It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Redskins must change their offensive Name...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

buster2010
reply to post by AbleEndangered

This is our Chief,...Deal with it!!

Look it's the Native American Al Jolson in blackface. He is not a Chief in any way if anything he is a disgrace.

I knew some couldn't deal with it.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

redmage
reply to post by beezzer

Lovely backpedaling there. Very graceful!

As someone with Sioux heritage, I couldn't agree with the OP more. Definitely need to remove that offensive "Washington" portion from the team name!

Whatever. Enjoy the gloat. It's included with your meal.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Awesome!

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
OP thanks for that OP it sooo explains why I get certain responses to my OPs at times.

I am often left reading responses wondering what the hell are they talking about.....did they post in the wrong thread. Good one.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Great idea. Drop Washington from the Redskins name. It's not like their called the South Texas Illegals or the Texas Wetbacks. Next thing they will attack is the little kids leagues across America.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

All because of some Sun Burn People ...........Go Figure........

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Auricom
I hate overly PC crap. I think it hurts more than it helps. However, that doesn't change the fact that they have a point.

I for one like the name. I don't find it offensive, but I'm not Native Indian either.

I think these examples are unfortunate.

The New York Jews? Is that really a Team?

I can see that ending up in court...

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Beautifully done...

[clap clap clap]

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

YOU have made me a better man today. And I am thankful to have learned such a valuable lesson in good fun.

Long live the Redskins!

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
please tell me you guys realize this whole Redskins debate is distraction ploy right?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Congratulations, star well earned, for you have proved yet another important fact, namely;
'LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP', surprised how many leaped and then read your word's in full, have a nice day now.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Friggin' hilarious.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Its the pussification of america. What's next? I'm a white boy and the name Chicago "white Sox" offends me. Must these p.c. people ruin everything? I live in the south and can't even fly a confederate flag to show my southern pride without being labeled a redneck racist. Whatever tho. No worries. I'm a middle-class blue collar white male trying to support a beautiful wife and two awesome kids.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Meanwhile, Rome burns.

Lets just change anything that offends anyone to the white/Caucasian version of it, Call them the Rednecks, we wont flinch.

"washington rednecks"

HAahaaa

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

whyamIhere
That's right it is downright disgraceful they continue to use the name.

The name stands for everything bad about America.

I personally get offended ever single time I hear their name.

I almost get sick. I taste throw-up in my mouth just thinking about it.

Please change the name. I can't take it. It's beyond disrespectful.

You must drop that no good word "Washington" from your name.

Hail to the Redskins...

That was so awesome.

You rock hard core WhyamIhere.
You just do.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Being on the second page, I think it safe to say that I find it scary to have a MODERATOR who don't read the post to the end... YIKES!!!

And scary to see how many people, even most respected ones here, who don't read to the end...

What has this world come to?....

I wonder if one could make a second thread inside another one, thread I mean?...
edit on 14-10-2013 by NowanKenubi because: klarifikation!

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Back in the early 2000s the University of Northern Colorado had an intramural basketball team called the Fighting White guys.

I thought it was hilarious. I guess it was meant to be insulting but to be honest I've been hearing what an evil POS I am for 40 years. As an employed, taxpaying, straight, white, conservative, Christian male I'm among the most hated demographics on the planet and I'm rarely allowed to forget it for more than a few minutes. Especially in the USA.

Why in the world would I care if someone named a basketball team after white people?

I do find the name Dallas Cowboys to be insulting though.

Dallas gives cowboys a bad name.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The new name should be -

The Cesspool Redskins.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

You do get upset a lot. Can't be good for you.

Chief Zee has been the unofficial mascot of the Redskins for 35 years, he's well loved. His name is Zema Williams. Your crack about Al Jolson and blackface is unnecessary and insulting. That's his real skin.

Ease up a little.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Auricom
I hate overly PC crap. I think it hurts more than it helps. However, that doesn't change the fact that they have a point.

I for one like the name. I don't find it offensive, but I'm not Native Indian either.

Thank you. It has always been offensive to me and my family. We are not a cartoon character either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join