It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do these Signs point too the Pre Planned Shutdown?

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Did anyone besides me wonder how they got all those, "This facility closed due to government shutdown," signs made and distributed far and wide, including to all the national parks and cemeteries overseas only eight to ten hours after the government shut down?

Take a look at this from someone who wanted to remain anonymous. I received this in a email and really think it is something that should be considered.

" I have worked in the government on and off for 40 years. During that time I became quite familiar with requisitions, bidding, awarding contracts etc. It is a time consuming process with bean-counters and pencil-necked bureaucrats every of the way. The simplest request takes months not days or hours.

In less than 8 hours of the shutdown, miraculously, professionally printed 3X4 foot signs appeared all over the country in the tens of thousands saying-“this [park, facility, etc. with custom logos] closed due to government shutdown. There has not been a government shutdown in 17 years.

These signs were designed, specifications were determined, signs were then requisitioned, bids were posted and vetted, government contracts were awarded. The materials were then ordered and the signs manufactured then distributed U.S. Mails or .

This shutdown was orchestrated and planned well in advance at least 6-8 months ago. Millions of tax dollars were appropriated and spent in this process. There is a paper trail a mile long leading directly to the White House."

So, could something as simple as the signs be one of the clear signs that this was planned all along?
edit on 10/13/13 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I highly doubt these were pre made signs. They were most likely designed via a program and emailed to the sites requiring them, then printed by a local (to the site) company.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Possible but you need more evidence.

Interestingly, I conjectured in an op that this may have something to do with the PTB not being happy over the Syria fiasco. There Boehner and Obama wee on the same page.

Here they are at opposite sides. If this is a black op then it is easy to do it by simply controlling these two politicians.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
When the govrenment almost shutdown last spring it was almost a given. "Be prepared to shutdown tomorrow," was what filled email inboxes for a week before the date. Then, once every government organization had fully prepared to shutdown, the pol's agreed to keep the government open.

I wouldn't be suprised if these signs are from last spring. Honestly, I didn't think the government would shutdown this time.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If the Obama Administration made the signs with the same vigor that they the showed in responding to the attack o Benghazi....

All of our National Parks would still be open right now.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Do these Signs point too the Pre Planned Shutdown?

I see what you did there. Ha.

The sign in the picture doesn't list the site by name. They seem fairly general to me. Are you sure it would take 6-8 months to get these ordered and delivered?

Can the USG forgo the bidding process when necessary? As in, couldn't they just have fast tracked these signs?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Nah, they just ran over to their 24 hour kinkos and paid in petty cash from the White House accounts.

I'd say that is evidence prima facie that the shutdown had indeed been planned months ago. The government is extremely cumbersome when it comes to requisition of irregular items not used often.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

mikegrouchy

When did they install a metal fence completely around the Lincoln monument?
There was never one last time I was there in '07
That must have cost a fortune!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

They could easily get all of the signs done for under the Micro Purchase Threshold of $3,000 I would think. Each entity in the Government would qualify as a separate requirement so there wouldn't be any competition issues or requirement to post a solicitation. Even if there was a requirement they would site the exception of "national security" or "public interest" and not post it anyway.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I worked in govt too and every institution has the ability to make signs, heck you could make giant vinyl ones if you wanted lol.

What I find more interesting is all this might be orchestrated knowing something else is also coming. Something catastrophic to the power grid. Friend working for utility said govt types showed up had meeting with jist of it something bad coming. He had no clarifying data but it kinda jives with similar reports around world. They seem to think grids are going down.

What even weirder is while we were out last night we saw an army of utilities type trucks show up at local hotel and helicopter land and get roped off with wire. This is small place and it was very strange. It is probably nothing but it does make you wonder.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

links234
When the govrenment almost shutdown last spring it was almost a given. "Be prepared to shutdown tomorrow," was what filled email inboxes for a week before the date. Then, once every government organization had fully prepared to shutdown, the pol's agreed to keep the government open.

I wouldn't be suprised if these signs are from last spring. Honestly, I didn't think the government would shutdown this time.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like the Federal Government at all.

They would have New signs for this shut-down and will have thrown out the old ones....

Bet?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Asktheanimals

mikegrouchy

When did they install a metal fence completely around the Lincoln monument?
There was never one last time I was there in '07
That must have cost a fortune!

They had to have something to hang the signs on!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Not an issue, they simply pre printed in case, and they had a pretty good idea it was gonna happen.
Even more amazing, have you ever wondered how the vendors outside of sports games super bowl, world series, world cup already have t-shirts that say "World Champion (insert name)" ???
How did they know??
Foresight is how, they simply print up equal amounts of each team, except where this shutdown applies, they only have to print for one team.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Although I am sure this was pre- planned. In regards to the signs, what materials are they made of?

If what they are stuck to was already there and it's metal, it doesnt take long to get a graphics printing company to make up magnetic signs.

Or are they made of wood, painted on? Paper glued on?
They would take longer.

The posts also need to be set into concrete that has to set for several hours, depending on the weather, temperatures. Or it would wobble and could be vandalized and pulled down.

ETA
Not having been to these parks I'm assuming the signs were already in place and had the park information on them and they came along and covered that up with paint or something glued on. That says it's now closed
edit on 13-10-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Maybe not the right kind of signs you should be looking at;

A Federal Budget Crisis Months in the Planning

From the Blueprint to Defunding Obamacare
dated February 14, 2013:

Conservatives should not approve a CR unless it defunds Obamacare.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
If you remember, Pelosi was suspiciously absent in the days leading up to the shutdown. Out of town for some personal something-or another, I believe. Myself, like a million other people, wondered, "Where the hail is Pelosi? Shouldn't she, wouldn't she, be front and center in this mayhem?"

She returns the morning after the midnight shutdown to proclaim, "We never thought they would actually DO it!"

If I am not mistaken, I saw videos posted here describing her as "looking shellshocked". If not here, then at least other places. People stating she looked "more disoriented than usual", etc.

I think, and just IMO, if "they" thought for a moment the Republicans were going to actually go through with it, Pelosi would have been plastered all over the alphabet soup media 24/7.

That's just how "they" roll.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Apparently, the last "government shutdown" was in 1995, correct me if I am wrong, so it would make sense that they would already have many of these signs in their basement ready to distribute for when the time arises once again.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The govt printing office can probably whip these up in a flash...

new topics

top topics

join