It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joshua Marks from Master Chef committed suicide.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
edition.cnn.com... ide/

I don't know how many of you watch Master Chef, but you would remember Josh. He was 7 foot 2 and was just a nice guy on the show. He could cook too. It looks like mental illness and easy access to a gun ended his life. Very Sad.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ltheghost

That link didn't work for me.

Here it is.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yeah, if he hadn't had access to a firearm he probably couldn't have figured out another way to do it.

On topic, this is sad. I'm a big fan of Masterchef and watched and enjoyed this season. It wasn't apparent to me whatsoever that he had any problems at all.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

It's always sad to hear of cases like these.

We have laughable mental health care in America.

I have a family member who behaves this way. Obvious mental illness, alcoholism, violent behavior. The cops pretty much told me that there's nothing you can until he either kills someone or kills himself. Anything else he'll just go through the system and come out even worse.

Finally I just cut ties with that side of the family.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

ltheghost
edition.cnn.com... ide/

I don't know how many of you watch Master Chef, but you would remember Josh. He was 7 foot 2 and was just a nice guy on the show. He could cook too. It looks like mental illness and easy access to a gun ended his life. Very Sad.

I'm a chef, and I'll tell you what, very stressful job. Before where I am now cooking in franchises such as Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, TGI Friday, etc.... they only pay minimum wage, no respect for their employees, and make you work long hours with no breaks. In factories and most jobs, you are required a break for every so many hours of work, nope not in restaurants. Also franchises often have a locked door in the kitchen with an alarm on it (they say it is for safety reasons, but we all know it is so a cook can't walk out or go smoke out back without the manager going out with them so they can rush them back in).

Now that I'm in a good position at a great brew pub, the best in town, I actually am loving it, but it is very stressful when being slammed busy day after day. I cope by smoking, and drinking

Sad to hear he committed suicide, he seemed like a nice guy on the show, and had some talent. RIP to a fellow chef!

top topics

join