It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Tilt Train Runs Off The Tracks, Australia.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Over 100 people have been injured as a result of Queenslands 'Tilt Train' derailing. The incident occurred just after midnight north of the coastal town of Bunderberg. 156 passengers were on board with a reported 128 injured, two of which were flown to hospital. As of a few minutes ago, a number of passengers were still trapped.

www.news.com.au
The train was about 60km north of Bundaberg, near Rosedale, when it derailed. It was travelling from Brisbane to Cairns.

Medical teams were being dispatched to the scene, Queensland Health senior media adviser Leisa Schultz said.

Helicopters were being dispatched from Rockhampton and Brisbane to evacuate those with serious injuries to hospitals in the two cities.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

As this is a developing story, radio reports at this stage indicate there is no immediate explanation for the derailment and are ruling out terrorism. Ironically Queensland Rail describe the train involved as the countries most innovative train.

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I hate to sound phenominally ignorant...

but when did Qld get a tilt-train? Peter Beattie been buying things while I wasn't looking?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
um but dah it has only been in service since 1998

this has been big news here in qld, because we rarely see train derailments of this size happen to passenger trains that run in qld.

they havent fully investigated it yet but some sources say that it could be that the train was going too fast.

the section of tracks where it derailed were checked the morning before and they were reported as being "ok"

[edit on 11-16-2004 by ausconspiracies]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I posted this yesterday, but it was moved to BTS.
It got a picture and some news-links if you�re interested...
High-speed Train Derails In Australia

top topics

join