It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel ready to tackle nuclear Iran 'alone'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

buster2010
Yeah right Israel doesn't have the nades to take on Iran by themselves. Even members of the Israeli military has said Israel can't take on Iran by themselves. It's time for Benny to shut his warmongering hole and listen to his own people.

Israel may not be able to invade.... But they sure as fcuk can destroy/annihilate Iran.

Not that i want WW3, but i was just correcting you...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

Whether they can or not is really beyond the point, the fact is they wont. They're worse than North Korea when it comes to making irrational threats and then not carrying through with those threats. First of all they'd be stupid to attack without having solid evidence that Iran even has a nuclear weapons program. As far as I know there is no such evidence and the UN inspectors have never found any solid evidence that Iran has a nuclear weapons program. The truth imo is that Israel simply wants to destroy Iran's legitimate nuclear power facilities in a move to weaken Iran.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I'm beginning to see many similarities between Israel and N. Korea. maybe this is just more posturing to obtain something they want. Or..... maybe Israel's leadership is nuckin futz. If the latter is the case, I'm sure the U.S. will be dragged into it all.
edit on 15-10-2013 by NC1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I hope they try and fail misrably.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
'Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak' - Sun Tzu

Iran, being a larger country, can and will absorb any damage in case of an all out war, the Iranian country will continue to survive, as it has done for millenia.

Israel being a mere 115 or so km wide (at its widest).... would be a whole different story.

Israel isn't that stupid. They know that a botched strike on Iran will lead to the destruction of the Israeli state, and they would have no one to blame but themselves.

edit on 15-10-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Emerys
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Got to love the courage of such a small nation. America needs to look at them as an example. Constantly attacked and surrounded by enemies, yet they stand their ground.

i surely hope that was sarcasm and not stupidity.
example? that small barking mad dog, constantly biting their neighbours and provoking conflict, while crying 'everyone hates us'? of course they're not giving anyone any single reason to hate them, like hypocrisy and nowhere else to be seen on such a small amount of land amount of nukes and military equipment, right?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Should Israel wait for Iran to attack with nuclear weapons before making the decision to attack Iran, pre-emptively?

Let me put it in context.

Should America restrict all freedoms so that we don't get attacked by middle-eastern fanatics?

There are always going to be risks in living in a free society. Israel should understand that. Yes, they have enemies on all sides.
So do many other countries.

Humans are a warrior-species. But to sacrifice freedoms, humanity for an oppourtunity to strike just because you can, is taking a step backwards.

It is safer to attack first.
It is safer to reduce oppourtunities of terror by taking away freedoms.
It is safer living in bubble-wrap and not going outside.
It is safer never to take the first step.

We get @ 70 - 80 years of life on this rock. Some of us have children to pass on knowlege and our genes.
What kind of legacy should we give them?

One of cowadice and restrictions and pre-emptive attacks?

Or one of honour, nobility, risks, bravery, humanity.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

luckily, with their current attitude, there won't be any legacy left other than a lesson for future generations what is the price of such crimes against humanity, because sooner or later, israel will be wiped out.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

jedi_hamster
reply to post by beezzer

luckily, with their current attitude, there won't be any legacy left other than a lesson for future generations what is the price of such crimes against humanity, because sooner or later, israel will be wiped out.

And that sucks.
I have nothing against Israel. I have nothing against Israel defending itself.

I guess I'm just getting sick and tired of all the damned fighting.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

ChaoticOrder

Whether they can or not is really beyond the point, the fact is they wont. They're worse than North Korea when it comes to making irrational threats and then not carrying through with those threats. First of all they'd be stupid to attack without having solid evidence that Iran even has a nuclear weapons program. As far as I know there is no such evidence and the UN inspectors have never found any solid evidence that Iran has a nuclear weapons program. The truth imo is that Israel simply wants to destroy Iran's legitimate nuclear power facilities in a move to weaken Iran.

They wont? What makes you so sure? are you prophetic now?

Are you serious about Iran 'not' having a nuke program? if so.... im wasting my time (oh... but the inspectors) Lol! stay in your little dream world!

Go to live in Iran for a week... then (assuming you aren't kidnapped or worse) go to Israel for a week, then come back to this forum and tell me who wants to destroy who. Who has more to lose.

You fail at seeing things in true perspective. I can tell just by your words that you have never even visited the region in person. I have lived there all my life.

So please.... save your brainwashing for the kids!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

beezzer
Should Israel wait for Iran to attack with nuclear weapons before making the decision to attack Iran, pre-emptively?

Should America restrict all freedoms so that we don't get attacked by middle-eastern fanatics?

There are always going to be risks in living in a free society. Israel should understand that. Yes, they have enemies on all sides.

