It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electromagnetism, UFOs, and the Weaponization of Alien Technology

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The GUT
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Hey, don't mind me---all we need now is some patchouli, a smudge stick, and a drum circle! J/K!

It's not necessarily off-topic. I'm enjoying the discussion. Carry on.

That's awfully, jolly nice of you to make me feel all included and that...but I need to sit back and let it all sink in a while, I am still not entirely clear on what it is I am trying to get at, I need to assimilate the information so far, maybe do a little book flipping...and I am also wanting to hear what Bybyots has to say about the Form Constants.

It was Corsair I believe who mentioned the shape correlations by the way...which was kind of reiterated by Bybyots with the Form Constants...

Anyway, I am set to observer status, and will hop back on in, as and when I feel I have something more constructive, and definitely clearer, to add.

But thanks, you're a gent

edit on 26-10-2013 by KilgoreTrout because: rogue 'the'

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

My point was that agnosticism isn't a statement of belief, like "I'm agnostic about God". It's not in between atheism and theism. It can't be used to modify either one, like "agnostic (a)theism". It's a position on knowledge. When most people say they're agnostic, they really mean they don't care whether one exists. That's apatheism.

Now, we already recognize that whether a God exists is inherently unknowable. So, saying you're an "agnostic (a)theist" is redundant. You don't know, you simply believe. The semantics get a bit involved, but let's suppose for now that the two terms are separate. If "agnostics" want that statement to be meaningful, they could say they're ignostic. That is, the concept in question must be clearly defined before it can be discussed.

Yes, there are people who think they know whether a God exists. But they're simply expressing a statement of belief as one of knowledge. And that's a separate issue. Again, the semantics between "belief" and "knowledge" get much involved past this point.

edit on 26-10-2013 by RUInsane because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

The effect of the mushroom when considered in comparison to Ayahuasca is lacking. If we must look at fungi, psilicybin cubensis is a far better candidate...

I am not sure how familiar you are with the output of Terence McKenna, but under the influence of magic mushrooms in the Amazon, Terence had his own encounter with a UFO in 1971 that looked very similar to the George Adamski craft. Most of his experiences of psychedelics up to that point were internal hallucinations and ideas, but he was convinced that if other people had been around with him at the time of the sighting, they would have seen essentially the same thing. In other words, there is a cross-over between the mind and consciousness and the physical world, in regards to these Interdimensional intelligences. Taken from the stand-point of the electromagnetic spectrum, we would be talking about lifeforms and technologies existing, for the most part, in the Ultraviolet spectrum. Many of the ayahuasca visions are said to be saturated in a violet hue, and it is possible that the D-M-T effects on the pineal gland are also paralleling a dilating of the pupils to help one see into a wider spectrum of energetic fields. Ghosts and other paranormal phenomena are probably all around us, we just can't see them.

McKenna's experiences with psilocybin cubensis in the Amazon were so profound, that he and his brother brought spore samples back home to America and devised a method of growing them in jars. Gordon Wasson was the first Westerner to shed light on the ancient Mexican shamanic roots of magic mushroom use, but the McKenna brothers are directly responsible for making these mushrooms widely available. In their underground cult book, 'The Magic Mushroom Grower's Guide', they reveal that the mushroom itself is animate. It is not a drug - it is an intelligent lifeform, and it actually can speak to people in their trips, in their own language. Maria Sabina, the Mexican shaman, stated that the intelligence spoke to her in Mazatec. It spoke to Terence McKenna in English:

The mushroom speaks, and our opinions rest upon what it tells eloquently of itself in the cool night of the mind:

