the phenomena, reports the website www.sina.com.cn.

Convergence of two cloud fronts formed the 8,000-metre-thick connective cloud cluster.

With sky and sun effectively blocked out, visibility was reduced to near zero, according to an expert from the provincial capital's meteorological bureau.

The marvellous spectacle was also reported in many other areas of Liaoning Province and lasted for half an hour in some places, he said.

The meteorologist warned that temperatures are likely to plummet in the coming days.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

[edit on 15-11-2004 by tina04]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The picture in the article looks more like a normal day in England to me, not really "black as midnight". Don't you think?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
That's really quite odd. I wonder if this storm sponteneously appeared? Sounds like tornado weather, it does. I guess this means the weather isn't done being weird.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Maybe it did turn as black as midnight and that was the picture taken as the cloud was approaching. I dont really know i'm not an expert on this I just thought that it was odd, and I have never heard of anything like it.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
yeah, I saw that. Maybe it was the result of

www.au.af.mil...

or some/a/any violation of --

U.S. Code, Title 50, Chapter 32, Section 1520a -
WAR AND NATIONAL DEFENSE

The Secretary of Defense may not conduct (directly or by contract) -
(1) any test or experiment involving the use of a chemical agent or biological agent on a civilian population; or
(2) any other testing of a chemical agent or biological agent on human subjects. "Biological agent" defined as anything that is capable of causing
(a) death, disease, or other biological malfunction in a human, animal, plant, or another living organism;
(b) deterioration of food, water, equipment, supplies, or materials of any kind; or
(c) deleterious alteration of the environment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
or House Resolution H.R.2977 -- which specifies the presence of chem-trails in some of its early versions.

Who knows? [See radarmatrix.com for details.]

E_T

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Here's correct link:
www.chinadaily.com.cn...

I can only think supercell, but even that couldn't make day as dark as night.
Only thing capable to darkening day totally I can think is ash cloud from volcano's eruption. (Pinatubo as good example).

BTW, I wonder what they might mean with this midnight, because in here where I live nights are very bright at summers... and in northern Finland sun stays above horizon for couple months.

Of course it's "two way deal", cloudy winter day feels only just long twilight and in northern Finland sun doesn't rise for couple moths.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
8,000 meters. That would place the cloud thickness at just over 26,000 feet. They should visit Texas/Oklahoma in the springtime when clouds reach 40,000 - 60,000 feet in height. I've seen some storms roll in that make it pretty dark outside. I'm not sure I would call it midnight since clouds that size are usually filled with non-stop lightning. You know that the headquarters for tornado research is in Norman, Oklahoma. Yep they hide up in Oklahoma and stay just out of range of the big ones in Texas.

top topics

join