It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peruvian Air Force to open Department studying UFO reports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Apologies if this has already been posted but thought it warranted sharing, apparently Peru is now officially and publicly entering the UFO study arena:

The Peruvian Air Force will launch a specialized department this coming Friday, October 18, 2013, that will study the UFO phenomenon. The Anomalous Aerial Phenomenon Research Department (DIFAA) will be formally launched in Lima, Peru at the offices of the “Dirección Nacional de Intereses Aero Espaciales” (DINAE) of the Peruvian Air Force that will formally host the new UFO Department. The new Department (DIFAA) will be directly assisted by a Civilian Advisory Council. The announcement of the upcoming launch of DIFAA was officially released by Giorgio Piacenza who is a member of the inaugural Civilian Advisory Council, and an advisor to the Exopolitics Institute.

Full link to article can be found here

There is now a long list of South American countries openly studying this phenomenon, so to all those that believe UFOs don't exist, I would have to say calling the thousands of people involved in these programs as liars would be just insulting.

And back to us here in the western world with no official programs investigating and a basic air of denial floating around the subject, it seems like we are going backward in relation to our South American friends.

He went on to say in his announcement that “many countries in the Latin American region are actively pursuing a similar path to legitimate these issues and overcome the unnecessary stigma attached to reporting about UFOs and the possible or real extraterrestrial presence.”

Sometimes you wonder how valuable the truth can be to be kept secret for this long.
edit on 14-10-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

If in fact the peruvian gov't goes through with this action, I think it's another example of how the military-industrial complex is slowly losing its grip on world secrecy and control of information. The more countries like Peru, Ecuador, Mexico, Russia and the like that stand up to this issue, the more disclosure will occur. Back in the late 80's I worked in Lima for 2 years and traveled the country extensively. Although I never saw a ufo, people talked freely of them. However, it is the Lemurian stone structures I remember most around Cuzco with their size and angles, and I still find them as fascinating as the ufo phenomena.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
people will only believe what they are told. ive seen so much material on this that its hard not to believe.

maybe it takes a person to see it for their selves to know it is all real.

why would they have all the things they do on ufo's if it was fake?

mabe this place will be able to shed some light on it not only teel every one but show them as well i think thats what its gonna take

good post thank you.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Zcustosmorum
There is now a long list of South American countries openly studying this phenomenon, so to all those that believe UFOs don't exist, I would have to say calling the thousands of people involved in these programs as liars would be just insulting.

Cool.
Switching the definion of a word halfway through a sentence, using the argument of popularity, and also cramming in a straw man... all in the one sentence.
That takes skill.

The original definition of UFO as an "Unidentified..." object. I dont think there can be anyone in the world who disputes that these exist.

edit on 14-10-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

alfa1

Zcustosmorum

Cool.
Switching the definion of a word halfway through a sentence, using the argument of popularity, and also cramming in a straw man... all in the one sentence.
That takes skill.

The original definition of UFO as an "Unidentified..." object. I dont think there can be anyone in the world who disputes that these exist.

edit on 14-10-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

You'd be surprised mate and yes, they do exist, whether it be through lack of coverage or the mocking tones in some papers, people who don't believe in UFOs exist.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Related link without the annoying pop-ups, etc. here

edit on 2013-10-14 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Hello, I am from Peru but live in Maryland. As far as I can remember UFO has never been a big argument back home as most people "know" of their existence. We are pretty open to admit/learn of "hidden" subjects as our history is not explainable by today's minds. Therefore, I am glad my government back home is open to learn more and to let it known.
Just within my family members there are many stories and very interesting ones. When I learn how to start a thread I will explain.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Zcustosmorum

Apologies if this has already been posted but thought it warranted sharing, apparently Peru is now officially and publicly entering the UFO study arena:

The Peruvian Air Force will launch a specialized department this coming Friday, October 18, 2013, that will study the UFO phenomenon..

Great news and great thread mate (really can't beleive it has so few replies and flags) -guess Peru now join Chile, Argentina and Uruguay as responsible governments responsibly investigating reports of unidentified flying objects in their respective airspace -as we've discussed before Brazil also looks to be taking matters seriously by getting their MOD to call in UFO researchers to formally discuss the subject earlier this year (that countries in the West like the U.S. and the U.K. refuse to follow suit and continue to pretend they're not interested in this subject is a bit of a joke IMHO).

