It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11: How Bin Laden Destroyed America and her Economy.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

these pictures look like they were taken when they were being built...please provide a date and/or website where the date of these pictures are shown

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

www.flickr.com...@N06/2674952033/

edit on 14-10-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I agree with the premise of the OP. I remember reading a TIME magazine interview, could have been just an article, with Bin Laden, pre 9/11 in which they talked about the war being a multi-generational war and the need to hurt America Militarily, Politically and Economically.

I bet he saw the Dept of Homeland Security and other post 9/11 expenditures as blood dripping from our Economy. Add on top of it the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and you have a blood loss of Billions of dollars from the U.S. Economy. I have no doubt that was a major part of his strategy. He was waging a century long war.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't for one second believe that Bin Laden had anything to do with 9/11. You, however, are free to feel otherwise.

Concerning the failing economy...fiat currencies ALWAYS fail. ALWAYS. Perhaps you could read up on Ron Paul's economic articles. He believes in Austrian economics as opposed to what 'we' currently have, which is Keynesian economics.

A simple google search will provide many 'hits'...

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Larry Silverstein got his money for the WTC from insurance companies, even then he tried to screw the airlines for more.
There is even more than a suspicion that 9/11 was a blind to steal bullion and riches, reputedly $160 billion, that was in vaults beneath the towers, and remember it was underground where the first explosions were reported.
Go and watch Die Hard: With a Vengeance (1995)
The scenario is the same as 9/11. New York, multiple 'terrorist' explosions, confusion, lockdown all to steal the federal reserve's gold, (not that it really belongs to the Fed anyway) A very singular 5 second picture of the twin towers, out of the films context, as well a sign pointing toward the New York port authority again out of context, and all under the pretence of terrorist demands, while the real reason was theft.
That sounds just about right, the FBI supposedly also had imtelligence back in the early 90's about attacks on skyscrapers, although OBL was seemingly under their radar. Yep, pull the other leg. This was the man who created Al Quaeda
Even the reading of OBL's history sounds like so much bull, how they supposedly justified multiple deaths of innocents in their 'Jihadist' attacks side by side with their guilty targets from a religious point of view as being a good thing because they will go to Heaven if they were good Muslims and Hell if they were not, Meh! that's the same thing as so called accidental 'collateral damage' that western military like to refer to when there was nothing accidental about it, as seen only too easily in the Baghdad video.
Again, OBL with another founded Al Quaeda, 'The base' Yet Robin Cook, a British MP insisted the year before he died that Al Quaeda was the name of a database file, "the database" originally the computer file of the thousands of Mujahideen who were recruited and trained with help from the CIA to defeat the Russians. Where did Cook, a ruling Labour cabinet MP, and foreign secretary up to Ahem, June 2001 then demoted to speaker of the house, but still a cabinet minister, where did he get that information from?
Robin Cook died in 2005, from hypertensive heart disease.
To add, this is Robin Cook's resignation speech from government over WMD doubt, or more like conviction,

edit on 14-10-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

We don't agree on much, but at least you are principled. I don't feel like I'm in the market to change people's minds, we are all free to form an opinion on what we research, so I push people to research for themselves.

You have obviously taken the time to do that and presented your thread well. However, with the wording you have used and the length of time you have been a member on ATS, you knew what sort of reaction you would get on here.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Sometimes the research can be found wanting, or not universal, the terror of the internet.
Sometimes real things seem unreal, Dr David Kelly weapons inspector died in 2003 deemed suicide, was against the Iraq WMD idea.
Robin Cook, ruling Labour party cabinet member resigned, against Iraq invasion and WMD idea, died 2005 from hypertension, yet was a whisky drinker.
Mo Mowlan, ruling Labour party cabinet member died in 2005 after a fall, was against Iraq invasion and WMD idea. However was critically ill with a malignant brain tumour for some time.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

1973 You are 5 years too late - picture taken during construction, before interior finished

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Looks interesting. I'll go over it all later when I get time. The housing bubble and credit crunch that came after it's collapse may need to be worked in.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It's too bad this turmed into 'who' rather than what it did to us. If only because we need to realize what it has done to us - not who did it. There have been a lot of studies on 9/11 where findings show a significant toll both economically and psychologically. There is no denying the terrorists won that day - and continue to defeat us. China now wants to de-Americanize the world (angry about dysfunction). We just keep going in the wrong direction - all while the terrorists (whoever one thinks they are), sit back and see what great of a job they did, (continue to do).