"I am old, older than thought in your species, which is itself fifty times older than your history. Though I have been on earth for ages I am from the stars. My home is no one planet, for many worlds scattered through the shining disc of the galaxy have conditions which allow my spores an opportunity for life. The mushroom which you see is the part of my body given to sex thrills and sun bathing, my true body is a fine network of fibers growing through the soil. These networks may cover acres and may have far more connections that the number in a human brain. My mycelial network is nearly immortal, only the sudden toxification of a planet or the explosion of its parent star can wipe me out. By means impossible to explain because of certain misconceptions in your model of reality all my mycelial networks in the galaxy are in hyperlight communication across space and time. The mycelial body is as fragile as a spider's web but the collective hypermind and memory is a vast historical archive of the career of evolving intelligence on many worlds in our spiral star swarm. Space, you see, is a vast ocean to those hardy life forms that have the ability to reproduce from spores, for spores are covered with the hardest organic substance known. Across the aeons of time and space drift many spore-forming life-forms in suspended animation for millions of years until contact is made with a suitable environment. Few such species are minded, only myself and my recently evolved near relatives have achieved the hyper-communication mode and memory capacity that makes us leading members in the community of galactic intelligence. How the hypercommunication mode operates is a secret which will not be lightly given to man. But the means should be obvious: it is the occurrence of psilocybin and psilocin in the biosynthetic pathways of my living body that opens for me and my symbiots the vision screens to many worlds. You as an individual and man as a species are on the brink of the formation of a symbiotic relationship with my genetic material that will eventually carry humanity and earth into the galactic mainstream of the higher civilizations.

Since it is not easy for you to recognize other varieties of intelligence around you, your most advanced theories of politics and society have advanced only as far as the notion of collectivism. But beyond the cohesion of the members of a species into a single social organism there lie richer and even more baroque evolutionary possibilities. Symbiosis is one of these. Symbiosis is a relation of mutual dependence and positive benefits for both of the species involved. Symbiotic relationships between myself and civilized forms of higher animals have been established many times and in many places throughout the long ages of my development. These relationships have been mutually useful; within my memory is the knowledge of hyperlight drive ships and how to build them. I will trade this knowledge for a free ticket to new worlds around suns younger and more stable than your own. To secure an eternal existence down the long river of cosmic time I again and again offer this agreement to higher beings and thereby have spread throughout the galaxy over the long millennia. A mycelial network has no organs to move the world, no hands; but higher animals with manipulative abilities can become partners with the star knowledge within me and if they act in good faith, return both themselves and their humble mushroom teacher to the million worlds all citizens of our starswarm are heir to."

edit on 2013-10-26T17:56:31-05:002013Sat, 26 Oct 2013 17:56:31 -050031pm56Sat, 26 Oct 2013 17:56:31 -050000 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Bybyots
So, this guy had kicked down to one of my best buds that there was a bit of a catch 22 to overcome in the first steps of becoming a practicing ceremonial magician. The problem being that in order to be successful one had to establish some sort of relationship with one's HGA or personal "genii" or daemon ASAP and in order to do that, the aspirant would have to engage in practices (essentially energetic practices) that send up a giant flare on the "lower astral' which attracts everything that lives there that the aspirant is not prepared to deal with. Bummer. They're hungry.

Funny that the Mage talk about these entities in different terms at different times. In some of the texts they seem as if maybe they're either embarrassed--or maybe just cautious--to speak of them as real and separate non-human intelligences.

Then in other writings they are unequivocal in that they are stand-alone forms of consciousness. Even Aquino (who I don't consider a Mage of the first order) in Corsair's thread double-spoke himself into a corner on that issue, imo.

In relation to the thread topic, I think it's fairly clear that a certain segment of the population--and especially our Aviary-connected cast of characters--tend to associate the UFO phenomenon with what we might broadly term the 'mystery school' curriculum. Those mysterious and phantasm-ically powerful 'Others' that have seemingly been here with us from recorded history.

If they were only subconscious bugaboos, I find the idea of specific 'Ritual' kind of silly and I doubt that it could prove to have much consistency.

If, on the other hand--as John Dee would assert--ritual is mixed with the 'power of Name'--then it makes somewhat more sense that we are indeed dealing with a separate intelligence and not just the 'multiple personalities' of our subconscious.

