It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About FEDBIZOPPS...People may want to take a look...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

This is true. Sometimes its for "when" cases, when they know something will happen in the future. Other times its for "if" cases, as in if an asteroid destroys half of the united states or some other such instance

The real question is how do we differentiate between which cases are which for these items purchased?
edit on 22-10-2013 by kingofyo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofyo1

Yeah -- but if they knew there would be a need for -- say -- 350 MIllion body bags because they knew about an imminent asteroid impact, would they really solicit through "Fed Biz Ops"?

I mean, people a few pages ago were trying to fit the gov't solicitation for radiation detectors into some huge conspiracy theory. Personally, I can think of a lot of legitimate reasons why the gov't would buy radiation detectors -- no conspiracy required.

Don't you think the governmnet owns radiation detectors and uses them for legitimate (i.e., non-covert) reasons -- even if those reasons are just as preparation for a "what -if" scenario? Say, for example, our worst fears occur, and there is a terrorist nuclear bomb or a major nuclear accident that happens somewhere in the United States. Wouldn't it make sense for the government to prepare for such a possibility -- even if the government knows of no imminent threat at the present time?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying in your reply. Most people aren't going to see what I see in these req's right off the bat.
As far as the mechanical bull...I could care less.
I know that it was probably req'd for an E-club or some other use like that...this is why I didn't point this req out.

All rad detectors are calibrated at ONE place.
They must be calibrated PERFECTLY before they are shipped.
They are calibrated at GE...the man who calibrates them is my father in law.
He has been swamped with rad detectors to be shipped...he says that they are changing the calibrations to offset Fuku.

This is what I'm getting at.

All the rad detectors already in place are not calibrated to "quietly accept" the raised level of radiation now prevalent in our country.

So...we're changing the instruments that measure radiation in order to "quell fears" of radioactive contamination and to avoid the bureaucracy of Containment Procedures.
If I wanted to be an alarmist...I could find something in EVERY requisition and tie them to some conspiracy.

Some of the reqs I've pointed out have been logically explained by another poster...whose knowledge on these subjects I trust completely.

A lot of the req's I've pointed out aren't kosher.

I'm in the "know" in a few aspects...so are some of the other posters on this particular thread.
If you don't understand what I'm eluding to...that's ok.
They do.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

AFewGoodWomen

[Snip]
All rad detectors are calibrated at ONE place.
They must be calibrated PERFECTLY before they are shipped.
They are calibrated at GE...the man who calibrates them is my father in law.
He has been swamped with rad detectors to be shipped...he says that they are changing the calibrations to offset Fuku.

This is what I'm getting at.

All the rad detectors already in place are not calibrated to "quietly accept" the raised level of radiation now prevalent in our country.

So...we're changing the instruments that measure radiation in order to "quell fears" of radioactive contamination and to avoid the bureaucracy of Containment Procedures.
[Snip]

This to me stinks to high heaven of more to the story than is let on. But thats just me. When all the rad reports come in and the new "calibrated" detectors dont measure jack, people will realize whats up

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

CeeRZ
So far, this is my favorite

99--Mechanical Bull
Solicitation Number: W91J0W20170401

FBO.gov

Seriously? A mechanical Bull? Obviously money being put into necessary things

I don't know. If -- say, for example -- an army base had a club/bar for non-coms to have a beer and let off steam, I suspect it would be a club that has the same types of amenities that a regular bar has. I mean, some large army bases are like small towns -- and many small midwest towns have a bar with a mechanical bull.

So I could see a non-coms bar at an army base looking to install a mechanical bull. If they did, the requisition would go through FBO.gov so any company can have a chance to bid on providing it.

edit on 10/21/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

This is for the National Guard in Utah... Definitely not for a club/bar.

I actually only brought it up because I thought it was one of the more random reqs. I thought it was funny. I mean, imagine the conversation. "Ok guys, I think we need a mechanical bull.... And I bet we can get the government to pay for it!"

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Did you say all rad detectors FOR THE US MILITARY are calibrated at one place. by one person, your father-in-law?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Could you please clarify and repost relevent links re:soybean/govt shutdown/possible furtive backchannel exchanges? I think your topic has merit, but am not able to devote time to click on links posted willynily.

Also, bid solicitations which you think may be communicating something else. But the 2 requests in different replies, please!

This is a very interesting thread! Just needs some organization and you can OP again to hopefully see the rewards of this ATS community. I think this deserves some eyes.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

kkrattiger
Could you please clarify and repost relevent links re:soybean/govt shutdown/possible furtive backchannel exchanges? I think your topic has merit, but am not able to devote time to click on links posted willynily.

Also, bid solicitations which you think may be communicating something else. But the 2 requests in different replies, please!

This is a very interesting thread! Just needs some organization and you can OP again to hopefully see the rewards of this ATS community. I think this deserves some eyes.

Absolutely...I've just been pulled in so many directions with this thread...I need an assistant!!!
I will be posting a summary of what I've found to be the most compelling to date and making sure that it's a lot easier to follow than it has been thus far.

