It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mellen-Thomas Benedict's NDE Provided Answers, Because He ASKED

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Yes, I am aware that this man's NDE has been discussed and presented on ATS before - but it's been a couple of years now, and I feel it would be of interest to many members to revisit.

My last thread asked members to examine their willingness-level to explore alternative ideas outside of their chosen "faith" or "Religion" or "belief system." What is so scary about thinking, or discovering, your Religion is false?

Now, as a result of some further browsing on the web, I would like to present a 90-minute NDE that explains that NO ONE RELIGION has it right...and furthermore, it doesn't really matter what your religion is - according to Mr. Benedict.

If you've already heard of him and have thoughts about his experience and its veracity, I'd like to hear about your responses.

If you haven't I urge you to spend 15 minutes reading his NDE here. The link is on the site near-death.com, and is subcategorized under "reincarnation".

Lately there have been some discussions back and forth about whether or not we each are connected and part of the Divine (we are); whether or not we reincarnate (we do), and just our typical everyday disputes over which religion has it "right" or "mostly right".

Now we have access to someone who says he knows. And it's good news!!
The man died of an untreated brain tumor. He was "stone cold dead" for AT LEAST 90 minutes, but possibly longer, because it wasn't until after his body was found by his hospice care-giver that the "timing" began. Rigor was setting in, his hospice caregiver had honored his request to leave his dead body unmolested for a few hours. (She caved in at 90 minutes after finding him, but it was long enough for him to explore the answer to " Life, The Universe, and Everything. And the answer is NOT "42."
)

The Light of God

There was this light shining. I turned toward the light. The light was very similar to what many other people have described in their near-death experiences. It was so magnificent. It is tangible; you can feel it. It is alluring; you want to go to it like you would want to go to your ideal mother's or father's arms.

As I began to move toward the light, I knew intuitively that if I went to the light, I would be dead.

So as I was moving toward the light I said, "Please wait a minute, just hold on a second here. I want to think about this; I would like to talk to you before I go."

To my surprise, the entire experience halted at that point. You are indeed in control of your near-death experience. You are not on a roller coaster ride. So my request was honored and I had some conversations with the light. The light kept changing into different figures, like Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, mandalas, archetypal images and signs.

I asked the light, "What is going on here? Please, light, clarify yourself for me. I really want to know the reality of the situation."

The information transferred to me was that your beliefs shape the kind of feedback you are getting before the light. If you were a Buddhist or Catholic or Fundamentalist, you get a feedback loop of your own stuff. You have a chance to look at it and examine it, but most people do not.

As the light revealed itself to me, I became aware that what I was really seeing was our Higher Self matrix. The only thing I can tell you is that it turned into a matrix, a mandala of human souls, and what I saw was that what we call our Higher Self in each of us is a matrix. It's also a conduit to the Source; each one of us comes directly, as a direct experience from the Source. We all have a Higher Self, or an oversoul part of our being. It revealed itself to me in its truest energy form. The only way I can really describe it is that the being of the Higher Self is more like a conduit. It did not look like that, but it is a direct connection to the Source that each and every one of us has. We are directly connected to the Source.

So, yes, we all have a spark of the Divine. Actually, we ARE the Divine. When this man visited Life, the Universe, and Everything, he learned that WE ARE GOD experiencing itself. God is not "out there", or "above us"...God IS US, God is the entire cosmos, and being human is a very precious gift - it is God's consciousness, or self-awareness.

I went into the void, I came back with this understanding that God is not there. God is here. That's what it is all about. So this constant search of the human race to go out and find God ... God gave everything to us, everything is here - this is where it's at. And what we are into now is God's exploration of God through us. People are so busy trying to become God that they ought to realize that we are already God and God is becoming us. That's what it is really about.

About reincarnation:

I was given lessons on the mechanics of reincarnation. I was given answers to all those little questions I had:

"How does this work? How does that work?" I knew that I would be reincarnated.

The Earth is a great processor of energy, and individual consciousness evolves out of that into each one of us. I thought of myself as a human for the first time, and I was happy to be that. From what I have seen, I would be happy to be an atom in this universe. An atom.

So to be the human part of God ... this is the most fantastic blessing. It is a blessing beyond our wildest estimation of what blessing can be. For each and every one of us to be the human part of this experience is awesome, and magnificent. Each and every one of us, no matter where we are, screwed up or not, is a blessing to the planet, right where we are.

