It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your not 1% Neanderthal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Scientists are now saying that earlier suggestions that neanderthals bread with us is incorrect, apparently we don't have the 1% neanderthal previously stated.

Neanderthal man did not, after all, leave his genes behind when he became extinct 40,000 years ago, according to a study that discredits the idea of the Neanderthals interbreeding with the ancestors of modern humans. The latest analysis of the Neanderthal genome has contradicted a study of 2010 that concluded there was limited interbreeding with Homo sapiens, suggesting there was a little bit of Neanderthal left in many people alive today.

www.independent.co.uk...

www.pnas.org...
edit on 13-10-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I don't know man.

Here in small town Ohio, I've wondered if a significant portion of the population here are the descendents of neanderthal.

Especially the high school football-types with their bulging foreheads and oddly long arms.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS
[m

In the immortal words of Nils Bohr "Science advances one funeral at a time."

My guess is, somebody died.

mistersmith.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Hi ya all! I'm Sam. I just couldn't resist to join and reply. Funny coinsidence!

"The theory of evolution assumes that the motivational source of energy that animates every life form does not exist. It assumes that an inanimate object or a chemical concoction can suddenly become “alive” or animate accidentally or spontaneously. Or, perhaps an electrical discharge into a pool of chemical ooze will magically spawn a self-animated entity.

There is no evidence whatsoever that this is true, simply because it is not true. Dr. Frankenstein did not really resurrect the dead into a marauding monster, except in the imagination of the IS-BE who wrote a fictitious story one dark and stormy night.

No Western scientist ever stopped to consider who, what, where, when or how this animation happens. Complete ignorance, denial or unawareness of the spirit as the source of life force required to animate inanimate objects or cellular tissue is the sole cause of failures in Western medicine.

In addition, evolution does not occur accidentally. It requires a great deal of technology which must be manipulated under the careful supervision of IS-BEs. Very simple examples are seen in the modification of farm animals or in the breeding of dogs. However, the notion that human biological organisms evolved naturally from earlier ape-like forms is incorrect. No physical evidence will ever be uncovered to substantiate the notion that modern humanoid bodies evolved on this planet.

The reason is simple: the idea that human bodies evolved spontaneously from the primordial ooze of chemical interactivity in the dim mists of time is nothing more than a hypnotic lie instilled by the amnesia operation to prevent your recollection of the true origins of Mankind. Factually, humanoid bodies have existed in various forms throughout the universe for trillions of years.”

/quote

– Excerpt from the Top Secret transcripts published in the book ALIEN INTERVIEW, edited by Lawrence R. Spencer
www.thenewearth.org...

When time and science goes on, these perls keep popping to the surface. More foil to my hat!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Being that there is a little bit of neanderthal in most of us from northern areas, it seems that the blending has helped us to survive. The ones that didn't have this blending from eons ago didn't survive well in the north, but that doesn't mean that they didn't migrate south to warmer climates.

I think that the different blendings of different species with the modern human actually makes us more indiferent to each other. A person with a little cromagnum instead of neanderthal would not smell the same. Same with purer strains of modern humans. Wars are fought for greed most times though, not because of genetics. Greed can have many personalities, one would be that your genetic type is the one controlling others.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Sorry Luxus,
But that paper has been to "Whatever"status by several other papers from several other groups.

Higher Levels of Neanderthal Ancestry in East Asians Than in Europeans

Wall, Jeffrey D., Melinda A. Yang, Flora Jay, Sung K. Kim, Eric Y. Durand, Laurie S. Stevison, Christopher Gignoux, August Woerner, Michael F. Hammer and Montgomery Slatkin.

Neanderthals were a group of archaic hominins that occupied most of Europe and parts of Western Asia from roughly 30-300 thousand years ago (Kya). They coexisted with modern humans during part of this time. Previous genetic analyses that compared a draft sequence of the Neanderthal genome with genomes of several modern humans concluded that Neanderthals made a small (1-4%) contribution to the gene pools of all non-African populations. This observation was consistent with a single episode of admixture from Neanderthals into the ancestors of all non-Africans when the two groups coexisted in the Middle East 50-80 Kya. We examined the relationship between Neanderthals and modern humans in greater detail by applying two complementary methods to the published draft Neanderthal genome and an expanded set of high-coverage modern human genome sequences. We find that, consistent with the recent finding of Meyer et al. (2012), Neanderthals contributed more DNA to modern East Asians than to modern Europeans. Furthermore we find that the Maasai of East Africa have a small but significant fraction of Neanderthal DNA. Because our analysis is of several genomic samples from each modern human population considered, we are able to document the extent of variation in Neanderthal ancestry within and among populations. Our results combined with those previously published show that a more complex model of admixture between Neanderthals and modern humans is necessary to account for the different levels of Neanderthal ancestry among human populations. In particular, at least some Neanderthal-modern human admixture must postdate the separation of the ancestors of modern European and modern East Asian populations

www.genetics.org...

edit on 13-10-2013 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

rickymouse
Being that there is a little bit of neanderthal in most of us from northern areas, it seems that the blending has helped us to survive. The ones that didn't have this blending from eons ago didn't survive well in the north, but that doesn't mean that they didn't migrate south to warmer climates.

I think that the different blendings of different species with the modern human actually makes us more indiferent to each other. A person with a little cromagnum instead of neanderthal would not smell the same. Same with purer strains of modern humans. Wars are fought for greed most times though, not because of genetics. Greed can have many personalities, one would be that your genetic type is the one controlling others.

But the latest DNA studies shows that there is no neanderthal DNA present in modern humans!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Here's another group that confirms not only Hsn admixture but Hsd admixture as well.