The mission statement below from the Argentine Government Air Force UFO Commission just about sums up the respectful attitude the South American countries have towards their citizens when it comes to this subject and I suppose a lot of folks thought it was only a matter of time before Peru joined up as they've experienced quite a number of extremely freaky UFO incidents (this one being a good example).

“To document, analyze and study unidentified phenomena in an orderly, systematic and truthful manner by means of conventional control systems on the airspace under the National Jurisdiction.”

Link

Cheers!
edit on 21-10-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thx for the bump up mate, I guess some may think that Peru is too far away to warrant any interest or something

It's also sad that those who seem to sit at the top of the pyramid in the oligarchy of the western world don't share the same openness of South America.

Congratz on the new Mod roll btw

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So much has been talked in Peru about UFOs as meaning aliens that this has become their mindset to think 'aliens' as soon as they see something they cannot identify. This takes them away from thinking critically but when media and everything talks about such things, especially with people like James Maussan, people get brainwashed.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Zcustosmorum

Thx for the bump up mate, I guess some may think that Peru is too far away to warrant any interest or something

Could be mate but it's pretty big news anyway
it states at one of the Spanish links that the re-opening is due 'in response to the significant increase in claims and reports on Anomalous Aerial Objects commonly referred to as UFOs in the skies over Peruvian Territory' so it really does look like there's been an increase in unexplained reports -also goes on to mention incidents in La Molina, Marabamba and 'a recent sighting by officials in the jungle' so would like to hear more about those.

Also saw this vid featuring Dr Choy (founder of OIFAA) discussing the Chulucanas incident and as Easynow mentions on the thread it was because of these sightings the Peruvian Military initially started investigating UFO reports (IMSAM also makes a good point about post traffic).

History Channel interview Dr. Anthony Choy, founding member of OIFAA, Ufo Office of the Peruvian Air Force, about "The Chulucanas Incident" first Ufo Official Case of Perú.

The Chulucanas, Peru UFO incident

Zcustosmorum

It's also sad that those who seem to sit at the top of the pyramid in the oligarchy of the western world don't share the same openness of South America.

Sure is and it's a pretty sad state of affairs when citizens in countries like the U.S. and U.K. witness UFOs in cases like Stephensville, Holland Michigan, O Hare etc. and then have no-one to officially report them to because 'UFOs are of no defense significance' and the government has 'no interest' in unidentified flying objects -it's been asked before but if these objects are unidentified then how the Dickens can they know they are of no defense significance?

Apologies for the poor translation work but the opposite attitude towards its citizens does seem to be emerging from the South American Countries and you're not wrong about them being a lot more open -below is a statement about Peru's new UFO office from the head of the Directorate of Air Space Interests (DINAE) and there's also a relevant vid but unfortunately it's in Spanish.

TV RPP – FAP INVESTIGATES UFO OCCURRENCES – DINAE

We are interested in people observing seemingly unconventional phenomena, which cause surprise or concern, know that there is an institution that will do an adequate study and research your information in order to respond.

From this date, people witnessing anomalous aerial phenomena seen in your area or anywhere in the country can report their observations through pictures or your own testimony
, spokesmen reported.

link

Zcustosmorum

Congratz on the new Mod roll btw

Thanks mate!
edit on 23-10-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I was shocked when I read the OP!

I didn't know Peru had an Air Force. Turns out they do.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

draknoir2

I didn't know Peru had an Air Force.

A ha good one -yes I think it's fair to say their Air Force planes aren't as impressive as the American equivalents but I did read that Peru recently made a formal request to Spain to buy 16 Eurofighters at a cost $61 million each -if you're interested there's also some info here about the specs of the Sukhoi S-22 jet used in the La Joya Military Base UFO incident on April 11th, 1980 at 7:15 in the morning.

denyego26

Hello, I am from Peru but live in Maryland. As far as I can remember UFO has never been a big argument back home as most people "know" of their existence.

