It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats wrong with the English immigration people .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
For an empire long faded and dusty, full of a mish mash of people from around the globe they are mighty touchy about blonde haired white skinned tourist entering their country .
My daughter was turned back from UK boarder by a very nasty little lady who didn't like the fact that she was an artist who was coming from Amsterdham for a quick visit to her English friends .

No calling friends , no asking for contacts within England , no checking financials , just a I dont like you , you're way too attractive for this country , go away . My words , but obviously what the boarder patrol lady was thinking .
So heres the heads up England . Generally we Aussies have not that much interest in trying to illegally stay in your country as it is dull and cold and rainy and the people are very angry .
You have no sunshine and no beaches of warm tropical waters . Thats all we basically care about .
Spain may be a different question as she has these things , along with amazing culture and art works .
England has sunk. The ship went down after India kicked you out and basically you have become a poorer version of that part of the world that you once ruled .
You were so stupid that you sent your convicts to Australia to create a wonderfull country while you became poorer and poorer and sank in rain and dirty , crowed streets .

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Speaking and thinking in generalizations could make a person seem immature and short sighted.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

It seems that the boarder guard was exactly that as she was very general in her assumptions . The height of immaturity
All the English are in bed by now but ofcourse they wont understand as we adapt to our owrlds and cant concieve of others not being like ours .

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

Im not in bed, as we have some of the most lax visitor laws, I would look inward to see why your daughter was turned away, if as you state, the UK is such a pit, don't bother visiting, im sure we will be heart broken.
edit on 14-10-2013 by biggm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Anusuia
For an empire long faded and dusty, full of a mish mash of people from around the globe they are mighty touchy about blonde haired white skinned tourist entering their country .
My daughter was turned back from UK boarder by a very nasty little lady who didn't like the fact that she was an artist who was coming from Amsterdham for a quick visit to her English friends .

No calling friends , no asking for contacts within England , no checking financials , just a I dont like you , you're way too attractive for this country , go away . My words , but obviously what the boarder patrol lady was thinking .
So heres the heads up England . Generally we Aussies have not that much interest in trying to illegally stay in your country as it is dull and cold and rainy and the people are very angry .
You have no sunshine and no beaches of warm tropical waters . Thats all we basically care about .
Spain may be a different question as she has these things , along with amazing culture and art works .
England has sunk. The ship went down after India kicked you out and basically you have become a poorer version of that part of the world that you once ruled .
You were so stupid that you sent your convicts to Australia to create a wonderfull country while you became poorer and poorer and sank in rain and dirty , crowed streets .
i,m not english but a proud scot and no offence but i,ve no real insight into this in real life but have watched a million shows on sky about border control in australia and to me its like you calling the kettle black cause from my point of view your border control is worse than the british,you really need to look in before you look out.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Anusuia

i,m not english but a proud scot and no offence but i,ve no real insight into this in real life but have watched a million shows on sky about border control in australia and to me its like you calling the kettle black cause from my point of view your border control is worse than the british,you really need to look in before you look out.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here's one who's not in bed! I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's experience, but unsurprised. Our right-wing press is full of rants about immigration. Our politicians pander to the lowest common denominator. And our police and border agency are chock-full of racists and little Hitlers.

If it's any consolation - I guess it isn't - it's no easier for us trying to get back into our own country. We're kept waiting for hours, interrogated, insulted and made to feel like they'd keep us out too, given half a chance.

Obviously this is what our smug politicians mean when they say we're 'open for business'.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

"Artist," and "Amsterdam," would set off alarm bells for me too, and send her off to secondary inspection at the very least.

As far as UK Border Control, I personally never had any issues coming from the US, other European countries, East Asia or the ME. And, back in college, I looked pretty sketchy... So, I see your anecdotal story and raise you mine.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SummerLightning

I travel at least once every month, with no problems.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Do Americans have the same immigration rights in the UK as the afhgans and muslims ect?
What am thinking is that if we have a flood of white American immigrants in the UK we still get to keep half of our culture. We can just keep swapping back and forth like a ping pong table.

Don't tell me though only the muslims get this advantage? Why would we immigrate over there? its a serious question.

Edit. it would be more fun if australia joined in, If UK, USA and Aus all decided to start hopping over each other and pretend were all immigrants and leave the rest of the world out
edit on 14-10-2013 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Had the exact same thing happen to me a few years back coming in from spain....I'm an australian as well......nasty little old lady whose exact words were "because I don't like you". Deported to sydney with 20 euros in my pocket, and all my possessions still in spain......and my parents house another 2000 km to the north. I love the U.K. , but by god I hate that evil old witch.....

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

Your clearly not giving us a full story here. If she's from holland she has free movement within the eu. If she came for a beach holiday, maybe check out trip advisor before making holiday plans. Its October, in the Autumnal season, the season just before winter. People are not turned away for being too attractive. I suspect there is more to this than your letting on.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
If your daughter is a arrogant racist little upstart like you OP im not surprised she was turned away.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

crazyewok
If your daughter is a arrogant racist little upstart like you OP im not surprised she was turned away.

Perfect

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

eta: whats the point, half brained racists dont take new stuff onboard anyway. enjoy being white and blonde
edit on 15-10-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

top topics

join