About heaven: There are multiple "heavens" - every one that has ever been imagined exists. The one you 'picture' is the one you'll find...
About hell:

I had a descent into what you might call hell, and it was very surprising. I did not see Satan or evil. My descent into hell was a descent into each person's customized human misery, ignorance, and darkness of not-knowing. It seemed like a miserable eternity. But each of the millions of souls around me had a little star of light always available. But no one seemed to pay attention to it. They were so consumed with their own grief, trauma and misery. But, after what seemed an eternity, I started calling out to that light, like a child calling to a parent for help. Then the light opened up and formed a tunnel that came right to me an insulated me from all that fear and pain. That is what hell really is.

I'll stop there and hope that you all will find his NDE as fascinating and "helpful" as I have this morning. I just stumbled across it in a generic search for NDE stories...and no, I have not found anywhere or anyone (yet) who has claimed "Hoax" on Mr Benedict.

Enjoy, and if you're up for it...let's DISCUSS!

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I've read his story previously. It's really interesting. Perhaps you could suggest to the management here that they get him for a 'ask me anything' session. I'd like to ask him about shared-karma because with his talk of nations having 'shared personalities' I"m wondering if shared-karma goes along with it. That kind of thing.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah, I'd like to ask him what he thinks/knows about the Global Consciousness Project and how it works.

Was there any part of his story that stuck out besides that "country soul-mates" part?

I found it the whole thing very reassuring.

While on the Other Side, Benedict journeyed through various afterlife realms and was given access to Universal Intelligence by which he was allowed to absorb a tremendous amount of spiritual and scientific knowledge including the nature of reincarnation.

Benedict's enthusiastic curiosity during his NDE took him far into the remote depths of existence - and even beyond - into the energetic void of nothingness behind the Big Bang. He was shown in holographic detail the evolution of both Mother Earth ("Gaia") and humanity and experienced the cosmology of our soul's connection with Gaia. He was given knowledge about humanity's role in the Universe including a beautiful vision of humanity''s future for the next 400 years. Deepak Chopra, in his book "Life after Death: The Burden of Proof," recounts Benedict's journey at length and says, "Mellen is an encyclopedia of the afterlife." In the view of the webmaster of this site, on this web page you will read the most inspirational NDE ever documented.

Again, (cause above it's sort of not prominent, and I don't want readers to miss it) here's the link:

Mellen-Thomas Benedict's Near-Death Experience
edit on 10/14/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I try not to worry too much about religion or the afterlife any more.
It can really interfere with experiencing the life that I have right at the moment.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

A most excellent contribution to the spiritual forums, Wild. I applaud you. Hopefully, we'll have some meaningful discussion about this matter. It really deserves it.

By the way, are you familiar with the Law of One? The Ra Material? A lot of that testimony reflects the concepts discussed in the series.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

wildtimes
Was there any part of his story that stuck out besides that "country soul-mates" part?

To me that's really huge. It speaks to the 'shared karma' and 'shared sin debt' thought.
Collective Karma ... that would explain a lot about why good people suffer.
But it seems ineffective to me ... because the folks doing bad don't learn from their evil.
If person "A" murders ... but person "B' pays for it in suffering ... then person "A" doesn't
suffer from his actions and doesn't learn.

So I'd want to know about collective karma or shared sin debt.

Both Buddha and Jesus pretty much said to let the sins of others fall on them for 'payment'.
And if two great masters ... (or 'gods' ... or God Himself ... depending on your belief),
said that, then there is probably something to it. (unfortunately).

This is what is on my mind at this time, so that's what most caught my eye with his story.

REALLY ... see if the management can get him here for an 'ask me anything'.
It would be interesting.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

S&F Wild. An interesting read.

Some of what he says could account for the variation in individual NDE experiences...

The information transferred to me was that your beliefs shape the kind of feedback you are getting before the light. If you were a Buddhist or Catholic or Fundamentalist, you get a feedback loop of your own stuff. You have a chance to look at it and examine it, but most people do not.

My question would be twofold concerning that. Not that I expect you, or anyone else to answer them.

Why is the process not more straightforward, instead of the "feedback loop"?
What is the purpose of looking at, and examining those beliefs at that point, if we understand that's all they were? Unless it is in the examining we learn at that moment. Obviously we don't immediately become omniscient, according to Mr. Benedict.

Either way, what he says here confirms some of my own suspicions. I will indeed read the rest of his account.

