It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is Michael Aquino, and I think it's kind of fun to do the impossible; Ask Me Anything.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Erongaricuaro
Is there a recommended form or description to use that states my affinity to the Temple but denotes my inactivity? Inactive member, former member, unaffiliated Setian perhaps? Or, not knowing if I am still of worthwhile character and still rolling my dung ball along, would it be preferable if I just did not mention the Temple of Set at all? What might appropriately be my un/official standing these days?

Really whatever you are most comfortable with. From its founding in 1975 we designed the Temple of Set to be a "toolbox for individual initiation", not something which someone is expected to join in the "organization" sense. Setians are welcome to come and go from active involvement, or formal affiliation, as their interests and desires change. We never solicit members or chase after former ones. Our ideal is an experience that everyone who encounters it likes and feels the better for, that's all.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by maquino

You've got it, but usually you don't bother to use it. Most people drift through the day like bumper-cars at a funhouse, in what Plato called the Eikasia level of consciousness, which basically means allowing your subconcious pattern-thinking [discussed in MindWar] to carry you along. You use some elementary FW at the next level up, Pistis, but it isn't until you hit the third level, Dianoia that you really get it in gear.

I naturally do not operate at the Eikasia level of consciousness (although I have been there). This is like the level of consciousness where you are following pre-made functions, they may have been made by free will at some point.

My theory is that most people use free will to modify these functions on rare occasions, and are predictable as such.

I think that a lot of Patriarchies are against free will, and they accomplish shutting it down by the use of resource shorting - when implemented across an entire culture, it creates the illusion of cause-and-effect when there is none, and people feel physical pain when they are hit with social stigma, so this really does make someone think that doing a certain thing, like drinking a reasonable amount of alcohol, is unhealthy, when it is a societal construct by its very nature.

My natural consciousness state is one of free will to the extent where I am in the moment and aware of my surroundings entirely. Which level is that? Right now, I am typing what I want to type, not what I know how to type. I can actually have free will to the extent that it does hurt me a bit because I become less organized, unless I become spatially organized instead.

I find it hard to socialize with other people, any idea about a community to join or how to deal with this kind of awareness in a social setting? There is a lot of pressure in our society to conform into the lower states of awareness. I would develop social codes of conduct myself but I think it's better to use what other people have already written, at this point, than re-inventing the wheel.

I also find that my reliability and motivation is rather low - the only way I have found to deal with this is through writing what I want to do down, but this can result in compartmentalization to an unsatisfactory degree.

I can fall back into the normal state, but what I'd like is to be able to figure out how to socialize with someone else at my level, in person - it is harder for me than you would think -

-Thanks
-Darkbake
edit on 16-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

warren408
What about the philadeplphia experiment?

Another very tasty mystery bone to gnaw. Here's the U.S. Navy's official comment on it, and here's the best page I've found saying not so fast, bub.

The History Channel, I think it was, aired a documentary "exposé" of the PE which certainly seemed to discredit the originator of the story, and I think it also included former crewmen from the U.S.S. Eldridge who poo-pooed the legend of anything odd happening to the ship [as in the 1984 sci-fi movie]. Well and good, but there seem to be a great many accounts, both website and YouTube, still disputing this. I'd say the jury's still out.

We do know that there were attempts to both visually camouflage ships and attempt to defeat radar, sonar, and other detection systems. The generation of large EM fields would seem to be a natural experiment in this direction, and we also know that extremely strong electromagnetic fields can harm humans. So the playing pieces are all there, whether we can assemble them into one or more experiments or incidents.

We also know that the government has not been exactly anxious to reveal or discuss experiments that turned out to have bad consequences, such as the "atomic soldiers" tests conducted while very little was known about the immediate and delayed effects of A-bomb radiation.

I'd say "Stay tuned."

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by maquino

Fair enough then. I still reach into the ol' "toolbox" as handy for projects and hobby. It is/was a useful step in a greater initiation I would say to still be undergoing - that's life! "Inactive member" sounds casual enough if asked about my relationship with the ToS.

I appreciate your participation in our AMA. Thanks Doc.

edit on 16-10-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Thank you Mr. Aquino for visiting ATS, this thread is just pure illumination for many parts!

Have you met/did you personally know Israel Regardie and who as an occult author has affected you (and the ToS) the most?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Bedlam
were you involved in Jedi or Optimal Path?

No, neither of those. John Alexander was involved with Jedi, not sure about OP. In the 1980s I was intensely involved in political/military affairs (my 48G PSSI), primarily with regard to West Europe, so the Army wasn't tapping me for "odd" experiments like these. Also, frankly, I scared people, because I was presumably involved in "the Blackest of the Black Arts", not fluffybunny occultism like Jedi or the First Earth Battalion. Nobody wanted to knock on my door. Every once in awhile some general would ask me questions, and I would have to calm him down. Too bad in one sense: I was pretty familiar with "occult BS" and could have saved the taxpayers a lot of money by puncturing it. Oh, well!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Riffrafter

But in the aftermath of the 1969 Apollo-13 Moon-landing

Is that a typo? If so, which part - the year, the mission number or the mission summary?