As referenced above: Our cast of characters--often world-class scientists--are delving into and mixing and associating these categories…why?

edit on 26-10-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

corsair00
Gordon Wasson was the first Westerner to shed light on the ancient Mexican shamanic roots of magic mushroom use, but the McKenna brothers are directly responsible for making these mushrooms widely available.

Intriguing post, corsair! I was hoping that somehow the shamanic discussion would attempt to address EM in some way and have been pondering what connection there might be.

These subjects always seem to come full circle in many ways. Gordon Wasson, the CIA, and MK-ULTRA are a case in point:

…Recent documents that have come to light show that the CIA’s MKULTRA subproject 58 with R. Gordon Wasson was previously undisclosed in full view to the public, and that the resulting Life Magazine article of May 13, 1957, “Seeking the Magic Mushroom”, and also This Week Magazine’s “I Ate the Sacred Mushroom” of May 19, 1957, which the CIA essentially paid for, directly resulted in and was a major player in the launching of the entire psychedelic movement, or the so-called “psychedelic revolution”.

www.gnosticmedia.com...
< br />
Have to feed the crew, but I'm anxious to get back and dig deeper into all the great offerings from everyone.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RUInsane

No. By saying I'm an agnostic theist, I am saying I believe in God, but recognize that absolute knowledge of God is unattainable.

Still fail to see the relevance here.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

As referenced above: Our cast of characters--often world-class scientists--are delving into and mixing and associating these categories…why?

I think they mix it up based on however it serves them at the moment. For me I always find it helpful to remember that these folks are a pack of writers; first and foremost. I think it serves competitive writers to keep that sort of thing in a grey area as long as it serves them to not be definitive. Know what I mean? I keep coming back to this myself: some stuff really is black & white, the power that we all seem to realize that is missing from our societies, I believe, is that ability to see that it is black and white and then decide on what is Good.

Present western philosophical thought is a current, it takes some zigs and zags here and there, but it's a single current of thought development, a long narrative, that must be engaged with on its own terms. Those terms say that there is a hierarchical system that descends from some single point and that it emanates down through the expressions of the Animus Mundi to us, and it's populated with an entire ecosystem of stuff that needs to be in place for it to work.

So, to me, it seems it would be silly to enter in to a whole career involving that stuff if a person is not willing to realize that it is all real. One has to become a character, or actor in the story.

Bergman's Seventh Seal?

Gotta run out again, Bro.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Right. But even pure theism is a statement of belief. Theists may express it as one of knowledge, but it's not the same. The issue is still agnostic at heart, no matter what you think you know. That's why it's a redundant term to me. It's the belief itself, rather than what the person thinks about it.

How "agnostic" is used doesn't matter much, in the end. Just thought I'd point it out.

edit on 26-10-2013 by RUInsane because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RUInsane

OK. Well I have my view and you yours.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Certainly. No hard feelings

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Your peacock feather profile picture reminded me of a passage from Terence McKenna's 'True Hallucinations'. A couple months ago I had actually intended on compiling a few bits of information with video of peacocks to support the idea that D-M-T-containing plants in the peacock's diet over time was potentially responsible for the light-refractive designs on its feathers.

Excerpt from 'True Hallucinations'

edit on 2013-10-26T18:21:46-05:002013Sat, 26 Oct 2013 18:21:46 -050046pm21Sat, 26 Oct 2013 18:21:46 -050000 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Wow. That was a tremendous post. And precisely the substance I was speaking of earlier that had such a profound affect on me before.

ETA: referring to the post about the humble mushroom.

ETA2: I really wish we were allowed to speak on these things freely as it really seems that this is a key component of the phenomenon. Perhaps the Gov guys are aware of this, thus the reason for its classification as a HIGHLY illegal drug. They've gone so far as to shut down University Level studies on the substance.

edit on 26-10-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Actually Western ceremonial magic is filled with references to Angels. The other part, that which is from the ancient Hebrew and Babylonian sources I recall( from earlier studies) also has Angels referenced often in their rituals.
The Western Magical tradition, other than some forms of black magic, is primarily based on the Golden Dawn that draws its magic from John Dees Enochian studies which is based on his supposed interface with the archangels.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

JayinAR
And precisely the substance I was speaking of earlier that had such a profound affect on me before.

