It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commentary: U.S. fiscal failure warrants a de-Americanized world

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Hope we're on the same page - I'm talking about corporate states replacing nation states. Not sure if they'll do it formally yet but people are almost ready - most already think of themselves as "consumers" rather than "people" or "voters" or "citizens." Would like to hear your thoughts on this.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

soficrow

Hope we're on the same page - I'm talking about corporate states replacing nation states. Not sure if they'll do it formally yet but people are almost ready - most already think of themselves as "consumers" rather than "people" or "voters" or "citizens." Would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Yep that's it !!!

It's been here for a long time in the current forms.

The international corporations have indeed got control of governments.

I think they'll keep the current way (U.S. Phase 2.75) for as long as possible.

Mainly for their own reasons of consolidation of certain things....

Like security (military, courts, jail, detention, etc.)

And centralized money control (central banks and currencies, etc.)

The corporations need *collective flexibility* in order to 'trade' amongst themselves, and to maintain false value systems for purposes of wealth harvesting. Most of the large corporations are *inter-owned* through consolidated stock holdings that are managed by the super investment organizations (State Street, Black Rock, etc.)

Separate 'municipalities' provide *management* of property away from the corporations' private properties.
[ public and 'individual' private lands ]

The 'Tyranny' States that exist now are examples of extreme corporate chattel management and Oligarchy.

Many of the 'systems' are surprisingly similar to some of Marx's loosely defined 'principals'.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply xuenchen.

...So how many leviathans are there? 2? 5? Do we know who the mother corporations are?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Soficrow:

...most already think of themselves as "consumers" rather than "people" or "voters" or "citizens".

What do you consider yourself as first and foremost...a consumer or a person? I believe you would rightly state that you are a person, a self-sovereign entity with a personal name, a family history and a probable family future. Yes, you are also a consumer, but that doesn't make you an 'owned' property for the corporate entities, it simply makes you a customer.

I do not deny that corporate influence on Western governments is far too insidious and internal, and that governments have been remodelling themselves on corporate hierarchies and goals, but the day a corporate entity takes over as a country's government directly, you will see, and rightly so, civil war. Corporate lobbying is where the corruption infects local and federal government. Kick backs, bribes, perhaps even, blackmail will be used by corporate entities to ensure favourable policy.

Ordinary people will never accept a corporate government, they would never elect one. Corporations know this, but let's never forget that the one thing corporations require for their survival is customers...you and me, to buy their product. Any attempt by a corporation to take over government would be met by a very violent reaction from the people. Which is why corporatism has to remain hidden, why its agenda has to be obscured, but it won't matter, because at its revealing, it will get destroyed.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Soficrow:

...most already think of themselves as "consumers" rather than "people" or "voters" or "citizens".

What do you consider yourself as first and foremost...a consumer or a person?

Not talking about me. ...The language used in 'reports,' 'studies' and other documents over the past few decades has changed radically - the word "consumer" now is used when "voter" or "citizen" used to be. Governments define their nations' population as 'markets' and individuals as consumers - just like corporations do - notably in "free trade" agreements. Look at how people live - especially the young, under-30 crowd. People are defining themselves by what they have and can buy - as consumers. Very few consider larger issues like 'the economy' or 'democracy.' By the time today's kids grow up, they won't know any other way to see themselves. And they won't know how to think about any idea requiring more than 140 words to elucidate.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

soficrow

Thanks for the reply xuenchen.

...So how many leviathans are there? 2? 5? Do we know who the mother corporations are?

First we need to establish the major groups and sub groups.

Here's a start.

Banking

Industrial

Transportation

Communication

Real Estate

Retail Merchant

Governmental

top topics

<< 1   >>

join