It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electromagnetism, UFOs, and the Weaponization of Alien Technology

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+179 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Electromagnetic (EM) effects have long been associated with both UFOs and various "paranormal" phenomena for that matter. In the case of UFOs, most of us are familiar with the rather ubiquitous accounts of vehicle engines being shut down and other electrical systems being affected to the more sensational reports of immobilizing tractor beams such as reported in the case of Travis Walton…but that's only the tip of the black triangle so to speak.

The major questions this thread will address is whether a group of military-intelligence scientists and operatives have either attempted to, or actually, made contact with non-human intelligence of either the ET and/or the inter-extra-ultra-dimensional sort. If they haven't made direct contact, are they studying the phenomenon and producing technology reversed--or suggested--from such accounts? Even more specifically; are we weaponizing reverse-engineered alien tech?

The scientists and various players we'll be discussing in this thread run the gamut of belief systems in regards the nature of these topics. For example, when discussing electromagnetism we will find some who wholeheartedly believe that EM fields can facilitate close encounters with non-human intelligences, and then there are those at the other end of the spectrum who believe that EM fields can only facilitate hallucinatory or illusionary experiences that mimic anomalous contact with non-human intelligences. And some who fall somewhere between those two extremes.

All three groups, however, apparently see the potentialities inherent in the study of EM. Believers, Agnostics, and Atheists if you will. Some of the personalities herein have intriguingly pointed out that even if the topics discussed don't turn out to be related to aliens or other non-human intelligences that they still have profound implications in our search to understand human consciousness.

You, the reader, will also probably fall somewhere on that spectrum. While I will present the case for 'alien' contact and 'their' influence on certain factions within the Intelligence/Military/Military-Industrial Complex apparatuses, I would also assert that the information presented doesn't discriminate as regards any of those positions.

What I mean by that is, for example, one doesn't have to believe that any of the various programs discussed actually did involve contact with alien intelligence, only that we recognize the apparent belief systems of those involved and how they--from those beliefs--have been personally molded and the professional work that has been influenced. On any given day I, too, can vacillate on any of those positions and still personally find these subjects compelling and pertinent to our world and future.

We might also keep in mind the theory that many of our greatest scientific advancements are the result of the visionary thinkers of Science Fiction and the discoveries of Science feeding off of each other in a synergistic cycle of creativity.

Jules Verne writes From the Earth to the Moon and the next thing you know we've built rockets that took us there. Capt. Kirk flips the top on a communicator and a couple of decades later we're on our cell phones facetiming or Skyping with a friend or business contact on the other side of the globe. Our "Alien" brothers and sisters and their wondrous gadgetry have, it seems, made an impact, too.

Because of the issues herein that directly relate to both ufology and hi-technology, e.g. the reported ability of alien beings to communicate "mind-to-mind," utilize hi-tech immobilizing devices, and travel via exotic propulsion, etc. this thread will necessarily be broad-ranging.

As such, it will also be somewhat more comprehensive of the Interdimensional Hypothesis than the Extraterrestrial Hypothesis on first glance. That's not to say that any of the items discussed here dismiss the ETH but, rather, that the topics here are inclusive--and not mutually exclusive--of both hypotheses.

Mind to Mind

Of course, the creative source for these various technologies aren't exclusive to ufology, but we can be reasonably certain that the subject has made its impact.

One point I make in that regard is that the so-called "Keepers of the Weird Desk," such as Dr. Christopher "Kit" Green when at the CIA and Nick Pope at his former position with the British MOD have remained fixtures in Ufology. Colonel John B. Alexander is also a case in point.

Because of the nature of the hypothesis to be made in this thread, we'll wait until the last section to address two major forms of the UFO: The metallic disk and the "ball of light" and the evidence for their weaponization as well. That section will address both official U.S. Government and British MOD sources and reveal some hopefully interesting clues that our military/intelligence brains are attempting to engineer some unique aerial powerhouses.

Since this thread is turning out to be much larger and time intensive than I had initially imagined, I have decided to do it in installments. After the introductory, the next section Sleeping with the Enemy will present how our "weird science" factions within certain government research cliques have been fascinated with--even sometimes reported--contact with UFOs/Aliens and the manipulation of time and space.

The next section, Riders of the Storm will address and document the kind of "mass control" technology that has been conceived and engineered. Lastly, as referenced above, will be Great Balls of Fire and will document the current belief system within much of the military apparatus about the EM nature of UFOs and the surprising attempts to create aerial phenomena.

If this OP gets trolled page after page like my The Men In Black(OPs) The Aviary & UFOs thread did, just scroll past them as I will continue to offer a lot more information than we will cover today. Okay, here we go.

edit on 13-10-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

+47 more 
link   

The grand Genius of Electricity, Nikola Tesla, apparently claimed to have achieved extraterrestrial communication through EM devices:

"It was in carrying on this work that for the first time I discovered those mysterious effects which have elicited such unusual interest. I had perfected the apparatus referred to so far that from my laboratory in the Colorado mountains I could feel the pulse of the lobe, as it were, noting every electrical change that occurred within a radius of eleven hundred miles.

"I can never forget the first sensations I experienced when it dawned upon me that I had observed something possibly of incalculable consequences to mankind. I felt as though I were present at the birth of a new knowledge or the revelation of a great truth. My first observations positively terrified me as there was present in them something mysterious, not to say supernatural, and I was alone in my laboratory at night; but at that time the idea of these disturbances being intelligently controlled signals did not yet present itself to me.“

"The nature of my experiments precluded the possibility of the changes being produced by atmospheric disturbances, as has been rashly asserted by some. It was sometime afterward when the thought flashed upon my mind that the disturbances I had observed might be due to an intelligent control.

"Although I could not at the time decipher their meaning, it was impossible for me to think of them as having been entirely accidental. The feeling is constantly growing on me that I had been the first to hear the greeting of one planet to another. A purpose was behind these electrical signals."

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

We exist in an electric universe, on an electric earth, in an electrically modulated system we call the human body in which we conjure electrically charged thoughts.

It seems as if electromagnetism may relate to all of our greatest profound philosophical, physical, and metaphysical questions and mysteries.

+27 more 
link   

The electromagnetic spectrum is the range of all possible frequencies of electromagnetic radiation. The "electromagnetic spectrum" of an object has a different meaning, and is instead the characteristic distribution of electromagnetic radiation emitted or absorbed by that particular object.

The electromagnetic spectrum extends from below the low frequencies used for modern radio communication to gamma radiation at the short-wavelength (high-frequency) end, thereby covering wavelengths from thousands of kilometers down to a fraction of the size of an atom. The limit for long wavelengths is the size of the universe itself, while it is thought that the short wavelength limit is in the vicinity of the Planck length,[2] although in principle the spectrum is infinite and continuous.

en.wikipedia.org...

As many here know, ELF (Extremely Low Frequency,) and Microwaves are a part of the electromagnetic spectrum and are all forms of EMR (Electromagnetic Radiation.) "EM," often refers to any subset of the entire spectrum.

A bit about two of the major sources of electrically-charged states and forces we come into contact with on a daily basis:

Geomagnetism

Geomagnetic fields are DC fields that are produced naturally by the Earth. Although the precise mechanisms have not yet been fully worked out, it is thought that the Earth’s magnetic field is largely produced through the fluid motion of the Earth’s molten iron core (Buffett, 2000).

The circular motion of the core may give rise to electrical currents, which in turn generate a magnetic field [1]…There has been considerable evidence gathered to suggest that certain forms of human behavior (e.g., sleep disturbances, mood shifts, and increases in anxiety) may coincide with changes in the activity of the geomagnetic field (see Persinger, 1987, for a review of this evidence)

Electromagnetism

Electromagnetic fields are AC fields that are most often (but not exclusively) produced artificially by electrical power currents such as those found in our homes. In some instances, they may also be produced naturally by geophysical sources, such electricity produced through seismic pressure on conductive rock along fault zones (Persinger, 1985, 1987), and very low frequency atmospherics, which are electromagnetic pulses produced from electrical discharges after a lightning strike…Concern has also been raised over the effects that electromagnetic field exposure may have on brain functioning and resulting mental health (Paneth, 1993; O’Connor, 1993)

linkwww.publicparapsychology.org...

