It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP's Little Rule Change They Hoped You Wouldn't Notice

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

if all is true, then i am glad they did. Its time they stand their ground. The american people have spoken. democrats have been losing ground since the bill passed.

stand for your freedom to not be forced to buy a private companies product!!!!

edit on 14-10-2013 by ajm4481 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ajm4481

if the govnt wants to get into healthcare...they need to do just that....not drive money to insurance companies that are getting ready to deal with the baby boomer bust

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by amfirst1

I disagree. It's going to be disaster if we default. We need to pass this increase and then go about trying to fix this mess so we don't end up here again.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ajm4481

I'm not pro-democrat but that is pure delusional thinking. The GOP are burning themselves to the ground.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Obama and other Democrats voted not to raise the debt ceiling as a symbolic vote. They knew full well going into it that there were enough votes that it would pass without them. But please... Don't let the nuance of politics get in the way of your Fox News talking points.

To the person who said that Obama could avoid the default by paying the interest on our debt... do you think that is the fiscally responsible thing to do?! If all you did was pay the interest on your mortgage, do you think you'd end up paying more money over the course of time or less than if you also paid down the principal? You are the same people who complain here all the time about people who took out loans and couldn't pay them back. Well, welcome to your own foreclosure. The Tea Bagger Republicans are celebrating the shut down and the coming default in our debt. I don't know one Democrat that has done so. You own it. Pay your debts takers.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

xavi1000
GOP is living in fantasy land .Maybe Bush jr ( the worst president in US history) is the last Republican president in US?

Republicans Don't Think They Have to Raise the Debt Ceiling—They're Dangerously Wrong

www.theatlantic.com...

Do you propose we should just keep raising it and raising it and raising it until the dollar is worth less than the paper it is printed on?

-Alien

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Dirty politics are wrong... But I must ask, where were the Dems when this all happened? If they were doing their jobs this wouldn't have happened.

So now the Dems know how many US citizens feel every time Obama tries to rule all on his own. Say like with Libya, Syria, the EPA etc... etc.. etc... It's not very pleasant when you don't agree is it?

So it looks like we have multiple opportunists here... When unchecked our elected officials can be very dangerous. So we must keep all of them, including Obama in check. It works both ways you know.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Alien Abduct

xavi1000
GOP is living in fantasy land .Maybe Bush jr ( the worst president in US history) is the last Republican president in US?

Republicans Don't Think They Have to Raise the Debt Ceiling—They're Dangerously Wrong

www.theatlantic.com...

Do you propose we should just keep raising it and raising it and raising it until the dollar is worth less than the paper it is printed on?

-Alien

Raising the debt ceiling doesn't lower the value of the dollar. It actually does the opposite, it increases it.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You have to fight fire . . . well, with fire. Obama is nothing but a destructive, lying tyrant. I really don't know why Democrats can follow someone like this. If it was up to me, I would let the Republicans fight him tooth and nail. Elect them in 2014, cause a stale mate, then vote every single official out.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You give too much credit where it is not due.

Sheesh.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

What do you mean where were the Dems? Harry Reid and Boehnder had a clean deal. Boehner then caved to the Tea Partiers and reneged on the deal. The Dems are trying to negotiate with lunatics.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I've been screaming 3rd party for 15 years and nobody wanted to hear it. Now that people are starting to wake up to the fact that our elected Paid-For Plotiticians care nothing about the citizens, and a 3rd party is needed, it's very possibly two late to save our country from this two-party system.

Wasn't it Adams that warned us that a two-party system would be the undoing of this nation?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Agreed! "United we stand. Divided we fall."
Politics is the division of America, as Religion is the division of God.
Look at how the US is divided into Red states and Blue states.
We need a Reset.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

I believe you hit the nail on the head!
For a long time... Donald Trump was the icon of Wealth. In reality... He was the icon of debt!
He simply had Far more credit than anybody else.
We are a credit based society. Our money is worth no more than the paper it is printed on.
Why not raise the credit ceiling? There isn't enough gold in the world to pay back the 17 Trillion dollars
we are in the hole for. What can another couple of trillion hurt?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by amfirst1

I disagree. It's going to be disaster if we default. We need to pass this increase and then go about trying to fix this mess so we don't end up here again.

Then it will be the same the next year, and the next year round. This situation has repeated itself for at least the past 10 years.

The rest of the world has got used to the USA issuing bonds and other investments with guaranteed returns. On one hand it gives the USA more influence and security, but on the other, the rest of the world ends up depending on this as a source of income, and the population have to be taxed either to provide this money or to look as if they are suffering.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

As opposed to the rules changed by Harry Reid and others????

This is really false outrage by people that see their own wants being skirted, but have no problem when it suites their own agenda.

Both sides do this.

Shut to Govt down completely!!!!! No pay for any of them.
Maybe they would actually find a job, instead of robbing people to buy votes.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

maybe there are people who *want* the government to collapse! then they would create another constitutional convention, say, in Philidephia, to create the gov in their image.

I wonder what this would be if the this Older generation wins out?

---no more social security-SSI-food stamps--vet pensions?
---no more credit, everything in cash, closing 90% of all businesses.
---95% unemployment. all women are to not work.
--by law all people have to be married by age 20!
--a god-fearing bible thumping Core of government. government is now a part of the funadamentalist religion!
--mo more immigration.
--all elders go live with family and work until they cannot. same with homeless.
--institute the draft for all young men.

the radical right's heaven, for the rest of us, a nightmare!

freestone

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

theplu
reply to post by elouina

What do you mean where were the Dems? Harry Reid and Boehnder had a clean deal. Boehner then caved to the Tea Partiers and reneged on the deal. The Dems are trying to negotiate with lunatics.

You may want to check out the title of this thread when considering my referenced post.
edit on 16-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I apologize. I got caught up with the general blame game path that most political threads go down and responded in a rush. I've tried to read up on how this happened without the Dems knowing. It was changed late at night on the eve of the shutdown by the House Rules Committee of which there are 13 members with a Republican majority. Louise Slaughter is the ranking minority member and questioned them before it was approved so it would seem that it passed due to Republican majority.

I guess if you can't win on the issues, change the rules... Democracy at work...

Sorry for my previous bad response.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join