Here's an interview he did with George Noory in 2007...

Interview took place on Sunday July 8th, 2007 Mellen-Thomas Benedict shared details of his incredible Near Death Experience (NDE) that took place in 1982, while he was in hospice care for a terminal illness.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I've seen this story. What he experienced in his NDE is what my mother taught me as the foundation of personal spiritual beliefs. From a babe, a young child. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. His an entire story. I love it. I should transcribe it to my BOS, just to be sure to have it told in my own family as a tradition. His story, personal experience, that is. You know, we humans lament, and beg for validations - proof...of the divine daily.

So the source goes, okay here you go, modern Lazarus rising.... Yet people still refuse to read the writing on the wall!

S&F. very enjoyable, positive read.

CdT

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I sure hope its true. My problem is there are people with NDE'S that will not align with his. Now who is correct?.. this man or the man that spent 23 minutes in hell?.. he lays claim to his experience, in so much he goes around the world trying to win souls for Jesus as to avoid hellfire. I love this guys one though, it is much more of a happy ending for us all, then the ones I have read that lay hold to the claim that there is a torture chamber for unsaved souls.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Why is the process not more straightforward, instead of the "feedback loop"?

I think, maybe, the "life review" part we hear so much about? One's religious thoughts would seem appropriate for a "life review" on the crossing.

What is the purpose of looking at, and examining those beliefs at that point, if we understand that's all they were? Unless it is in the examining we learn at that moment.

I think it would be part of the "reincarnation" agenda. You're supposed to learn from each lifetime --

I thought it was really interesting that "most people don't", though. It made me wonder if, because this guy DID ask questions, and didn't just "not review it" (he had gone to his death with no faith), was that the reason he was able to learn so much....and even REMEMBER the answers?

That, for me, was very profound.

Get back to us after you've read the whole account, Klass! Would really value your input further.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

You have a chance to look at it and examine it, but most people do not.

Kind of resonates with the previous thread now on-going...
"what if you found out your beliefs are unfounded?"

Maybe one has to TAKE THE CHANCE while they have it, to grow another level of true understanding??

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gadfire

Now who is correct?.. this man or the man that spent 23 minutes in hell?..

I got the impression it is entirely dependent on your "worldview", what you wind up seeing. But he makes it very clear that you HAVE A CHANCE to examine your beliefs. Perhaps every experience is different, because we are all UNIQUE:
We do NOT have identical world-views. I think this is part of the NDE message:

be who you are. YOU are a fractal of GOD. FIND OUT who you are....and get back to yourself.

Mr Benedict saw several different versions of 'heaven'.....including the "Christian" heaven (REMEMBER, HE DIED WITHOUT A 'FAITH'):

One of my questions to the light was, "What is heaven?"

I was given a tour of all the heavens that have been created: the Nirvanas, the Happy Hunting Grounds, all of them. I went through them. These are thought form creations that we have created. We don't really go to heaven; we are reprocessed. But whatever we created, we leave a part of ourselves there. It is real, but it is not all of the soul.

I saw the Christian heaven. We expect it to be a beautiful place, and you stand in front of the throne, worshipping forever. I tried it. It is boring! This is all we are going to do? It is childlike. I do not mean to offend anyone. Some heavens are very interesting, and some are very boring. I found the ancient ones to be more interesting, like the Native American ones, the Happy Hunting Grounds. The Egyptians have fantastic ones. It goes on and on.

There are so many of them. In each of them there is a fractal that is your particular interpretation, unless you are part of the group soul that believes in only the God of a particular religion. Then you are very close, in the same ball park together. But even then, each is a little bit different. That is a part of yourself that you leave there. Death is about life, not about heaven.

I think this is very significant (and, I think, exciting) stuff.

Yes, I'm definitely behaving in a "confirmation of bias" mode right now...but, bear with me.

It says above that IN EACH HEAVEN (of all the many, many, many - apparently as many as a person might be 'aware' of at the end of life??) THERE IS A FRACTAL THAT IS YOUR PARTICULAR INTERPRETATION.

So. To me, it seems that I might view the heaven of EVERY religion I have heard of -- and in it I will recognize "my contribution" (meaning - 'my interpretation') to the collective whole. To be able to do that....to visit every religion's 'heaven' would be, well....heavenly!!

To get to see what we 'dreamers' have already concocted would be amazing.

