It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Michael Aquino next 'Ask Me Anything' guest, former Satanist now "Setian"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Greetings fellow ATSers! As Springer has said, the next 'Ask Me Anything' guest on ATS will be Dr. Michael Aquino.

Here is the sneak peek from the announcement:

In 1980 an obscure internal U.S. Army concept paper, “From PSYOP to MindWar”, accidentally became public. Though only a brief, theoretical speculation, it exploded into the focus of alarmist rumors and debates for the next three decades. Is the government involved in invasion of the mind beyond the blundering, haphazard legacy of the infamous MKULTRA experiments? Even more unsettling, do such efforts extend beyond conventional scientific research to dark and arcane arts whose very existence is the stuff of legend? The answers are here, in this book by one of that 1980 paper’s co-authors, Lt. Colonel Michael Aquino. Originally intended for the eyes of government policymakers alone, it is now openly available. Ironically _MindWar_ is unclassified only because a level high enough to embrace it has never been anticipated or even conceptualized. What it is capable of setting in motion is simply beyond all previous human interactive experience.

This introduction to the upcoming guest, although intriguing, hardly scratches the surface and is taken from the description of his book on Amazon. There are a few reviews which praise the contents of the book:

You will never look at mass media, social networking pop culture psychology or the nature of warfare in all its forms the same way again.

Sounds pretty good so far, hey?

For those that are not familiar with Michael Aquino or his work, I'd like to present a bit of additional background information. This is not intended to be biographically exhaustive, so please follow up with some of your own research.

Michael A. Aquino is the founder of the Temple of Set, a small occultist order created by members of the Church of Satan. From the link:

The temple was founded by members of the Church of Satan, who left that organization in 1975 because of administrative and philosophical disagreements with its founder Anton Szandor LaVey. The main founder, Michael Aquino, had joined the Church of Satan in 1969 and had risen rapidly in the church's hierarchy. Aquino has stated that he believed LaVey to not be merely a charismatic leader or philosopher, but to have been actually appointed by Satan himself (referring to this charismatic authority as the "Infernal Mandate") to found the church. After the split of 1975, Aquino believed LaVey had lost the mandate, which the "Prince of Darkness" then transferred to Aquino and his new organization, the Temple of Set.

Many people may have heard of the Temple of Set due to the following (from the same link):

Controversy

The organization and its leading members were vilified and criticized during the so-called Satanic Panic of the 1980s and 1990s.

Here is a YouTube video of the Geraldo Rivera show on which Aquino was a guest during the "Satanic Panic" (fast-forward to the 3:15 mark to have a look). Try to ignore the smatterings of propaganda on the screen throughout the video:

Here's a pic from that video:

And a more recent pic:

And another video on Oprah:

Here is the Official Temple of Set Website, which includes a message from the High Priestess.

I will not draw any conclusions in this thread, as there is currently nothing against ATS Terms and Conditions contained herein.

edit on 10/12/2013 by InTheFlesh1980 because: change title, add video

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Looks to be an interesting AMA week.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
did he put Rogaine on his eyebrows?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Major score again!
This should get things "fired" up around here!

I really want to know who Set is..

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I really want to know who Set is..

As far as I know, Set is commander over the god Ready, but subserviant to the all-powerful and almighty god Hike.

"Ready, Set, Hike!"

But seriously, this should be interesting. You mods are going to have your work cut out for you!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Seriously though...what's up with the hair & eyebrows...if he's trying to make sure people can tell he's a satanist just by looking at him then I'd say he succeeded

Will be an interesting read

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

I believe he is going for a cross between Eddie Munster and the look commonly called the "Isaac", courtesy of Children of the Corn.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Oo spooky, just in time for hallow's eve
What date with this AMA be on? Which forum will it be in?
Should we bring an apple to class that day?

"appointed by Satan himself" he says? Does that mean the beast will speak through him?
Will he have psychic powers? Could probably get some better answers than all the others we questioned, the beast is all knowing. That's how you know your talking to one, because they know things they couldn't possibly know. Not sure it's safe to have a chat with a demon. I might back off on this one and just lurk.