Right, Apollo 11. I guess I got nervous seeing that black sedan parked out front.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

loveXlight
You never answered mine, Dr. Aquino! I'd like to join the Temple of Set, the OTO, and/or the Rosicrucians.
Any suggestions, or necessary qualifications? Things that would bar membership?

Sorry. Where the Temple of Set is concerned, just go to its website and download the "General Information Letter", which discusses application procedures and criteria. Don't have details about the O.T.O. or AMORC, but they both have websites, presumably with application information too.

The Temple of Set doesn't have any objection to Setians also being members of AMORC or the O.T.O., and supposedly AMORC has an all-encompassing non-religious-discimination admissions policy. Except for me.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Tryptych
Have you met/did you personally know Israel Regardie and who as an occult author has affected you (and the ToS) the most?

Yes, I knew Francis aka Israel Regardie very well and often visited with him at his home in North Hollywood. He was a very gracious and intelligent gentleman.

I don't think I can nail down any one occult author [I think of the impressive ones as philosophers], because I've known so many and learned something from all of them. Some like Anton LaVey were much more profound than their public image. Some like Raghavan Iyer were difficult to really understand without active effort on your part. My own parents, Michael Sr. and Betty Ford Aquino, taught me more than I can ever repay, and am still continuing to realize long after they joined their ancestors.

I'd add that "occult" learning at its best is not something separate from "ordinary" learning. It's an additional light illuminating the whole picture that much better. Some of my best "occult" teachers, accordingly, would be quite surprised to hear anything they said or wrote described as "occult". My one-time boss at the Armor School at Fort Knox, Brigadier General George Patton (son of "Old Blood & Guts") would probably have kicked me out of his office if I had thus complimented him.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Well, I think "we're there". I've very much enjoyed these two days of "AMA", and I'm very happy to have seen the many comments that everyone else seems to have as well. I would also like to extend appreciation to Mr. Mark Allin and the other Moderators and Management of Above Top Secret for inviting me to this program. ATS is a delightful site and an always-interesting cutting-edge information resource. May you all enjoy your personal adventure!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Thank you for your participation, Dr. Aquino. This will all take a few days to more fully sink-in. You gave us a lot to chew on. Excellent thread. Very much appreciated!!

edit on 16-10-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I have finished reading, "Black Magic" after digesting "The Church of Satan". It's interesting how CoS became ToS at least that is what I am gathering from BM. You certainly have a vast interest in philosophy drumming up references to Aristotle, Plato and Descartes. They are both excellently written and very educational with a lot of academic references.

There were quite a few qualities in BM that I found interesting. The historical information related to Set. The skepticism of the validity of Satan, God et al. Introductions into different epistemology regarding reality and truth, the OU and SU concepts. The use of LBM and GBM as well as the ritual chamber. The ideas of neutrality in the ToS principles.

Many of these ideas, I certainly have thought about. Reality for what I can grasp of it, in the limited time that I can perceive it; a very profound and genuine phenomena. Now up front and honest, I have no religious beliefs, follow no set-rules of someone else. I'm kind of a one-man wolf pack just going at it all trying to figure it out with a sense of humor and interest in the deeper meaning of existence. But that island that I am on is undoubtedly different as most of us are unique and I've learned to respect individuality as a rich gift and reward of being human.

I do admit I have nearly zero interest in any type of entity worship nor interest in calling on any other unknown or known powers in the cosmos. Gods, devils, angels, aliens, ghosts, the stay-puff marshmallow man... meh. Unless it's real, in my face and something that can engage in a reasonably interesting conversation, there is not much need to echo out to outside forces in my life, but then I don't see a need so hence no effort placed.

What I did find interesting however, was the idea of the ritual chamber for the purpose of sensory deprivation and the use of flat black to create a sense of floating in space. This reminded me experiences that I have had with being conscious during sleep; when the sensory noise is shut-off and the pitch-black ebb of the void has enveloped me. It is from this void; which many who willingly enter sleep while awake will find surfaces over and over again.

The void is my GBM chamber in all purity as no one else can enter, and I can conjure anything that I desire or imagine. It is magical place, a real place. A construct like in the Matrix but black, not white as demonstrated when Morpheus spoke with Neo.

It is also from here where I have pushed the envelope of dreams and reality to such an extent that I've changed UO in many different ways through this chamber. Although I don't consider it magic; rather an effect of changing data before it renders in real-time it certainly produced magical results.

I'll share one example as I have documented it with pictures and this took place back in 1998. What happened to this person and why he has in the middle of his forehead a triangle shape is because I put it there weeks before, in a dream that I changed willfully and knowingly.

