It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google analytics real time, red circles on map?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Dont know if this is the right forum but for anyone who uses analytics real time you see users on the map marked with orange circles. Ive a few times seen circles go red, does anyone know what this means?

I cant seem to find any info on this...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hey roughycannon,

I'm a web designer/master- however I do not use Google Analytics currently.

Was this what you were talking about though?

Best of all - you get the aforementioned "Top Locations" map with glowing red circles showing where your visitors are coming from - making you feel like the cold war SEO dictator pushing his keyword tanks about with a little wooden rake

source (siliconbeachtraining.co.uk)

Regards,

-AA
edit on 13-10-2013 by AsarAlubat because: Added image.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AsarAlubat

I love that quote there.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

darkbake

I love that quote there.

Haha, me too. The portion after the second hyphen was without a doubt, required.

-AA

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

No thats the standard orange ones, this one was pure red i've seen it a few times, I'll screenshot it next time, I was wondering if it was an error something.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I believe that is just when multiple people visit from one city the darker areas are always heavier traffic. I haven't been on GA in a year but it is just an intuitive way to look at it. Darker colors heavier, just like word clouds etc...

You need more circles and you need more dark circles ;-) Anyone that wants free SEO advice give me a holler.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by research3300

No its a pure red 255,0,0 RGB color not an overlapping circle, I've only seen it about 10 times since google introduced real time but I can't find any info on what it actually means.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Its not an overlapping circle it pure RED and stands out, I've been using real time for nearly 2 years and have never found out what this actually means, doing my head in!

I posted on the google product forums to see if I can get any answers there...

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

top topics

join