It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans Schedule Obama Impeachment Hearings

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Here is a bit of interesting information that I haven't heard anywhere but a couple sources

Republicans in the House of Representatives have scheduled impeachment proceedings against President Obama, claiming his inability to halt the federal government shutdown makes him unfit for office.

Congresswoman Michele Bachmann introduced a resolution to impeach Obama this morning and referred the matter to the House Judiciary Committee. Senior aides close to judiciary chairman Bob Goodlatte say hearings will begin Thursday.

"I think it's high time President Obama be held accountable for his crimes," explains Bachmann, "For two weeks now, vital government services have been disrupted, federal workers have gone without pay and national memorials have been closed - all because of the president's refusal to negotiate over Obamacare.

"This isn't just poor leadership. The Obama administration is corrupt to the core. The scandals surrounding the IRS, Benghazi, Fast in the Furious and Solyndra have shown us this cabal will do anything to stay in power.

"But in shutting down the government President Obama has committed economic treason against the United States of America, and he must be removed before it's too late. The Constitution provides us the mechanism of impeachment. It's time to end this dictatorial regime and return the presidency back to the American people."

House to start Impeachment proceedings

Here is another link with the audio interview regarding the process

Bachmann audio

What is interesting is that if this move is 'real', it hasn't hit any aspect of the main stream media......Completely 'overlooked'....Especially with Bachmann's words that this whole thing it to try and show the people that some in DC are trying to hold to some accountable. I don't agree with Bachmann or most of them, but I do find that this has been left out of the news cycle interesting.

edit on 10/14/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--All caps, don't use 'em

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
now this could be a duplicate post, but didn't find anything in my search.......if it is....ignore

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This name said it all for me Congresswoman Michele Bachmann. The woman is a nutcase. Why isn't she calling for Boehner to be removed from office for not calling a vote? Is it because he fears some Republicans will vote for it to go through?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

One can hope this is real. I would like to see a semi-credible source first though. Hell, I don't care if theres a source if this is really happening.

Why, though, do I remember Michelle bachmanns name? Andwhy do I associate it with being negative? Oh well, if shes doing this, she cant be all bad, now can she?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Do you have another link? That one is gone already.
SnF

It's fixed now, thanks.
edit on 14-10-2013 by woodsmom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This would be silly and the final nail in coffin of the GOP. Nobody is this stupid not even the Tea Party nutters.

link   
I hope they impeach the son of a broad..

Impeach him and the other democrats that managed to get re-elected with a 30 percent approval rating!!!

Impeach em all!!!!

link   
It definitely is interesting that this has been left out of the main stream news cycle...something weird going on, especially considering that this news covers a lot of the values.

As for the Republicans and their wanting to impeach Obama,
. They initiated this mess, they shouldn't be blaming Obama for it.

Also, what is with Americans, and blaming Obama directly for things totally out of his control such as corruption in specific government agencies?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
IMPEACHMENT?!??

Ha!

Obama has a better chance at a 3rd term than he does getting impeached. Bachmann, you silly gal.

She does have a point though... Corrupt to the core!

Good luck

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

One has to be myopic to think that these "house republicans" or any of the rest of them are any better than Obama. Last time republicans were in control they were doing the same thing Obama is doing now.

Don't buy the show guys and gals.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

One can hope this is real

Only if you want to guarantee that no independent or moderate ever votes for the GOP again.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
There you have it:

"We probably won't be successful," admits Ted Cruz, one of the few Republicans in the Senate supporting the impeachment process,"But we have to try. This guy is worse than Hitler. We have to do something."

The GOP think that Obama is worse than Hitler.

Are you bloody kidding me?

This is why the GOP will continue to loose elections and loose everything, because at the end of the day, the TEA PARTY are really, truly, just a bunch of un-educated, loud mouth idiots.

I'm sorry to have to say it, but there is no other possible solution to the insanity said above.

And these people are FAVORED as leaders within that party?

I bet you even Ronald Reagan is ROLLING AROUND IN HIS GRAVE.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I have to agree with you. I don't know what Bachman may have started like before the full spotlight of national media turned on her, directly? She's become a raving lunatic of the extreme far right though. Not just a strong conservative or a proud right leaning American, but extreme to blaze a path extremists admire.

She also can't seem to read very well. Impeachment is a legal process like an indictment, as I'm sure you know. She ought to, as it wasn't that many years ago Bill Clinton was impeached in the House.

She's... umm.. Ahem... (Helloooooo Michelle????) indicting HERSELF. The House Of Representatives has sole responsibility for the origins of all spending bills in the US system. She could complain, if the House was hitting the Senate chamber with a full and complete bill a day to see turned down. Even I'd say it was pretty one sided then.. Now?

Oh.. She needs a mirror, eh? A BIG one....to capture her entire ego. It's a whopper in Jumbo size.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The GOP think that Obama is worse than Hitler.

Think about it this Cruz you are talking about he's almost as nuts as Bachmann. He whined the ACA was costing us jobs but cheered at the jobs that were lost during the sequester. And it looks like he is a good son doing just what his daddy has preached for years. Destroy the American government.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Yet he's an elected government official along with all the rest of these idiots.

What a sad state of affairs.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I absolutely agree, she has jumped off the sanity wagon.....and most that she promotes has no chance of seeing fruit.....Yet, if they do have enough support to even get this reviewed for hearings....wouldn't that be worth even five minutes in the national news cycle, or is even that much time too much to ding this administration.....She does say it isn't the actual removal from office, but the stain that the process would cause. Is even the stain too much to see the light of day. Guess I'm trying to figure out just how much the media really is being manipulated, being that we know it is, just to what extent.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The same Michelle Bachman that is under ethics investigation from her own party, for crimes committed during her presidential bid, yeah she has a lot of experience to draw this bid from. Bat crap crazy lady.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Bachman *shudders*

Well, this token gesture (like all her nonsense) basically boils down to pandering to the 50 voting constituents in her small-backwoods congressional district... thus ensuring her re-election.

As far as the rest of the country goes. It's another prime example of the political dysfunction and gridlock thriving in DC, and why congress is toting the lowest approval ratings in history.

The fact of the matter is that it's all just political theater. Sadly congress could have a 1% approval rating and still maintain a 90% incumbency reelection rate because... while Bachman, and others, look absurd on a national level it only takes token gestures like this to pander to one's personal voting constituents.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Agreed, Boehner should never have become speaker this term anyhow, he is weak, if there is anyone that is derelict and unfit it is the current speaker of the house who cannot get his house in order, anyhow speaker Cruz comment on this impeachment talk, he said he knows pretty much it will not happen but they are going to go through the motions, this is the only thing the republicans can report back to their constituents on their failed bid to stop Obamacare and it is also a political talking point for them when they try and get re-elected so they will not be harshly dealt with in the polls because of this debacle, and yes Michelle Bachman has no business serving or representing anyone to begin with, she is a complete idiot.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

I've said it before. obama will never be impeached, ever, period. No one wants their name attached to the impeachment of the first mixed race president. It would be like signing their own death warrant.

Not to mention all the protests that would arise from such a thing. This is beating a dead horse and the gop is wasting time that could be spent on actually doing something other than in-fighting.

Just for people who don't know, I'm not a fan of this administration either.

<<   2  3 >>

join