It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Firing of Eight Top Military Officers ...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I brought this up in the thread that got sent to the hoax bin,

Obama Ousts Top Officers After Nuke Explodes In Ocean Instead Of Charleston [HOAX]

Since that thread is pretty much dead and a few shown interest in this I made a new thread for discussion because everyone loves a good conspiracy.

Major General Michael Carey-Air Force general in charge of nuclear missiles fired over 'conduct'

Commander, 20th Air Force, he was in charge of 9,600 people and 450 ICBMs at three operational wings and served in operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom. It lists 13 major awards he has received.

Vice Admiral Tim Giardina-Relieved of command by President Obama because of a "loss of confidence" in his abilities to carry out his post.

Deputy commander of United States Strategic Command. His most recent command assignment was as commander, Submarine Group Trident, Submarine Group Nine, and Submarine Group 10 where he was responsible for all 18 U.S. Trident Submarines. Giardina has been awarded the Navy Distinguished Service Medal, Legion of Merit (six awards), Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Meritorious Service Medal (two awards), Joint Service Commendation Medal (two awards), Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal (four awards), Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal (three awards), and various campaign and unit awards.

Major General C.M.M. Gurganus-Two generals asked to retire in wake of Bastion attack

Commanded Regional Command Southwest and I Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward) in Afghanistan. Awards include the Defense Superior Service Medal, Legion of Merit W/ Valor (2), Meritorious Service Medal (3), Joint Service Commendation Medal, Navy Commendation Medal, Navy Achievement Medal, Combat Action Ribbon.

Major General Gregg A. Sturdevant-Generals Charles Gurganus, Gregg Sturdevant Forced To Retire For Afghan Breach

Director of strategic planning and policy for U.S. Pacific Command and commander of the Aviation Wing At Camp Bastion, Afghanistan. Awards include the Defense Superior Service Medal (2), Legion of Merit, Bronze Star, Meritorious Service Medal (2), Air Medal with gold star, “V”, and Strike/Flight numeral 2, Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal (2), Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, Good Conduct Medal

Brigadier General Bryan Roberts-Fort Jackson’s Brig. Gen. Bryan Roberts relieved of duties

Roberts took command at Ft. Jackson in 2011 and was on the fast track towards his second star. He has served in Iraq as commanding officer of the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, and was deputy commanding general of the U.S.Army Recruiting Command at Fort Knox, Ky.

Major General Ralph Baker-Officials: General Fired Over Alcohol, Sex Charges

Commander of Joint Task Force – Horn at Camp Lemonnier in Djibouti, Africa

Rear Admiral Charles Gaouette-Admiral at Center of Inquiry Is Censured by Navy

Commander of Carrier Strike Group Three, April 5, 2012. He most recently served as Deputy Commander, U.S. Naval Forces, U.S. Central Command. In 2003, he was awarded the Vice Admiral James Bond Stockdale Award for inspirational leadership in recognition of the hard work by the crew of Oldendorf. He is the recipient of various personal decorations and unit awards.

The eighth, a forced retirement?

Gen. Carter Ham-General at center of Benghazi-gate controversy retiring

United States Army general, who served as the second Commander, U.S. Africa Command. In that position, he was in command of the initial 2011 military intervention in Libya.
Ham previously served as Commanding General, U.S. Army Europe and Seventh Army from August 28, 2008 to March 8, 2011. Prior to that, he served as Director for Operations (J-3) at the Joint Staff from August 2007 to August 2008 and the Commanding General, U.S. 1st Infantry Division from August 2006 to August 2007. He commanded Africa Command from March 8, 2011 - April 5, 2013.

All these gentleman are pretty distinguished Officers, all fired over a short period of time. Popular theories range from they were planning a coup all the way to they refused to comply with Marshal Law.

Of course the only facts we really know is what is presented here, all other theories are just speculation. Although, One source sited the firings as a first in U.S. history, I did not fact check that claim.

Is it just a coincidence? Or is there more to this? We certainly live in very interesting times.
edit on 14-10-2013 by Tazkven because: Added eighth

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The Obama administration is clearing house of any brass that won't accept dictates from the White House -whether it's orders to fire on American citizens, institute martial law or attack Syria. They're also not fond of Christians and people who have any sense of ethical behavior.
It's truly sad to see what has happened to our top military leadership over the last 12 years. After 9/11 people like Gen Ralph Eberhardt and Gen. Richard Myers who were responsible for the failure of the NORAD air defenses were promoted while others more deserving were passed over for promotion.
Now with Obama anyone who does not follow him blindly is being sacked as we saw in the fallout over Benghazi. Surely some of these men had to be considering a coup to restore America to her Republican founding ideals so it's not surprising Obama would have them removed. They were a danger to the globalist agenda.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I can say that during thirty years of working for the government, I wasn't afraid. I find myself less able to do that lately.

S&F for your research efforts!
edit on 14102013 by Snarl because: wordsmithing

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Tazkven
to they refused to comply with Marshal Law.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pretty tough looking dude....

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
The Obama administration is clearing house of any brass that won't accept dictates from the White House -whether it's orders to fire on American citizens, institute martial law or attack Syria. They're also not fond of Christians and people who have any sense of ethical behavior.

