It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more EBT

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
No more food stamps here in the New Orleans area. Wal Marts and Winn-Dixies are full of full grocery carts people left behind after their cashier informed them they could only make up to a 50 dollar purchase.

I think it is being used to try to get lower income people to support Obama's plans.

What say you ATS?

Sorry hit enter after making title...
edit on 13-10-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I believe Obama did this to further hurt the American people. Lets look at some facts to back that up.

1.Xerox manages the ebt card system.
services.xerox.com...

2.Xerox is in bed with Obama.
www.computerworld.com...

Computerworld - WASHINGTON -- Xerox, whose CEO, Ursula Burns, is advising President Obama on exports

Burns was appointed last year as vice chairwoman of the President's Export Council, a panel of CEOs advising the Obama administration on how to increase exports,

www.bostonglobe.com... tory.html

Xerox rose 3.4 percent. The pioneering maker of printers and copiers was raised to “buy” from “neutral” at Citigroup on expectations that the company’s healthcare-related businesses will benefit in 2014 from the Affordable Care Act — often known as Obamacare — Bloomberg News reported. Xerox, for instance, owns a cloud-based service that helps health care providers move to electronic medical records.

3.WHY would any big company do updates, upgrades,maintenance on such a large vital system at 9am on a Saturday morning???????

www.usatoday.com...

Xerox spokeswoman Karen Arena told USA TODAY that some Electronic Benefits Transfer systems were experiencing connectivity issues after a routine test of a backup system at a location in the Midwest caused an outage at about 10 a.m. ET.

Obama needs impeached for his war against the poor.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
It would be a pretty big risk for him to take. EBT users were supposed to be his base. He was for the people... he won't raise your taxes, free healthcare, etc. He campaigned to the poorer class more than anybody IMO. I would think that they would be more than a little pissed if they found out he was behind something like this. UNLESS he did it and will lay the blame on the republicans for people starving in the streets of America. In that case they may buy it. A lot of them bought the rest of the lies that he told, the promises he made, and the awesome healthcare bill we are all dying for (no pun intended).

Who knows? I guess we will await Monday morning and see where the chips fall. It could be a glitch somewhere. It could be Obama. It could be the republicans. Hell.... at this point it could be Colonel Mustard in the library with a candlestick. Everything seems to be so messed up lately it is hard to tell which end is up at times.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

www.wwltv.com...
Just came posted. They are saying its up now.
Should of seen the chaos at the store. I always wondered what a SHTF scenario would like. That was complete public(low income) panic at the stores today. Things don't look that bad when we are running low on supplies at stores because of hurricanes.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Isittruee

www.wwltv.com...
Should of seen the chaos at the store. I always wondered what a SHTF scenario would like. That was complete public(low income) panic at the stores today. Things don't look that bad when we are running low on supplies at stores because of hurricanes.

And they weren't even REALLY hungry yet. Just imagine it then.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Isittruee

www.wwltv.com...

I didn't really see panic as much as anger where I am.Its not just anger over the ebt either. People are furious about the national parks and veterans memorial.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Threatening and cursing out employees. Crying and explaining how much they need to eat. I seen panic. Now add to that what roo said about how they weren't even really hungry yet. Today was a look into what panic looks like. Now x10 to that by adding they're really hungry and all social classes as well. Thats your SHTF.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
It would be a pretty big risk for him to take. EBT users were supposed to be his base. He was for the people... he won't raise your taxes, free healthcare, etc. He campaigned to the poorer class more than anybody IMO. I would think that they would be more than a little pissed if they found out he was behind something like this. UNLESS he did it and will lay the blame on the republicans for people starving in the streets of America. In that case they may buy it. A lot of them bought the rest of the lies that he told, the promises he made, and the awesome healthcare bill we are all dying for (no pun intended).

Who knows? I guess we will await Monday morning and see where the chips fall. It could be a glitch somewhere. It could be Obama. It could be the republicans. Hell.... at this point it could be Colonel Mustard in the library with a candlestick. Everything seems to be so messed up lately it is hard to tell which end is up at times.

He is already taking risks. Think how much money he is spending sending park rangers to guard open air monuments just to make Americans as angry as possible. From what I have been seeing on the news, the ebt crash would be just up his alley.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

ohioriver

Kangaruex4Ewe

He is already taking risks. Think how much money he is spending sending park rangers to guard open air monuments just to make Americans as angry as possible. From what I have been seeing on the news, the ebt crash would be just up his alley.

Closing and guarding monuments isn't going to piss people of any where near what taking their food will.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Isittruee

Threatening and cursing out employees. Crying and explaining how much they need to eat. I seen panic. Now add to that what roo said about how they weren't even really hungry yet. Today was a look into what panic looks like. Now x10 to that by adding they're really hungry and all social classes as well. Thats your SHTF.

