It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is Michael Aquino, and I think it's kind of fun to do the impossible; Ask Me Anything.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

AFewGoodWomen
Well.
I guess my question wasn't good enough.
I thought so, but what do I know...???

Okay.

Maybe next time...Dr. Aquino.
Maybe next time.

:/

I just took a quick look for it over the ten previous pages of this thread and didn't find it.
As this thread is probably closing soon, just catch me with it elsewhere in ATS, or email me: [email protected] and I'll try to help.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Is White the new Black?

And does Xeper read upside down spells Jedi?

(post by shiropa removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

shiropa
Is White the new Black?

Not sure to what you're referring here, but it does bring one amusing thing to mind: Propaganda has traditionally been classified as white, grey, or black. Most people think this means truth, partial truth, and lies. Actually the color designations refer to the source: white identifies its source correctly; grey does not give a source; black attributes itself to a false source. Any of these may contain truth or lies per se.

This white/grey/black symbolism has always been reflected in the heraldry of US PSYOP, and of Special Operations generally - as you can see in the official PSYOP insignia:

So a couple of years ago the Joint Chiefs decided that this color-coding wouldn't be used any longer, presumably because "black propaganda" sounds spooky and scary. So the famous three colors have been relegated to the politically-incorrect memory hole.

That's not the end of the story. At about the same time, the term "Psychological Operations" came under fire. It also sounded too scary. So it was also thrown down the memory hole [although the branch still uses it]. The new, sanitized term is "Military Information Support Operations", or MISO.

Well barf.

However, to be a good sport about all this, I did up a new insignia reflecting this modern image, and sent it up to the Army's Institute of Heraldry with my compliments:

The updated/coordinasted motto motto comes from a famous scene in Full Metal Jacket:

So far I haven't heard that my artwork has been officially accepted. Shucks.

And does Xeper read upside down spells Jedi?

Well no, I gues "jadax", but I don't think we have any upside-down Setians to work with it.

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join