It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AH-64D appears in China

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
My Apache knowledge starts and ends at the web server :-) but you guys who are picking this thing apart... quite impressive. It seems to me...

This is nothing more than phase one of de-Americanizing of the world by China.

"This Apache will explode from the intense pressure of gunpowder deployed by the world's greatest generation of fireworks manufacturers. I can see it now... shooting like a rocket through the billowing smoke... Chinese Klux Knievel sails over the paper mache' model of aging American MIC technology. He approaches the thin red line indicating a perfect landing... slamming both tires down at the same... BOOM!! a secondary explosion occurs... BUT! This one was different!! The explosion appeared to collapse both wheels simultaneously, from the hub outward like a BLOOMING ONION. It is a horrific scene as Chinese Klux Knievel's head is driven into the sand... leaving only his stubby little legs sticking out. As it turns out Knievel had been using Chinese wheel bearings."

-Research3300

China or not that dirt bike riding next to it... that's just funny.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
one thing that I can't help but think though, surly if the Chinese has somehow bought a downed AH64 they would not move it around on the back of a flat bed with out putting a cover over it.

That's what I thought too.

If it is a real photo of an AH-64 on a truck in China, they would only do this if they wanted everyone to know they have it.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by projectvxn

Interestingly if you look at the A model, this one fits better. The A doesn't appear to have steps on the left side, and a couple other features match a little better.

I agree that it could very easily be a mock up, but it's damn good if it is.

It is missing to many features even for the A models. I think it has to be mock.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
There is a full-scale model of an Apache in the Beijing Aviation Museum. Built and donated by a Chinese Colonel apparently.

Museum image of Apache mock-up

Is this another mock-up for the museum? I had a look at some images of the museum but couldn't match up buildings, etc. There is a wooded hill that contains a tunnel. In the images posted of the Apache on the trailer there is on the right what looks like a bridge and steps leading up the hill?

Tourist images of Museum

Link to images of Apache on trailer
edit on 15/10/2013 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It is likely to be a replica. Possibly the one now in the Expo Park in Zhenhai?

www.zhxww.net...

lh3.googleusercontent.com...

www.zhxww.net...

China Air Defense Expo Park to Open in Zhenhai
2010-01-12 12:19:43
The other day, China Air Defense Expo Park, the first place in China for the exhibition and education of national air defense, laid its foundation in Zhenhai, Ningbo City. This indicates that Ningbo is in the forefront of China in the education of national defense.

China Air Defense Expo Park is to rely on the Education Base of the Zhenhaikou Coastal Defense and to make use of the air defense facilities in the Zhaobao Mountain Scenic Spot. The total investment for the project is 180 million yuan. With an area of 40,000 sq meters, and a floorage of 18,500 square meters, it is expected to be a place for exhibition, research, cultural exchanges and tourism as well as an education base for patriotism and heroism.

The park will consist in an exhibition hall, an area of air defense tunnels and an exhibition area for weapons. By such means as multimedia, pictures and personal participation, it aims to systematically popularize the knowledge of air defense.

So far, the design and expert approval for China Air Defense Expo Park has been completed. The work for gathering exhibits has started and the park is estimated to open on October 1, 2011.

english.ningbo.gov.cn...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

I'm pretty sure it is a mock up, I just wanted folks to work for it, instead of "it's a mock up" with nothing else. It's always good to see the reasons WHY it's a mock up.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I'm a Blackawk guy, but I'm constantly around Apaches. So generally speaking I'm very familiar with what should be on it, where the seams are, and what the sensor suite actually looks like.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I know you know what you're talking about, I just can't stand when someone says "mock up" with no evidence. So to get me to agree, I'm gonna make people bring evidence to the table. I was pretty sure it was a mock up, but I just like to see why other people think that it is, and what they're looking at.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Woah, woah, you want people to have a reason for believing something?

You can't be serious

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I know, right? Expecting people to be able to back up their statements with some kind of proof. I'm a dinosaur.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Look I spent 2 years in an Apache unit within artillery range of the DMZ S.K..

Aside from it not having the right details it’s too small. Every once in a while I had to pull night duty refueling them with a fuel Hemit we would pull right up under the rotors the things dwarfed our trucks. The landing gear is wrong along with the canopy. Oh the apaches I worked with were the first ones in Korea they replaced the cobras.

Just way too small.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

And like I said, I was pretty sure it was a mock up. I just wanted people to show WHY they said it was a mock up. I'm a dinosaur, and like people to back up their statements.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

When I first looked at it I couldn't really say why I thought it was a mock it just rubbed me that way. I couldn't pinpoint any specific thing. A lot of things looked wrong but it took me a while to be certain. The nose is a giveaway as well. However the size that is the clincher for me.
edit on 15-10-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

The more I look at it the more I see like the tail fin at the wrong angle.

edit on 15-10-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

There were a few things that struck me as well, but that "something isn't right" hit me when I saw it too.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Even though I worked with them for a while it had me guessing. Overall that is a pretty good machup. With the two pictures side by side which I still had to do even though the size was wrong had me second guessing myself but I am certain at this point.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Yeah, I was really impressed at the accuracy of it. The rear canopy angle set of a few bells for me. It's just slightly off, a little too steep. That was the first alarm for me. The fact that it wasn't covered was another. I've never seen any real project in China moved that wasn't covered.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Check out the underbody section moving to the tail section. I should have caught that right away.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Here are the GPS coordinates if you want to see it on Google Earth:

29*57' 43.39" N
121*43' 10.31" E

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

These are the type of threads I love. A mystery to solve, the collective aeronautical consciousness comes together to present conclusive evidence to solve said mystery.
Thanks Zaph for posting.

Zaph: P.S. if you are ever in the Seattle area again look me up, I'd love to pick your brain and defiantly check out the Flight museum!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join