It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solomon. Why so little information regarding its footprints historically?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I'm not sure where you are getting your facts from, but, no, Jesus did not speak Coptic, and he was most assuredly not an Essene, who were extremist Jews, which Jesus obviously was not. The Essenes would have strung Jesus up by his thumbs for his attitude toward the Sabbath, for example.

The Crusades and Knights Templar were intended to protect and/or retake Christian holy sites in the Middle East, as well as protecting Christian pilgrims to the Holy Lands.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
adjensen

adjensen
I'm not sure where you are getting your facts from, but, no, Jesus did not speak Coptic, and he was most assuredly not an Essene, who were extremist Jews, which Jesus obviously was not. The Essenes would have strung Jesus up by his thumbs for his attitude toward the Sabbath, for example.

How then was it he was sent to Qumran (Essene Stronghold) at the age of 13 until his godfather, Joseph of Aramatheia took him at age 19 to traverse the trade (tin mainly) routes into what you would understand as GrB? The Essenes held all of the secrets of the living Qabalah. No they never would have strung him up as his attitude of the sabbath and treatment of common men, women and children were what he was taught there as equals. You do not know he was at Qumran? Im surprised; you obviously do not know as well where he was (for 20 plus years either; until he re-surfaced at the age 30. I do, I know exactly where he was GrB, India and the orient (as whatever youd describe it is at that point).

adjensen
The Crusades and Knights Templar were intended to protect and/or retake Christian holy sites in the Middle East, as well as protecting Christian pilgrims to the Holy Lands.

Why? They failed in their attempt, as were destroyed by Pope Urban. Christian/pagan/Catholism philanthrophy at its best .

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Am I the only one who noticed that this is missing the two horizontal lines of Air and Earth?

We just put "Water and Fire" together and call that TOTAL UNITY?

Dumbdumdumdumbdumb...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeMason

Um unless of course we're talking about Equilibrium from within us! After all are our bodies not "Temples"?. Male and female aspect, Unity/Balance. Mammal/Reptilian. Sex between the male and the female. The same way Solomons temple was built (Sex Magic). We have no control over external factors such as Air and Earth.

I find your last line extremely childish

In alchemy, the combination of the fire and water symbols (up and down triangles) is known as the Seal of Solomon. The symbol is representative of the combination of opposites and transmutation. By combining the alchemical symbols for fire (upwards triangle) and water (downwards triangle), the alchemical symbols for earth and air are also created.

The downwards facing triangle is divided along the center by the base line of the opposite triangle. This is the alchemical symbol for earth. Conversely, the upwards triangle divided by the base line of the downwards triangle is the alchemical symbol for air. The Seal of Solomon is all that is unified in perfect balance; the Spirit Wheel (see Merkabah).

SOURCE

Newton believed that the temple was designed by King Solomon with privileged eyes and divine guidance. To Newton, the geometry of the temple represented more than a mathematical blueprint, it also provided a time-frame chronology of Hebrew history. It was for this reason that he included a chapter devoted to the temple within The Chronology of Ancient Kingdoms, a section which initially may seem unrelated to the historical nature of the book as a whole.

Newton felt that just as the writings of ancient philosophers, scholars, and Biblical figures contained within them unknown sacred wisdom, the same was true of their architecture. He believed that these men had hidden their knowledge in a complex code of symbolic and mathematical language that, when deciphered, would reveal an unknown knowledge of how nature works.

In 1675 Newton annotated a copy of Manna - a disquisition of the nature of alchemy, an anonymous treatise which had been given to him by his fellow scholar Ezekiel Foxcroft. In his annotation Newton reflected upon his reasons for examining Solomon's Temple by writing: This philosophy, both speculative and active, is not only to be found in the volume of nature, but also in the sacred scriptures, as in Genesis, Job, Psalms, Isaiah and others. In the knowledge of this philosophy, God made Solomon the greatest philosopher in the world.

Source

Newton himself being a member of a secret society, although no historical records give us the name of the group. I'm leaning towards him being a Freemason.

Revelation 2:17 - He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth [it].
edit on 15-10-2013 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

What of words like Messiah? now part of the English language and of Hebrew and Aramaic origin?

English words of Semetic origin

Etymology in the bible:

The English word Bible is from the Latin biblia, from the same word in Medieval Latin and Late Latin and ultimately from Koine Greek τὰ βιβλία ta biblia "the books" (singular βιβλίον biblion).[5] Medieval Latin biblia is short for biblia sacra "holy book", while biblia in Greek and Late Latin is neuter plural (gen. bibliorum). It gradually came to be regarded as a feminine singular noun (biblia, gen. bibliae) in medieval Latin, and so the word was loaned as a singular into the vernaculars of Western Europe.[6] Latin biblia sacra "holy books" translates Greek τὰ βιβλία τὰ ἅγια ta biblia ta hagia, "the holy books".[7]

The word βιβλίον itself had the literal meaning of "paper" or "scroll" and came to be used as the ordinary word for "book". It is the diminutive of βύβλος bublos, "Egyptian papyrus", possibly so called from the name of the Phoenician sea port Byblos (also known as Gebal) from whence Egyptian papyrus was exported to Greece. The Greek ta biblia (lit. "little papyrus books")[8] was "an expression Hellenistic Jews used to describe their sacred books (the Septuagint).

