It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debt Ceiling: China Calls for World to Be 'De-Americanised'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Ford won Bathurst!!!! I drive a nissan 280zx. Australian engineered cars are crap, that's why they should share the technology.
Fiat had DOHC 16v heads in 1963.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thekaboose

I'd love to agree with that, but who really knows where that money is going
we often hear about aid but it never seems to get to the right hands,. always some kind of agenda
attached which never benefits those financially in need.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
China not getting paid and are so connected to the U.S. in war bankrolling, they honestly do not realize they may have loaned the U.S. enough money to defeat them in any war, so they best be quiet, but in the back of my mind I started thinking of an old quote from a communist
and it looks like it may be coming true.
"The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them."
Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov] (1870 - 1924), First Leader of the Soviet Union

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The reality is that America cannot live off debt.

USA has has to figure out an economic structure without trade deficits (means the exports and imports are in balance). The idea of selling bonds to foreigners in return of merchandise is silly.

I fear that USA has already liquidated its gold reserves in an effort to support the dollar. It has come to a situation where only military might is supporting the dollar. However one must remember that economy and military are very much inter-connected. Weakness of economy WILL percolate to the military. So the solution lies in fixing the economic problems.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
China is caught between a rock and hard place. If the US$ loses its reserve currency status, all their savings, almost all in US$ denominated assets, will be practically wiped out because of the consequent devaluation of the US$. However if the US$ continues to reign as the reserve currency, China being a net exporter, will continue to accumulate US$ denominated assets.

The only way out for them is if they can convert all or most of their savings into the new reserve currency at the current US$ value. While China has already entered into agreements with different countries not to use the US$ for their bilateral trade, trade not involving China is unlikely to be conducted in Yuan and hence unlikely for the Yuan to become the reserve currency. One possible way out for them is the BRICS bank (on the cards for sometime now) with its own currency and one that agrees to convert China's savings into the new currency at the current US$ value. This currency is likely to have wider acceptance and may become a reserve currency. Alternately and more likely China can negotiate for a larger role at the IMF and allow the IMF to be transformed into a bank with its own currency, which would then serve as a reserve currency.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Basically China is calling for the the end of the U.S.dollar as world currency.Which means the world is screwed over and could lead to WW3.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
And right on Cue China asks for New World Order behindthewall.nbcnews.com...

Ed Flanagan, Producer, NBC News
News analysis
BEIJING –With days to go before the United States debt default deadline, Beijing aired its frustrations with the shutdown Sunday, saying it was time to consider a “de-Americanized” world order.
With $1.28 trillion in U.S. Treasuries, China is easily the biggest foreign holder of American debt.
China has also funneled billions of dollars into private American investments – to the tune of an estimated $54 billion in 2012 alone.
“As U.S. politicians of both political parties are still shuffling back and forth between the White House and the Capitol Hill without striking a viable deal to bring normality to the body politic they brag about, it is perhaps a good time for the befuddled world to start considering building a de-Americanized world,” according to a stinging op-ed article by state news agency, Xinhua.

and the the world asks the US to stop the tap dancing show and get on with it worldnews.nbcnews.com...

World to US: Stop 'tap dancing' and solve default crisis

International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde sits down with NBC's David Gregory to discuss the U.S. government shutdown, the looming debt ceiling deadline and the challenges of being a female in a powerful position.
By Tracy Connor, Staff Writer, NBC News
The approach of the U.S. default deadline — with no clear resolution in sight — is being greeted around the world with a mixture of angst and anger.
"It's hard not to believe lunatics have taken charge of the asylum in Washington," the newspaper The Australian declared Monday, predicting significant damage to the global economy if the government can't pay its debts.
Advertise | AdChoices

"America is diminished by the standoff," the editorial continued. "Government shutdowns, debt defaults and the shenanigans witnessed in Washington have no place in the world's superpower."
and for other links.. as if i need to .. but i will. www.abovetopsecret.com... there is the link that points it all out
edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201314 by bekod because: line edit, added link

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Willtell
The last thing the US needs is austerity, in which in England it has wrecked the economy, and in Greece raised the suicide rate to astronomical levels.

Sorry, I was just reading this thread and wasn't planning to comment, but you're quite wrong about austerity "wrecking England's economy" (it's the UK, by the way, four countries not just England). Our economy is recovering well, thank you very much. Austerity has had no appreciable effect on the level of service from the Government/Local Authorities as they have just become more efficient instead of the bloated monstrosities many were and we're securing record amounts of foreign investment in our own manufacturing industries and infrastructure.....

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Here is what the IMF has to say about the US www.imf.org... from the link

Statement by Jacob J. Lew
Secretary of the Treasury of the United States of America
at the 28th
Meeting of the International Monetary and Financial Committee
Washington, D.C.
October 12, 2013

Five years ago, the world economy was faced with a devastating crisis. Together, our countries
committed to and implemented a swift and aggressive emergency response that helped calm
financial markets, repair and reform our financial systems, and put the global economy back on
the path to stability and growth.

Today, our work is far from done, and we cannot afford to be complacent. Global growth is
not robust, and we face headwinds from fiscal drag, private sector deleveraging, and inadequate
global rebalancing. Now is the time for action to achieve, strong, sustainable, and balanced
global growth.