People backed the government when it all happened due to the boogie man scenario - feeling helpless yet anxious of a strike: when, where, and who? People like knowing someone has control of every situation so the government grew and they did it fast. They got to be the hero to a tragedy, and it happeened to also be good for business. We fell asleep at wheel just long enough to be taken off course. They like driving. We want that back and they cant do it because the power keeps them drunk - it's impossible to give that away on any level (by some). In spite of the harm in many antiterrorism approaches, they hold tight to them. Number one - how do you give back power freely given? Number two - it's too complicated to change overnight - if they ever begin doing that even full steam ahead.

The lesson that needs to be learned is how we all have responded, and to be aware of the ongoing results of that. How else would anyone respond to such a tragic and unprecidented event? Anger, fear, and helplessness are some ways. Yet those have turned to more anger, fear, and helplessness (and now hopelessness to ever regain our footing). I believe most in our government did the best they could (while some exploited it or have exploited it after the fact). We needed reassurance; they gave it. But they didn't handle it that well so the important thing to do is turn it around now. If they wont perhaps they like their power so much it's ok (to them) - that terrorist continue to have these negative affects on us. Many efforts have given a lot in the way of rewards to terrorists - has filled its intended purpose - to kill the spirit of citizens, to make us go broke, to make us fear and hate (loss of contentment), etc. They (terrorists) were not stupid people. Now - can our government ever get ahead of them? Lets see the negatibe results of this be turned around to bring this country back. Then we will stop the cycle of playing into their hands that should have been looked at long ago.

edit on 15-10-2013 by Dianec because: Confussing so fixed end.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Thanks for that response dude,

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
you need to go back to my thread on what time people in europe and else where heard about 9-11 are we all wrong .

i could go down any street in europe with a camera and blow the official story out of the water .

but war is good for buisness and even better for empire building and the only ones to get anything out of this are the ones now buying large ranches in patagonia all near water .

now all the extra staff america has employed for the alphabet agency's all looks good on paper with 47 million on food stamps what pleb is going to turn down minimum wage for gropping someone at a airport especially when they have sex crimes on their record .

but where did all the gold go and the jewels a lot of gold simply vanished or maybe it was tungsten to start with yip follow the money on this one .

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i've said this in a few threads. i'll say it here.

terrorist may have been in control of the aircraft that hit the towers.
but they didn't fund the deal.

we all know who did it. just look to the ones who made the most money from the wars.
think memebers of PNAC, former Halliburton CEO Cheny , and how many other defense contractors.

here is a link to PNAC WIKI, Project for the New American Century scroll down to the "Signatories to Statement of Principles"
and see how many were in the bush administration, and how many had ties to defense contracts and other ties to the federal government.

i won't even into the bush bin laden ties.

then you have to think about all the draconian laws and agencies that came about from the attack. no my friend, bin laden didn't do this on his own. he was a tool that was used.

oh, and another thing. if it weren't for charlie wilson, and the cia's secret weapons deals and training the Islamic Unity of Afghanistan Mujahideen, the seven Afghan mujahideen parties. there would have never been a al-Qaeda. the U.S. viewed the soviet war in afghanistan as part of the cold war. and promoted it to other muslim counties and that where bin laden came from.

edit on 15-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I agree in principle to your economic assessment however different parts of the country are in much better shape to handle economic woes (mainly due the a diverse economy and a more solid tax base) than other depressed areas. I don't think Bin Laden can be blamed for President Clinton, and his democratic Congress, attempt to make a home mortgage available to everyone-regardless of credit history or the ability to pay for it with a steady income. The housing collapse was totally self inflicted and as honorable as the attempt was you just can't give millions of Americans variable rate mortgages to houses that, not only the fact that they can't afford them, many did not have a job when approved for the loan. The grouping of these mortgages, that were mostly worthless, into derivatives that were hedged, not with investor money, but with the value of the mortgages that go full term-and everyone knew that was not going to happen. The housing market bubble that collapsed in 2007 and dragged the rest of the economy into recession can't in any way, shape or form be blamed on Osama bin Laden.