Now, don't get me wrong I didn't really want to put a psychic tatoo on this person. He is a friend of mine and just happened to be in the right dream at the right time when I was experimenting with precognitive dreaming and the potential to change them.

In the dream, it was simply a window of opportunity, I recognized my work environment was lucid and aware that I was dreaming and was already leaving geometrical footprints on the surfaces of dreams as to isolate and identify the precognitive layer. Well, in that journey he and I met, I put the triangle there and weeks later the dream came true.

In the waking world, well... he had no idea what I was doing and simply saw the after effect. It was quite an event for him. One of many for me. Thought I would share as it's different than what you write about but it's own type of magic I suppose.

Here's a more detailed thread with more images on ATS: www.abovetopsecret.com...

For moral and ethical reasons after I affected him this way I never again targeted any living system in dreams during this experimentation and when satisfied with the results I no longer needed to bend the fabric of space/time just to see this covert relationship between dreams and reality. I opened that window up fully and had a good look when the opportunity presented itself.

Thanks again for sharing all of your works. I enjoyed reading your books and will certainly look at some more of your writings.

edit on 16-10-2013 by YouAreDreaming because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Ah.. Colonel Aquino. I remember his name well. I was serving at the Presidio at the same time as he. My wife at the time worked for him at JAG. When the child molestation cases were a hot topic, I served with some fellow soldiers basically hiding in bushes every night with black-dyed BDUs and night-vision goggles, trying to catch the arsonist who had already set fire to two of the child center buildings - which I imagine was done in an effort to destroy evidence. A good civilian friend of mine on base was one whose child admitted to being abused. Some of the children told stories about being taken off base, where they were involved among other things, being covered in feces, urine, forced to eat feces, and covered in blood. Stuff like that. Stuff that makes your skin crawl in disbelief.

I'm curious if the good Colonel would be open to discussing anything that occurred at that time, or if that sort of thing is even open to debate. For my part, I don't think Satanism for many, is nearly the benign belief system that some make it out to be. I felt at the time, and it hasn't changed over the years, that the abuse the children were subjected to were directly related to something far more than sexual perversion. There was something else going on. But I have a feeling such dreadful topics are a taboo subject in this thread.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

maquino

karl 12

NORAD inform him 'in good faith' that they do not collect and collate CIRVIS UFO reports from miltary and civilian pilots

That's correct.

Hi Mr Aquino, according to already released authenticated documents via the AOIA apparently it's not.

Appreciate the reply though.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Do Satanists view it morally wrong to lie?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
No reply for me ... Oh well! Surely someone is going to pick up on what I am trying to say at some point.

I think humanists and sleep paralysis are taboo subjects. No one wants to talk about it!
The rest can all be deemed as an over active imagination, reading too many comic books as a kid as well as a plethora of historical data that has got misconstrued over the years.

What do I know? I am just a woman!!

hx

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

happinness
No reply for me ... Oh well! Surely someone is going to pick up on what I am trying to say at some point.

I think humanists and sleep paralysis are taboo subjects. No one wants to talk about it!
The rest can all be deemed as an over active imagination, reading too many comic books as a kid as well as a plethora of historical data that has got misconstrued over the years.

What do I know? I am just a woman!!

hx

Not to woory, I didn't get a reply either.
48 hrs is very short duration and so many ques
, so he can only do so much

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by maquino

Dr Auqino,

have you ever come across any files pertaining to the Nazi party / hitler and his research into the occult and the thule society as a basis for the US military to start their own investigations into occult esoteric practices

and was this the primary reason why the US and the USSR then decided to research the occult
leading onto things as remote viewing / ingo swann et al.

When I mean files , I mean files taken from nazi germany at the end of world war II as part of project paperclip

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by happinness

my girlfriend suffers sleep paralysis and is often visited by what she decribes as either two things , michael the arch angel who is blue and has long blonde hair and is quite a large being

and a dark creature which she believes is an incubus

she is non religious but she thinks thats what visits her and often these visits are sexual in nature.

quite creepy

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Strange thing is I was somehow led to Cathy O'Brien on Youtube and for the first time I watched a whole documentary about MK ultra. I had heard of Cathy O'Brien, but I can't say I knew anything significant about her that made any sense to me. Anyway guess whose name was mentioned more than once? Dr Michael Aquino. The film is of Michael Phillips and Cathy O'Brien and was made in march of this year. I could not believe that that were referring to the same man, alien, distinguished Colonel ... who knows? It kind of hit a nerve and seemed to back up what I have said about de humanising people! No spirit, no soul, no belief system.. were #ed basically! yet we can pray to Satan!!

Nah something seriously wrong somewhere... I suggest everyone start their homework. Smacks of 'v' in my opinion!!

hx

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join