First a quote by Dr. Jacques Vallee on UFOs and EM (Italics mine):

First, there is a physical object. That may be a flying saucer or it may be a projection or it may be something entirely different.

All we know about it is that it represents a tremendous quantity of electromagnetic energy in a small volume.

I say that based upon the evidence gathered from traces, from electromagnetic and radar detection and from perturbations of the electromagnetic fields such as Dr. Claude Poher, the French space scientist, has recorded.

www.ufoevidence.org...

In ufology we often hear tales of reverse-engineering. I'm not sure how far along anyone is with the tall order of, say, exotic FTL propulsion, but I do believe "reverse-engineering" has possibly happened on a smaller and more reasonable scale.

The early reports of UFOs causing car engines to stall and other various effects was definitely noted by the military:

The former Chief of the Air Force UFO Investigation, Capt. Edward J. Ruppelt, asked to comment on the 1957 reports, stated: "During my tenure with Project Blue Book we had reports of radiation and induction fields in connection with UFOs, however the information was sketchy and we were never able to pin it down."

Ruppelt characterized the 1957 electromagnetic cases a "a whole new dimension to the UFO investigation."

On November 9, 1957, while these reports were still being made, the following story was put on the Associated Press newswire:

"Washington, Nov. 9 (AP) -- A device capable of disrupting the operation of motor vehicles or other mechanical equipment is one of the things the Armed Forces would like to see developed."

www.nicap.org...

+25 more 
link   
Col. John B. Alexander apparently equates--at least to some degree--non-lethal weaponry, electromagnetism, and UFOs. Lets look at a quote he made in regards to one of his, and my own, favorite UFO cases; the 1976 Tehran UFO Incident.

In referring to instances where the UFO(s) allegedly shut-down the engines of the Iranian's fighter jets and then allowed them to restart once they--apparently--were no more threat to the UFO, Colonel Alexander states:

"I know how to shut you down, but I don't know how to turn you back on again."

ufotrail.blogspot.com...

Col. John B. Alexander

Most of us come into contact with UFO reports and think, "Wow, are we alone?"

The Military Man comes into contact with such reports and thinks, "Wow, we could really dominate and kick-ass with that kind of technology!"

What military-intelligence apparatus wouldn't want the awesome and sometimes devastating "powers" that are associated with UFOs?

Tehran UFO Incident - Fighter Pilot

The Tehran UFO Incident apparently didn't go unnoticed by our nonlethal experts and the technology has been achieved. The following is just a small section of a very informative and mind-blowing document from the USAF Institute for National Security Studies titled Nonlethal Weapons: Terms and References which, of course, Col. Alexander contributed to:

Electromagnetic, Engine Kill. The use of high-powered microwaves to kill the electrical system of an engine.

Electromagnetic, High Power Microwave [HPM], Weapons. Energy generated by a conventional electromagnetic apparatus, such as a radar transmitter, or released from a conventional explosion converted into a radio-frequency weapon which causes the disruption of electronic systems. Usually an ultra-wide ban source focus due to target vulnerability considerations. HPMs can also cause human unconsciousness without permanent maiming by upsetting the neural pathways in the brain and/or death [256,278].

Electromagnetic, Interference (EMI). Flight control systems of military aircraft are sensitive to electromagnetic interference (EMI). It is suspected that several crashes of Army UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters may have resulted when they flew too near large microwave transmitters [278].

Electromagnetic, Maser. Microwave Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. A microwave generation device.

Nonlethal Weapons: Terms and References

The last sentence of the second entry above starts out all "non-lethal" warm and fuzzy and ends up rather terminal: "HPMs can also cause human unconsciousness without permanent maiming by upsetting the neural pathways in the brain and/or death."

In The Gods of Eden, author William Bramley takes a big swing at covering the history of mankind and forms the conclusion that certain segments of our society have always been under the control of warlike alien intelligence.

While I don't agree with all of his conclusions, he may have been on the right track. Are there powerful people in our military structure that have willingly let themselves--to turn a phrase--be "tuned in to the frequency" of a militaristic non-human intelligence/species that desires dominance and/or our downfall?

Which brings us to an anomaly we run across in the ufological arena and, while at first glance it may seem an odd mix, I would note, at this early point in the thread, that we will see a convergence over and over and over again of UFOs, Alien Contact, Remote Viewing, PSI, High Strangeness, Non-Lethal Weaponry, and the Intelligence Community to include, especially, its Scientific arm.

A strange brew indeed but, whoops, there it is.

+26 more 
link   

SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY

Human beings are under the control of a strange force that bends them in absurd ways, forcing them to play a role in a bizarre game of deception.

~ Dr. Jacques Vallee, Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cults

Speaking of control, strange forces, deception, and absurdity, I'm personally hard-pressed to find a greater example of the potential for such "control systems" than the convergence of the intelligence apparatus, the military, the military-industrial complex and the so-called "weird sciences."

A little later in this section, we'll be taking a good look at the military/intelligence Remote Viewing programs. It's there that some pretty interesting--and pretty freaky--UFO stories and reports of alien communication/contact can be found. Some of it sent rare chills up my spine for a myriad of reasons.

I think most ATS members will find that aspect of the subject fascinating as well. And, for those of you familiar with the subject, I'm not talking about the always questionable information from Ed Dames at all, but the reports and experiences of remote viewings super-stars such as Joseph McMoneagle, Pat Price, and Tom Nance.

This would be a good time to call attention to the fact that in addition to UFOs, EM/ELF, PSI, Military-Intelligence, and Non-Lethal Weaponry all having a strange and persistent convergence, we will also note the recurring and ubiquitous presence in these discussions of Col. John B.Alexander, Dr. Christopher "Kit" Green, Dr. Hal Puthoff, and Dr. Jacques Vallee. Most of you are aware that these extremely brilliant and influential folk are also associated with the so-called Aviary.

ALL of the above personnel have and/or currently hold high security clearances in a variety of positions including the CIA and NSA and were also on the NIDS (National Institute of Discovery Sciences) advisory board/team.

Robert Bigelow

Very germane to the overall thesis of this OP is the NIDS investigation of Skinwalker Ranch--and the mysterious and intriguing work of Robert Bigelow and Bigelow Aerospace--which we will be taking a hard look at later in this thread.

Bigelow Aerospace Logo

It was important , for my own research, to look at and trace the overall picture of our government's association with, and study of, phenomenology and the direct historical lineage from some of the MK-ULTRA programs to Remote Viewing.

My own major questions in this particular avenue of research centered around whether the remote viewing cadre were just psychological and neuroscience experimentation subjects hidden under the guise of phenomenological/paranormal research, or if PSI abilities were the primary and actual goal?

Further, what kind of EM fields were these subjects exposed to and for what purposes? Did high-technology actually facilitate the purported abilities? Were their physical and mental health compromised in the course of the experimentation? The documentation seems to suggest a little of all the above!

Most of us know that fear--in common with most subjects--is a continuum. On the one end we have "healthy fears," and on the other end we have paranoia and the darker recesses of the human mind. TPTB often label us, especially those they regard as "conspiracy theorists," as "paranoid. The bigger truth is that paranoia has run much deeper through the the halls of the Pentagon and the alphabet agencies than it has through the ranks of us "common folk." It continues to this day. Fear and paranoia are often the precursors of "The Evil that Men Do":

Through no verbal conjuration or subjective gymnastics of my own making but, rather, by following the extant literature, investigative journalism reports, and official declassified or leaked documentation we can't help--as we'll see--but to mix the controversial subject of so-called "mind-control" technologies with the "technologies" of Remote Viewing and associated subjects.

