It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fate of World At Stake Unless Americans Agree to Take On More Debt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Namasute,

So, there you have it.
The IMF is beginning to apply it's own brand of pressure on American concerns.
If the Obummer regime doesn't fork over the future of its unborn with another round of increases to the debt ceiling (which Barry claims does not increase the actual debt at all like the complete spaz he is) that the whole world will be in jeopardy.
Maybe it would and maybe it wouldn't.
It's the fault of the impotent democrats & republicans who can't seem to get control of their peoples wealth.
The IMF needs more debt upon the shoulders of the American people and is now using it's own brand of subtle coersion to heap some more desperation upon an already desperate situation.
How long before these "subtle" hints become threats?
How long before both Republicans and Democrats betray the various constituancies once more?
Both the left and the right can't risk appearing like they are the enemy of the people anymore so they get the UN to start kvetching by having Sebellius open her decrepit wrinkled maw and beltch forth a new round of doom and gloom to be used against the American people.
The system is going to burn regardless and every politician knows it but they JUST CAN'T HELP THEMSELVES. They are addicted to constant theft and fraud...they crave it like a junkie craves another hit. They are a tremble in anticipation of another fix and they want YOU Mr & Mrs America to foot the bill.
She only got the job at the IMF because the globalists know this crusty shrew will act the part and do what she is told. The question I put to you America is:

"Will you?"

Have it all come down now, as bad as it may be?
Or have it all come down later after some more debt ceiling shenanigans and a few more pointless rounds of infinite QE to cement the peoples doom?
Will the fate of any other country seem that important to anyone who has had their home taken and has no food for their children?
You'd best decide quickly because it's coming whether you want it to or not.

Christine Lagarde: Default Would Put Global Economy at Risk:

www.youtube.com...

-Amitaba-
edit on 14-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

"Fate of World At Stake Unless Americans Agree to Take On More Debt..."

"Fate of World At Stake If Americans Agree to Take On More Debt."

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

A fine kettle of fish, indeed.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

OHhhh Is That How It Works? This Is the PLAN??

Nope, don't think so. Sorry.

We're already over-taxed on everything from property, State and Fed taxes on OUR paychecks (which might I add have have significantly increased,- at least where I work I don't know if that applies in/at every state/job) filing our tax returns, food, clothing etc. all the way to using an ATM to withdraw our OWN money, need I name more examples.

And they want more you say? I have an idea [sarcastic, irritated tone], um, how bout the government BUDGETS their money more efficiently and responsibly (that's kind of why it's called a BUDGET to begin with, yeah?? Last time I checked the definition of a BUDGET doesn't mean go spend (over-spend) as much as you damn well want and take out extravagant loans "ONE AFTER ANOTHER" that [THE GOVERNMENT] will never pay back (WE HELP PAY FOR THEIR DEBT ALREADY, THEY DEFINITELY DON'T) instead of making/leaving it in the hands/responsibility of the hard-working blue-collar citizens of this world to bust their asses even more at work, putting in more, lengthier hours (how much more can we do??) just make ends (barely) meet. It would be nice not have to live paycheck to paycheck (as probably 75 percent or more of those in the [lower] middle-class workers and below's income bracket of roughly-- $14,000 - 45,000, $55,000 annual income DO.

You wan't more from us? No. Sort out your own mess, we're not your tools you can just tap off of for bail-out funds, Find your own money, find a way, sort it out on your own, we've done our part. Enough.

Oh yeah, sorry if my reply isn't well liked because it isn't passive-aggressive and MEH as well as compliant with Twitter's character length rule.
edit on 10/14/2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I want the entire shebang to be reset anyway.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
To hell with this notion that America needs to be buried under debts so the rest of the world can stay afloat. Screw. You. That's got to be the most bungled idea for global stability if ever there was one. No, the world does not need us to carry on, and likewise, we do not need some other country to carry on. We need a better trade system is what we need. Perhaps the several thousand years of barter & simple trade we existed on had something to it, hmm? It lasted a long damn time, after all. Maybe, just maybe, the answers to our "financial crisis" lies in the past somewhere, at least to take our tips from, and not model exactly. Quite obviously, the current global financial model is FUBAR.

Edit: Although, remember that all empires fall. All good things must come to an end. Maybe a little hinty-hint-hint to try something different or perish because of stubborn refusal to change & adapt.
edit on 10/14/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Despite all the BS your social engineers have been telling you people in the U.S. about your holy obligation to lead the world, we're better off without you fueling this centralized GFS. And so are you.
The IMF and its ilk? Not so much... but who cares?

No GFS no GFC: decentralize the world!
edit on 14-10-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
you lost me at "Namasute"...

2nd

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

cavtrooper7
I want the entire shebang to be reset anyway.

Bumped for brevity, trooper.
"A man that eloquent must be saved! " Patton

I'm gettin' the deputy and a pink slip for my apartment
tomorrow sometime anyway. Let'er rip.
They can pick my rusty work tools out of the snow if
they want them that bad-- that's when it will start
costing them more than they're worth.
edit on 15-10-2013 by derfreebie because: All Vitalis after 'saved'. DUH how old am I NOW?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

cavtrooper7
I want the entire shebang to be reset anyway. [/quote

Some people just want to watch the world burn....

Those are usually those with the least to lose...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
To make this clear, the IMF does not care if the US gov takes out more debt because our debt is keeping Europe afloat, the new debt will be spent in the us.