Could you explain what you mean by "profound effect," Jay?

I'm experienced and I acknowledge what I might call 'mild gnosis.' On the other hand, I judge affects and philosophies by the positive change in character that they have on the individual. Mileage may vary on what "character" means, but I think most have a concept of what that denotes in societal terms.

If were talking about your "agnostic theist" viewpoint, that is to say some perceived enlightenment, then as was mentioned by RU, we're only dealing in the realm of opinion and again enter into areas that should probably come with a disclaimer.

Did the profundity make you more secure in yourself than you previously were? More empathetic? More honest? Humble? Or more assertive and as a result maybe more opinionated?

My concern is that you acknowledge some frightening experiences and a general mystification on what it all means, and then seem to highly recommend various experimentation. Forgive me, I value your participation, but you seem impetuous beyond your own personal knowledge and mastery.

Does that make sense? Caution, amigo, we're dealing with some pretty heavy issues here.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Blipping in again,

So, reading corsair's post which was triggered by Kilgore Trout's post which led me to think of something I meant to post to Kilgore Trout.

I occasionally get painless Visual Migraines. I was wondering if you, KG, have ever had one? They commonly produce a sort of crescent moon of scintillating stained-glass structures made of triangles in the upper part of the vision...

The first time I had one it was pretty pronounced and I was all, like, "Oh Weezy!, I'm comin' home!", till I realized what was going on.

Makes me think of the Yezidi.

edit on 26-10-2013 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Nah, nothing like that. I imagine if some things were not illegal they may be used to enact profound and lasting change upon one's character, psyche, etc.

In the case I speak of it was just a very profound experience that led me to come to acceptance with some things that seemed to be very "bad" at the time.

It is a way for some heavy duty inward reflection. To elaborate beyond that is probably against the TandC of this site. And I have had to promise good behavior. Haha

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

That's a pretty long quote that the mushroom spoketh to, McKenna. Was he automatic writing or have a notebook handy? It does have the familiar ring of, "Channeling," which is most probably related to the topics we're discussing at the moment. That is, altered-states that seem to offer us previously unaccessed personal knowledge of existence.

I'm not saying there aren't avenues of provoking thought here that might be useful, but I think we also need to be careful of "Castanedas" and keep in mind that we're not automatically talking about 'cosmic truth.' All such materials need to be questioned, right?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

JayinAR
Nah, nothing like that. I imagine if some things were not illegal they may be used to enact profound and lasting change upon one's character, psyche, etc.

In the case I speak of it was just a very profound experience that led me to come to acceptance with some things that seemed to be very "bad" at the time.

Yeah, I wouldn't argue against some medicinal uses and I think I see what you're saying now. I just wouldn't want it to seem a panacea or the only way to growth.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

The GUT

JayinAR

Yeah, I wouldn't argue against some medicinal uses and I think I see what you're saying now. I just wouldn't want it to seem a panacea or the only way to growth.

I wasn't suggesting that at all. It is one aspect of any number of paths a person could take.
Another compound which is similar, yet not quite the same, has been suggested to be used to treat alcoholism.

I can easily see how it may help.

ETA: its the same way as the brainwave generator actually. Sure, there are other ways to reach different brainwave states. There are also shortcuts.

Best believe big brother uses the shortcuts.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Well get ready for this mushroom-y Pandora's Box.

As brought up in an earlier post of mine, Francis Crick, the co-discoverer of the structure of DNA, created a theory on the origins of life which postulated that DNA itself was originally extraterrestrial, and was sent to Earth in a spaceship by an advanced intelligence from elsewhere in the galaxy.

from Wikipedia

In the early 1970s, Crick and Orgel further speculated about the possibility that the production of living systems from molecules may have been a very rare event in the universe, but once it had developed it could be spread by intelligent life forms using space travel technology, a process they called "directed panspermia".

