It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Consciousness Project 24 hr graph red last 12 hours (what do you think? )

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

My pc is java impaired and I am not able to see all of the displayed data on the site. But there are links to all of the data they have ever collected it seems.
I will try and get my java running and see what I can find.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

Yellow a moment ago and green now.

Dropping like a stone...I actually watched both the dot changing and the graph heading downward over a very short time.

Wonder if that rate of change is usual too.

Interesting to say the least...

Any thoughts anyone? Especially interested in hearing from those that have been following this for a while.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Hello again Riffrafter.

I watched it change too, got the youngest ready for bed and then came to post, but you beat me to it. I guess I'm just gonna keep an eye on this for awhile now that I have "favorited" the site. Very interesting, very interesting indeed!

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Wow well that was certainly strange. The only way I can rationalize it is by assuming it must have been a glitch in the system. For the dot to remain maxed out in the red zone for over 24 hours seems extremely improbable. Have we had anything major happen in the last 24 hours?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I remember reading about this system a few years ago. I got pretty excited when I saw the headline on this thread. So, I spent a few minutes trying to figure out why this reading pegged the meter.

It seems that at about 21:00 UT on October 13th, 2013 an RNG came online in Alaska. The DevV reading on the archived movie pegged at maximum positive. That would indicate the Alaskan RNG output was in error. Because the analysis routine didn't kick out the bad data, the output of the analyzer was in error. Thus the continuous red dot display.

Then 24 hours later the readings returned to normal. I'd guess this occurred as the result of an automated daily system reboot of that RNG.

It was a little disconcerting given what we are being led to believe about current world events. I'm somewhat relieved it was a false alarm. And I'm pleased that a few participants on this site are keeping a watch on it.

Dex

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DexterRiley

Thanks for the information. You got any sources?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Here are the sources. I should have added them to my other post:
Global Consciousness Project homepage.
Daily Movies. Right now that page is displaying the data for Oct 14, 2013. But you can access the archives from here.

October 13th, 2013 movie
October 14th, 2013 movie

Thanks,

Dex

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DexterRiley

yeah. it's probably just an error.

I'm making just a little graph update, just clean some thoughts:

At this time 11:40 UT 15-10-2013

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

DexterRiley

I remember reading about this system a few years ago. I got pretty excited when I saw the headline on this thread. So, I spent a few minutes trying to figure out why this reading pegged the meter.

It seems that at about 21:00 UT on October 13th, 2013 an RNG came online in Alaska. The DevV reading on the archived movie pegged at maximum positive. That would indicate the Alaskan RNG output was in error. Because the analysis routine didn't kick out the bad data, the output of the analyzer was in error. Thus the continuous red dot display.

Then 24 hours later the readings returned to normal. I'd guess this occurred as the result of an automated daily system reboot of that RNG.

It was a little disconcerting given what we are being led to believe about current world events. I'm somewhat relieved it was a false alarm. And I'm pleased that a few participants on this site are keeping a watch on it.

Dex

Thanks for the info - but I'm having a hard time processing it.

So you're saying that a new RNG was put online in Alaska yesterday and because of a malfunction in that single unit, the entire project pegged in the red for 24 + hours?!?

That is either the most poorly designed system I've ever heard of or I'm calling bullsh*t on the explanation.

Even if the system's "fail-safe" failed I have to believe that there are at least a few people directly associated with GCP that are also monitoring things. As a matter of course in a case like this, a new RNG going online would be the FIRST thing I'd check.

Also, I find it hard to believe that readings in only one unit would skew the results for the entire project. I mean isn't that the whole point - sampling readings from 70 or so inputs to give a "global" reading? Something does not make sense.

Please note I am not saying this has anything to do with you personally. I am not a fan of shooting the messenger and I appreciate you passing along the information.

It's a shame. I was really interested when I first heard about this project via this thread. If the explanation you received was true and it is that easily "broken" it's probably worthless...