A little later in the section titled Riders of the Storm we'll get into the documentation of some of the "mind" weaponry that has been devised and theorized by the intel scientists and the military-industrial complex, as well as actual weaponry that is known to exist. As we move forward, keep in mind the following: Cutting-edge technology must be tested. If that's true…then on whom, where, and how?

Firstly, however, it seems appropriate that we take a peek behind the curtain at some of the mind science that has lead to a portion of this technology. It's a dark area where the un-refutable connections between MK-ULTRA, Remote Viewing, Electromagnetism, Occult Knowledge & Practices, and "Alien Intelligences" converge with hi-technology and science.

Dark recesses where the dark arts prosper and dark entities whisper in the ears of men. The realm of our modern "alchemists."

In a speech before the National Alumni Conference at Princeton University on April 10, 1953, newly appointed CIA director Allen Dulles lectured his audience on "how sinister the battle for men's minds had become in Soviet hands."

The human mind, Dulles warned, was a "malleable tool," and the Red Menace had secretly developed "brain perversion techniques." Some of these methods were "so subtle and so abhorrent to our way of life that we have recoiled from facing up to them."

Dulles continued, "The minds of selected individuals who are subjected to such treatment ... are deprived of the ability to state their own thoughts. Parrot-like, the individuals so conditioned can merely repeat the thoughts which have been implanted in their minds by suggestion from outside. In effect the brain ... becomes a phonograph playing a disc put on its spindle by an outside genius over which it has no control."

Three days after delivering this address Dulles authorized Operation MK-ULTRA, the CIA's major drug and mind control program during the Cold War.

www.american-buddha.com...

The groundbreaking architects of fear: Allen Dulles, James Jesus Angleton, and Senator Joseph McCarthy are dead and gone. The cry of "Terrorism" has superseded the Red Scare. The impetus for military superiority and the advantages of novel technologies is, it seems, ever-present and comes with economical benefit to the victors to boot. The pursuit of military superiority and full-spectrum dominance has taken our nation down some very strange paths.

edit on 14-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: edit requested for text correction

+29 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Before we delve into remote viewing and the rather voluminous and provocative UFO and extraterrestrial content that came from that research, we'll look at one figure associated with the Aviary crowd that demonstrates the breadth of the phenomenological research engaged by various government agencies and research projects.

Col. John B. Alexander, in his professional & personal activities, is very representative of how UFOs, Remote Viewing, EM/ELF, Non-Lethal Weaponry, and PSI have somehow become tied at the hip.

Remote Viewing Pioneer Dr. Hal Puthoff & Dr. Alexander

Long considered an expert on UFOs, phenomenology, and non-lethal weaponry, let's look at some tidbits from his own introduction in the recent ATS AMA thread My name is John B. Alexander, Ph.D. I’ve researched many controversial topics. Ask me anything:

For 32 years I served in the Army entering as a private, rising to sergeant first class (E7), attending Officers Candidate School, was commissioned as a second lieutenant and became a colonel before I retired in 1988. My varied assignments were mostly in special operations, intelligence, and research and development. I am a Special Forces combat commander, Ranger, Pathfinder, underwater operations qualified, and later served under contract as a mentor to the senior MOD leadership in Afghanistan…

…I have had four books published and written many scientific articles on a broad range of topics from non-lethal weapons and geopolitics, to remote viewing, near death experiences and UFOs. As a senior fellow at defense universities I have published monographs on the changing nature of war, intelligence shortfalls in Central and South America, emerging conflicts in Africa, and the convergence of functions between special operations forces and civilian law enforcement agencies…

…My book, UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies, and Realities, is based on an ad hoc group I formed decades ago to study the topic. Participants came from all services, several intelligence agencies, and aerospace industries.

So, there we have it in his own words: Military Intelligence, Non-Lethal Weaponry, Remote Viewing, and UFOs. The Colonel is definitely an impressive man. Let's see if we can take those vitae details--and other information--and collate them into a narrative that can answer some of the burning questions that most of us here have about our world, our futures, and the mysteries therein. First a bit more about the Colonel:

"Last year, Alexander organized a national conference devoted to researching 'reports of ritual abuse, near-death experiences, human contacts with extraterrestrial aliens and other so-called anomalous experiences,' ...

... He was an official representative for the Silva mind control organization and a lecturer on precataclysmic civilizations ... [and] he helped perform ESP experiments with dolphins.'" (Aftergood, Steven, "The Soft-Kill Fallacy", Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, 9-10/1994, v50, n5, p40)

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

And did we mention he taught neuro-linguistic programmingen.wikipedia.org... (NLP) to Al Gore?

With such a broad base of experience, official access, and expertise, it's probably no surprise that Col. Alexander has gone on record both here in his AMA thread and in his newest book with a UFO philosophy that closely resembles the Interdimensional Hypothesis put forth by his good and longtime friend and associate Dr. Jacques Vallee.

Jacques Vallee also, it should be noted, wrote the forward for the Colonel's book UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies, and Realities.

In addition to the subject of non-lethal weapons and UFOs, the Colonel also holds an appreciation and interest in electromagnetically derived anti-gravity and PSI anomalies as evidenced in his support of John Hutchison in the Fortean Times article/interview titled Paranormal Soldier by Jim Schnabel.

No matter what any of us might personally feel about Hutchison and his "Hutchison Effect," it's Colonel Alexander's perception that is germane to the topic as noted here:

JS: One of the less well-known phenomena you looked into, in those days, was the so-called Hutchison Effect [see FT92:25], in which a Canad­ian inventor, John Hutchison, claimed to be able to create some kind of previously undescribed force that could levitate objects, among other things.

JA: George Hathaway, a Canadian electrical engineer, came down to Washington with a friend of Hutchison’s named Alex Pezarro, and showed us an 8-millimeter film they had made of Hutchison’s phenomena.

And on this tape there wasn’t just one thing going on that on its own might have been explained easily – there were a host of things going on. For instance, there was a rat-tail file, held between two wooden boards, that lit up like an incandescent light and actually burned, although according to Hathaway and Pezarro it didn’t burn the wooden boards.

And they said that as soon as the power went off, the file was cold. There also were things that apparently levitated. There were pieces of case-hardened steel that went soft as lead at one end. And Hathaway and Pezarro said that they were witnesses to many events.

We said, okay, can you replicate it? 

And we paid them to work with Hutchison to do that, and at a certain point we sent a couple of guys up there from Los Alamos [National Laboratory] and some others from INSCOM.

I arrived a day early, and they said, wow, we just had levitation, and we just turned the system off, haven’t touched a thing. So the idea was that the next day we’d turn it back on when the scientists came. Well, the scientists came and they turned it back on and absolutely nothing happened. Except that the power supply caught fire. They took a day to get a new one in, and turned it on and we watched – and again, nothing happened.

JS: You never knew what to make of it?

JA: I think events happened, but I can’t explain them. My key question to Hutchison was: “Are you part of the system?” Because I suspected that these were poltergeist-type phenomena.

One of the usual factors in poltergeist phenomena is emotionally disturbed people. And when I knew him, Hutchison was on methadone.

By the way, all this had started because he liked to sit in the dark and watch sparks. So he had set up Van de Graaf generators and Tesla coils and Jacob’s Ladders and stuff like that. He said that the effects he initially came up with were accidental. 

And when I asked him whether he was part of the system, he said, “Yes.” So I really wondered if what we had was a guy doing poltergeist phenomena in a lab. At the time at INSCOM I already had been looking into psychokinesis.

Paranormal Soldier: John Alexanderwww.forteantimes.com...

"Are you part of the system," Col. Alexander asked John Hutchison?

Rather freaky question, eh? What system?

Are you part of the system, Colonel Alexander?

+15 more 
link   
We also know that that EM fields have been associated with both high-strangeness effects and UFOs. Michael Persinger initially thought his God Helmet put a totally materialistic spin on what we might call "paranormal" phenomenon.

Next thing you know he's changed his tune and is beaming remote viewing co-pioneer Ingo Swann's brain with EM fields and positing a more "quantum consciousness" theory supportive of PSIen.wikipedia.org...(parapsychology) phenomena.