Humans are a warrior-species. But to sacrifice freedoms, humanity for an oppourtunity to strike just because you can, is taking a step backwards.

We get @ 70 - 80 years of life on this rock. Some of us have children to pass on knowlege and our genes.

Tell that to the holocaust victims' surviving family members!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Typical Israeli tactic to gain support for their irrational wars. When someone doubts your authenticity just say, "Well remember the Holocaust!" As if that has any baring on what is going on today. That's almost like the President bringing children to his press conferences and saying think of the children while pushing some agenda. Actually wait, it is the same thing. Trying to illicit an emotional response in absence of logical support of your argument. Otherwise known as an appeal to emotion fallacy.

Until Israel is literally attacked by another country for something out of their control or something that they didn't provoke, I won't support any of their mad claims to go to war with other nations in the Middle East. I have been to that region in my lifetime while serving in the Army. Granted it was Iraq, but I still don't wish to send more of our soldiers over to that region to help out a worthless country whose national pastime appears to be pissing off their neighbors then crying for support.
edit on 15-10-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Are you serious about Iran 'not' having a nuke program? if so.... im wasting my time (oh... but the inspectors) Lol! stay in your little dream world!

I said a nuclear weapons program, not a nuclear program. There is nothing wrong with them having a nuclear program. Present proof of Iran's secret nuclear weapons program or stop rambling about irrelevant nonsense.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

combatmaster

beezzer

Point taken. But when is pre-emptive justified?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

beezzer

combatmaster

beezzer

Point taken. But when is pre-emptive justified?

pre-emptive strike is justified when the survivor's feel their existence is being threatened.

why do survivors get this privilege? because they survived. if u gonna start a holocaust, you better finish it, otherwise this is what happens! the world only has itself to blame!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Paranoia gets you knowere but dead

Hope Isreal does attack then we can hurry up and get a final solution to this whole Isreal mess.

No Isreal = Peace in the middle east

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

ChaoticOrder

I said a nuclear weapons program, not a nuclear program. There is nothing wrong with them having a nuclear program. Present proof of Iran's secret nuclear weapons program or stop rambling about irrelevant nonsense.

Unfortunately, this is exactly what Iran wants. They want us westeners to clash with eachother and disagree, the civilized worlds lack of unity buys them time to build a bomb.

These ATS threads about Iran not being proven to build a bomb will become an example, in much the same way Neville Chamberlain/the Treaty of Versailles has become an example of ignorance.

Im not saying Iran is evil. But their leaders are. I feel sorry for the people of the world that suffer from tyrannical dictators that present themselves as the people's voice!

And if you honestly (i mean really in your heart) believe that Iran is not working towards a Nuclear weapon then i feel sorry for you and have nothing more to say.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

O shut it.

Iran since its new president has been trying its best to open up talks. Its Isreal that keeps turning them away!

You want war nothing else!

As for nukes? Come on! They have supposidly been building them for 10 years now. You would think they would have succeded by now!

Anyway if Isreal has nukes why not Iran? Its called MAD! One side is not meant to have the advantage.
When Isreal agrees to sign the nuclear non prolification treaty and allow inspecters in then I might change my mind. But you wont cause your all cowards.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Krazysh0t

Typical Israeli tactic to gain support for their irrational wars. When someone doubts your authenticity just say, "Well remember the Holocaust!" As if that has any baring on what is going on today. That's almost like the President bringing children to his press conferences and saying think of the children while pushing some agenda. Actually wait, it is the same thing. Trying to illicit an emotional response in absence of logical support of your argument. Otherwise known as an appeal to emotion fallacy.

Until Israel is literally attacked by another country for something out of their control or something that they didn't provoke, I won't support any of their mad claims to go to war with other nations in the Middle East. I have been to that region in my lifetime while serving in the Army. Granted it was Iraq, but I still don't wish to send more of our soldiers over to that region to help out a worthless country whose national pastime appears to be pissing off their neighbors then crying for support.
edit on 15-10-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

I correct you. This upcoming war is not irrational. It is so that the world (especally US) can carry on guzzling tons of gas to keep their ignorant way of life/culture going.

Dont get me wrong bro..... I am all for it. I wish i was born in America to a wealthy gas-guzzling family. But i wasn't unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Seeing as how the survivors are barely clinging to life at their advanced age, I highly doubt that anyone has much to worry about them lashing out in their survival for anything. Their children and children's children didn't live through the Holocaust and therefore aren't survivors. They are just regular people fearmongering to try to incite a war. Not to mention the Nazis did the Holocaust, not Iran. So keep the Holocaust out of this, Iran had nothing to do with that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join