I had an Egyptian doctor with eyebrows like that. He creeped me out! His accent always sounded like he was hissing.

edit on 13-10-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

InTheFlesh1980
reply to post by coldkidc

I believe he is going for a cross between Eddie Munster and the look commonly called the "Isaac", courtesy of Children of the Corn.

I think he's going for this look lol

Or Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I think this will be the most intriguing and interesting AMA yet.

edit on 10/13/2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Set or Seth is basically another name for satan, lucifer, userper, lord of the flies, the serpent, asorah, ashtar, prince of darkness, etc.basd on ancient Egyptian dieties or pharaoh's.
Who else would they hold so high?

This cult uses the same degrees set up as the Rosucrucian cult, or golden dawn. Rosicrucians will always deny they are in any way affiliated with satanism. These cults are one and the same even though they may differ in some of the philosophies or teachings. They all work for the same employer, so to speak. In fact some of this denial they have may be ignorance, for many who join are not aware of who they really worship. They think believing in a "higher power" must mean God.

That the light or illumination is something nice when its actually the light bearer or lucifer who is made of light, that they really mean. People start meditating to let this light in. Demons need an invitation. They need you to ask for them to come.

They believe in immortality.
That's just a deceptive way of attempting to reassure their members that they don't need to worry about death, because they will transform into a higher level of being once they die, So you do not die and go before God to be judged. So do as you wish in life, there are no consequences to be suffered. Be evil. Its ok.

Anyways this guy won't answer truthfully when confronted with such questions . Remember the first rule they have is to never admit to anything that would cause concern.

Ask him what he thinks of Jesus if you want to ruffle his feathers. Watch how he will twist it into something like there was another Jesus, the real one.

No. Satan is the father of all lies. A manipulator.

Why is this site promoting satan???

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
it will be good to have a fellow satanist on i hope to pick his brains on a few things

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Ooh... I am really liking these AMA threads. First Paulides and now Aquino. Just last night I was reading about the Temple of Set. It's like ATS is reading my mind.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Why is this site promoting satan???

Neither the owners, nor staff are promoting Satan, or the views of any other guest they have hosted. It's a question and answer session. An opportunity to learn. That's it.

Although I have heard that Klingon rituals are associated with becoming a moderator, and moving up the chain of command. However, I am unable to substantiate these claims at present, or name names.

edit on 10/13/2013 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

This is awesome.

I've been studying "satanic" philosophy since I was 15. So, about 13 years.

I started with Lavey, of course, and the Church of Satan. I've wanted to join for a long time but never did. After a while the Church of Satan comes off as gimmicky.

I was just reading about the Temple of Set last night, and his book "Mind Wars" seems interesting.

This should be a good AMA.
edit on 13-10-2013 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Let me get this straight: this dude believes in Satan and worships him too? To this very day?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It takes all kinds, ey?

Well... this shall be interesting and I cannot wait to see what kind of Bologna he has been eating all these years. I wonder if it's just beef or the whole nasty shebang?

Maybe his soul will see the light when he visits ATS.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

I do not feel a promotion of satan or whatever. I see it more scientific in nature.

Someone that many may have questions for, or a curiosity.

I personally get a very uncomfortable feeling and prefer NOT to see the images again. He certainly gives a creepy vibe to me, sorry..
edit on 13-10-2013 by HanzHenry because: spelling

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Did you notice that Set Sat as the Sitting Sha because Jesus died on the Cross for your Sinae? Figuratively speaking of course.

It would seem that "The Sitting One" is actually Atlas the Turtle that Dove aka Atlantis the Column.
Which indicates this is also the "Rising One", aka the Phoenix or as we like to call it the "Sun" in it's yearly transition.

Sol Invictus aka Helios the Hellenic hellbent iteration of Hel whom hides in Holland under the name Frau Holle?

Holle? That's the WHOLE HOLE of Holos you know???
The Well symbolized as a Whale or the Gorgoneion of Bahamut?

In order to know the map/atlas you must know the symbols.
To know the symbols you must read the legend.

Hehe I am going to go ahead an post that.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me the difference between a Satanist and a Setian? They seem like basically the same thing. Is there a real difference?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join