Michael Persinger, First "God Helmet," and Subject

In 1974 Persinger proposed that extremely low frequency (ELF) electromagnetic waves may be able to carry telepathic and clairvoyant information. Persinger has published reports of rudimentary 'telepathic' communication between pairs of subjects in the laboratory.

He has also published increases in remote viewing accuracy of remote viewer Ingo Swann, as measured by a group of ratings of congruence (between Swann's drawings and the locale being 'viewed') by 40 experimentally blind participants during stimulation with complex magnetic fields using a circumcerebral (around the head) eight-channel system.

en.wikipedia.org...

Colonel Alexander commented on Dr. Michael Persinger in his recent AMA thread:

I have met Perisnger, but not tried the helmet. However, the work Bob Monroe was doing was quite similar. He was a personal friend and I did use his system.

The bigger question is a chicken and egg one. That is, did the device cause the experience or just facilitate it happening.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Man, there's a lot of meat , methinks, in that short reply. Lets take the second half about the "chicken and the egg" first: What is the role of EM fields in anomalous experience?

Alexander brings up another interesting name, Robert Monroe, and suggests Monroe's own experimentation of EM fields on the human brain.

It would seem important to note here that the cadre/subjects in the government sponsored Remote Viewing program were classified as Human Use Experimentation which we'll address in more depth after our initial peek at Bob Monroe.

Robert "Bob" Monroe
As mentioned before Remote Viewing is an area where ALL the anomalous topics seemingly slam together in breathtaking convergence: The weaponization of PSI/Clairvoyance for intelligence purposes, UFOs, ET and other forms of non-human intelligence, Electromagnetism, and much, much more.

Robert Monroe and his Monroe Institute were under a highly classified and ultra-secretive contract with the U.S. Government and used as a sort of "primer" for the Project Grill Flame remote viewers to receive--among other things--instruction in out-of-body experiences aided by experimental technology.

INSCOM head General Albert Stubblebine was also a supporter and attendant at the institute and sent members of his staff for training as well:

Atwater became a regular visitor to the institute, as did Joe McMoneagle, and Colonel John Alexander…Students in the main course, Gateway Voyage, would lie in small, darkened cubicles--"Controlled Holistic Environmental Chambers"--for several hours a day, for five days straight.

They lay semi- or completely naked, under blankets, listening to Hemi-Sync tapes and experiencing weird visual phenomena, or disembodied voices, or vivd memory flashbacks, or full-blown OBE's...

Remote Viewers: The Secret History of America's Psychic Spies

Whether participant, or outside observer, the mention of "entity contact" comes up time and again:

A reporter for The Hook, weekly newspaper for Charlottesville, Virginia, who visited The Monroe Institute said, "...with a few exceptions, the only 'normal' people with whom I could fully identify were the trainers, who seemed remarkably well-grounded for people whose day-to-day experiences include astral projection and disembodied spirits".

The reporter also concluded that "there is something significant being developed at the Institute. Whether it's just a brilliant guided meditation (complete with trance-inducing stereoscopic sound) or a doorway to a world of spirit entities, I cannot say".

en.wikipedia.org...

+19 more 
link   
The Monroe Institute

Lets take a closer look at Robert "Bob" Monroe of OBE (Out Of Body) fame, his institute, and its relationship to Remote Viewing and his observations about Electromagnetics in regards phenomenology.

In the excellent and highly recommended book Ufos Psychic Close Encounters: The Electromagnetic Indictment author Albert Budden relates two incidents from Robert Monroe's diaries:

7/7/60. Afternoon. This was an experiment I don't want to try again. I was in the charged Faraday cage [copper screen mesh, above ground, D.C. charge: 50 kv. I got out of the physical (body). Ok, then I seemed to be entangled in a large bag made of flexible wire.

The bag gave when I pushed against it, but I couldn't get through it. I struggled like a trapped animal in a snare, and finally went back into the physical. In thinking it over, quite evidently it was not the wire itself, but the electric field pattern set up in fundamentally the same shape as the cage, but more flexible. Maybe this could be the basis for a 'ghost-catcher'!

10/30/60. At about three-fifteen I lay down with the intent of going to visit E.W. in his house some five miles distant. After some difficulty, I managed to move into the vibrational state, then out into the room, away from the physical.

With mental aim at E.W. I took off and moved slowly (comparatively.) I suddenly found myself over a busy street, moving slowly about twenty-five feet above the sidewalk (just above the top edge of the second-story windows). I recognized the street to be the main street of the town, and recognized the block and corner over which I passed. I drifted along the sidewalk for several minutes, and noticed a filling station on the corner, where a white car had both wheels off in front of the two open grease rack doors.

I was disappointed in that I had not gone to E.W., my destination. Seeing nothing else of interest, I decided to return to the physical, and did so without incident. Upon return I sat up and tried to analyze why I had not gone where I intended. On an impulse I got up, went down to the garage, and drove the five miles to his town. My thought was at least to make the trip profitable, and check on what I saw.

I got to the same corner on Main Street, and there was the white car in front of the two open doors. Little evidential pieces like that help! I looked up at the approximate position I had been over the sidewalk, and got a surprise. At just about the exact height I had floated over the sidewalk were power primaries containing fairly high voltage electrical current. Do electrical fields attract this second body? Is this the medium through which it travels?

As we'll see in the following excerpt regarding just a couple of Bob Monroe's and all-star remote viewer Joseph McMoneagle's experiences, "contact" with anomalous beings is part and parcel of the training and results from practicing these techniques. It turned out to often be a horrifying and psychologically dangerous experience for many of the remote viewing team.

Down at Monroe, on the Gateway Course, Ed Dames and his fellow trainees heard the stories about McMoneagle's OBE's---plus some stranger ones.

One time, for example, Bob Monroe had given Joe McMoneagle a target to remote-view, and McMoneagle had described an evolution-promoting energy being who had somehow come to Earth many years ago…

Another less well-known entity, "Miranon," from somewhere else in space and time, seemed actually to possess Bob Monroe one day in the early 80's, speaking through him like a spirit through a medium. In effect, Monroe's OBE session had turned into a "channeling" session…

And, so, we return to Col. Alexander's "chicken or egg" question: "The bigger question is a chicken and egg one. That is, did the device cause the experience or just facilitate it happening. "

Plus, a question of my own: Just what were the totality of the devices and/or EM technology used? That Robert Monroe was just as keen on incorporating technology into his experiments as the government lads were--especially of the electromagnetic and "brain hacks" sort--is established throughout the various literature.

It's probably safe to say that his personal interest in phenomenology, as well as the institute's government contract also combined to make him open to suggestions from the world-class scientists associated with the project and these very questions. The body electric and related EM field effects/phenomena was--at the very least and without doubt--certainly always of interest:

…Monroe and his staff would sit in a control room outside monitoring McMoneagle's state of consciousness via a number of electrical leads connected to his body.

One set measured the electrical resistance of his skin; another the voltage between his head and toes...They taught the beefy warrant officer to have OBE's at will, and found that when he did so, the voltage between his head and toes suddenly reversed. Why that should have been, no one seemed to know.

+15 more 
link   
Now, finally, we come to the Remote Viewers experiences and reports regarding UFOs, contact with Alien Intelligences, and the reported bending and manipulation of Time & Space. Both back in tha' day and into the present, many of those associated with the remote viewing projects at both SRI and Ft. Meade, often downplay these aspects.

There are a couple of reasons for that, however, the more one digs into their story the more apparent it becomes of just how much a part of--and how personally important--the UFO/E.T. aspect was for all of the major players.

The UFO question was an aspect that was deeply ingrained in the remote viewing project from the very beginning considering that the 3 "architects" who developed the RV program were high-level Scientologists: Hal Puthoff, Ingo Swann, and Pat Price.

