It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solomon. Why so little information regarding its footprints historically?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The name means sun and moon? Why the fight over the temple mount in Jerusalem, a mosque built over a 'Judaic' Solomons temple (hebraic).. Was Solomon originally a Sufi? arabic? I have nothing to add, just the question posited truly would appreciate some external wisdom. Solomon the forgotton genious.
edit on 13-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

What a ramble. What are you actually asking?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

vethumanbeing
The name means sun and moon? Why the fight over the temple mount in Jerusalem, a mosque built over a 'Judaic' Solomons temple (hebraic).. Was Solomon originally a Sufi? arabic? I have nothing to add, just the question posited truly would appreciate some external wisdom. Solomon the forgotton genious.

Where did you get the impression that "Solomon" means "Sun and mooon"?
That's not correct - The Hebrew (Shelomoh) means "peace".

As far as the temple mount...
Solomon's temple greatly predates Islam, so no, he wasn't Sufi, nor Arabic.
edit on 14-10-2013 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Solomon does mean sun and moon, Not going to bother arguing about it here take it or leave it. SOL=SUN, MON=MOON (MON-day). The two pillars of Joachim and Boaz (Female/Masculine or Fire/Water) also represent the sun and the moon (The blue vs the red/Adam=Red vs Eve=Blue). Monday represented by the moon and Sunday by the sun, or the day (12 hour splits between the two symbolizing the rivalry) or seasons. hence the dualistic principle/equinox. Look at the alchemical symbols of both fire and water and combine them, what do you get?. Hence you get the star of David or the division.

Edit: for the poster above me, Solomons temple was KABBALISTIC, that predates Judaism as well.
edit on 14-10-2013 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

DeadSnow

Solomon does mean sun and moon, Not going to bother arguing about it here take it or leave it. SOL=SUN, MON=MOON (MON-day). The two pillars of Joachim and Boaz (Female/Masculine or Fire/Water) also represent the sun and the moon (The blue vs the red/Adam=Red vs Eve=Blue). Monday represented by the moon and Sunday by the sun, or the day (12 hour splits between the two symbolizing the rivalry) or seasons. hence the dualistic principle/equinox. Look at the alchemical symbols of both fire and water and combine them, what do you get?. Hence you get the star of David or the division.

Edit: for the poster above me, Solomons temple was KABBALISTIC, that predates Judaism as well.

Ah, of course... because transliterating English terms and imposing them backward into a Hebraic context is a good way of creating meaning.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

vethumanbeing

Jordan Maxwell is famous for taking random parts of words and making a whole new meaning. I think you got your infomation from Maxwll.

Solomon was not a Sufi. He was Jewish, his name is Anglicized to Solomon, from which Maxwell gets his idea about Solomon. If you know any Jewish person, they never say Solomon, but Shlomo.

Solomon was really Shlomo. It does not mean Sun and Moon, because in Hebrew, Sun is not Sol. That's Latin.

Watch this...I could say Ganeesh is really god because El means God and phant in Greek means manifest, so therefore Ganeesh is god because in Hinduism it's ok to insert different languages into it to make a whole new meaning, isn't that right? It's ok to do it to Hebrew, so it must be ok to do it to Hindus.

Before listening to Maxwell again, just consider that he is only interjecting English into other languages to give it new meaning, which is wrong because he does not seem aware of the original language meanings.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Awen24

DeadSnow

Ah, of course... because transliterating English terms and imposing them backward into a Hebraic context is a good way of creating meaning.

Exactly.

They have been listening to Jordan Maxwell, or taking information from people who have. Jordan Maxwell knows nothing, he makes up a lot stuff because he wants to find Illuminati in everything so he can sell books and videos. Someone should sue Jordan Maxwell because he is the worst scholar ever.

And the Magin David...comes from alchemy? Wow.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

DeadSnow

Oh you are so funny.

Kabbalism means nothing more than Jewish mysticism, a branch of Judaism. Where did you get your information, from Jordan Maxwell?

Adam means "red" but Eve means "blue"? Eve is the Anglicized form of Chava, which means life.

Wow, it's like no one knows Hebrew at all. Do you even know Boaz? Boaz is a man's name that pre-dates the temple era.

Sol means sun in Latin. The others posted the information about Sholomo.

The Arabic word for Solomon is Suleiman, and does not mean Sun and Moon. But since you are so eager to insert English into the days of the week, then which Semitic god corresponds Freya, from which we get Friday?

Here you go, days of the week from Horrible Histories.

The days of the week as we know them were designated in the Middle Ages. You should really learn history so Horrible Histories makes it fun for you to learn it.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
And so the bashing begins, Jordan Maxwell? haha NOPE!

