It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Greetings everyone,

I just joined this site, and am looking forward to hearing from some like minded individuals. I have always been a believer that there is more to what is going on in our world than what the mainstream media pushes onto our TV sets on a daily basis. I have also been very curious as to the nature of our existence, and that why is it as a species, we all have amnesia about where, when, and how we came about. So much of our history is not known, and so much is either destroyed, lost, or hidden. This makes me truly sad for our race. I do think that it is more than just coincidence that we all have the instinctual need to look up at the stars, and explore. I honestly feel that we are not from this planet, if we were, why do we find it so hard to live here? Why are we not comfortable with our planet? We will do anything it takes, suck all of the resources from this planet in order to do what? Find another planet? What is wrong with the one we have? We have this unstoppable need to develop technology, weapons, and play god with genetics. I do believe that at one time, there was a race of man, most likely Australopithecus, who was the actual earth hominid, and then someone came down from the stars, and made us from them. We killed them off. And then our creators left us here. And now we have this need, to find home. These are just my ideas and opinions, but as I said, it is more than just coincidence that a majority of us feels this desire, and need to leave this planet. If we were truly happy to be here, why would we need air conditioned homes, shopping malls, hospitals, space stations, cell phones, cars. We would be like the monkeys in the jungle, or the deer that walk the plains. We would be happy, and content. But alas we are not, we are scared, we are lonely. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Emerys

Well, hello, and welcome to ATS! You certainly seem to have come to the right place, as virtually every question and mystery we can imagine is discussed here at some time or another! Check the Freshman Forum here - link, and maybe Board Business here - another link for some help with site navigation and usage. It's pretty simple overall, and there are always people to offer help if you need it. You will surely find many things of interest here.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Thank you! Yes I am loving things I am reading so far! This is definitely a hobby of mine.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerys

We have this unstoppable need to develop technology, weapons, and play god with genetics.

Welcome to ATS Emerys. You made a nice statement here which I agree with. Man is intimately linked with technology... to take technology away from man leads him directly back to nature, as you described...

We would be like the monkeys in the jungle, or the deer that walk the plains. We would be happy, and content. But alas we are not, we are scared, we are lonely.

Hey Emerys, if humans keep on building technology, soon, you can build a perfection recreation of life where you can experience all the happiness that you need! But what is happiness without some experience of suffering? Without suffering to compare, happiness is just a little word.

Anyway.. you are going to find lot's of threads about these good subjects on ATS. Join in and have fun

edit on 10/13/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: fix my quote tags

top topics

join