For those who might not be aware, the most closely guarded secrets and "cosmic truths" of the religion of Scientology--only revealed after much training--is an EPIC story that begins long, long ago on a planet far, far away:

Xenu was, according to Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, the dictator of the "Galactic Confederacy" who 75 million years ago brought billions of his people to Earth (then known as "Teegeeack") in a DC-8-like spacecraft, stacked them around volcanoes and killed them using hydrogen bombs.

Official Scientology scriptures hold that the essences of these many people remained, and that they form around people in modern times, causing them spiritual harm….

…The narrative of Xenu is part of Scientologist teachings about extraterrestrial civilizations and alien interventions in earthly events…Hubbard detailed the story in Operating Thetan level III (OT III) in 1967…

…Within the Church of Scientology, the Xenu story is part of the church's secret "Advanced Technology", considered a sacred and esoteric teaching…

…academic scholars have discussed and analyzed the writings by Hubbard and their place within Scientology within the contexts of science fiction, UFO religions, gnosticism and creation myth...

en.wikipedia.org...

Puthoff took an interest in the Church of Scientology in the late 1960s and reached what was then the top OT VII level by 1971. Puthoff wrote up his "wins" for a Scientology publication, claiming to have achieved "remote viewing" abilities.

In 1974, Puthoff also wrote a piece for Scientology's Celebrity magazine, stating that Scientology had given him "a feeling of absolute fearlessness".

en.wikipedia.org...

Dr. Hal Puthoff and Ingo Swann

Many in the Church of Scientology have an apparently legitimate gripe that remote viewing is actually their own technology and that they've failed to be given credit: Scientology/Remote Viewing Timeline

Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard was no stranger to alien communication and many of you are familiar with his connections to Aleister Crowley and the mega-ritual L. Ron Hubbard performed with Crowley's Master of Agape Lodge OTO, pioneer Rocket Scientist, and co-founder of the Jet Propulsion Lab, Jack Parsons, known as the Babylon Working----said by some to have ushered in the modern UFO-era circa 1947.

For those unfamiliar with the story here's a start:

The strangely true connection between Scientology, the Jet Propulsion Lab, and Occult Sorcery

Aleister Crowley, Jack Parsons, L. Ron Hubbard

Hubbard was also a Navy Intelligence Officer with ONI. The ONI (Office of Naval Intelligence) itself has quite an intriguing and ubiquitous history as regards ufology, phenomenology, and the weird sciences. Shooo-wee…the Intelligence Apparatus & High Strangeness…It's a literal crossfire of connections and synchronicities, and no wonder some call it the Military-Occult Complex!

While Hubbard, Parsons, and the ONI certainly have a significant place in the topics discussed here, we'll save it for the after discussion for any of you who might be interested in knowing more or for those of you that already have a lot of knowledge in these areas and will hopefully share it with us here.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Okay, back to remote viewing and UFOs. The first and longtime project manager for the Army's Ft. Meade contingent of RV'ers, Lt. Frederick "Skip" Atwater (who after retirement went on to become Director of the Monroe Institute) had the following to say about one of the reasons that the remote viewer's UFO experiences were kept rather hush-hush:

The controversy surrounding the use of remote viewing for exploring these topics is worth mentioning.  From some scientist's perspective, such targets are a detriment to acceptance of remote viewing.  Their view seems to be that comparing a viewer's description with an observable object or location will eventually lead to an understanding of the phenomena and its acceptance as a valid human perceptual ability.

With UFO targets there is hardly ever anything to compare with a remote viewer's description.  Additionally, any association with the UFO phenomena may be seen by some as pejorative and, therefore, best avoided.

Alternatively, more adventuresome folks who feel that since remote-viewing surveillance is unbound by the constraints of time and space (as we understand them) believe it is the ideal technique for exploring the extraterrestrial and UFO realm…My feeling is that the use of remote-viewing surveillance as a corroborative information source concerning UFO reports is appropriate.

www.monroeinstitute.org...

The behind-the-scenes and lifelong interest in ufology of the RV crew itself was a different matter. Dr. Hal Puthoff, Skip Atwater, and a number of the "taskers" and clients took a keen interest in having the viewers develop intelligence on various UFO/Alien targets. From the very beginning, these experiences and viewings were spontaneously happening anyway. More from Skip Atwater on the subject:

June 1980 (only actual operational mission involving UFO?) -- Targeting cue: KH-11 photograph in sealed envelope in separate building. Remote viewer, Joe McMoneagle, described the following:

Hard metallic object with observation ports evident across the top as well as the underside; outer edges rotating at high speed and the object was in the process of making a ninety-degree turn; object traveling about forty-five hundred miles per hour and about fourteen thousand feet altitude; mode of power was a form of electromagnetically controlled fluid plasma.

October 1983 (training target) -- Targeting cue: geographic coordinates of Clearwater Lake, Missouri and the date March 27, 1973.  Remote viewer, Joe McMoneagle, described the following:

Just see a white streak of light across my northwest.  See some others, three or four.  Seems to go to the ground and stop.  Slits blinking, looks like an explosion, some kind of violent explosion, but it's a strange from.  It folds in instead of out.  Getting like a strange ... a, wait a minute ... like an abnormal energy source of some kind.  It folds in instead of out, like dematerializing. 

See another streak going away to the mountain, turning sharp right, heading south, southwest.  See two others, now they're just lights, like cones hovering.  Ah, wait a minute, I'm having trouble ... I keep trying to get close and I can't; it's something strange about time, different time formats.  I don't understand.  Wait a minute.  The light is hollow, like reflection.  See multiple figure eights tied together.  I'm getting really confused. A place is right date but lights are wrong date.  It's like one's not, not a real participant in reality. 

I'm turning a light into a large disk or oblong ... it's changing shape. 

Joe went on to describe a powerful encounter with a being and became somewhat disoriented.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Then there's this:

October 1983 (training target) -- Targeting cue: geographic coordinates of the Gulf of San Matias, Argentina and the instruction event of interest, 1981.  Remote viewers Joe McMoneagle and Tom Nance, using two different remote-viewing techniques, both described their impressions as follows: 

Joe described an extraordinary event involving an abandon military ship ... Some very high energies there that just caused terror, complete panic, they didn't even know what the hell happened.  They just went into a panic.  This is stupid.  The ship is surrounded by blue and gray fog.  The energy is not even electronic; it's not even and electrical.  It just robbed the people of their senses, isolating their ship and the people in it.  The people lost control of themselves.   The blue gray fog is intentionally limited to the ship in an area surrounding the ship. I really don't want to pursue this anymore. 

It's coming, it's coming from-beaming from an outside source; overhead.  There's an attack by something on that damned vessel.  There's an unexplainable loss of crew.  There is a wandering of the vessel, unmanned with some remnants of crew on board with no sign of life.  There is an energy source from outside that caused this.  It comes from, for the lack of a better term, a vessel.  The vessel was able to hover in an area and caused this to happen.

Tom was trained by Ingo Swann in the CRV technique and was an excellent remote viewer.  He reported a strange billowy energy cloud that evoked a fear response.  He wanted to stay away from it.

I find it extremely interesting that more than two-years later, as seen below, the same apparent "target" is viewed again by a different viewer.

I've done little digging trying to figure out the "event" referenced here, but if the date is "1981" I'm not coming up with specifics. Some hints maybe, but overall it's hazy.(If anyone knows what UFO event this references, please share it!)

April 1985 (training target) -- Targeting cue: geographic coordinates of the Gulf of San Matias, Argentina and the instruction event of interest, 1981.  Remote viewers Paul Smith and Bill Ray were both trained by Ingo Swann and described the target as follows: 

Ray's explicit summary ... On an ocean a short distance from a coast in 1981 there is a ship.  This ship has a military feeling.  It is smaller than a destroyer.  There are only men aboard.  They are wearing clean white uniforms -- maybe white shorts.  The men are young for the most part, and are athletic.  They are on a routine mission. 

There is a second group of people involved. They are in a large, shiny, metallic, silver craft. The second group of people are unemotional, programmed, ordered, disciplined, interlinked, interconnected, interrelated, and intertwined.  They are cold and unpleasant.  They are lean, sterile and white (not further identified).  They are returning and gathering (not further explained). 