THAT'S JUST A FACT. Most folks unaware/ignorant of that fact are either uninformed, imperceptive, willfully blind, clueless, incredulous, ignorant, . . . and/or still pretending that these are NOT the Biblical END TIMES in which life is and will be changing top to bottom and inside out as never before in recorded history. Sigh.

It's truly sad to see what has happened to our top military leadership over the last 12 years.
After 9/11 people like Gen Ralph Eberhardt and Gen. Richard Myers who were responsible for the failure of the NORAD air defenses were promoted while others more deserving were passed over for promotion.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED. And VERY deliberately TREASONOUSLY SO.

Now with Obama anyone who does not follow him blindly is being sacked as we saw in the fallout over Benghazi. Surely some of these men had to be considering a coup to restore America to her Republican founding ideals so it's not surprising Obama would have them removed. They were [HOPEFULLY], a danger to the globalist agenda.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

And still we have folks on ATS who appear to literally worship the Narcissist-in-Chief; The Destroyer-in-Chief; The Pathological-Liar-In-Chief; The Teleprompter-in-Chief and somehow label all that horrific stuff as inconsequential. It boggles the mind.

What are they thinking? Or are they thinking? Or maybe they are merely functioning on WISHFUL THINKING and fantasies fueling their desperate need for warm fuzzy feelings?

REALITY has a way of catching up with folks who live overmuch in Fantasy Land.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

hellobruce

Tazkven
to they refused to comply with Marshal Law.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pretty tough looking dude....

With so many ESL [English as a Second Language] members hereon . . . and many folks educated by the oligarchy's warehouse "educational" system . . .

spelling awareness is probably approaching a new low.

Martial law seems to be a common thing folks are not up on.

That could change overnight . . . sadly.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

BO XIAN
REALITY has a way of catching up with folks who live overmuch in Fantasy Land.

And it has caught up with the birthers - in reality Obama is a natural born US citizen (as declared by the court) and was elected twice by the American voters

And some people hate that fact, so they make up all sorts of silly stories and conspiracies about Obama!

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

BO XIAN
And still we have folks on ATS who appear to literally worship the Narcissist-in-Chief; The Destroyer-in-Chief; The Pathological-Liar-In-Chief; The Teleprompter-in-Chief and somehow label all that horrific stuff as inconsequential. It boggles the mind.

I'll be honest and you have a free card to rip me apart for it ...

I have been trying to support our president, trying to focus on the good that could come from things he has done, some things of course no good will ever come from but I am not going to condemn someone for making mistakes or for making the same mistakes other Presidents have got free passes for. I am also not going to change the way I think because of someone who hates the "other" party and finds fault in everything that party does, when their "party" does the exact same thing and they do not bat an eye.

Having said that, I will say I find what I put in the OP very disturbing and can find no fault in what AskTheAnimals said, this should be a major eye opener for anyone who claims to be an American, in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

BO XIAN

Martial law seems to be a common thing folks are not up on.

That could change overnight . . . sadly.

And a bad dream to wake up to, I'm sure.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
hello bruce care to tell us about your agenda....in case you didn't catch that it was rhetorical......it seems there is conspiracy here.....even the military whom have clearly earned their stripes are being ousted .....for what?....not following orders from a commander and chief whom is clearly out of control ? or should I say controlled perfectly by those whom pull the strings....

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
hello bruce care to tell us about your agenda.

My agenda? Following the motto of this website, "Deny Ignorance"

Some people seem to think the motto is, or should be "Embrace Ignorance"!

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

thankyou for your convincing response....like I said it was a rhetorical question.....

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This IS the stuff conspiracies are made of. The compilation of reliefs you posted was eye-opening, if not jaw-dropping. Obamarama does appear to be cleaning house.

That said, it's very unusual to hear the embarrassing details of why senior military/government officials get the smack-down, but believe me, they deserved it ... and probably a LOT more. From these positions, they don't represent government, they ARE the government. For the rest of their live they're a continuing risk to national security which is probably why they aren't more severely punished for what they've done. Can't have a national security risk running around in the prison's general population now, can we?

As for the nuke guys, there's about zero tolerance for any slip-ups (personal or professional) in their neck of the woods. For most of 'em, they're in a dead-end field already and they know it. It makes it not so hard for them as they are being shown the door. If relief came from a bullet to the back of the head the problems wouldn't crop up anywhere near as often, but I can't say we'd be better off.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I count 8 fired, (add McKiernan) and it is my understanding they are all justified under 5 crimes (some overlapping).

Gambling with two of these guys (one with counterfeit chips)
Sexual misconduct (adultery - harassment) - 3 of the 8
Profanity and unkind statements in public - so 2 previous administrative penalties were used to fire one.
And 3 of them also included a fatal error of judgement when 2 marines were killed in Afghanistan.
1 lost a nuclear weapon
1 was just an embarrassment.

So the loss of a nuclear weapon is pretty bad. The killing of two marines - that would have gone to review so it appears they three were found negligent.

