It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A job engine sputters as hospitals cut staff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Health care providers in general -- more than 8000 lay offs last month alone.

Health care sector --- more than 41,000 this year so far

???

What's going on ?

Is it 'cost cutting' in favor of higher work loads ?

Could it be 'salary' cost reduction in favor of lower wage workers ?

Hospitals are cutting thousands of jobs, undercutting a sector that was a reliable source of job growth, even through the recession.

Hospitals, a reliable source of employment growth in the recession and its aftermath, are starting to cut thousands of jobs amid falling insurance payments and in-patient visits.

The payroll cuts are surprising because the Affordable Care Act (ACA), whose implementation took a big step forward this month, is eventually expected to provide health coverage to as many as 30 million additional Americans.

"While the rest of the U.S. economy is stabilizing or improving, health care is entering into a recession," says John Howser, assistant vice chancellor of Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

A few conflicts in the story.......

A job engine sputters as hospitals cut staff

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Cloward and Piven seems to working as planned! I wonder if they will get a Nobel Peace Prize?......

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Considering everyone and their sister has been entering the nursing field, it's not really surprising that this might be happening. Nurses were in very high demand over the last few years. My wife just finished nursing school and just started her first nursing position 3 weeks ago. Obamacare may very we'll be affecting this industry though, as it is every other industry one way or the other. When my wife was applying, there were a couple of hospitals that we're not accepting applications in the late summer session as they usually do, which was unexpected and upsetting to her.

join