I get no impression of any sex differences among these people. The afternoon is sunny and bright.  The ocean is calm.  The men on the military boat go to a state of alert, like battle stations. There is a routine feeling here.  This is preplanned and has been rehearsed.  There is a feeling of confidence.  Everyone knows their jobs and the man in charge knows what he is doing. Time passes. 

Around sunset or early evening I think, an unexpected event occurs.  A shadow falls across the boat.  The water is tossing and rising in the vicinity of the boat.  It looks almost like the sea is boiling.  There is mist, vapor and steam around the boat.  The mist is damp and is of several colors.  I do not recall what these colors are and I feel that it is not important. 

There is complete panic and confusion on the boat.  Men are scrambling and hollering and many are running anxiously.  Others are terrified and screaming but remain where they are at their stations.  The ship smells of insanity and fear.  No one knows what to do.  No one can take charge.  There is a feeling, not a color, of red and black like a photograph negative.  I cannot explain that any better.  There is a tremendous feeling of gravity here; skin is pulled tight across the cheekbones.  Arms are incredibly heavy and I have a difficult time moving my feet off the deck. 

I believe all this turmoil is being caused by the cold unemotional group of people in the strange shaped craft, which is hovering over the ship.  After a time the strange shaped craft rises up and goes west over the land and all becomes calm and quiet.  In the morning it is brisk.  There is a salty, clean wind blowing from the north I believe.

The ship is floating in the water quiet and empty, with no living person on board.  There is a feeling of entering the craft.  This entering is forced and temporary.  The Attributes (a Stage V remote-viewing term) of this entering are several and previous, up and light, is resistant and is not resistant.  The Subject (a Stage V remote-viewing term) of this entering is experiment and learning.

The Topics (a Stage V remote-viewing term) are ongoing, biological, developing, encompassing, scientific, social, material, research, categorizing, and cataloging. 

There is something important underwater near the site, something to do with bubbles and spheres.  This underwater thing is oblong, metallic, hidden, sensitive, secretive, selective colony.  Its Subject is life and ecology.  Its Topics are deep, dark, sustaining, nourishing, acrobetic [sic], elongated, and saline.

Smith had a short session and had to quit after being overwhelmed by an AOL Drive (it turned out to be AOL/Signal) of a UFO incident involving a cloud and a ship.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Dr Christopher "Kit" Green, Pat Price, and Hal Puthoff

Next, Scientologist and RV superstar Pat Price tweaks the RV team's freak with reports of underground UFO bases on earth:

On August 13, 1977, the Chicago Tribune reported:

CIA Director Stansfield Turner has disclosed that the agency found a man who could "see" what was going on anywhere in the world through his psychic powers. Scientists and officials would show the man a picture of a place and he would then describe any activity going on there at that time. The tight-lipped CIA chief wouldn't reveal how accurate the man was, but said the agency dropped the project in 1975. "He died," Turner said, "and we haven't heard from him since."

In addition to his dedicated and successful service to U.S. Government intelligence services, Pat Price believed that extraterrestrial beings had established bases under the surface of the earth at four different geographical locations.

In support of this notion, Pat (unofficially) remote viewed these locations and reported his findings to Harold E. Puthoff, Ph.D., formerly of SRI International and the principle scientific investigator for Project SCANATE.

Nearly a decade later these same locations were (unofficially) remote viewed by trained intelligence professionals from the secret U.S. Army Intelligence remote-viewing program, codename STAR GATE. The corroborative findings of the later effort by a cadre of highly trained remote viewers (intelligence professionals) has broad implications in the understanding UFO phenomena and other events surrounding the question of extraterrestrial life forms.

Remote Viewing Mars:

Working under a classified contract from the secret U.S. Army Intelligence remote-viewing surveillance program, Bob Monroe trained Joe McMoneagle, one of the best remote viewers in the government's STAR GATE program, in the use of the Monroe audio support technology.  During these training sessions, Monroe worked one-on-one with Joe, experimenting with him and teaching him how to access different levels of arousal…

…The final ingredient in this training recipe was the addition of an audio technology capable of altering one's state of consciousness or first-person experience by altering the brain's cortical level of arousal...

...During these sessions Skip and Bob were able to monitor physiological changes from electrodes placed on Joe's fingers.  During one of audit sessions, Skip decided to use geographic coordinates of some unusual formations, possibly artificial structures, on the planet Mars.  Dr. Puthoff from SRI in Menlo Park had provided him with these coordinates some years earlier and he had been waiting for an opportunity to use them. 

Joe reclined with headphones in a soundproofed, darkened room in the lab at The Monroe Institute and Bob Monroe and Skip Atwater sat in the adjacent control room.

..Bob adjusted Joe's audio patterns. Joe seemed very deep (slowed respiration; slurred speech; incomplete sentences) -- a good sign.  He usually did well when he really got into the process.  When he began to describe an arid climate in some distant place, Skip knew he was probably on target. 

Skip reviewed the list of Martian coordinates provided by Dr. Puthoff and directed Joe to "move" in time to the period designated in the sealed envelope, then from his present locale (so to speak) to the next set of coordinates on the list.

...Perceiving the time period one million years BC Joe reported the "aftereffect of a major geologic problem." 

When asked to move to a time before the geologic problem (perhaps thousands or tens or hundreds of thousands of years) he reported a "total difference" in the terrain.  He also found a "shadow" of "very large" people.  Joe went on to explain that by "shadow" he meant that they weren't there anymore.  Once again I asked Joe to move, to remote view, back in time-to the period when the people were still there (again, perhaps thousands or tens or hundreds of thousands of years).  Joe described "very large people" who were "wearing very strange clothes" and much more about what happened to them.  

As it turned out Joe described eight different coordinate-designated locations on Mars.

...At one point Joe was in telepathic contact with one of the Martians.  During this deep-contact period Joe's skin-potential voltage (measured from finger electrodes) reversed polarity-crossing the zero or null point-indicating a discrete shift in perception.

After the session Bob and Skip debriefed Joe before revealing the contents of the sealed envelope.  Joe reiterated his feeling of having been "a long way off" and that this session was very different than his previous remote-viewing experiences.  Joe did a great job during this audit session.

The importance of this remote viewing for Joe McMoneagle (and the rest of us) extends far beyond the implications it may have for the exploration of the planet Mars in the 21st Century. Joe was able to extend his consciousness across millions of miles and millions of years (in terms of space/time reality).

This must have had a tremendous impact on Joe's concept of self.  He not only experienced his consciousness extending beyond the confines of his physical body, but also reaching across our solar system, spanning millennia, and bonding (telepathically?) with another being.  If this is an example of what we as human beings are capable of, then just who are we?

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Now let's back up a bit to the very beginning of the remote viewing projects. It was previously mentioned that the military arm of the remote viewing project(s) were deemed "Human Use Experimentation". It's here that we can start to put some of the very disturbing puzzle pieces we've discussed so far together.

The initial funding for the remote viewing projects came from MK-ULTRA Chief Dr. Sidney Gottlieb and the MK connections run rampant throughout the program.

That's not to say that there wasn't a true interest in psi ability--in addition to the darker and unsavory aspects of the programs--but rather that some of the human consciousness mind-control-type techniques studied were believed to be, at least nominally, in someway related to clairvoyance and "action-at-a-distance" to include the attempt to psychically influence "enemy" minds.

Dr. Sidney Gottlieb, CIA, MK-ULTRA, Remote Viewing

Though the most prominently discussed aspect of MKULTRA is the CIA's '___' work, the program included many other unusual investigations relating to the science of mind control. CIA researchers probed the potential of numerous parapsychological phenomena, including hypnosis, telepathy, precognition, photokinesis and "remote viewing."

all.net...

A bit more on how that tied to fear and paranoia and the "Red Scare":

When the CIA learned of these studies the obvious question was, ‘Do we have such a potential?' At this juncture, the United States did not have such a capability, nor had they ever really considered it−until now. If all these other "agencies" are involved, then why we not involved? It was clear that the principal intelligence agency for the United States needed to "catch up" to the intelligence collection efforts of the others−at least in this "alternative" method of gathering intelligence.