Christian use of the term can be traced to ca. 223 CE.[5] The biblical scholar F.F. Bruce notes that Chrysostom appears to be the first writer (in his Homilies on Matthew, delivered between 386 and 388) to use the Greek phrase ta biblia ("the books") to describe both the Old and New Testaments together.

Source

“Of all religions, Christianity is without a doubt the one that should inspire tolerance most, although, up to now, the Christians have been the most intolerant of all men” - Voltaire.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

How then was it he was sent to Qumran (Essene Stronghold) at the age of 13 until his godfather, Joseph of Aramatheia took him at age 19 to traverse the trade (tin mainly) routes into what you would understand as GrB?

Again, you need to cite sources for where you are finding your "facts" -- there is no evidence that Jesus ever lived in Qumran, the preponderance of evidence is that, prior to the events of the New Testament, he lived a mundane life in Nazareth as a carpenter apprentice. As I said earlier, Jesus' teachings are significantly in opposition to the Essenes, he absolutely could not be seen as being a member, in good standing, of that community.

Jews do not have "godfathers", and there is no indication that Joseph of Arimathea had any connection to Jesus until he began his ministry.

Sorry, but all of these errors and odd claims that you keep making indicates either a complete ignorance of history, or that you've picked up scraps of it here and there and mixed them all up in a jumble that bears little resemblance to reality.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

DeadSnow
reply to post by adjensen

What of words like Messiah? now part of the English language and of Hebrew and Aramaic origin?

We're not talking about words that have religious significance.

You said "David" = "divide" and attached some significance to that.

I demonstrated that "David" and "divide" have absolutely nothing in common with each other in the languages of the Bible, Hebrew, Greek and Latin, so there is obviously zero significance to their similarity in English.

Your "David/divide" comparison is as ludicrous as people who say that Jesus is a "sun god" because, in English, "sun" and "son" are homophones. I've seriously seen people make that claim.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Doppleganger post
edit on 15-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
adjensen
reply to post by veteranhumanbeing

Again, you need to cite sources for where you are finding your "facts" -- there is no evidence that Jesus ever lived in Qumran, the preponderance of evidence is that, prior to the events of the New Testament, he lived a mundane life in Nazareth as a carpenter apprentice. As I said earlier, Jesus' teachings are significantly in opposition to the Essenes, he absolutely could not be seen as being a member, in good standing, of that community.(/quote)

VETHUMANBEING:
No there is no evidence he was a humble carpenter at all living a mundane life in Nazareth, then rocketing to son of god status and becoming a complete 9d being; prior to his exceptional upbringing surrounded by goat and sheep herders. If you believe this you must be as millions of others. As a Jew, and unmarried still living with his parents at age 30? (would have been stoned, or labled an outcast). He had step brothers fully capable of taking care of his parents. Joseph worked for Herod Antipas building bridges, so HE was employed. Jesus was a Gnostic, where would he learn these traditions (from the Essenes). What was the point of not recording any travels with Joseph (FOR YEARS), his exposure to Eastern thought, or scribbling a note to his mother once in a while?

adjensen
Jews do not have "godfathers", and there is no indication that Joseph of Arimathea had any connection to Jesus until he began his ministry.

Joseph of Arimathea was his guardian, (Christian term Godfather) who paid for his schooling in Alexandra as a child; he did.

adjensen
Sorry, but all of these errors and odd claims that you keep making indicates either a complete ignorance of history, or that you've picked up scraps of it here and there and mixed them all up in a jumble that bears little resemblance to reality.

Not scraps of unreality (yours) at all. Odd claims? not really. The OP isnt about Jesus, but Im happy to answer any questions. My major question is (hinting around here) why was a MOSQUE BUILT ON TOP OF SOLOMONS TEMPLE MOUNT?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Again, you've made a bunch of outlandish and unsubstantiated claims, and provided no evidence for any of it, so I'll just assume that you're making it all up. Jesus was a Jew, not a Gnostic, which was a Greek religion.

why was a MOSQUE BUILT ON TOP OF SOLOMONS TEMPLE MOUNT?