Our work begins at home. We recognize that the United States is the anchor of the
international financial system. With the deepest and most liquid financial markets, when risk
rises, the flight to safety and to quality brings investors to U.S. markets. But the United States
cannot take this hard earned reputation for granted. The President has called on Congress to
reopen the government and increase the statutory debt limit. Prior to the government
shutdown, all signs pointed to the strengthening recovery of the U.S. economy. If Congress
acts quickly, this will continue to be the case. Private employers have added 7 and a half
million jobs since February 2010, and businesses added more than 2 million jobs over the last
year. Manufacturing is expanding while the housing market continues to improve, posting
gains in sales, prices, and residential construction. Substantial progress has been made in
addressing the imbalances that triggered the financial crisis.
no signs of panic yet from the IMF

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Heaping criticism and caustic ridicule on Washington, the Xinhua news agency called the US a civilian slayer, prisoner torturer and meddler in others' affairs, and said the 'Pax Americana' was a failure on all fronts.

The official news agency of China, which is seen as the pretender to the world's superpower crown, then rubbed in more salt, calling American economic pre-eminence just a seeming dominance.

They have a bit of a North Korea complex in thinking the world is "Americanised". And "Pax Americana"? Oh and a civilian slayer as a mark against the US compared to China? What planet is this editorial on?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The link you gave, does not have the entire speech, so I found it and I am pointing out a very interesting find.
Its not that chine is threating, This is not what people should be afraid... If you analyze their message, they copied their speech from the bible with a small tweak.

I dont care about the bible, but this was very interesting... So here how it goes...

CHINA says :
"A new world order should be put in place, according to which all nations, big or small, poor or rich, can have their key interests respected and protected on an equal footing." news.yahoo.com...

Bible says :
And all nations, big or small, poor and rich, to give them the mark of the beast, in the right hand or head, so they cant buy or sell, if they don't have the mark. Its a translation from the Greek edition

They push the world into their master cult HONG... There was Indications that this should happen in 2018-2020... If they do it NOW, it means they are in rush! They have no much time left. They have no time, after all...
edit on 14-10-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Something for the foreign interests to think *real hard* about ......

Amendment XIV (14th)

Section 4.

The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any state shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

* Debts * 'incurred' to foreign banking interests may not be valid if the voluntary 'buyers' of debt instruments result in financial * insurrection *.

The foreign debt holders were never directly solicited or forced to *buy in*. Therefore, they may have insurrectional intent against the financial stability of the United States.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I seen an interview with George Soros who said he wanted a One World currency but China would need to be involved, "Willing" to agree. He said a slow decline in U.S currency would be the best way to go when pushing away from the dollar.

The Old Freak recently got married & one of his guest was.. Nancy Pelosi. Very Scary when people like her & our president rub shoulders and probably more with people who want America to Fail. Maybe this is The current administrations Plan. Most Un American democrats I ever seen. I don't believe those 2 hold any democrat beliefs. The are something else who just used 1 of the 2 parties to "Fundamentally Change" our country. Fundamentals are the foundation of something. So he didn't say help fix our country. He said Change the whole system. Or that's what the word means anyway..

When Karma creeps up on them I hope they look like this...

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Nice point.

Considering most of this debt was created under false pretenses, possibly with the intent of triggering a bailout, and the destruction of the US government.

Hasn't this been the conservative goal for decades now. Shrink the government down to the size where they can drown it in the Bathwater.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The US spends more than what she earns. Its that simple. You cant keep doing that forever, sooner or later you have to pay back the debt or default. Getting further into dept with crippling interest is never going to be successful.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

China cracks me up. They want the world to be less like us, yet they are a mini us. Their economy structure is becoming very much like ours slowly. Now granted, they were smart and bought up all the gold on the planet pretty much while they could. But someone forgot to tell them that they bought it at a premium. Oh well. I guess they still have revenue from North Korea, oh wait..I mean Russia, oh wait...I guess they just have us! We own them every bit as much as they own us. How you like them apples China. Made in China is really Made in America.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Reinmax

But hey, in the words of my finance teacher, "The money you have now is worth more than the money you have in the future!". Present value, gotta love it. So, we should spend like crazy, I mean, with interest rates at 0%, it's all the same anyways.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
If the American govt stays shut down and we default on our debts, it opens the door for a world currency and government. This is exactly what TPTB want, and our Plotiticians are selling us down the river.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ploutonas

In one of my Posts it says 2014 is the year of the China dollar over the USD no sign of US opening up for Biz as usual, i will see if i can find that post and put it here that was easy www.forbes.com... 2012 is the date of the link did they know then the US was heading for a shut down now?
edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201314 by bekod because: line edit, added link

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Reinmax

this is whom the US owes www.npr.org... one day they will all say pay in full, has that day come and we so not know it? Think about it for asec this all started when Obama care went online the GOP shouted shut down... if it does, it did ,and now look at where we at , now was there more to this ? lets say forging investors wanted their share of the pie back in full , lets say by the graph $ 8.4 Trillion, that had to be paid now by the US .

If you have done Biz with lenders you know when they say in pay full now you know you have one of two choices pay in full or file a Bankruptcy, is the later what the US did? no deal has been made as of yet. 3 days to go before we default.
edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201314 by bekod because: line edit

edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201314 by bekod because: line edit

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join