It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 facepalm-inducing moments from the right — just this week!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Theme music for this thread……

1. Michele Bachmann: ‘Obama is part of Al Qaeda and end times are near.’

To the extent that she is capable of rational decision-making, Minn. Rep. Michele Bachmann decided this week might be a fitting time to remind the public that she is bat[snip] crazy. During a radio interview, she spun out her theory that, A) President Obama is arming terrorists, generally, and Al Qaeda, specifically. And B) This is cause for rejoicing because it is a sign that the end times are near.

Then the holy spirit must have filled her, or something, and she got all mystical. She said: “As I look at the End Times scripture, this says to me that the leaf is on the fig tree and we are to understand the signs of the times . . . we are to understand where we are in God’s end times history.”

Panic not, Christians, she continued. “Rather than seeing this as a negative, we need to rejoice, Maranatha Come Lord Jesus, His day is at hand. When we see up is down and right is called wrong, when this is happening, we were told this; these days would be as the days of Noah.”

2. Some of Antonin Scalia’s best friends are gay—and yeah, the devil exists.

Antonin Scalia let it all hang out in a recent interview with New York magazine’s Jennifer Senior, telling her, “I even believe in the devil.”

Not one to be plagued with pesky self-doubt, Scalia went even further on the topic of Lucifer: “He’s a real person. Hey, c’mon, that’s standard Catholic doctrine! Every Catholic believes that.” For those not following the recent exploits of Satan, he has evolved since biblical times, no longer making pigs run off cliffs, for instance. “What he’s doing now is getting people not to believe in him or in God.” Scalia explained. “He’s much more successful that way.”

Also, and this is very reassuring, Scalia is pretty sure he knows some people who are gay, although he reckons that they are not sharing this fact with him, especially seeing as how he is the most outspokenly homophobic member of the high court, who made his displeasure known about the court’s landmark decisions in support of legalizing same-sex marriage last spring.

Full article here and more context

continued.......

edit on 14-10-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Mon Oct 14 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed items 3-7

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

I think most expect this kind of thing from Bachman and for me I am not even surprised by all the crazy being spewed to be honest I don’t know if I should be surprised that all this happened in one week. Based off of FOX alone I would think there was a lot more but it has been a while since I had cable.

edit on 14-10-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Oct 14 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed items 8-10

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
There's a lot of context behind these statements that must be looked at before anyone can make any judgment at all.

Am I surprised that the folks on the Right would say such things....no. But I expect just as much stupidity from the Left.

In the end, I'm kinda sick of all the division lately over politics and this shutdown. Almost everyone is ticked at the people in DC....cant we run with that and just kick em all out?

edit on 14-10-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Funny thing is most of it is true...

Oh, you know the left or "wrong" had some good face palmers this week(year) too!

edit on 14-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: more

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
Funny thing is most of it is true...

Oh, you know the left or "wrong" had some good face palmers this week(year) too!

edit on 14-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: more

Yea? Feel free to post them. Haha, he made a joke about "wrong" being opposite of "right". What an intellectual giant we have in our midst.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Sure, I got Hundreds...

Here is one...

Flashback: Obama: Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgTydr4gAaI
www.youtube.com...

The video is from 2011, but if you see it this year you may be subjected to a face palming...

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
In related news.

Cruz on God’s role in the shutdown

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) said over the weekend that he had prayed to God to guide him in the shutdown fight and was sure that “his will be done as I know it will be.”

Televangelist Pat Robertson opened Monday’s edition of The 700 Club by describing the Oct. 17 debt ceiling deadline as a “countdown to Armageddon.”

I think I see the problem here. We have a lot of politicians that think God will fix this and they are ballsey enough to think gods on their side. To think he would even takes sides is messed up. No free will with these guys.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You know..usually the left and right are equally insane.

BUT,

I have to say, the right really take the cake when it comes to nonsensical bullsh.t.

I mean, I can't imagine you could write up a weekly list for about liberal pundits and politicians saying the insane things that come out of the right.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Here is a fresh one:

Dem Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee Suggests Martial Law to End Government Shutdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUx50lP8Vfc
www.youtube.com...

This is "Crazy"!!

Martial Law in America??

Martial Law in America is like something out of the Holy Bible or Mother Shipton Prophecy.....Crazy!

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

No no, not that same thing.

Find me 10 a week of Dems saying ridiculous things, like Defaulting on the debt isn't defaulting.

