It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Two Headed Beast [HWC2013]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
There was once a village that was terrorized by a beast! This beast was not your ordinary beast, for you see, it had two heads!

One head was of a dragon. It was bright red and it breathed fire upon those whom opposed it. The other head was of a Lion. It was bright blue and it's breath, was of ice, freezing all whom opposed it.

Now there were some villagers whom were scared of fire. So they chose to offer up sacrifices to the head of the dragon! In return, the dragon head of the beast, showed them mercy.

The other villagers feared being frozen to death, therefore they chose to offer up sacrifices to the head of the lion. In return, the lions head of the beast, showed them mercy!

Suddenly the villager realized that they had a serious problem on their hands. No matter which head they chose to feed, the beast was never satisfied, for you see, even though the beast had two heads, it only had one belly! Not only was the village divided over which head to feed, they realized that by feeding one head, the other, became just as well fed as the one they chose to offer their sacrifice.

The elders of the village got together one dark night and discussed their dilemma. One elder suggested that the Dragons head was more righteous than the lions, because it showed mercy to those whom fed it. That was met by an opposing elder whom said it was the Lions head whom showed more mercy than the head of the Dragon.

This caused an uproar amongst the elders! Their argument came to blows, tables were overturned in anger as they turned their frustrations against each other.

As the Elders fought over which head to feed, the villagers waited outside anxiously for an answer. Finally, the villagers themselves started to argue amongst themselves.

A small child, innocently watched while the grownups fought and argued. Innocently, the child pulled on the coat of his mother, and asked, “Mommy? If the beast has one belly and two heads, shouldn't we cut off BOTH heads of the monster?”.....

The child's mother stopped suddenly and realized her little one had come up with the solution for the problem. This whole time, the villagers had become divided. They willingly had sacrificed their own to appease the appetite of the beast and the head they had chosen. When all the while, they had been doing nothing more than making BOTH heads stronger!

The moral of the story? Use your imagination!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I've thought about using the short story forum before in order to write things like this

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I didn't really know what to do with it. So I just said, WTH, lets put it in this forum, and although it isn't really horror related, I thought it fit to enter.

Thanks for reading it though!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Sweet!

Apart from any political implications, would you mind if I printed this?
It would make a cool bedtime story for my grandkid!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Feel free! I am honored that you liked it.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Thank you very much! She loves stories with dragons, and a good moral never hurts!

top topics

join