It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Red Button

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Funny thing, its not actually a red button, it is a set of keys. I interviewed an Missile Combat Crew Commander in a decommissioned launch control facility and learned all I ever wanted to know about the operations of such a facility:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Scariest thing I ever learned about. Especially these guys in the holes. I knew one a long time ago. They are carefully selected for their "concern" for mankind.

Thanks for bringing that.

As an aside theres this movie from wayback. I was somewhat surprised that they got some of the missileers moves right. This was 1977. First 15 minutes into here.

You.Tube

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I remember seeing this a few months before I left for NAVY boot camp. I so wanted one of those "land master" vehicles! totally awesome for a 1977 Sci-Fi flick! thanks for posting that video link, gonna watch it tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
What is the name of the movie?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

hi there,

first off , many thanks for this link,

after watching , i totally agree ....it is amazing how accurate the movie was in its portrayal of the procedures in `the hole`.
especially when you consider the year it was made. not many other movies of that period were so detailed and accurate.

i have also found looking back... how accurate James Herbets 3rd `Rats` book is in its descriptions of the COG facilities in London.

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

after watching , i totally agree ....it is amazing how accurate the movie was in its portrayal of the procedures in `the hole`.
especially when you consider the year it was made. not many other movies of that period were so detailed and accurate.

Actually that era was marked by the openness regarding tech and military things in movies. The producers and directors knew their portrayals in movies would be critiqued by veterans and buffs of mayhem so they tried harder to get it right. If they did, it was "technically accurate" and sold more tickets. Directors had "consultants" (they still do) that helped lend realism. A film could go down in ratings if the savvy detected BS.

Nowadays we're way more secretive. They don't show anything anymore except a lot of whiz bang zoom action with bright lights and loud sounds. Theres nothing left to critique about accuracy in pictures. Boo hoo.

Its okay though, now we have YouTube. I can watch the real thing in a 100 wars around the globe. Real blood too. (I must be nuts)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertysTeeth

Damnation Alley

new topics

top topics

join