ETA - If there's something here that I'm misunderstanding, I would very much appreciate someone knowledgeable about this project filling in the blanks or pointing me/us in the right direction.
edit on 10/15/2013 by Riffrafter because: see ETA...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
""
The GCP's methodology is based on the hypothesis that events which elicit widespread emotion or draw the simultaneous attention of large numbers of people may affect the output of hardware random number generators in a statistically significant way
""

Can someone explain this to me? WHY should global consciousness affect the output of hardware random number generators? I tried to go through the explaining pages but I am still at a loss what the idea/hypothesis is behind this?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

please look into the videos I posted in the first page. you will find an explanation there.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Riffrafter

Even if the system's "fail-safe" failed I have to believe that there are at least a few people directly associated with GCP that are also monitoring things. As a matter of course in a case like this, a new RNG going online would be the FIRST thing I'd check.

Also, I find it hard to believe that readings in only one unit would skew the results for the entire project. I mean isn't that the whole point - sampling readings from 70 or so inputs to give a "global" reading? Something does not make sense.

you do have point there and I tend to agree w/ you

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

DexterRiley

I find this very hard to believe considering a reboot happens rather fast these days, and unless the program itself is extremely flawed it should settle out rather quickly.

If they have a specific error they should have posted it, because plenty of people in today's computer world are savy enough to smell BS, or understand the truth.

Here is something to consider if a reboot occurs then the systems is off for a short period, but after the reboot what is the settle out time of the program/software itself. And do reboots cause spikes, because you would think the program would start at 0 and work it's way up from there.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

Can someone explain this to me? WHY should global consciousness affect the output of hardware random number generators? I tried to go through the explaining pages but I am still at a loss what the idea/hypothesis is behind this?

You probably wont find a detailed scientific explanation because no one really fully understands how it works, assuming it really works at all. But I was thinking about this earlier and a very interesting thought crossed my mind. A few weeks ago I created a thread titled Determinism and Consciousness in which I argued that the only way for us to have true self awareness and "free will" is if our minds and the rules of reality are not deterministic; because if they are deterministic then it means everything we do is pre-destined and predictable given enough information. The inescapable conclusion seems to be that the randomness of nature some how allows us to be conscious. The randomness built into nature is quantum randomness, and that is why they have to use quantum random number generators. But the interesting thought which crossed my mind was this: if randomness can drive consciousness then perhaps the reverse is also true, in that consciousness can drive randomness via some sort of feedback loop. Mind boggling stuff imo.
edit on 15/10/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
When you combine the current thread, with this one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and these news:
www.reuters.com...

don't know if yesterday red line was an error or worst...

let's pray ..

edit on v20131310America/ChicagoTue, 15 Oct 2013 10:03:48 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

I have never heard of this project before your post. However, if I am interpreting it correctly it means that many, many people are of the same mind thought. With all the disasters going on in the world today, it would make sense to me that lots of people are concerned......from the typhoons and earthquakes and floods to the US govt. shut down.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
can somebody give me a brief explanation of this project?
Since English is not my first language, make it easily understandable please

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

aLLeKs
can somebody give me a brief explanation of this project?
Since English is not my first language, make it easily understandable please

Basically its a theory that we have a collective global consciousness. If things tick along as normal, the combined output of numerous random number generators situated all over the world, Push out an even number of ones or zeros over the given amount of time that things are normal. If however something like the boxing day tsunami , 9/11 or the death of princess Diana happens. The randomness stops and the numbers either produce to many "ones" or to many "zeroes" it deviates from chance, instead of 1 and then a 0 it produces say a hundred ones or a hundred zeroes at once. But it starts the deviation well before the event occurs. Its the only prediction tool that seems to be valid. My suggestion is that it could be the Cyclone at Fukishima. Or the agreement between the republicans and democrats to stop a default.
edit on 15-10-2013 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Look like it going back into the red Again from my home page
so what coming our way

www.escapenorth.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
A vast experiment in self-delusion.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join