It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Dakota ranchers reel after 'catastrophic' storm leaves up to 100,000 cattle dead

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Unbelievably bad.

I don't think this us HAARP. Freak winter storms happen all the time, all over the northern hemisphere.

Wasn't there any weather warnings issued ahead of the storm so ranchers could keep them indoors? There's usually places you can transport animals to, in emergency situations such as weather or flooding. If they don't have the room. Other ranchers help out their neighbours.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What if it's the Earth's rotation, orbit or axis is off kilter?
I've been noticing the past seven years or so, that spring starts late, but so does fall. It's like the seasons are pushed ahead by about a month or more. It's the seasons that are changing, not really the weather. The weather is a result of that seeming to be.

Or is somebody altering our world clocks? I frankly wouldn't know if they added in an extra few minutes a day. I just adjust my clocks when the power goes out. I look at my phone or TV for the time.

Personally I think it's just normal weather cycles. It can seem bizarre when you haven't experienced "anything like it before".

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

The quake off Indonesia that created the tsunami that killed over 200,000 people in se asia....was that created by HAARP? And what about the 2011 tsunami that hit Japan? HAARP induced? I don't know but it does fit the bill as 'tests' that mayhave been engineered by the military-industrial complex for many reasons. Anyone have any comments?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Then the stars would be in the wrong place. They aren't.

Or is somebody altering our world clocks? I frankly wouldn't know if they added in an extra few minutes a day.
Then the stars would be in the wrong place. They aren't.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pandersway

I have a comment.
HAARP cannot manipulate the weather or cause earthquakes.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

meaning I am shocked by the damage and the storm...

weird since I had a dream about it a few years back...

as to your theories, I am with Phage...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

violet
reply to post by Phage

Then, for example, polaris would be due north. Go out tonight with a compass. Easy to check.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Probably not even a drop in the bucket as far as the number of cows in South Dakota.
They are listed as one of the top five states for beef production but Texas produces more beef than any other state. Don't worry you will have your steak ad cheese burgers.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Of course this is tragic but in the larger picture SD is not the major beef producer although in the top five states producing beef. I doubt it will have any major effects on the industry as a whole. Perhaps if SD was the only beef producing state this could effect the industry. We only have two states that produce oranges and a freeze in Florida which has happened would effect the Orange industry. I don't know if they ever get a hard freeze in California. I'm thinking not because it's in the desert.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

Yeah snow this time of year is wetter and therefore heavier than the fine powder that falls when it's really cold. We always loose limbs from the trees when we get wet snow. That's also when the powerlines go down.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This was a huge freaky storm that happened so early that most of the livestock did not have their winter coats. They were soaked to the bone first and then the blizzard set snowfall records for the entire month of October in a mere three days.. That was a perfect event of killing 'outside' livestock.

www.weather.com...

Across the state, snow totals averaged – averaged! – 30 inches (76 cm). Some isolated areas recorded almost 5 feet (140 cm), The Weather Channel reported. That’s shoulder-height-deep for most people.

rapidcityjournal.com...

In addition, Christen said, during the cold months, ranchers tend to move their cattle to pastures that have more trees and gullies to protect them from storms. Because Friday's storm arrived so early in the year, most ranchers were still grazing their herds on summer pasture, which tend to be more exposed and located farther away from ranch homes.

Reading around there are records both cold and warm for 2013... It has never been so cold in the Netherlands on 11 October which set a cold record. Today’s temperature at the official weather station in De Bilt rose to only 8.6°C. The previous record dates back to 1975 when it reached 9.7°C

notrickszone.com...
Snow Falls Weeks Early In Munich! …Meteorologist: “Winter Strikes Unusually Early And Severely”! -

Meteorologists warned us that snow was on the way and would fall below the 500 m elevation in southern Germany and elsewhere. Moreover, they warned us that this winter could be one of the worst in 100 years for Central Europe. - See more at: notrickszone.com...[/e xnews]

‘It began to snow in the Bavarian capital of Munich yesterday evening at about 6 p.m. Many of my meteorologist colleagues had believed this to be improbable,’ said meteorologist Dominik Jung: ‘This year winter has struck early and unusually severely. South of Munich up to 20 centimeters of snow was able to pile up.’” - See more at: notrickszone.com...[/e xnews]

Die Welt adds that schools have been closed in some localities, 22,000 households in Austria have lost power, trains have come to a standstill, and traffic has been in chaos. - See more at: notrickszone.com...[/e xnews]
iceagenow.info...
100mph winds to batter Britain! Indian summer ends as UK is set for ‘-3C Arctic plunge’
online.wsj.com.../1

The village of Gambell sits on one end of Alaska's St. Lawrence Island. For as long as many here can remember, hunters in this Eskimo village have managed to kill enough walruses to last through the brutal Arctic winter.

“The ice was so bad we couldn’t get out,” said Brian Aningayou. The 38-year-old hunter bagged only four walruses compared with his normal take of 20.

With the solar minimum we are experiencing there is a good possibility that this winter will be a doozy if the sun is the main culprit which IMO it is.