Are they just now paying attention though? These guys have had war accidents, have cursed, cheated, drank, and more since the beginning of the military. Why now? Why all within this past year?

I would say there is something off here. It could be they have failed to follow orders in some cases so these other crimes became the needed justification. You can find justification in just about anyone if you really want to.

Or

They are weary. The Middle East has kicked our collective mental health to the curb. The war on terror and everything to do with being it in that area has been a flop in that they have won (those who would like to see America change for the worse).

I'm not saying these guys should be excused of their crimes but some guy cursing in public with insensitive remarks is stripped of his duties? What ever happened to a warning, and some less severe punishment?

Not sure if can add lt Rodriguez but that would make 9.

edit on 14-10-2013 by Dianec because: Added to bottom of post

edit on 14-10-2013 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

If I were a tyranical government head with a specific agenda in mind, I would move to eliminate as much potential opposition as I could long before I did anything to arouse suspicion.

Just sayin'

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Just like Hitler Cleared out the SA...too much of a threat to the SS.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Yes, maybe some of them did deserve sacking or demotion but such large numbers of top ranking officers? They don't get those stars and bars for being derelict and military standards are tough and unrelenting. It's a very rare thing for people of that proven caliber to suddenly become derelict and develop personal bad habits in conflict with their code of conduct.

There's also this little thing called being "set up". It happens quite often that certain interests will seek out a person's weaknesses and put them in a compromising position for example as we saw with David Petraeus. It's also quite easy these days to plant "evidence" on someone's hard drive or in their possessions and then threaten them to leave quietly or face prosecution. Most people don't want to put their families through such a disgrace and quietly bow out rather than fight a kangaroo court on trumped up charges. The NSA/CIA has made sure they can do this to anyone they please.

The real question is how many were actually guilty of the things they were accused of?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I have LONG asserted that the globalist oligarchy owns and uses both parties as two sides of the same coin . . . the Dem's are typically cast in the BAD COP role and the GOP in the GOOD COP role though under the table the GOP gets away with worse tyranny, in SOME cases, than the DEMS . . . until Obama.

I've documented the globalist oligarchy's bragging about such control of both parties in these links:

twoday.net...

twga...

Nevertheless, Obama has to be the most horrific, treasonous, destructive Federal official since Hillary. I don't know which of them is meanest and most demonized. Those who worked around Hillary characterize her as the most evil person they ever met in their lives.

It may be a toss-up between them.

There were a ton of flags on Obama in play before he was first SElected. All that was swept masterfully under the run by the oligarchy ran media machine.

That's A FACT.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
reply to post by Snarl

Yes, maybe some of them did deserve sacking or demotion but such large numbers of top ranking officers? They don't get those stars and bars for being derelict and military standards are tough and unrelenting. It's a very rare thing for people of that proven caliber to suddenly become derelict and develop personal bad habits in conflict with their code of conduct.

There's also this little thing called being "set up". It happens quite often that certain interests will seek out a person's weaknesses and put them in a compromising position for example as we saw with David Petraeus. It's also quite easy these days to plant "evidence" on someone's hard drive or in their possessions and then threaten them to leave quietly or face prosecution. Most people don't want to put their families through such a disgrace and quietly bow out rather than fight a kangaroo court on trumped up charges. The NSA/CIA has made sure they can do this to anyone they please.

The real question is how many were actually guilty of the things they were accused of?

I won't challenge you on that ... at all. This IS the stuff of conspiracies. This IS the cat I want to see out of the bag.

Unfortunately, I have been one of the actors in a similar relief action. It was an unhappy ending to an otherwise illustrious career ... but the folks who guard strategic assets have the opportunity to decline those types of positions. I was not ashamed of my role ... but I took no pride in it either.

I would add this as well. I consider myself to be a pretty intelligent man, but I know I can't hold a candle to the utter brilliance of any general officer I've ever met. My guess would be that some of these guys thought they were too smart to get caught cutting corners ... and honestly ... I've met some of them that just don't care.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
reply to post by Snarl

I like the setup scenario. In the first place and in regard to Richard Myers, Rumsfeld took the trigger away from him before 9/11. All he got to do was watch the Eastern Seaboard and advise. In other words the authorization for shootdown orders were conveniently taken away from the military altogether. It was unprecedented and it flamed a lot of tunics.

Afterwards he was the only general staff officer that got pulled over the coals from the WTC attacks, and he wasn't the one responsible for the stand-down. Making things a bit more suspicious; after a short cooling off from the media, he got to be Chairman of the Joint Chiefs for a little while before retiring.

That'll sweeten up the pension a little... for an otherwise decent man who gets to take a bad rap(?) Sure can make you wonder..

Edit: for anything else of consequence-- that cruise can could have been ordered to go missing, and used from up the sleeve and off-camera. This stuff makes you wonder again if "The Sum of All Fears" was an op-ed, and that dish rattler out from the sea bottom wasn't a HAARP drill. I have only one question about the possibility of a natural shake; are there ay active fault line(s) on the Eastern Seaboard?
edit on 14-10-2013 by derfreebie because: How many more toys aren't in the box?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join