It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US MAN Hanged in Egyptian Jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yahoo Article:

news.yahoo.com...

BBC News article:

www.bbc.co.uk...

" An American man was found hanged in a jail cell on Sunday in a police station near the banks of the Suez Canal.

The man, identified by the U.S. state department as 66-year-old James Lunn, had apparently committed suicide. He had been arrested on August 29 for breaking the curfew put in place amid the violent unrest that followed the military's ousting of President Mohammed Morsi in early July. "

read the full article guys.

This is an American man, formerly military, who was in one of the most DANGEROUS areas on the gaza strip, wondering around at night with a map of Egypt, and an "unidentified electronic device".

He apparently "committed suicide" while in Jail, after being arrested for being out past curfew.

Does anyone else see right through this?

The guy was obviously working with our government, doing SOMETHING we aren't supposed to know about, and got caught.

edit on 10/13/2013 by supermarket2012 because: (no reason given)

edit: I updated the link. It works now
edit on 10/13/2013 by supermarket2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

'Page not found' of the article and amazingly starred and flagged by someone.
edit on 13-10-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Your link doesn't work anymore - Here is another which may be helpful

I would like to point out though that he wasn't arrested in the Gaza strip - if he was he wouldn't even be in Egypt anyway. He was arrested in the Sinai and his name is apparently James Henry.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Tidnabnilims

'Page not found' of the article and amazingly starred and flagged by someone.
edit on 13-10-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: (no reason given)

Perhaps someone starred and flagged it because the link DID work? I'm sure you didn't think of that, obviously, but yes, it did. Sorry it doesn't, refer to the post above mine for the updated link apparently.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

stumason
Your link doesn't work anymore - Here is another which may be helpful

I would like to point out though that he wasn't arrested in the Gaza strip - if he was he wouldn't even be in Egypt anyway. He was arrested in the Sinai and his name is apparently James Henry.

Wow, then yahoo TOTALLY got it wrong, no wonder.

They claimed he was arrested in the gaza strip, I'm nearly positive, and his name was different too. It was James Lunn.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Thats the media for you

back when that woman crashed into the gates in DC a news source i read first said it was a man, gave a name and everything. I don't know how they get 'mixed up'

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

hknudzkknexnt

Thats the media for you

back when that woman crashed into the gates in DC a news source i read first said it was a man, gave a name and everything. I don't know how they get 'mixed up'

I've had a few friends who work from news outlets, and from what they explained to me, the 'news game' is all about who can put out the news FASTER. Since now everything is on the internet, it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to compete.....so you see more and more of the big names in news rush to get an article or story out. The problem is, since everyone is rushing, more often than not, certain vital details are left out, and/or incorrect. Once ONE news outlet publishes the story, often times other news outlets then feel even MORE pressured to get the story out, so they aren't lagging too far behind, and often times they use the SAME INFORMATION COPIED from the first source.

It is all about releasing the information the fastest.

Unfortunately, many paranoid types have taken this to be deliberate disinfo by the media outlets, but usually that just isn't the case.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join