Abstract

Recent studies of ancient genomes have suggested that gene flow from archaic hominin groups to the ancestors of modern humans occurred on two separate occasions during the modern human expansion out of Africa. At the same time, decreasing levels of human genetic diversity have been found at increasing distance from Africa as a consequence of human expansion out of Africa. We analyzed the signal of archaic ancestry in modern human populations, and we investigated how serial founder models of human expansion affect the signal of archaic ancestry using simulations. For descendants of an archaic admixture event, we show that genetic drift coupled with ascertainment bias for common alleles can cause artificial but largely predictable differences in similarity to archaic genomes. In genotype data from non-Africans, this effect results in a biased genetic similarity to Neandertals with increasing distance from Africa. However, in addition to the previously reported gene flow between Neandertals and non-Africans as well as gene flow between an archaic human population from Siberia (“Denisovans”) and Oceanians, we found a significant affinity between East Asians, particularly Southeast Asians, and the Denisova genome—a pattern that is not expected under a model of solely Neandertal admixture in the ancestry of East Asians. These results suggest admixture between Denisovans or a Denisova-related population and the ancestors of East Asians, and that the history of anatomically modern and archaic humans might be more complex than previously proposed

m.pnas.org...
edit on 13-10-2013 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

But the latest DNA studies shows that there is no neanderthal DNA present in modern humans!

To clarify:
It's study. One. Singular.
One study is not going to decide the matter.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It's the LATEST study, hence, more accurate.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Well, if this is correct it means that some think that modern humans aren't so modern. We would have been here right on side of the neanderthals so we could have common ancestors. I don't think that that is going to be accepted by the scientific community, that would mean modern man is millions of years old.

I do think that man and apes have a common ancestor. They split long ago. The same with us and Neanderthals and cromagnum. The thing is that the things they are looking at with blending aren't millions of years old, they are maybe fifty thousand years old. They actually do have a good system for determining it. It may not be exactly accurate because it figures in genetic diversity and blending and doesn't take into consideration people who desire to go with someone different.

Some people who are white are attracted to black people or people of another kind for some reason. I think it is a desire to repair a genetic flaw, sort of a craving to fix something wrong. People can sense something is going astray and go out of their communities to find a mate. I come from a dying family line myself, not many of my uncles had kids, they married someone too close in overall genetic traits and kids did not happen. It is complex, I kind of understand the reasoning behind this. It is not what most people think though. So this means that the Neanderthals may have not been able to mate with their own and produce kids anymore. The ones who mated with humans had kids. This could have blended the two species right before the neanderthals went extinct.

I've read quite a few articles on this subject and have added the last part because it may have been a possibility. I thought maybe the modern humans and neanderthals could have fought, bringing the neanderthals into extinction, but I now doubt if that happened. The neanderthals could have been hunted as food or sport also. Modern humans invented bows and that other thing that threw arrows, but the neanderthals would never have had those. Horizontal transfer of genetic material is also possible. There are many ways that this DNA could be there.

The information from the other sources is still correct though, we have a little neanderthal in our genetics. This article only differs because it considers a different way the genetics got there. It is still neanderthal genetics.
edit on 13-10-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Bread? Like a Neanderthal sandwich? BRED. BREEDING.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

On another note my husband and youngest son are extremely hairy. I call them Neanderthal.Or say they are wearing brown sweaters under their clothes. The kids chest isn't hairy yet but his back is pretty fuzzy. Hubby only has hair free skin on his palms and the bottom of his feet. LOL. Good thing I like hairy men.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SamULiquid

They've actually produced amino acids in a lab in just that manner so that's probably how it happened.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SamULiquid

You should be careful posting those ideas around here, you'll be faced with:

"Lolz the Spirit/soul? You're an idiot mate its all chemical interactions which give rise to consciousness"

Or

"Lolz u think evolution isn't real u r idiot even I know man came from monkey Lollozl he weren't made from clay!! Noob creationist"

It seems rare to see people read in between the lines rather than viewing everything from a Boolean logic perspective. You either take every word of the current scientific paradigm to be true otherwise you are an idiot religious fanatic lol. We need to keep searching for a true explanation of consciousness - evolution doesnt explain it, as neither does chemistry or electronics. If only more people pondered the beautiful connection between the mind, body and soul - and it's place in the amazing platform of time and space, bounded by the rules and pre-conditioned settings we call physics/chemistry and biology.

As for the Neanderthals - I wouldn't of thought them to be genetically compatible with us for successful breeding anyway. I suspect our DNA is godlike compared to theirs. If we did breed often is put my money on forced interactions by male Neanderthals on human females rather than human like bonds, but who knows. Maybe I am imagining them as too primitive and inhumane. They were relatively intelligent to be fair.

edit on 13-10-2013 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well, throughout my life I have seen people who are so obviously having some amount of neanderthal genetics still in them. Body shape, hairiness, skull shape, etc. I find it funny when scientists keep changing their minds. I thought they weree meant to observe Nature and the world around them and not get engrossed in changing facts and figure based upon trends of the day and politics?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Do they howl at the full moon.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I've run into some misogynistic men online who I"m really sure are knuckle-dragging neanderthals ... and I mean more than just one percent worth. I've even had to ask a few if they need bandaids for their knuckles ..... pretty low brow stuff from them ....

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

unknown known
reply to post by Phage

No just the latest study

This happens when something new hits the stage. Everyone rushes to confirm, expand or discredit, it usually takes a few years for the dust to settle and at a later conference all the evidence is re-examined and a consensus takes place that x is correct or that y is wrong or more commonly a specific study of Z needs to be undertaken to resolve the matter.

There will be studies in response to this study!

Give it time

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

unknown known
reply to post by Phage

Any agenda that wishes to suppress truth can manifacture 1 study and no, it doesnt topple the others.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join