The reason they care is if we cut off the new debt the banking system will be revealed to be completely insolvent. Any small loss, as small as three percent or less can bankrupt an investment bank they are so highly leveraged. The failure of one major bank, will expose and bring down all the major banks through the magic of derivatives.

No matter, they know it's coming soon, all you have to do is observe their desperation to scream the consequences at the very thought. It is very transparent - they are screaming take out more debt to pay for the interest on the debt you already have or their will be financial armageddon. They would not be making such statements if they were not true, as it very much goes against the repeated we are in recovery BS.

This should very much scare you as they are now almost admitting the truth - that being we are f**ked. They know there is no way out, they just want to put off the unpleasantness for as long as possible.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You don't know me very well.I am no anarchist.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I think the fate of the world has more to do with Fukushima poisoning the ocean, which will spread across all oceans, and the acidification of the oceans, and the cutting down of forests, than the economics. The REAL people in charge, that are manipulating governments, will continue, as it has in the past, to create bubbles, depressions, increased demand for crappy consumer goods, and the dumbing down of the populaces in order to keep their wallets and purses well filled.
What happens when the economy goes down the drain? The ultra wealthy pick up the pieces for fractions of pennies on the dollar... or euro, or what have you. Nothing new about the bankers running things. Nothing new about corrupt government. Nothing new about the smoke and mirrors of distractions. Wars are good for business, depressions are good for cheap buys (bailing out the banks NOT by paying off the mortgages, but by paying the banks directly, which then foreclose on the houses? A Win/Win for them!) Its just another giant scare tactic that will continue the current process of making the rich, richer and the poor, poorer. And over time, a need for a middle class to use their hard work and initiative to create more wealth, again to be stolen while the middle class is crushed underfoot.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

cavtrooper7
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You don't know me very well.I am no anarchist.

I never claimed you were.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The 'global economy' is a pyramid and will fail sooner or later. Wealth is an illusion too. So what do we have left?

Here's my list:

Love
Family
My ability to think (just not in the afternoon or evening)
My mobility
The use of my thumbs

Funny. All the stuff I can think of - except love - is temporary too. lol

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Well said.
I can find no flaw in that statement.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Heres a little tip to communicate to the rest of humanity.Quoting the Joker from Batman as you have,is a COMPARISON to the person you are answering.
So that quote is read as I am crazy or an anarchist. Neither of which is true.
What it means to you doesn't matter if you aren't clear.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Proximo:

...the IMF does not care if the US gov takes out more debt because our debt is keeping Europe afloat...

What absolute utter tosh! Some of you people are just not on the same planet as everyone else, your mindsets just don't even touch reality.

Yes, the IMF is pressuring America through fear-mongering to come up with a deal before Thursday, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with causing further financial chaos, it's about the financial elite not taking a hit on their own personal fortunes, and the pressure isn't on Obama, it's on the GOP.

America's debt as you know is 16 trillion dollars, how the hell can America pay that back and retain its current lifestyle level? I'll tell you, it can't! It's not just the level of debt that America has to deal with, it has to more with it's financial elite. They will hurt whoever, however, and with whatever it takes to retain their position, power and control over the dollar and the American people's lives, and by that relation over the lives of the people's in other Western countries.

America will one day have to default to save itself. If they allow the debt ceiling to be raised, they will be adding the amount of debt on the already 16 trillion dollars. So, the deal will simply 'kick the can down the road', and continue to add to the debt burden Americans will have to face sometime soon in the future. America does not have any money to spare, and if you believe it does, I've got a bridge here I can sell you. You are bankrupt.

When you default, the dollar will be thrown aside as the world's reserve currency, it will be dumped, and it will suddenly become worthless in reality, and be incapable of being held up artificially as something of value. Americans have been living on credit for decades, and now you have to pay it back, only you don't have the money to do so.

Other countries have been preparing for when the dollar takes a nose-dive into worthlessness. Yes, they will take a hit when the American economy collapses, but they will absorb it, and are in far better financial positions to do so.

It has been all artifice and Hollywood façades for Americans, but the real world is beginning to intrude, power shifts are occurring around the globe. You watch as China and Russia dump the dollar as a response to America defaulting, you watch the panic it will cause. Financially, you will be dropped like a hot brick, and as China and Russia and other countries dump the dollar, they will draw panicking investors in and recoup some of the money they lose as America defaults.

If it doesn't happen this week, it will happen in the near future. It's not a matter of 'if', but 'when'!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Fate of the world? More like fate of america. Dont confuse please... And if yer talking about the world's economy let me say this: it doesnt matter. In the end, the trifling humans little games dont matter.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

I posted it was it was titled and do not believe it will doom the world anymore than you do.
You misunderstood me, sir.
I WAS saying the IMF is trying to act as an outside influence on American politics (or the lack thereof).
Nothing more.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The fate of the world is at stake while people are focusing on complete non-issues.

It's called misdirection.

I'm much more concerned with our impact on the environment, and the climate going off the rails, full steam ahead.

I see these issues as a means to focus attention to where it's more controllable.

Do you tell the people that we're charging on an unsustainable course as far as our habitat is concerned, or the debt?! It's the lesser of two evils.

Tell the people to wrap their minds around a global ecosystem collapse, and they'll go apepoo bonkers.

Tell them that it's all to do with zero's and one's on a computer screen, and they'll be pissed, but keep their anger contained.

Interestingly, one could make a case that some of the criminal activities in the white house and wall street are part of a conspiracy to deliberately slow down the "economy", and our use of fossil fuels, in order to buy us more time to find a solution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join