Adam being the masculine and eve being the feminine, the red/blue (God/Goddess, Good/Evil, God/Satan). The sun symbolized by red whilst the moon symbolized by blue. Look around you, the signs are everywhere. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. The bipolar aspect of being human.

Notice his dualistic clothing, now go and have a look at around. If you want to jump on the band wagon and claim I got my info from Jordan Maxwell go ahead and remain delusional. DAVID =DIVIDE, thus the divided kingdom. THE RED AND THE BLUE PILL IN THE MATRIX.

Oh and just to throw it out for arguments sake GEMATRIA is highly used in religious texts and the English language.

Exodus 29:14-24
14 But burn the bull's flesh and its hide and its offal outside the camp. It is a sin offering. 15 "Take one of the rams, and Aaron and his sons shall lay their hands on its head. 16 Slaughter it and take the blood and sprinkle it against the altar on all sides. 17 Cut the ram into pieces and wash the inner parts and the legs, putting them with the head and the other pieces. 18 Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, an offering made to the LORD by fire.

Source

Are you sure you're not worshiping Baal/Moloch/Zeus/Apis/PTAH/Osiris/ATUM(ADAM),ENKI???

SACRED BULL

GOLDEN CALF

Now let's take a look at the word SIN. SIN or NANA was the god of the moon, son of Enlil and Ninlil.

Horeb is thought to mean "glowing/heat", which seems to be a reference to the sun, while Sinai may have derived from the name of Sin, the Sumerian deity of the moon,[3][4] and thus Sinai and Horeb would be the mountains of the moon and sun, respectively. Alternatively, "glowing heat" could be a reference to a volcano.

BIBLICAL MOUNT SINAI

It looks like the joke is on you.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

And the Magin David...comes from alchemy? Wow.

Need I continue running laps around you? Ignorance is bliss.

FYI, Kabbalism is built upon belief systems that were in place more than a mere 2000 years ago!. Your religion is flawed. What goes around, comes around. Sometimes you bash the Muslims and Hindus and Christians and sometimes your religion gets bashed as well, deal with it.

From one of your previous threads:

And the golden calf, Aaron built it with the gold, but Moses confronted him over it. So there was an understanding of that, even Moses who grew up in Pharaoh's court would have known that particular god, but it is not named in the Bible, only that it was a golden calf.

The Bull God worshiped was BAAL/BAEL. Still worshiped to this day.

Do you even know Boaz? Boaz is a man's name that pre-dates the temple era.

Oh right, thanks for correcting me. I thought Jachin and Boaz were pillars.....

Boaz stood on the left and Jachin ("founding", Tiberian Hebrew יָכִין Yāḵîn) stood on the right. The pillars had a size nearly six feet (1.8 metres) thick and twenty-seven feet (8.2 metres) tall. The eight-foot (2.4 metres) high brass chapiters or capitals on top of the columns bore decorations of brass lilies. The original measurement as taken from the Bible was in cubits, which records that the pillars eighteen cubits high and twelve cubits around, and hollow, four fingers thick. (Jeremiah 52:21–22). Nets of checkerwork covered the bowl of each chapiter, decorated with rows of two hundred pomegranates, wreathed with seven chains for each chapiter, and topped with lilies (1 Kings 7:13–22, 41–42).

SOURCE

Oh wait, looks like I was right!. Boaz is the name of the left of two pillars in Solomon's temple; the right pillar is named Jachin (1 Kings 7:21). The name Boaz means By Strength. Where exactly were these pillars located? In the temple of SOL-O-MON, or the temple of the SUN and MOON!

Need I go on?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

DAVID =DIVIDE, thus the divided kingdom.

So, you believe that the Bible was written in English?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

adjensen

LOL where do you think ENGLISH came from?

It's a combination of Hebrew, Latin etc etc. You need to study etymology in order for you to truly understand religion and the bible.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

DeadSnow

adjensen

Well, it didn't come from Hebrew

Greek -> Latin -> German -> Old English -> English, and even that is a gross simplification.

Hebrew "David" = David (דָּוִד), which means "beloved" in Hebrew
Hebrew "divide" = badal (בדל)

Latin "David" = Davidis
Latin "divide" = Dido Dididi Didtum

Not the same thing, Ace, not by any stretch of the imagination.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
adjensen
DeadSnow
adjensen

Well, it didn't come from Hebrew

Greek -> Latin -> German -> Old English -> English, and even that is a gross simplification.

