It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDE research

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Hi , Im researching NDEs with OBE components and have a few questions.

1. When the person floats above their body do they ever see other astral bodies or souls from other people who have died in the same accident/war etc?

2. Do people see only or hear, smell, taste or feel anything?

3. Can they feel what other people are thinking telepathicaly.

4.Do people retain any part of their personality .

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

hamishsubedei
Hi , Im researching NDEs with OBE components and have a few questions.

1. When the person floats above their body do they ever see other astral bodies or souls from other people who have died in the same accident/war etc?

VERY interesting questions! For me anyway. I'll answer with my personal experience:

1. I have had hundreds (thousands?) of OOBEs. I've been practicing them for 20 years. I've had episodes where I could come out of my body, go back in, go back out, just practicing the separation. And NO, I don't recall seeing any other "astral" forms. I usually find myself separating and then shortly after it fades into a lucid dream, where I meet all kinds of people of course, but nothing whispy or astral per se.

2. Now that I think about it, I don't recall smelling anything in any dreams! While I know I've heard things, it's very diffrent than waking life. It's more of a sense of vibrations than hearing with ears. Of course, I FEEL everything. For me, that's what it's all about I guess. Yet again, it's not quite the same feeling as if something is touching the skin.

3. Never. Not for me.

4. I am always me in dreams and OOBEs. However, the 1 NDE I had was interesting in that, although I was me, I was something else. I had lost (gained?) something. I had lost myself. It's hard to describe. I was content to stay where I was, in darkness and in silence, forever, in what I can only describe as absolute complete ultimately perfect PEACE. Words can't begin to describe it. In my short few minutes out of body (near death), I was not dreaming. I was in the same rooom with my body. I had ZERO care about the body I perhaps was about to leave behind. I was so still and peaceful, not a single thought, and content to sit in that nothingness forever, without a single thought. Maybe I would have eventually got bored? Who knows. What I do know is that the burdens of this body are so heavy, any relief from it is JOY.

I know you didn't ask for OOBEs in general, but I think they could be related/similar.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
To clarify, I do believe my NDE was different from an OOBE. OOBEs always involve me moving...out of the body and into something else. The sheer stillness of the NDE was what really set it apart. I wasn't "dead" for very long though, so I may not even qualify as an NDE experiencer. So take my input with a grain of salt. I didn't see any angels or tunnels of light. I only saw my dead/dying body lying there next to me and the other person in the room holding my hand. I was in the same room/environment as I would have been in waking life, but without my body, so without any pain/discomfort...and without my brain, so no thoughts/ego/worries.

All that aside, I don't believe I would have roamed around forever as a ghost if I had died, but am not really sure what goes down. Different people report vastly different experiences, so it's hard to predict what you will encounter.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hamishsubedei

Hi.
Brilliant you are researching this ...
While i dont have anything to offer in the way of first hand experience .. I have researched this for over 25 years .. many hundreds if not over 2000 accounts.. as well as speaking with people face to face about their experience ....

1. - Yes - When people die in teh same event .. they report seeing each other in a 'group nde'
theres one specific example springs to mind ... will try get you the link to it ..

if searching google ... you could also try 'shared nde' .. but this can also refer to the experience being shared with someone who is not dying.

2 - People report hearing, seeing and feeling everything, with heightened clarity ... I dont recall anyone speaking of taste specifically, and wonder if it would exist, as theres likely no need to eat there ... however, taste is linked to smell, and many report smells, beautiful for heavenly, and foul sulphuric for a darker place ... again, as with all senses, heightened clarity, making everything seem 'more real'

3 - Yes ... they all speak with telapathy .. Zero scope for error or miscommunication or misunderstanding ... Im led to believe there is also zero privacy there .. as in .. what you think, can be heard ... but scary as this sound now .. it feels normal there .. and no need for privacy as ego and negativity do not belong there (in heaven) ...

4 - People retain all of their personality, (but lose ego and negativity to go into heaven) ... often i read people didnt even know they were dead, until they saw their dead body .. cos they felt 'so alive' .... more alive than ever

Good questions ... it sounds like you need the same questions as me answered ... i know belief isnt something you can switch off and on .. and is a long process of learning and understanding and integration ... but i now believe the things i just said, absolutely ...
It took even longer to believe .. cos when i read, time after time, that not only do we not die .. but the after life potentially can give us everything beyond what our wildest dreams could imagine .. then fairytale endings like that, make it all the harder to believe .. but that doesnt change the fact that iots true ... just makes it harder to believe ...

After almost 30 years of researching .. I dont research now to believe .. am already there, and nothing could dent my beliefs now i believe
... i do it cos i absolutely love this topic, and find it inspiring ... it lifts my heart and makes me feel closer to god in a way no book could ever do (for me) ... and warms my heart to know my deceased relatives likely faaar prefer where they are now and wouldnt come back for even a million pounds

Good luck on your path

If you want my 'opinion' on any other aspect .. feel free to ask ... i imagine you probably have an almost endless list of questions as your mind wanders ...

ETA - when i say people lose their ego and negativity, i mean when they go to heavenly realm ... but you can app[arently keep ego and negativity, and stay in a place more suited to that 'vibration', outside of the light ....

i suspect none of the NDE accounts i read have actually glimpsed heaven ... but more like a place outside of heaven, where they get their life review etc .. they describe it as heaven .. and am sure its very heavenly ... but usually are told they cannot cross a certain obstacle, like a wall, or door, etc .... else they will never be able to return .... So the NDErs we hear from have never crossed this 'obstacle' ... i suspect they have never yet seen real heaven, and come back to tell of it ...
edit on 13-10-2013 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

hamishsubedei

1. I had a NDE. The floating above my body happened just before re-entering my body and looking to see how I could do that. I was at about ceiling height and could see and hear the people working on me in the ER. Before that, however, I was reunited with those departed people whom I knew and a few I did not know had died, such as a playmate from childhood.

2. I saw, heard, no smell, felt mercy, peace and happiness and a yearning to reach some higher heavens that I was permitted to see and hear.

3. Everything was ordained and there was an order to things not under my control. So yes, if it's mandated.

4. I think so, but after something so profound, it immediately brings about change.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Segenam

I don't have any first hand experience with NDE, but I had to reply to your reference of "the shared death experience".

For anyone not knowledgeable of the topic, I would highly recommend you read up on this phenomena. Quite simply it is the eye witness account of person(s) in close proximity with the person who passes on. The witness actually reports of encountering the process (up to a point) of what transpires soon after death.

Its truly a fascinating phenomena!

One of the strangest type of near-death experiences (NDEs) involve people who are not near-death at all. However, because they are in close proximity to a dying loved one, they often experience a portion of their NDE. Such experiences are called "shared death experiences" (SDEs). While this type of phenomenon does not provide solid scientific evidence for the reality of out-of-body existence, they do provide excellent circumstantial evidence - especially if more than two people are involved.

www.near-death.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Does anyone have any sources for group nde stories and also soldiers or wartime NDE's as there would be many other souls leaving the bodies at the same time, train crash, plane crash, tsunami or other event where many people die simultaneously would be appreciated.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hamishsubedei

Here are 46 videos of NDE accounts from the show, I Survived, Beyond and Back.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
ok thankyou, does anyone have any sources for group nde experiences , not shared nde experience but multiple people dying at the same time and coming back together, i assume it must be really hard to find but perhaps ancient accounts from the battlefield or in relgious texts could provide fruitful

top topics

join