It's called the Dome of the Rock, and if you took ten seconds to look it up, you'd see that the Muslims believe that Mohammed ascended to heaven from that place, and that's why they built it there.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
adjensen

adjensen
Again, you've made a bunch of outlandish and unsubstantiated claims, and provided no evidence for any of it, so I'll just assume that you're making it all up. Jesus was a Jew, not a Gnostic, which was a Greek religion.

vethumanbeing

adjensen
It's called the Dome of the Rock, and if you took ten seconds to look it up, you'd see that the Muslims believe that Mohammed ascended to heaven from that place, and that's why they built it there.

Why would Mohammed pick a Jewish site to accend from? Where did he accend to, a Jewish heavenly place? Jesus wasnt a Jew as in NORMAL JEWISH tradition allows; the Romans (as pagans) Sadducce and Pharacee executed him. The odd men out were the Essenes (scary gnostics greek? why not they had the majick numbers the Qabalah). Was this originally the site of the Sufi? Was Solomon a usurper and had no idea for some reason (no crystal ball) this was to be an Arabic sacred site in 690 AD? Call it dome of the rock, ITS A PROVEN TEMPLE MOUNT of at least 2 religions. You dont understand my liturgy? I suppose when Jesus was asked "where do you get your outlandish and unsubstanciated information (claims) from" he probably answered:

1.John 8.25,26: I am the one I have always claimed to be . I could condem you for much and reach you much, but I wont, for I say only what I am told to by the ONE who sent me and He is the Truth.
2. (you are on your own VHB and have to improvise).

How could anyone make this up? Need a standard; someone made up Christianity and its wine flagon?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Sorry, friend, absolutely none of that makes any sense.

If you want to know more about Islam, I would suggest an introductory text like Islam, the Straight Path by John Esposito or Islam, by Isma'il Al-Faruqi. You can probably find both in your local library.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
adjensen

adjensen
Sorry, friend, absolutely none of that makes any sense.
If you want to know more about Islam, I would suggest an introductory text like Islam, the Straight Path by John Esposito or Islam, by Isma'il Al-Faruqi. You can probably find both in your local library.

There are brilliant minds here on ATS, and the Alexandrian Library burned in 300 AD. I am not seeking a history of Mohammed or Islam (versed upon already) Solomon is my intended target and as far as I know, unless there is an Islamic scholar out there published (MUST BE TRUE) that speaks about Muslim tradition and how it relates to Solomon Il have to pass. Thanks for the recommendations and your thoughtful additions to this thread (its been fun).

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

adjensen

The Dome of the rock (Al-Sakhrah) was the most recent of the mosques. The Mosque that you seek is called the Al-Aqsa mosque. Don't get the two confused.

Watching this video now, will update my post when I'm done and share my thoughts.

edit on 16-10-2013 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
d/p obsolete binary
edit on 16-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
DeadSnow
adjensen

adjensen

VHB Why was a MOSQUE BUILT ON TOP OF SOLOMONS TEMPLE MOUNT?

adjensen

DeadSnow
The Dome of the rock (Al-Sakhrah) was the most recent of the mosques. The Mosque that you seek is called the Al-Aqsa mosque. Don't get the two confused.

Thankyou DeadSnow, I thought Mohammeds activities were centralized in Saudi Arabia, in pushing his own better verson of modern up to minute (Confuscious Style) Islam. Mecca was the place to be, (if your tribal) his home town domaine Medina, where the mountain exists that he climbed and found enlightenment (could be wrong). The tribal Koresh kept him busy enough(jesus god). Im fairly certain his remains (soul did not accend from Jeruselems temple mount (Solomon freemasons father/god) as he was way TOO BUSY trying to lobby to gain entrance to that other holy place city MECCA before he died a year and a half later in MEDINA.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
adjensen

adjensen

Jesus spoke many languages, Greek, Hebrew, Coptic. He was an Essene who were extremists, he believed in the rights of women and children to be educated equally, you are thinking he was a greek gnostic? No, he was a Qumran gnostic, they the holders of the truth, the power of numbers of levitation, energy begot by crystals, passed down to freemasonry and as its guardians the mysteries of the Qabalah. The Essenes did not crucify Jesus; the Sadducce and Pharasee did. WHY? if he was one of them (of their same beliefs) would they kill him? The pagan Romans thought of this as JUST ANOTHER SPECTICAL and carried it out to appease Herod, HE STARTED IT (shakespearian fashion) by beheading John the Babtist, just the next act in a play (lets all democratically try to get along). Should have charged admission.

edit on 16-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The Dome of the Rock was built by Muslims who believe Mohammed ascended to heaven in a dream and had nothing to do with Scholomo's Temple. He had the first temple, Herod the Great built the second temple, the one which Templars never saw, as it was destroyed in 70 AD.