It continues that if you are part of a group soul that is committed to a particular version of "heaven" (the ones they all think about and envision), then that's the one you'll be most 'connected to' (does that mean with many "fractal bits" in one version, and only a tiny bit in others?

Yeah, I'd like to get this guy on AMA.....

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

An AMA...yes. I would like that. His description is very confusing, and very intriguing. You know why it is intriguing? Because it is original. Unique. And that is a very engaging quality for any philosophy to have. Particularly if it makes sense and is original.
edit on 14-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It is very interesting, and it is exclusive, and perhaps that is the way it is, the NDE Is what you think it will be, if the person believes that he has suddenly been transported to hell then perhaps thats what they will get for example. It has always intrigued me although that most NDE Experiences are pleasant ones, a few may find hell but the vast majority do not, I dont see how christians that believe in the firey torment hell can reconcile this fact.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Sig - 'Whatever you believe, is true'...

My sig came from a not-famous book from the mid 70's...i had to read the book over 10 times to fully understand this one chapter heading...it explains a lot, it encompasses all experiences, religions, NDE's, psychological states, positive thinking, love, the secret...etc...

Truth, is you, and everything around you...understand the mechanics, and things take on a very different complexion.

Very good OP

A99

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Perception perhaps is the key, the view of the same object at different angles, everyone getting a different view of the same thing. Can we say though, that it isn't what you believe but what the truth is?..or is the truth subjective and changable?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

gadfire
Perception perhaps is the key, the view of the same object at different angles, everyone getting a different view of the same thing. Can we say though, that it isn't what you believe but what the truth is?..or is the truth subjective and changable?

Belief is woven into the machinery, and is a form of perception...horse & cart-wise...our immediate physical bodies are substandard recording devices that percieve imperfectly...the job of interpolation is left to that other piece of bio-machinery, the brain...that to all intents and purposes recieves fauly perception from the senses, and bespoke interpolation from the brain, and sends it to 'the driver' of the vehicle, who (more often than not) denies thier involvement in the loop...

Å99

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Everything I've read so far has roots in a religious belief system.His description of the "Christian heaven" is something someone learns in Sunday school.Standing before a throne and worshiping is from Revelation 14 and is metaphorical.God does not have a throne nor will anyone "worship" like they do here in the physical realm(Thank God!!).That was very strong evidence it was a false experience.

His is just one of the many "very colored self experiences" someone had that doesn't prove tangible to anyone else.The NDE experience is real(the emphasis on "near") however what is experienced isn't.They were not in the realm of the dead nor the realm of the living just in a very shallow state of death sleep.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

His description of the "Christian heaven" is something someone learns in Sunday school.Standing before a throne and worshiping is from Revelation 14 and is metaphorical.

Correct.

He went into his 'imminent death' mode and decided to learn all he could about ALL religions. And had time to do so.
So, he was aware of what that particular heaven looked like, and visited it.

Makes sense to me. I find you hasty in dismissing the entire NDE as silly. Read the entire thing, and then please respond again....

/shrug
edit on 10/14/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Interesting, thank you for pointing me to this thread, wildtimes. For a while I have felt that all religions (or lack of them) were part of something bigger than them all and not mutually exclusive. But obviously they get distorted and perverted by people that push them and control them, as is the nature of man -- the Bible for example can't possibly be what it's claimed to be IMO, too many human hands have touched it. I sometimes joke that I'm going to write my own holy book with claims of divine inspiration and it's going to be huge in a couple hundred years. Well it's a joke for people who think like me, or a way to prove a point to the militant religious types. It's all a matter of perspective.

I think it's interesting that Benedict mentioned lucid dreaming because I was just thinking as I read your excerpts that NDEs in general often sound like lucid dreams -- you get what you want or expect. People that think they're going to heaven tend to get confirmation of that, people who think (or maybe fear) they're going to hell get to taste the fires. I have read accounts of other NDEs that had a similar theme. A lot of these accounts seem like something taken straight from the imagination and not to be taken literally, but I think it still teaches us. My personal belief right now is that the afterlife is what you want it to be (earthbound spirit, enlightened bliss, your personal "heaven", etc) or alternatively what you firmly believe it must be. I'm not sure how I feel about reincarnation, but it's not out of the question. I wonder if it's voluntary? Maybe when I die I have the choice to do whatever I want including be reborn into another physical (human?) lifeform. Only one way to find out though, and I'm not in any big hurry.
edit on 15-10-2013 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join