Denyego26, look forward to that thread and there's more info at the link below about UFO incidents from your country where it mentions 'hundreds of UFO sightings over or near military bases, atomic silos, warships, transport and combat aircraft' -it's also quite refreshing to read of an Air Force Officer who actually does perceive UFOs to be a threat to national security.

Peru's UFO Office Officially Opened in 2002

Directly following the March 2002 first-ever visit by an American President, George W. Bush, to Peru, the Peruvian Air Force installed an "Office of Investigation" to track alleged UFOs whose flashing lights are said to distract pilots and radar operators from doing their jobs. The Air Force is concerned about the disturbances in our air space,'' said Air Force Commander Julio Chamorro, whose new office received funding from unknown sources. He sees unidentified flying objects as a threat to national security.

Link

There are also claims made in this film (around 6:10) describing how 'the U.S. Secret Services offered significant economic and career related incentives to Ecuadorian Military personnel so that information and documents pertaining to UFOs were concealed' so let's hope that doesn't happen in Peru.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Zcustosmorum, don't know if you saw it mate but Trueman's authored a good thread below about the OIFAA's activities back in 2001 and it looks like computers containing classified UFO records were stolen from their offices in 2004 - also contains some great links and videos about other Peruvian UFO incidents like in the Amazonian village of San Juan, Pucallpa, 2008 where multiple residents reported UFOs 'flying over night shooting beams of light against the settlers' -sounds a bit like the 1977 Colares case to me.

One Example of How UFO Disclosure is Also Controlled

There's also a good interview below with Colonel Julio Vucetich, the director of the Department of Anomalous Aerial Phenomena Research (Difaa) who discusses subjects like what constitutes anomalous aerial phenomena and where to send the reports - he also mentions his country having international meetings about the UFO investigative office to coordinate and exchange information (and states that France, Italy and Spain are the most advanced).

Speaking to elcomercio.pe, the director of the Difaa, Colonel Julio Vucetich, criticized those who mock the seriousness of the issue and stressed that the department may conduct joint with similar entities in other countries so that in Peru there was substantiated information.

In which countries in the region have similar departments?

For example, in Chile with the Committee for the Study of Anomalous Aerial Phenomena (CEFAA), the Study Commission of the UFO Phenomenon (Cefora) in Argentina, the Commission of Inquiry into Allegations Recipient and Unidentified Flying Objects (CRIDOVNI) of Uruguay. We're going interconnecting bilateral meetings to exchange information and have coordination meetings. The most advanced are the Europeans, France, Italy and Spain.

Link

Cheers.
edit on 26-10-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I just posted a thread about Peru and aliens and drugs. And the influence of the USA on Peru.

Peru knows all about UFO's. They have an incredible number of sightings there--many of which have been the subject of books and movies (Out On A Limb) for one.

But the most fascinating occurrence was told by a marine, who came across a crashed UFO while on duty in Peru.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

MRuss

But the most fascinating occurrence was told by a marine, who came across a crashed UFO while on duty in Peru.[/yvid]

Yes mate when it comes to interviews with remarkable content I think that video's got to be up there as one of the most interesting of the lot and I guess all it boils down to is whether you believe him or not (his body language, eye movements, tone inflections etc..) do suggest to me he isn't making it up though.

As expected the re-opening of 'official' UFO investigations in Peru is getting quite a bit of coverage on their mainstream media and there's a good piece below sourced by RealTVUFOs featuring an interview with FAP's Colonel Julio Vucetich and some other interesting UFO footage, photographs and eye-witness interviews (but Spanish language only I'm afraid
) :

Every day different parts of the world reported sightings of unidentified flying objects. People around the globe, including in Peru, claim to have seen flying saucers and alleged all kinds of spacecraft manned by beings from other planets visiting us.

Due to the growing wave of UFO sightings in different areas of the country, Peru Air Force, responsible for security in the airspace over our territory, has relaunched the Difaa, the research department of anomalous aerial phenomena.

Cheers!
edit on 2-11-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
GOOD ON THEM!!
I hope they are successful and open with the information.
And I REALLY hope that no one (or nothing) intimidates them into silence.

new topics

top topics

join