The info coming in has just been to much to organize...but it's a priority to me because, you're right...there is something to it and I don't want my thread to become sooo disorganized that people lose interest.

I'll post screen captures as well.

Thank you for your support.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Soooooo...
It would appear that I have stirred a pot.
Well, this pot needed to be stirred...I always thought that this database was a little TOO transparent...
Good.
My work here is done.
3043's awayyyyyyyyy........................

www.c4isrnet.com...
"■ Identifying critical acquisition and technology programs that require higher levels of protection and ensuring the military services are adequately protecting those systems, based on their classification levels."

Maybe the Government would like to give me a job???
I heard somewhere that they were creating jobs and all that, so.....
edit on 26-10-2013 by AFewGoodWomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
“Stolen data provides potential adversaries extraordinary insight into the United States’ defense and industrial capabilities and allows them to save time and expense in developing similar capabilities,” Hagel said in the memo. “Protection of this data is a high priority for the department and is critical to preserving the intellectual property and competitive capabilities of our national industrial base and the technological superiority of our fielded military systems.”
DoD spokeswoman Jennifer Elzea said the Pentagon has proposed an amendment to its acquisition and contracting regulations that would require companies to follow established security standards on their networks and report cyber intrusions that result in the loss of unclassified data, the American Forces Press Service reported.

It's a stretch to call data gleaned from a PUBLIC website "stolen"...I guess it's a way to justify the lack of concern over the info on these contracts that are drafted, redrafted and put into a public system.

Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that "it sucks to be me" right now?...

wait...is someone knocking at my door???

Needless to say...I won't be posting any further comments on this thread for the time being.

O U T

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

oh come on... All you've done is point out OBVIOUS PUBLIC documents! thats like posting a FOIA on a public forum and them getting mad over it... Makes no real sense

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

kingofyo1
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

oh come on... All you've done is point out OBVIOUS PUBLIC documents! thats like posting a FOIA on a public forum and them getting mad over it... Makes no real sense

It doesn't make sense to you.
It's not supposed to.
I pointed out an OBVIOUS breach.

This site needs to be taken down...bidders can go through proper channels to view proposed contracts...
It should have been down as soon as the internet went public.
WH staffers should understand how much could be gleaned from this...
I don't understand why it's public to begin with...
It IS a breach in security.
edit on 26-10-2013 by AFewGoodWomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
With all due respect you may want to go back to supply school. First of all, priority 13 is not high priority at all, its routine maintenance, usually first echelon(aka operators of the equipment) sometimes second echelon repairs. Secondly massive amounts of supplies being bought right now, especially tents and such, should come as no shock being that we have units coming back from Afghanistan(along with some still going to) having to replenish all their broken and/or missing gear. Of course these things are going to go stateside also, that's where the units are. I also understand being a supply clerk you may not know what a backyard op is, but they are quite frequent in certain units(aka creating a FOB on base in some location to practice what you would do in the field, an exercise if you will). Another thing, all equipment has a certain amount of SL-3 required(an SL-3 is a list of things that are suppose to be with the equipment), and for some equipment spare parts are part of that SL-3.

To the questions about traveling wave tubes, they are usually referred to as wave-guides. They are inside almost every satellite communications device known to man. It's literally just a tube to send a signal through. It is a space laser, but not as Hollywood would have you think. Instead of cutting giant alien spaceships in half, its a bunch of packets of data for some old guy watching Youtube or checking facebook in the COC tent.

As far as why the president or joint chiefs were the ones authorizing these purchase was probably because they were the only ones with the authority to do so under the shutdown.

Now to offer a more benign explanation, it could be because the marine corps doesn't have enough barracks to house all the units that it has(which they don't. Part of why they are building so much in 29 stumps right now). They have to have some place to stay when they come back, and what better place than a tent city. It wouldn't be the first time these marines had to live in two man tents for a while. The marines are also about to do a major draw down of forces(projected to drop to somewhere around 150k) so it would be a temporary thing, not a popular thing, but the marine corps as my gunny put it "Doesn't cater to personal wants or needs."

"The acquisition is estimated at $61,300,000.00 per year with a total contract maximum value of $306,500,000.00
. The scope of this acquisition includes, but is not limited to: Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) supplies; Plumbing supplies (including bath and shower items, ablution units); Electrical products (including generators, wire/cable, connectors, sockets, outlets, lights, etc.); Tools of various kinds; Chemical, lubricating, and rubber products and products including same; Construction supplies (including but not limited to cement, lumber and plywood, bricks, blocks, steel, aluminum, and other metal products, conduits, prefabricated structures to include re-locatable buildings (RLBs & ablution units), etc.; Perimeter security items such as barriers, barbed wire, concertina wire, and sand bags (also used for erosion prevention); Communication devices (such as walkie-talkies, two-way radios, etc. used by the maintenance personnel), and; Various other commercial supplies required by the war-fighters to accomplish their mission AND related incidental services."