As much as people want to believe in a constant for the weather that is not the case. I can agree with climate change because..... It Changes!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

We only have two states that produce oranges and a freeze in Florida which has happened would effect the Orange industry. I don't know if they ever get a hard freeze in California. I'm thinking not because it's in the desert.

What? There are more than just 2 states producing oranges & citrus in general. Arizona, California, Florida and Texas all produce them, not just the go-to duo.
For comparison, here's a neat chart showing the outputs for citrus types in each state where applicable. It's not this year's due to the USDA's NASS page being offline due to the shutdown, but it's still worth checking it out:
edocs.dlis.state.fl.us...

As to the cattle loss, even if it's a solid 100,000 lost out of the roughly what, 90,000,000 cattle in the US? That's still waaay under 1% of the total number in the country lost. While I'm pretty sure it's going to absolutely hurt the ranchers that lost them, I doubt it's going to drive up prices all that much. I'd be surprised if it's even a 10 cent hike per lb, to be honest.
edit on 10/13/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I feel that this is just a freak snow storm. HAARP was supposed to be shut down according to Disclose TV because they forgot to turn in their budget.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

ParanoidAmerican
I have lived in the area for 25 years and was stuck in my house for three days(second longest duration), dug out and the area look like a tornado hit. Buildings caved in, trees tops and limb broken, power lines down (there are still people without power), cars burred in the ditches many fleeing tourists trying to beat the storm out, and the cows piled along the interstate are insane.....I would be happy to answer any questions anyone has.

We got 2-3 inches of rain quickly followed by 3-4 feet of snow across half the state.
edit on 13-10-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)
you have my sympathies on that sight i have witnessed it twice in my life in the north of scotland in 97 i got the train home when the windchill was minus 50 and was greeted with mile after mile of dead animals in the fields their was not one dry eye on that train that morning

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

violet
reply to post by Phage

I've been noticing the past seven years or so, that spring starts late, but so does fall. It's like the seasons are pushed ahead by about a month or more. It's the seasons that are changing, not really the weather. The weather is a result of that seeming to be.

Or is somebody altering our world clocks? I frankly wouldn't know if they added in an extra few minutes a day. I just adjust my clocks when the power goes out. I look at my phone or TV for the time.

Personally I think it's just normal weather cycles. It can seem bizarre when you haven't experienced "anything like it before".
there was a solar storm last week check out the huffinton post .
ever notice when you have a hot summer the winter is usually really bad

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Phage

Seriously?
You think HAARP was used to create a storm in South Dakota? South Dakota? Really?

I do, think they're attacking farms and food, and its a nonstop act of war declared against the people: haarp, and related technology, GMO, radiation everywhere, toxins in our food, water and air. Inequality and starvation. Warfare, they're all unofficial, unannounced acts of war by very dark hatted beings. I don't call them human.

Possibly want to hand over all the farms to china, and this is agenda 21 by Murder Incorporated.
edit on 13-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Beef price may spike from this.

Losing a 100,000 animals is like a Biblical Judgement.

Were these Angus certified?

Earlier this year or last, during Tornado season, I seen footage on youtube of a What looked like a giant light beam tracking the storm/tornado.

It was helicopter footage of storm so it could have been an infrared tracker for camera focus from the Helicopter.

One issue was, the angle of the light was from high above the storm. I am having a hard time finding this footage on youtube now.

It was labeled a UFO, but i seen a Light Beam tracking instead.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Usually it's us up here that gets clobbered about this time of the year. But since it was an early storm, the storm track stayed south.

Kinda funny, when we get that kind of weather up here, it doesn't even make the news. Big difference between North and South Dakota. LOL!

I do have to agree with most here- the weather has been changing for some 20 years now. The last "real" upper northern plains winter I remember was about 1991. Since then, it's been changing rapidly, first one extreme, then the other. It seems pretty normal to me, and it seems a lot of our folks in government are crying "wolf". Climate change is normal for earth. Even the Sahara swings from desert to lush tropical land every 20 thousand years or so.

Learn to adapt.

RJ

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Nyiah
I'm just going to back burner this one until they have a definitive head count (no pun intended) My Google-fu netted returns citing anywhere from 20,000 cattle lost to this Fox-reported 100k loss of cattle. It really reads like a who's who list gunning for shock value ratings. I'm not even going to bother putting in links, just search "cattle die after dakota storm" & wade through all the varying returns to get the idea.

I am with you, numbers seem inflated. Cattle, especially these Dakota herds, are hearty animals who live through long extensive winters. This time of year there are a great number of new born and these young would have been the first at risk. Then the old and sick. Yea ranchers take a hit but herd ends up being stronger for it and cattle calf year round, they dumb or smart, that way lol. So the ranchers can recover quicker than you think.

It may cause prices to spike but that depends on the type of cattle that died. If all the market ready cattle survive then prices won't rise much, not now anyway. More real data is needed.

As for haarp, yes it Could have been. Note said could, no reason to believe it was but is the type of strange weather event it is supposedly capable of. Phagy, note said supposedly before your use your firey breath on me. Lol

The Bot

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
100 thousand!?

That's a lot of burgers. Are they sure of that number?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join