Late in 1972, CIA scientist Sidney Gottlieb, Chief of the Technical Services Division procured a rather large monetary endowment to initiate the research project that began it all. If the Soviets, and the others were as heavily involved in this research as was being reported−the National Security of the United States could be in jeopardy. Probably, the simple notion that this "eerie capability" might really be out there; and the possibility that we could do it as well, almost certainly drove the CIA's decision process.

www.davidmorehousebooks.com...

A bit more on that:

In 1952, the CIA initiated an extensive program involving the search for, and development of, exceptionally gifted individuals who could approximate perfect success in ESP performance. The Office of Security, which ran the ARTICHOKE project, was urged to follow all leads on individuals reported to have true clairvoyant powers so as to be able to subject their claims to rigorous scientific investigation.

The CIA began infiltrating séances and occult gatherings during the 1950s, which may explain why they were interested in a bizarre UFO/medium case in Maine in 1959. A memo dated April 9, 1953, refers to a domestic - and therefore illegal - operation that required the planting of a very specialized observer at a séance in order to obtain a broad surveillance of all individuals attending the meetings. 

During the late 1960s, the CIA experimented with mediums in an attempt to contact and possibly debrief dead CIA agents. These attempts, according to Victor Marchetti, a former high-ranking CIA official, were part of a larger effort to harness psychic powers for various intelligence-related missions (PROJECT SCANATE) that included utilizing clairvoyants to divine the intentions of the Kremlin leadership.

www.conspiracy-times.com...

The term mind-control is a slippery concept. That it belongs--as such an abstract concept--to a wider-range of sub-topics also makes it an easy target for "double-speak" and disinformation from its operatives. It sounds "crazy" to many folk, but not so fast! Lets break the term down a little.

For example, "Mind-Control" can refer to a few different, but related, modalities.

For instance, when we're talking about ELF and non-lethal weaponry, it can be as simple as bombarding someone with waves that either produce heat and pain or mental states of confusion and/or submissiveness.The "mind-control" tag in those instances referring to a simple sort: Forced Physical Dissuasion.

Then there's the sort that was pursued in the search for the so-called Manchurian Candidate. These modalities look for more intrusive and total-control of the human psyche and include the induction of dissociative states, hypnotism, pharmacology, ELF (electromagnetic control of mental and emotional states,) brain-implants, and social programming including the blackest of psyops operations: Forced Psychical Persuasion.

It's not "conspiracy theory" that MK-ULTRA attempted to do those very things. The documentation also makes clear the inclusion of topics that fall under the heading of PSI and Phenomenology. Government mouthpieces are quick to say that the MK-ULTRA franchise was discontinued, but we see above that Dr. Sidney Gottlieb procured early funding for Remote Viewing which encompasses many of those same goals and techniques.

Concrete evidence that electronic mind control was an object of study at SRI was exposed by the Washington Post in 1977: "When the Navy awarded a contract to the Institute, the scientific assistant to the Secretary of the Navy, Dr. Sam Koslov, received a routine briefing on various research projects, including SRIs.

As the briefer flashed his chart onto the screen and began to speak, Koslov stormily interrupted, What the hell is that about? Among the glowing words on the projected chart, the section describing SRIs work was labelled, ELF AND MIND CONTROL.

ELF stands for extremely [low] frequency electromagnetic waves, from the very slow brain frequencies up to about 100 cycles per second….

Linkwww.whale.to...

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
More on government labs, PSI testing, and the effects of EM fields:

…Also keep in mind that Targ and Puthoff had a background in cutting edge laser technology. Lasers, as you probably know, are what you use to make holograms.

One day in the lab, several members of the Livermore [LLNL] group were monitoring [Uri] Geller during a metal-bending session. They recorded him with audiotape, filmed him with videotape, and photographed him with a variety of still cameras, including one that was sensitive to thermal infrared radiation.

After the experiment they developed all the film and saw something very strange. The infrared camera had caught what seemed to be two diffuse patches of radiation on the upper part of one of the laboratory walls. It was as if someone had briefly shone two large heat sources, either from inside the lab or outside pointing in. The patches grew in intensity for a few frames, then over the next few frames diminished to nothing.

aconstantineblacklist.blogspot.com...

So besides the suggestion that EM might have been surreptitiously used in the above account, holographic technology was also mentioned.

Some of the Livermore Laboratory scientists went on to experience some out-of-this-world-type experiences as noted in Dr. Green andThe Goblins of Langley which features a freaky tale involving both Dr. Christopher "Kit" Green and Dr. Hal Puthoff.

Dr. Green has publicly stated that the accounts are basically true and accurate. The full accounts can be found in Jim Schnabel's Remote Viewers: The Secret History of America's Psychic Spies.

Lets look at some excerpts from that book as highlighted and commented on in the online article, Dr. Green andThe Goblins of Langley

Dr. Christopher "Kit" Green - "Richard Kennett

Note that the pseudonym "Richard Kennett" in the following excerpts is confirmed as being Dr. Christopher "Kit" Green. First a little about Dr. Green, The Monroe Institute, Human Use Experimentation, and a creepy anomalous experience:

Back in 1982 or 1983, Richard Kennett at the CIA had been asked to consult with the Army on its involvement with the Monroe Institute. Kennett had declined any involvement, citing concerns over the "human use" implications. He believed that by promoting altered states, one made the brain more unstable, more prone to spontaneous hallucinations and delusions.

He could see no reason at all why the Army should be involved with Monroe, and could see many reasons why it should not. 

One of Kennett’s reasons, though unstated in his comments to the Army, was that he had once had his own OBE, using some tips he had picked up from one of Bob Monroe’s books.

He had felt himself separating from his prone, sleeping form, like a crab molting from its old shell. Then he was free. He walked across the room -- but now there were other beings in the room. There were monsters. Some kind of goblin hobbled up, put its nose right in his face, stared at him. Jesus! Kennett went back over to his bed, and tried to get back inside his body. He wasn’t sure he could do it. The goblin -- 

Kennett made it back all right, but he would recommend, to anyone who asked, that out-of-body experiences be avoided like the plague. He suspected that the effects on the emotions, and on the nervous system in general, could result in heart attacks, psychological trauma, and even psychotic breaks in people who were already unstable.

Were the Livermore Laboratory scientists also experimented on? Or have our crew managed to "part the veil" so to speak? If the basics are true as Dr. Christopher "Kit" Green asserts, then it has to just about be one of the two if the account is factual as Dr. Green asserts. With that in mind, more Livermore Laboratory high-strangeness:

The Livermore Group were understandably puzzled over this, but it was only the beginning of the strangeness that would soon consume them. When they checked the audiotape they had made during the experiment, they found amid everything else a distinctive, metallic- sounding voice, unheard during the actual experiment but now clearly audible, if mostly unintelligible.

All they could make out were a few apparently random words strung together. 

If Geller could be believed, things like this had happened before. According to one story, on several occasions when his friend Andrija Puharich had put him under hypnosis, audiotapes of the sessions had recorded similar strange voices.

Another time, at a meeting with some Mossad officers, someone’s tape recorder had suddenly seemed to start playing by itself, in full view of everyone.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Let's continue with this odd tale. Here come the UFOs! Or holograms…kind of hard to say.

In any case, Peter Crane and some of the others in the Livermore group quickly found themselves involved in more strangeness than they could handle. In the days and weeks that followed, they began to feel that they were collectively possessed by some kind of tormenting, teasing, hallucination-inducing spirit.

They all would be in a laboratory together, setting up some experiment, or one of the fellows and his wife and children would be at home, just sitting around, when suddenly there in the middle of the room would be a weird, hovering, almost comically stereotypical image of a flying saucer.

It was always about eight inches across, in a gray, fuzzy monochrome, as if it were some kind of hologram. The thematic connection with Geller was obvious, when one remembered that Geller claimed to be controlled by a giant computerized flying saucer named Spectra.