The Matrix was a movie, there is no red and blue pill other than what the screenwriter wrote into it, then the actors played the part, while the cameras rolled and the director gave direction. The Matrix was a made up movie, there is no red and blue pill.

Da Vinci did not paint the seder meal correctly as he knew nothing about Jewish subjects. Of course you are going to read anything you want into it because Da Vinci, as smart as he was, did not portray it correctly in the first place. So you are reading into conspiracy theories of people who also don't know what a seder meal is. Da Vinci used artistic license.

If you really want to know the truth, start reading DATES of events instead of randomly believing some conspiracy nut who feeds you wrong information.

Gnosticism is Greek Christian mysticism and they had nothing to do with the events of Jesus' life. In fact, one of the books The Gospel of Thomas was written well after Thomas had already gone to India, where he died. So nope, the Gnostic Gospels are not even correct and they are a source of misinformation.

Coptic is the indigenous people of Egypt who were Christian before the Islamic invasion. They still speak liturgical Coptic, but a Copt is a native Egyptian, the Arab Muslims came later.

King Solomon's mines is the stuff of legend. That has a much basis as King Arthur in Avalon and the sword in the stone. The Templar Knights never saw Solomon's Temple, they never even saw Herod's Temple, what they did see was the Dome of the Rock.

And if you think Da Vinci was part of a super secret organization intended to destroy the powers of the Catholic Church by encoding secret messages into artwork for only those other members to see, then that is completely unfounded. In fact, the Da Vinci Code was based on a much earlier book, and yet the Holy Grail search had NOTHING to begin with the Templar Knights, unless you count Sir Gawain and Sir Galahad as Knights Templar. And since the legend of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table was already old by the time the Knights Templar existed, the Holy Grail was just a legend in a story. You should really read some dates in history.

The search for the Holy Grail begins with King Arthur. It has nothing to do with reality, it is just a legend, a legend in which conspiracy theorists can't grasp that their sources have all given them misinformation.

I just can't believe that some people believe movies to be real. If King Arthur was real, then so was Cuchulainn and every other legendary figure that was made up by minstrels. By the way, it was minstrels that made up the story of King Arthur.

So the question would be, if the search for the Holy Grail began in pre-Christian Britain (because King Arthur was not Christian), then in Christianized Britain it became important, but only for the Knights Templar? So they went off to seek a legend and found the Gnostic Gospels? Then the Gnostic Gospels became their guidebook? Then they worshipped Mary Magdalene? All because of King Arthur?

Then to justify this conspiracy theory, they then say that Jesus was in England with Joseph of Arimathea, but Mary Magdalene went to France to found the Merovingian Dynasty? So now ask yourself this, if the legend of King Arthur is true, why then did the original story tellers left out pertinent information, as they never mentioned Mary Magdalene being in France, Israel or any other place? How is it they left that out of the story? Because you then have to jump forward to Alexander Pope, who conveniently forgot about the King Arthur legend, then the conspiracy theorists jump from Pope to Roslyn Chapel, trying to find this Holy Grail, but no one going back to the original story. Conspiracy theorists left out a thousand years in this legend.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Just per your information for future reference, Freemasonry is not about a single religion, it invites every religion. But many fundamental Muslims denounce Freemasonry because it includes other religions. Kabbahlaism does not teach about levitation or other things, it is strictly metaphysical.

If it were true then Madonna could fly without an airplane, but since we have never seen Madonna do any of that stuff you say Kabbalaism can do, then why isn't it being performed today? Did the power go out after Solomon died?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
WarminIndy

WarminIndy
Just per your information for future reference, Freemasonry is not about a single religion, it invites every religion. But many fundamental Muslims denounce Freemasonry because it includes other religions. Kabbahlaism does not teach about levitation or other things, it is strictly metaphysical.
If it were true then Madonna could fly without an airplane, but since we have never seen Madonna do any of that stuff you say Kabbalaism can do, then why isn't it being performed today? Did the power go out after Solomon died?

So, you discount majick as not being a Heinlenism? You have so expanded this arguement that I do not even know where to begin. Freemasonry is not a religion, just an innocent set of belief systems (not for public consumption), I know only of the Scottish Rite, that does not include/invite all denominations unto its bosom (its the trust factor and I doubt could achieve a 33rd anyway). Im confused about the Madonna reference, she traveled by ass/donkey or walked; not on a majick carpet. Oh you are speaking of the OTHER Madonna. Yes, well riches aside she has no need to explore the metaphysical (even tho she trys unsuccessfully) as her money allows 'Wishes are at my command instantly to be obeyed". Guy Richie says sleeping with her is like laying next to a human size piece of teriaki flavored Beef Jerky. The Power went out when the plug was pulled on the Great Pyramid of Giza. It was a battery cell.
edit on 18-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join