It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things NOT to say to people with Cancer...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Jadette
After all these years, and all the loved ones that I know that have fought Cancer, I still don't know what to say.

My grandmother. My ex BF. And currently, two of my close friends and now my mother. I feel so completely helpless, and so completely incompetent. I try to just make sure that they know how much I love them, and listen as much as I can. Give them validation, support. Put my needs aside for them. And its hard, because, losing my mother is the worst thing I have ever gone through, and I hurt so much, I 'want my mommy'. And for once, it's my turn to be there for her, not the other way around.

And I will say this, I don't know either of you, but in my heart, I care for you just as much as I do those in my life that are struggling with this. I have limitless empathy even if I don't have all the right words. And I'm so sorry that you have to go through this.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss and your Mom now being sick. There are no magick words to say. You are there for her with your love and support and she knows that. Sometimes just being there and not even saying a word is enough.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join