As far as the Sheik's motivation it was clear from the start that he wanted the US military to invade Afghanistan so his mujahideen could surround them in the mystical area of Maasada, known as 'The Lion's Den. Inspired by the Koran poet Hassan Ibn Thabit gave words to OBL's quest:

Whoever wishes to hear the clash of swords
Let him come to Maasada
Where he will find courageous men ready to die
For the sake of God

Of the more than 15,000 fighters trained in Bin Laden's camps this was the motivation to free Muslims from the bondage that they precede was brought on by the presents of American Troops in Saudi Arabia.

Bin Laden was angered and mystified by the lack of response by the American military after the African Embassy bombings and the deaths of Seamen on the USS Cole. His grand plan to trap the Americans in Maasada was failing miserably so he finally took the advice of KSM to 'go for the head of the snake'.

It was an awful blunder that had to be kept secret because so many in the Muslims world could see how reckless and ridiculous this plan was and would lead to the destruction, not only to al Qaeda but the Taliban as well-and that is exactly what happened.

On his trips to America a businessman like Bin Laden would surely have known the strength of the American democracy with it's system of free enterprise would never be brought down by another war-it might damage it to some extent but that would be all.

Again, you have a solid argument in principle however the unregulated greed inherent in any free enterprise system had more to do with the American recession than Bin Laden did.
edit on 17-10-2013 by spooky24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

If we are going to talk money and 911,why do people forget about September 10 2001??

People were outraged at the bailouts but completely forget the day before Sept 11 when 2.3 TRILLION went missing.
I highly doubt Bin Laden did it and I really suspect your government had its hands in the til.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
9/11?

No, today's economic malfunction was bred in western greed!

The peoples greed for gadgets, smart phones, cars, cheap credit, small loans, a 2nd mortgage and/or a boat!
The governments greed for resources, land, control and power!
The corporate greed for exorbitant bonuses, profits, perks and outsourcing!

We brought 9/11 on ourselves, we let our government run guns blazing into what ever affair it wanted. We borrowed the cash, we got those mortgages.. we enabled them!! We didn't care, we had cable!

We weren't watching when they hit the towers, we let them get away with it!
We looked the other way when they focused on Iraq
We let them march us off to war
We let them take control of the banks and the markets

.. and here we are trying to figure out how we got so fukd~

edit on 17-10-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by ThichHeaded

This thread is not about "who done it"

it is about the long term economic implications of the attack.

It just so happens that I believe the offical story so I have written the thread for the perspective of one who believes the offical narrative. But again as i have said regardless of what side of the debate you fall on the line of thinking I have outlined in the OP is applicable.

Yes but you are basing your entire argument on a bogus truth. It's not even truthiness...

Then you go on to state that 911, regardless of who perpetrated, had a direct effect on our economy but yoUr title states OBL. Hence everyone's comments. Our financial system is in dire straights because the world has become disillusioned by American Hegemony. There is a lack of confidence that America can maintain the status quo of the dollar being the only reserve currency therefore sending the western financial world into a tail spin.

Had the US government been successful in convincing the world that its false flag was a genuine attack and everything since: Patriot Act, Drone Striking Americans and foreigners, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, NSA spying, et. Al was us actually taking the "high road" then we would be having a different conversation.

Truth is, because you are one of the actual few who believe the nonsense is why things are the way they are.

You shoulda been better at convincing others your point of view. Therefore its your fault. I blame you.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yeah, if we able to find that elusive 2.3 trillion dollars and return it to our coffers then we have almost a problem solved moment. Right? Nudge nudge, wink wink.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

I think i would broadly agree with you with what you have said, its would probably have been more accurate to have described the attacks of 9/11 at the straw that broke the caramels back.

The pathetic state of the world banking system is something I have been spending quite a bit of time reading up on recently and I can agree that really it was always doomed regardless of 9/11. However like i say, I do think that its fair to say that 9/11 was the catalyst or at the very least has been a big contributor the current economic crisis.

Thanks for posting, I always enjoy reading your posts.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

9/11: How Bin Laden Destroyed America and her Economy.
page: 1
Bin Laden,not only that destroyed,US economy ,but he destroyed Earth's economy,because in that day hate was born,which was amplified during years hundreds of times.

This has generated wars,and in the same time has inflated world's economy ,to prove that nothing has happened and cover the wars.

But it was just a buble of soap which has imploded,deliberately or not,releasing what we can see today,with the force of many hundreds of NB's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join