For this keep in mind, OCONUS is setting up bases in both Australia and Guam, along with all the people being forced back into the barracks, maybe now they'll take the time to actually make the barracks a livable place. Between that and operations still ongoing such as JSOTF-P happening in the Phillipines, the marine corps will still be quite busy long after it leaves Afghanistan. If anyone has any questions about certain NSN's I'm sure I could help, or at least try to help figure out what they are and give the possible uses that I've seen for them.

I will however say one thing about all these purchase. For as stingy as the USMC use to be, they sure do love wasting money on stupid things now a days.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Whoa guy...priority 13 is a high priority. It is when it's 1 + 3. You'd see that on SPMAGTF req's all the time. Priority 3 is actually higher than 1 (in my deployment supply unit anyway), but when 1 had a 3 attached to it, it was considered "highest priority". It was more like 1 3 rather than 13.
Second of all...I'm not going to divulge all classification codes online, I'm not an idiot. Some care was taken to skew info that I did put forth in my posts.

You may very well have explained back yard ops, and I have participated in them...I just didn't understand why we had so many going on at the same time at so many different locations.

I have never req'ed anything during a govt. shutdown,
So....you have?
Are you...the guy?

The main gist of the post was to point out the fact that info is being divulged on the website...unintentionally (prob due to over-compartmentalization)...and that it should be shut down.
That...and to gather all my supply guys.
Thanks for piping in.
If an informed foreign citizen of say...an "enemy" country could glean info from this site...who knows what has already been compromised? The technology being researched alone is enough to put our country behind if competition were to feel the need to catch up or exceed what we are researching.

Either way...thanks for the shout out...but I'm not in the Marine Corps anymore, no need to be so curt.

You know your stuff...no doubt about that...but I know mine too, though it has been twenty years and I served during Peace time.

As I also stated in a previous post...I'm not about giving info away about any foreign bases, posts, or troops. I just focus on WITHIN CONUS. Within the borders, within the population.
edit on 27-10-2013 by AFewGoodWomen because: ??

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
You do know that Naval Supply code is not Army or Air Force Supply code...right?
Are you even American??
Veteran??
I gathered from a few of your other posts on other threads that you may in fact...be British???
Americans don't refer to our troops as "American troops" when we write about them...only people who are NOT from America refer to our troops as being "American Troops"...

I stand by my thread.
You either know something about military and supply...
or you have a black-belt in google-fu.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

kkrattiger

Yes, I agree that with some organisation we could pull it all together. Who is good at organising? What info would we need to correllate and with which other info do we correllate it???

Would it help if all the IDs were placed in a list for example? So we could see all the requisitions made against that requisition number over time?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

And I dont know if, if it does get reorganized, if Skunkworks is the right place for it. Maybe Military Projects, or ... ?
But OP, are you still here? You said "The main gist of the post was to point out the fact that info is being divulged on the website...unintentionally (prob due to over-compartmentalization)...and that it should be shut down.
That...and to gather all my supply guys."
I thought you wanted more eyes and discussion. That sounds like you changed your mind.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

kkrattiger
reply to post by qmantoo

And I dont know if, if it does get reorganized, if Skunkworks is the right place for it. Maybe Military Projects, or ... ?
But OP, are you still here? You said "The main gist of the post was to point out the fact that info is being divulged on the website...unintentionally (prob due to over-compartmentalization)...and that it should be shut down.
That...and to gather all my supply guys."
I thought you wanted more eyes and discussion. That sounds like you changed your mind.

Yup...still here.
I've been "gently" reminded that perhaps one (being me) might want to be careful of bringing attention to a sore subject. These "reminders" were quite abrasive...and, er, spook-y.
Anyway...things are in the works to bring acquisition protocols to another level.
Reported here:
www.defense.gov...

I like to think that maybe my thread had something to do with it...but really, I'd give credit to ATS and anyone else who questioned our avenues of seeking contractors.
I'm sure Washington will pat itself on the back.

I don't mean to leave anyone in the dark...or seem like I have abandoned the thread...
I still stand by it...100%
^^famous last words^^

I did something that I warned everyone about at the beginning of the thread.
I poked the bear.

I'm really unsure at this point if I've (hopefully) brought about a positive change or if I've pointed out an embarrassing breach...either way...I kinda feel like I need to be careful about what...who...or how I say things to...

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Everyone can still view Fedbizops.
Also, it's not the only site for govt contracting opportunities, it seems.

edit on 17-11-2013 by kkrattiger because: Redo

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
From the military point of view you do not want to limit possible contractors applying for a contract because in some areas there may not have many external companies who come forward. I do not think that this first stage is the one where they need to investigate possible contractors because it is too early in the process.

Any suspect ones would be weeded out by the normal screening done by other agencies in the normal course of their work. As soon as a company applies, then would be the time for a more in-depth look at their background and the people who run it. The military dont have infinite resources to look at everyone(yet) just in case the happen to apply to do a job for the government. Sure, it probably would be 'nice' but some things have to be a compromise.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join