Hebrew "David" = David (דָּוִד), which means "beloved" in Hebrew
Hebrew "divide" = badal (בדל)
Latin "David" = Davidis
Latin "divide" = Dido Dididi Didtum

Pursuing the dictionary (NEW World 'of the American Language) I see very few root words coming from anything but you say (some clarified) OFr, 'old french' Fr 'french', Gr 'greek', L latin, ME middle english, Archaic, Dan 'danish', one does find Heb here and their the nomenclature is still something of this type: (midrash) coming from the root-midrashoth to continue Oe 'old english' similar to rai 'japanese' but then again not similated into the english language at all, ML 'middle latin', Scot dialect, LL 'late latin'. Gr 'germanic', and Im sure there are others, but who has the time, too many words! and pages made of papyrus .0001 thickness (tear if you even look at them).
edit on 14-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Has anyone heard that the 'star of solomon' has either seven or eight points, not six and not a full on merkaba 3d which would be nine.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
DeadSnow
reply to post by veteranhumanbeing

DeadSnow

Thats what I thought, the temple was Kabbalistic, and basically was formed/built with 'magikal or hidden knowledge'. The Freemasons are very connected (worshipful even) of his temple and HIS MINES and there is a reason. Freemasons in this country were MINERS not ONLY stone masons. Freemasonry came out of France originally, 1300s as the templars were chased into Gr.B. I do not see how Hebraic tradition plays here, other than a Kabbalistic notion, and part of my OP is to understand that connection. Who built the standing mosque, the Koresh; and why chose that volital 'portal' location, not because Solomon was Jewish.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
adjensen

adjensen

Not sure but was the Torah written in Hebraic (first 5 books of the old testament) Moses was literate or at least had a scribe who could dictate; and who knows who wrote the rest of the miserable texts in what original language. Monks transcribing it in later years? probably Greek or Latin. When did Solomon build his temple? I know the Templars protected it. Who destroyed it and when?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
adjensen

adjensen

Not sure but was the Torah written in Hebraic

Of course it wasn't written in English... a language that developed long after Christianity.

The New Testament was written in Greek, the Old Testament (probably) in Hebrew, though Jesus and the Apostles used a Greek version, the Septuagint.

When did Solomon build his temple? I know the Templars protected it. Who destroyed it and when?

The First Temple was destroyed by the Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar around 587BC. And no, the Knights Templar had absolutely nothing to do with that, they didn't even exist until about a thousand years later.

edit on 14-10-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
MadMax9
reply to post by veteranhumanbeing

MadMax9
What a ramble. What are you actually asking?

Solomon conscripted workers from Isreal; 30,000, sent them to Lebanon in shifts of 10,000 men per month. Also had 70,000 commoners; laborers and 8000 stonemasons 3300 offical supervisors (according to the bible up to you to believe). The supervisor of the crews was "Adoniram", which is a another spelling of HIRAM. Sacred Geometry is the knowledge of Enoch, or Thoth instructed by an 'angel' to preserve the secrets of civilization if eminant destruction were upon us (floods,ect). Was the temple of Solomon the holder of geometrical knowledge? YES. Were its dimensions,(the incarnation SOLID matter visible in the form of 'a temple') the sacred geometrical secrets for the future human (if survived whatever next extermination) YES. WHO DESTROYED THIS MASTERPIECE OF ARCHITECTURE AND WHY WAS IT REBUILT IN ANOTHER FORM without the original sacred geometry: with a circular roof rotunda: A MOSQUE. The Kabbala holds the numbers. Is that clear enough for you?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
adjensen
vethumanbeing
adjensen

adjensen
The New Testament was written in Greek, the Old Testament (probably) in Hebrew, though Jesus and the Apostles used a Greek version, the Septuagint.

Just as I thought. Old testament (at least the first 5 books attributed to Moses) hebrew. If some of the Apostles were literate, yes I would imagine a Greek version. Jesus spoke and wrote Hebrew, Coptic and Greek, but was there not the 'oral' tradition of the Sadducee? that his disiples would have been aware of? Jesus was an Essene, his disiples were not, but they were of different locals, or traditions; at least some of them. Common language Greek.

veteranhumanbeing
When did Solomon build his temple? I know the Templars protected it. Who destroyed it and when?

adjensen
The First Temple was destroyed by the Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar around 587BC. And no, the Knights Templar had absolutely nothing to do with that, they didn't even exist until about a thousand years later.

I understand this, what exactly did they think they were protecting during the crusades in the 1200s, travelers? TO WHERE what destination Jesus's ministry in Jeruselem? What what was the state of the temple mount then, had the Koresh built the mosque by then? Who and why, they had Mecca as a birthplace. Mohammed was 670 AD, and his form of Islam prevailed for a time, I know his ministry turned into a form of Confusionism later (wise man says for social stability recognise each other as brothers and equals etc. ). His Q'uran replaced by Shia Law?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join