I'm saying the Liberals don't say stupid things, but they certainly don't say them as often, or with as much conviction.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The sooner people realize that this all isn't abiut the right and the left, Democrat or republocan, the qucker we can move forward. They are ALL guilty. Some more than others... yes.

This is about OUR country now. Not what side of the fence youre on.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

There is no doubt that all sides say stupid or insane things but you hit the nail on the head when posting. One side seems to frequently out do the other. I wonder if the publication is going to have a top 10 every week.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Grimpachi

Sen. Tom Coburn, a shining example of intellectual acuity, said early this week: “I would dispel the rumor that is going around that you hear on every newscast, that if we don’t raise the debt ceiling, we will default on our debt. We won’t. We’ll continue to pay our interest.”

He made this blatantly crazy statement with a straight face. As economist Robert Reich explained on his blog: “While the Treasury Department could prioritize interest payments after October 17 – the day the Treasury Department says it no longer has legal authority to pay the nation’s debts – and not pay Social Security and Medicare, this would buy a few days at most.”

Meanwhile, interest rates will soar, stock prices will plummet, the global economy will begin spiraling downward, and millions of Americans wouldn’t receive their Social Security and Medicare.”

OK I don't know where you get this crap but they need to check their facts. This statement is 100% correct, and it is pathetic that you are so ignorant you believe it to be a false statement.

Here is how it works, by law the federal government must pay the interest on debt first - it takes precedence over everything, including social security, medicare etc. The interest on the national debt is a little over 300 billion a year. We take in 2.7 trillion in tax income per year.

We can EASILY pay the interest on the debt from our taxable income without raising the debt limit. We do not pay any money towards principle nor have we for decades.

Now I got news for you - whether you like it or not entitlements are going to be cut, because we simply cannot afford them and like it or not military spending is going to be paid for first. Notice your beloved Obama hasn't made any cuts to it despite running the largest deficits in history.

Now if you really think we will be able to continue to just raise our debt outstanding forever without any consequences you are as dumb as a box of rocks. The only reason rates have not skyrocketed - is because the federal reserve is literally buying 90%! of the outstanding bond sales to keep the rates down. This will not work for much longer and in fact rates are beginning to rise in spite of this insane hopeless tactic. Even if it does keep rates down which it won't, inflation is going to get out of control quickly.

You can tell how desperate they are getting by preemptively shouting raise the debt limit or there will be a world Economic catastrophe. Now think logically - if you can - how can a few hundred billion dollar extension of the debt limit avoid world catastrophe when the world is already 30+ trillion in debt and no one is paying a cent towards the principal?

The answer is of course it can't fix anything it can only delay the catastrophe for a little while longer. Continuing to pretend the problem will go away is not going to accomplish anything.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

No wonder many people have said that God is dead.
There is a near infinite number of imbeciles, all
yelling that they speak for Him. They are drowning
Him out!

OMG

Thank goodness that self-promotion and a desire
to set himself up for 2016 wasn't a part of his
prayer process!

KPB

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by proximo

OK I don't know where you get this crap but they need to check their facts.

By chance did you see the bolded words saying “Full article here and more context”.

Are you actually going to then claim you know better when you can’t even deduce that from the OP.

Sigh……

And you are calling people dumb. Wow.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It would be nice if they gave sources to those quotes. It doesn't make them look credible when they do things like that. I'm not saying these quotes aren't crazy, they are (although I think the Glenn Beck one may have been taken out-of-context), just saying sources are an important thing in media.
edit on 14-10-2013 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

Well most seem pretty easy to find. Just copy then paste the quote into the browser which I was working on. Then my thread got sniped which I am asking about through U2U. Threads that aren't nice to the Right usually are highly scrutinized.

But I am waiting for a response to see what was the actual T@C was.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

My explanation for this pattern is going to sound snarky, but this is what I see.

Modern liberals follow strict rules on how to behave, what to believe, and who to listen to. Political correctness and widespread personal hatred for the other side are largely to blame. It is a very clique-ish ideology.

Conservatives, be it from spiritual self-righteousness or indignant self-assertion of liberty, are by and large speaking their minds. It is no surprise that they are responsible for plenty of off-the-wall comments.

MSM does ignore most gaffes by Libs, though. Biden holds the personal record for bone headed statements. Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee, and Wasserman-Schitz are quite vocal in their insanity.

top topics

join