The phenomena, whatever it was, wasn't restricted to UFOs:

On the other hand, the flying saucer wasn’t the only form the Livermore visions took. There were sometimes animals -- fantastic animals from the ecstatic lore of shamans -- such as the large raven-like birds that were seen traipsing through the yards of several members of the group.

One of them appeared briefly to a physicist named Mike Russo and his terrified wife. The two were lying around one morning when suddenly there was this giant bird staring at them from the foot of their bed. 

After a few weeks of this, Russo and some of the others began seriously to wonder if they were losing their sanity. Peter Crane decided to call for help. He picked up the phone and called Richard Kennett.

The remote viewers reported many sessions that referenced UFOs and extraterrestrial life. The man who for a time oversaw the military induction of the remote viewing team (and also Col. John B. Alexander's boss at the time) Gen. Stubblebine has made his own remarks about remote viewing and alien intelligence.

Gen. Albert Stubblebine

Both Stubblebine and Alexander were on the board of Ed Dames remote viewing-for-profit venture PSI-TECH. Although, today, some of the RV cadre try and distance themselves from the various UFO and Alien accounts remote-viewed by team members, they really can't when one looks at the documentation. The following excerpts are from a speech made by Stubblebine on behalf of PSI-TECH:

We have looked at Mars, we have looked at UFOs, we spent some time looking at Mars…there are structures on the surface of Mars. I will tell you for the record that there are structures underneath the surface of Mars that cannot be seen by the Voyager cameras that went by in 1976.

I will also tell you that there are machines on the surface of Mars and there are machines under the surface of Mars that you can look at, you can find out in detail, you can see what they are, where they are, who they are and a lot of detail about them.

Now, you can do that through RV and I defy any sensor anywhere in this world today that can do that kind of analysis or give you those kinds of leads, it just doesn't exist today.

As far as the UFOs are concerned, they can be accessed, they can be tracked, we have looked at the propulsion system for them, that's not a hard job, you can track them back to where they come from, whether they come from a place here on this planet or whether they come from a place on another planet, they are trackable and you can take a look inside as well as outside, so again it is a tool that is available to be used for the UFO research..

www.psitech.net...

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The connection between electromagnetism and UFOs has already been briefly mentioned, as well as the assertion that electromagnetism also has ties to PSI/paranormal studies---but it is also important to make a tentative link between Electromagnetism/Microwave/ELF/Frequencies/Radiation and their empirically proven effects on the human central nervous system.

Keep in mind that the following partial list of effects aren't hyperbole & rhetoric but come from scientific empirical data:

~ Facilitation of High Strangeness and 'Supernatural' Experiences

~ Increased Onset Rates and Morbidity of Cancers

~ Heart Attack Induced at Distance

~ Aggressive States

~ Passive Resistance

~ Mental Confusion and Fugue States

~ Sounds and Disturbances in Head

~ Extreme Nausea and Gastric Distress

EM & ELF effects as associated with the military were discussed rather freely in the 1980's and early 1990's but have since then been rather hushed up and disassociated from the topics discussed here.

Suffice, for now, to say that the military-industrial complex has been rather intensely studying these issues for at least 60 years. These subjects are, naturally, very sensitive in the minds of those who desire military dominance, but we do have some clues along the way.

Col. Alexander w/Copy of Reading the Enemy's Mind

Before the official "hush" on such topics in an article from the 25 April 1980 issue of Military Review Magazine titled The New Mental Battlefield, Col. John B. Alexander--the Godfather of Non-Lethal Weaponry--confidently states the following in his opening lines:

While the concepts may stretch the imagination of many readers, research in this area has been underway for years, and the possibility for employment as weaponry has been explored. To be more specific, there are weapons systems that operate on the power of the mind and whose lethal capacity has already been demonstrated.

Two subdivisions of this field have also been investigated. Mind-altering techniques designed to impact on an opponent are well-advanced.

The procedures employed include manipulation of human behavior through use of psychological weapons effecting sight, sound, smell, temperature, electromagnetic energy or sensory deprivation…

In the summary of the above Military Review article Col. Alexander stated:

"The information presented here will be considered by some to be ridiculous since it does not conform to their view of reality, but some people still believe the world is flat."

And some call us conspiracy nuts when we bring it up. DOH!

I'll finish up the next section over the next couple of days, but until then--for those interested--the following are just a few of either declassified, partially declassified, or leaked documents of interest. We'll be looking at more later:

Official Government Documents:

Bioeffects of Selected Nonlethal Weapons

Defense Science Board Task Force on Directed Energy Weapons

United States Marine Corps Neuronal Entrainment for Non-Lethal Applications

NONLETHAL WEAPONS: TERMS AND REFERENCES

A Method for Encoding & Transmitting Speech by Means of the Radio Frequency Hearing Phenomena

A scholarly article and overview from Project Censored:

US Electromagnetic Weapons and Human Rights

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Thanks for your patience! Now, I gotta go back and clean it all up.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

WOW! I read all of that!! HAHA! What a thread my man, what a thread!!

Thesis indeed.

Yes, you have brought a fresh air to ATS... thank you!

That's really all I want to say for now as I look forward to reading all of it before commenting, other than that I am on the edge of my seat wondering where you are taking me.

Good job!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Beautiful thread, although I haven't finished reading all of it yet, you've hit on a lot of the same thoughts I had when I put together my thread a while ago back in 2011 on engineered alien technology. Note: a lot of the photos I used in my thread back than, for some unknown reason were removed. One photo was replaced with a bogus flower photo which wasn't the original photo I used. I find it kind of odd, unless some were removed due to copy rights infringement. Strange.

Eyewitness accounts of ET technology are now emerging in government research and in the marketplace

Growing up in the 60's, 70's and early 80's, technology was improving at a snails pace. By the start of the early 80's, something happened that gave us a shot in the arm that caused inventions in new technology to take off at a pace that was never seen or heard of before. It seemed to me after reading so many UFO and abduction case studies of eyewitnesses who described some of these "alien" technologies, it just seemed way too coincidental that most of the military research going on, including some of the products developed for the consumer market, had a strong connection to this same technology.

-Uncanny similarities to the design of military aircraft
-Hologram research
-Anti-gravity research, element 115,
-Nano Technology
-Cloaking, Invisibility Research
-Liquid metals/memory metal
-Experimentation on teleportation
-Theories of warping space to travel long distances
-The new belief that we can travel faster than the speed of light
-Worm hole theories, parallel dimensions
-Chemical coated stents
-Synthetic telepathy research
-Night vision technology
-Lasers
-Fiber Optics

All of the above was witnessed and described by many who were abducted, worked on, handled wreckage or witnessed it from a far 60 - 70 years ago before any of this research was ever made public! I look forward to reading the rest of your thread tomorrow, it's getting past my bedtime.

edit on 13-10-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Damn you GUT , I have work to do this week and now I'm delving into this thread with a hundred different small, yet I suspect prescient points, to throw in.

One thing to chew the cud over with regards to a viable operating system is this. We humans are pretty unique creatures and what might work one person might wholly fail on another. By that I mean, each individuals body circuitry is pretty damned unique. I was diagnosed with osteo arthritis in my early 20s and part of the tests involved the use of electrical probes into the muscles. I remember my consultant quizzed me at quite some length about my results as responses from my left arm were totally out of kilter from any known data they had at the time. He even enquired as to my thoughts on being studied further however, those probes are pretty damn painful and I'm not one for being treated like some beagle in a lab, so I politely declined.

I suspect that, local conditions have quite an effect on the fields and circuit of the human body, to the extent that, any effort to exert any control over them would be at best random and to push the attempt further would simply risk "frying" people's circuits or other such effects leading to long term unforeseen circumstances.

Do I believe they'd try it? You betcha, do I believe there's a viable working apparatus with known effects? That's where I think we have to sit down and really talk turkey about such things as, just how many people would it work on and in what field conditions?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join