You must live in a larger city. Small town America seems to handle a crisis better. Obama needs to be impeached just for being such a dik over the open air memorials. I wouldn't put anything past this administration.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Isittruee

ohioriver

Kangaruex4Ewe

Closing and guarding monuments isn't going to piss people of any where near what taking their food will.

True. But it is adding fuel to the fire. And the sad part is that low info people will end up blaming it all on republicans(not that I think they are any better) when Obamas media starts the spinning.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

He is taking risks BUT if he takes the food out of these people's mouths that will be a game changer IMO. Perfectly logical, nonviolent, peaceful, caring, folks will do things they never dreamed of when true hunger sets in. If your children were hungry because the politicians were playing games??? That's pure kerosene on an open fire.

I am not saying this is what is happening or his doing, I am only saying that the tides would change very quickly in such a scenario.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

He is taking risks BUT if he takes the food out of these people's mouths that will be a game changer IMO. Perfectly logical, nonviolent, peaceful, caring, folks will do things they never dreamed of when true hunger sets in. If your children were hungry because the politicians were playing games??? That's pure kerosene on an open fire.

I am not saying this is what is happening or his doing, I am only saying that the tides would change very quickly in such a scenario.

I believe it is his doing. Its not hard to put 2+2 together and get 4. He is trying to make life as difficult as possible for the American people. He is basically blackmailing everyone. Either he gets his way 100% or he will trash the USA.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I would have absolutely no problem believing that if it is the case. I wouldn't be shocked at all. Given what has been done so far, this would just be another brick in the wall. We will probably never know for sure if he did it or not though. He (and his cronies on the hill - right and left) have lied so much that just "assuming" is the only thing you are left with. A yes or no from any of them is not worth one grain of salt IMO.

If I found out tomorrow that he ran for office to single handedly destroy America, I wouldn't be able to garner much more than a shrug at this point.
edit on 10/13/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The coincidence of EBT shutting down while most everything else federal is a little uncanny. It does make me think...what if he was just testing the waters.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

I would have absolutely no problem believing that if it is the case. I wouldn't be shocked at all. Given what has been done so far, this would just be another brick in the wall. We will probably never know for sure if he did it or not though. He (and his cronies on the hill - right and left) have lied so much that just "assuming" is the only thing you are left with. A yes or no from any of them is not worth one grain of salt IMO.

If I found out tomorrow that he ran for office to single handedly destroy America, I wouldn't be able to garner much more than a shrug at this point.
edit on 10/13/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

Crisis overload. Makes me wonder if you just hit on the bigger picture.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Isittruee
No more food stamps here in the New Orleans area. Wal Marts and Winn-Dixies are full of full grocery carts people left behind after their cashier informed them they could only make up to a 50 dollar purchase.

I think it is being used to try to get lower income people to support Obama's plans.

What say you ATS?

Sorry hit enter after making title...
edit on 13-10-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

your title is a lie and misleading.those whom cannot get them because of a glitch will be back to normal this week.fear monger.you related to Alex Jones?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Isittruee
The coincidence of EBT shutting down while most everything else federal is a little uncanny. It does make me think...what if he was just testing the waters.

Yahtzee.

I do not know what reaction they expected, or if this was a success or failure or what... But that was the thought that came to my mind too. A test run.

Perhaps the target chosen can tell us something. New Orleans I heard has a bit of unhappiness and distrust of the government ever since Katrina.

What can this mean, if anything? And are there any other particular statistics or demographics about this selected target that might tell us something?

I can't quite put it together. I leave it to the hivemind...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dellmonty

Yes I did want to mention that "No more EBT" is quite distasteful and frowned upon as a thread title for this...

They were able to spend $50. Enough to feed someone until the problem was solved. Could they go to other stores to spend another $50? Or could they just get back in line again? Was it a situation where the store decided to temporarily cover the costs, trusting that the EBT would pay them back? Was the $50 limit a rule declared by EBT themselves, or a bid to satisfy the customers as much as they (the store owners) could reasonably justify until either the mess was resolved or more information was forthcoming?

Chinese cyber attack?

Random hacker?

Human error?

I did not read the article hehe... But I did read the op and realize they said "glitch".I just do not trust anyone anymore. It used to be "always be honest and people will appreciate you for it and will judge you less harshly for your mistakes" (so long as you haven't gone and chopped off some heads) [bonus movie trivia: "I drove through three states wearing her head as a hat."]

But now, people have learned that honesty is punished severely, so you are better off lying, because at least then you have some chance of escaping punishment!

It's true there is no honor anymore. Perhaps it could be rediscovered. Or reinspired...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This was deliberate. Prolly a dry run or some sort of stress test. I wonder where the affected states rank thain how much welfare they dole out. I live in MA and they are being affected here. I am pretty sure MA ranks as one of the top welfare states in the union.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join