It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On a main shopping day Saturday during US shutdown? Gov rubbing it in!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I thought to myself last night while hearing the angry hungry mobs marching down Cherry Avenue while singing the National Anthem and taking turn with Gospel and Rap sessions in LBC, me trying hard to sleep for I get up early for work: why now?

Why not? What perfect timing, 11 days after the commencement of shutdown, why not test the people further, ruffle some more feathers...

Before the plucking? Worst yet, outgoing international wires seem to have been officially(?) shutdown also. Who knew? There doesn't seem to be any disclosure of these additional shutdowns except dealing with individual institutions. Same goes for EBT, still doesnt work for some, but does for others. How come so many years, there was never a major glitch in EBT until just now? And it seems the issue is meant to continually linger. I'm not on EBT, never been on public assistance but hope the streets aren't as rowdy as last nite. Somehow it seems like its never gonna get better from now on. Generally strangers in the streets seem ready to pounce on each other often, and the lingering tension is something I havent seen in decades, nowhere, not even right after the LA riots.
edit on 13-10-2013 by gardener because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

I think the government is playing games with people. Time for the second American Revolution.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

What should, perhaps, be more depressing and worrying to all of us is the fact that we have so very few riots. Who would have thought that American's were too beat down and scared to do something that plays to our violent nature and "take what ya can while no one's lookin" culture?

Hopefully they start next month after the new consoles come out, can you say Merry Christmas kids????

edit on 13-10-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Thorneblood

What should, perhaps, be more depressing and worrying to all of us is the fact that we have so very few riots. Who would have thought that American's were too beat down and scared to do something that plays to our violent nature and "take what ya can while no one's lookin" culture?

Hopefully they start next month after the new consoles come out, can you say Merry Christmas kids????

edit on 13-10-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

Hey now. Hands off my Xbox One. My games are just about the only thing giving me any distraction at the moment.
Mine is coming by mail anyway, so unless they hit the carrier, I will be fine.

Really though, I never understood why people riot, harm and steal from each other. If you are going to riot, do it on the Capitol Building. My neighbor isn't the cause of my problems.

Let us all take next week off and march on the Capitol. All 300 million of us.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kmb08753

I would never steal an Xbox One or it's games. I wouldn't want Microsoft to have a reason not to enslave me when they buy out Washington State and we all become peasants of the mighty King Gates.

Will Serf for Xbox!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

wouldn't that be a mistake since many merchandises such as video games distracts the masses. If the masses can't buy them then they'll be asking questions which is the last thing the government would want.
edit on 13-10-2013 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think the government is testing the "will" of the poor.

I am buying what I can, food and gear, so when the time comes. Were bugging out.

As soon as I read on FB that link was down, I went and picked up more flour, rice, and vienna sausages...

People can buy video games.

I'm buying what little gear I can afford.

I'm buying what little food I can afford.

Call me crazy. I'm used to it.

I think that in times like these people spending big money on video games and electronics is crazy.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Almost forgot, tomorrow is Columbus day, he 'discovered' America!

Some banks will be closes (Chase Bank of America, others) and US mail will not be delivered.

They picked a fine time..

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

gardener
Almost forgot, tomorrow is Columbus day, he 'discovered' America!

Some banks will be closes (Chase Bank of America, others) and US mail will not be delivered.

They picked a fine time..

Ahhhhh, your post reminded of this classic Country song

It may seem funny, but I'm not really joking. Listen to the chorus and replace Lucille with the word of your choice for Government. Scarily accurate right now.

top topics

join