It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kotosh Vortex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
There is not too much information about this interesting place. It's part of the Kotosh Temple of the Crossed Hands, in Peru. When you approach to the center of the circle, it amplifies your voice like talking with a microphone and speakers. Also, the compass goes crazy. Clocks seem to run faster too. The effect is stronger at noon. Practice a meditation in there is not recommended, you can end up with a big headache.

Don't care about a translation, just listen.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The video might not show much till over half way through, and even then not much, but this place reminds me as like an opposite to “The Zone of Silence” in Mexico

The Zone of Silence was first identified in the 1930's by pilot, Francisco Sarabia when he claimed his radio stopped working and the plane's instruments went wild while flying over the area in northern Mexico. It was later deduced that radio waves cannot be transmitted in and above the area due to local magnetic fields.

In 1970 a faulty American Athena missile fired from the White Sands Missile Base in nearby New Mexico went off course inexplicably and crashed into the mysterious desert region and made the world aware of the unique and apparently unusual properties of the area. Subsequently a team of U.S. Air Force investigators, with Mexican government approval, journeyed to the crash site and made an unexpected discovery. Within an unspecified and sometimes shifting area within the Zone, radio signals fail to travel through the air, creating a type of dark zone. No television, radio, short wave, microwave, or satellite signals seem to penetrate this zone. The name, Zone of Silence, was quickly adopted, and researchers began flocking to the remote location shortly thereafter. nationalparanormalassociation.blogspot.co.uk...

I’ve long wondered what destroyed the advanced (pre-Inca) civilisation that built the Megalith structures in and around Peru around 12 to 15,000 years ago (I read there was a single stone weighing more than all the stones of Stonehenge put together, in a wall made of similar sized stones, transported around 30 miles.

I’ve long been open to the idea of an ancient nuclear war, but primarily because of the scale of the destruction. Something just doesn’t feel right about the ancient nuclear war theory, and it’s not merely the absence of radioactivity that would still persist today (plutonium 239 has a half-life of 24,000 years)…

So…
The mad-engineer part of me wonders –has a hunch, that the destruction of ancient Peru could have something to do with this civilisations ability to understand weird focal points in nature? Because once man understands something, it tends to be (at most) just centuries before that same understanding is used for war -evil.

Does anyone else share this far-out, hunch? It's always intrigued me how some really massive, inland, ancient structures, show serious destruction. Admittedly some of it in Peru involves rock melting which pushes more to the ancient nuclear war scenario, but ah... The lack radioactivity!

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I must have looked at the title 10 times I swear it said Kotex?!!!! Time for bed me thinks. Now let me go back and actually read the op.....

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Liberal1984

I’ve long wondered what destroyed the advanced (pre-Inca) civilisation that built the Megalith structures in and around Peru around 12 to 15,000 years ago

The only difficulty with that idea is that there is no evidence of an 'advanced' civilization in Peru 12-15,000 years ago. If you using Posnansky's guessimate of age then I would suggest you look up how he made that up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the OP and Trueman

I would be very skeptical of places that claim physical laws are being distorted! It is however a nice archaeological site

pre-Columbian site, near the modern city of Huánuco in present-day central highland Peru, known for its early temple structures. These earliest buildings, some of which have interior wall niches and mud-relief decorative friezes, date to the end of the Late Preceramic Period (c. 2000–1800 bc). The site also contains remains of later cultures in the area. The Initial Period is represented by overlying temple structures and a style of pottery known as the Wairajirca. These buildings and ceramics are, in turn, overlain by Chavín materials (Early Horizon; 1000–400 bc).

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I would be very skeptical of places that claim physical laws are being distorted! It is however a nice archaeological site

Good to see you Hans, as always.

Regarding that comment, there are many visitors in this place every day and they experience the phenomena by themselves as part of the tour.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

By the shadows it looks to be high noon.

Cant really tell by the video any difference in sound volume.

Would have been nice to have a watch comparison test done like the relativity atomic clock test.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

HanslunThe only difficulty with that idea is that there is no evidence of an 'advanced' civilization in Peru 12-15,000 years ago. If you using Posnansky's guessimate of age then I would suggest you look up how he made that up.

This thread is full of pictures showing massive Inca destruction
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In this other thread, in another area, Look at the picture below this quote…

Now unlike Egypt which was able to maintain power and control even between upper and lower Egypt. The area in question does show signs of massive upheaval. It appears that these ancient people faced a massive cataclysmic destruction of their civilization and the survivors were forced to begin again. Posnansky thought the Ancient Bolivian Tiahuanacans were flooded out. Hence the amount of drastic destruction of their ancient monuments.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Another interesting pic below here

Notice the huge multi-ton block on the hill behind this now famous statue? We are to believe the Spaniards tore the place apart looking for Gold and dragged these huge blocks and slabs half way up a hill for no better reason than to simply reposition them in their searches..

Kalasasaya temple (right next to modern Peru) may be built to plan from around 15,000 BC

At present our earth is tilted at an angle to of 23 degrees and 27 minutes, but this angle is not constant. The angle oscillates slowly between 22 degrees and 1 minute miminum to an extreme of 24 degrees and 5 minutes. A complete cycle takes roughly 41,000 years to complete. The alignment of the Kalasasaya temple depicts a tilt of the earth's axis amounting to 23 degrees, 8 minutes, 48 seconds, which according to astronomers, indicates a date of 15,000 B.C. www.atlantisquest.com...

The Black Knight Satellite seems to be around 13,000 years old
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Not to mention Egypt’s great Pyramid possibly being built around 9200 BC plus as much else indicates. All I’m getting at there does seem to seem to have been…
A. An ancient advanced civilisation before the last Ice Age
B. Who’s buildings were destroyed by something of massive crushing force
C. So what was the source of destruction? It seems like a war as wide geographical areas were affected, but it though comparable to nuclear war, probably wasn’t, since these places would only have lost less than half their radioactivity today (since the half-life of Plutonium 239 is 24,100 years, and for uranium 235 it’s even longer at 703.8 million years).
It seem either it was like a meteorite impact, or this ancient civilisation discovered another kind of weapon, one who’s technology I speculate might have something to do with e.g. this Kotosh Vortex.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I immediately thought about Earth's magnetic field.

Computer simulation of the Earth's field in a period of normal polarity between reversals. The lines represent magnetic field lines, blue when the field points towards the center and yellow when away. The rotation axis of the Earth is centered and vertical. The dense clusters of lines are within the Earth's core.

And then Earth's Magnetic Anomaly Grid

Do I think the Earth's magnetism may have something to do with this. Sure. Also gravity may have a role in it, seeing how we really know very little about it.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

Howdy Liberal1984

Thanks for the reply

You linked to a Slayer thread in which I participated I believe it had many discussions but started with Saksaywaman which built by the Inca on a site earlier built on by the Killke culture and it was was used by the Spanish as a quarry for building up Spanish Cusco. That and earthquake accounts for the damage it is dated at being no more than 1100 years old.

Ponansky was wrong and Tiahaunco is fairly recent construction, badly disrupted by earthquake, gold hunters and stone stealers - not helped by a faulty reconstruction

You mentioned something about large rocks on a hill - not sure what you were referencing here can you explain what you are referring too?

Kalasasaya is around 2,000 years old

Pyramids 9,200 BC, no the evidence shows around 2,600 BC if you are refering to Giza

There is no evidence of a 'Civilization' before the last Ice age. I say 'civilization' because there are specific requirements to use that word which are hard to match but there are however cultures or pre-civilizations after the Ice age, we shall probably find more of these smaller ones in the future.

top topics

join