Terence McKenna had similar views on the spores of psilocybin mushrooms. He identified that their chemical structure was an anomaly in nature, and stood out like a red flag at the molecular level as an extraterrestrial organism that wafted in through the atmosphere. He reminds people that spores can survive in outer space conditions for millions of years.

Excerpts from Terence McKenna's 1993 lecture "UFO: The Inside Outsider":

"Not all psychedelics are alike. And this very small family of compounds called the tryptamine hallucinogens bear careful examination if we're seriously interested in this question of extraterrestrial penetration of the human world. On two grounds immediately the mushroom bears looking at.

First argument - entirely a physical argument. Psilocybin is O-phosphoryl-4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine. What this means is that there is a phosphorous group substituted at the 4 position of the molecule. Now here's the headline folks: This is the ONLY 4-phosphorylated indole on this planet! On this planet. Now, if you were searching for extraterrestrial thumbprints on the biology of Earth, you would look for molecules that are unique - that don't have near relatives spread through other lifeforms. In psilocybin we have a perfect example of this. It is the only 4-phosphorylated indole known to occur in nature! Nature doesn't work like that folks, nature builds, always, on what has previously been accomplished. So this is a red flag saying at the molecular level this thing looks like an alien artifact - at the molecular level.

Now let's cut to the chase. What happens when you take 30 milligrams of this stuff? I don't know how sophisticated this audience is. People who have never taken hallucinogenic drugs but have some mild interest in it, or just in the course of generally educating yourself about reality - I think people who have never taken psychedelics think that it's sort of like dreaming while you're awake or geometric patterns. Colors - they always say "The colors, the colors!" - malarkey, the colors, forget the colors. It is not like that. Psychedelic experiences, at effective doses - not piddling doses, effective doses - are visionary scenarios. They are three-dimensional unfoldments of information that is extraordinarily complex, architectonically connected and ordered. That's not what I want to talk about. I want to talk about what is unique to psilocybin. What is unique to psilocybin is that overlaid what I just described is, big surprise: a voice. A voice. Everybody knows this who has to do with this stuff. Gordon Wasson, Richard Schultes, Albert Hoffmann - the giants know that this stuff is animate. This is not a drug. It's something that is disguising itself as a drug in order not to spread alarm. There is a voice which speaks to you in the language of your homeland - whether that be Mazatecan or English - and the voice surprises you. In other words, you cannot anticipate it.

Now of course at this point, although I don't imagine many of them have forced their way in here, the psychological school will come forward and say "Well it's a voice, typical of mental aberration. Symptom 1 of schizophrenia, a voice". Yes, yes - we are not naive, we went to the same schools you did, thank you! However, the fact that this voice is accessible to non-pathological personalities, and on demand, is highly suggestive I think. This experience is available to anyone. The thing I love about psychedelics is: no guru, no method, no teacher. You don't need any of that crap. This will work. If it doesn't work the first time, you didn't take enough. This will work. It will work on YOU Mr. MIT engineer with your diagrams of your anti-matter propulsion systems. It will work on anybody. I started out from that place.

Look at stropharia cubensis - the psychedelic mushroom. Spores are the most electron dense organic material known. The electron density of the outer case of a spore approaches that of a metal. A single mushroom in the sporulation phase can shed up to three million spores a minute for up to six weeks. I maintain, following Bracewell, that a strategy for extraterrestrial contact carried on by a super technology would take the following form. Build a probe. Give the probe the ability to replicate itself. Start these probes out from your home planet and, say at every half Au [Astronomical unit] or something, the probe replicates so that the volume of probes stays constant as the volume of space increases. If you're carrying out an exhaustive search of the galaxy for life, it's very hard to imagine a civilization that could visit every star and monitor every star over long periods of time. A much more efficient strategy would be the "phone home" strategy. You send essentially a credit card which says "If you get this message call the enclosed toll free number and immediately report your location. We will come at that point". That's I think what's going on. Human history is the effort to phone home.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join