It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer children must die due to shutdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
www.nationalmemo.com...

NIH says because of the shutdown it will deny 10 kids per week which I dont believe adds up in and of itself, and especially because of how would they know how many they will deny in advance per week, plus the following story

www.nbcnews.com...

Here NBC reports that they made 12 exceptions between Oct 1 and Oct 9, but those exceptions are only the children determined in 'crisis'... all others have to wait - or die waiting

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Shut down or not, children are being neglected around the World. That's the saddest part.

Seriously, our priorities as a spieces is poor. Children should be our TOP priority.

And the media shouldn't use children as props for political gain.

S&F

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This is from the blog of a woman whose 4 year old son died of cancer, who has dedicated her life to helping other kids.

hiked that thing like it was cancer itself and I was kicking its ass. Actually, I thought of that a-hole Harry Reid, who a couple of weeks ago was asked by a reporter if one child could be helped with cancer, why wouldn’t he do it. I pretended like I was kicking his ass.

I’ve been so mad about this for the past week or so. Makes me sick. This sums up in a nutshell, why our world is so screwed up. Because people are so selfish and have such egos and agendas, that kids dying of cancer is not even a glitch on our governments radar.

It is so shameful and embarrassing. When are these people going to pull their heads our of their asses and realize that the number one disease killer of kids, deserves some major attention?

By not letting these kids go on their clinical trials, you are KILLING them. But thank you, Mr. Harry Reid. You win the douchebag of the year award for being such an insensitive prick.

I truly wish she could meet up with mr. Reid (and many of the other a holes in congress) - Pretty sure that would take care of the problem!

rockstarronan.com...#!/page/1

edit on 12-10-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

EVERY politician should spend some time with children who are less fortunate.

Not for publicity, but to gain just a bit of humanity from the sight of someone truly suffering.

They make me sick.

Ugh.......

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I agree, for some it might work, because they have never actually experienced suffering and have no idea what some people go through.

But, unfortunately, I think too many of them are completely incapable of empathy at all - that's the real problem.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

When the president can sign an executive order for most anything and won't and a Senate majority leader that says "why should we" why would we even want to reopen this government.

There is nothing lower then using kids for political reasons but sick children, where is the 300+ million outcry over this, this should cross all lines and beliefs and these " bottom feeders" should be removed.

join