It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop on video to pedestrian: Stay out of Philly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Did a search and didn't find anything.

Update: Lt. John Stanford, a police spokesman, said an “active investigation” is underway by Internal Affairs. He said the investigation, not the video, would determine whether the officers “acted appropriate in all aspects of their job.” A source identified one of the cops as Officer Philip Nace of the 25th District. I just called over there and was told that Nace is “on the street.” No doubt treating all pedestrians with the utmost respect.

This disturbing video of two Philadelphia police officers berating two men on the street was brought to our attention following today’s Daily News story about ex-cop Herbert Spellman and ongoing problems with Philadelphia’s stop-and-frisk policy. We’ll update this post when we have more information about the stop.

Read more at www.philly.com...

The YouTube video, which was filmed Sept. 27 according to accompanying text, starts with one of the cops calling out, “Yo, my man,” and the man responding, “How you doing, sir?” And it goes downhill, quickly. An officer threatens to one man that he’ll “split your wig open” and calls one a “f---ing dirty ass.” When they complain that they haven’t done anything wrong, the officer responds: “Why don’t you shut the f--- up! Everyone thinks they’re a f---ing lawyer and they don’t know jack sh--.”

“You’re jaywalking, by the way,” the second officer adds.

The first officer later says: “Don’t come to f---ing Philadelphia, stay in Jersey.”

“I have family out here,” the man responds.

“Yeah, don’t come over here,” says the cop. “We don’t want you here, anyway. All you do is weaken the country.”

“How do I weaken the country? By working?” the man asks.

“No, freeloading,” the cops says.

Read more at www.philly.com...

Link

Link2

Saw this posted on Facebook. It's pretty sickening how many videos there are these days of cops treating people like this. The video was posted at the end of last month and is going viral now, and apparently they are investigating this situation, of course we don't know the whole situation but it looks like they didn't have a reason to stop and harass these guys like this. Will try to watch for an update to the investigation. I hope something is done about this, and all of the other cases like this. It's pretty ridiculous that some police act like this, and give a bad name to all of the other police who are actually trying to HELP people.

edit on Sun Oct 13 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: used source title to replace this: Philly cops recorded in racially-abusive stop-and-frisk: ‘All you do is weaken the f—ing country

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The scum of the planet.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

qwerty12345
The scum of the planet.

Hmm. Not sure if you mean just these guys, or police in general. Not all cops are like this, there are still some cops who actually want to serve and protect the public, not treat them like trash.
If you mean just these guys, there are more cops than just these guys who do even worse things, such as beating innocent people nearly to death.
Or there's always this which doesn't have anything to do with police, but is probably one of the most horrifying and saddening things I've read.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Havox

by acting in this manner these peace officers are giving all the good police officers a bad name......ive said it before ...the problem is that police no longer serve and protect...as far as I can see they are just simply revenue collectors...the trust is gone between people and police and the more of this kinda thing get out into the public view the worse it will get.....sad really...as I am sure many police join the ranks with good intentions

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
reply to post by Havox

by acting in this manner these peace officers are giving all the good police officers a bad name......ive said it before ...the problem is that police no longer serve and protect...as far as I can see they are just simply revenue collectors...the trust is gone between people and police and the more of this kinda thing get out into the public view the worse it will get.....sad really...as I am sure many police join the ranks with good intentions

I think it's better for it to be "out into the public view." People need to know it's happening rather than them doing it with zero consequences. We just have to hope that people have a little bit of common sense to understand that not all police work this way, I'm sure that a lot of people that go into police work with good intentions stay with their intentions and don't act like this.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Havox
“Yeah, don’t come over here,” says the cop. “We don’t want you here, anyway. All you do is weaken the country.”

Did I hear that right at about 14:08? Did the cop admit they use deadly force against people who are scared and run? If you run ... we'll run you over with our car? Sheesh!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Yep, I didn't catch that the first time. That's what he said.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Havox

I got about a minute in and then had to stop. I've seen these types of videos too many times. They make me so upset.

I will never understand how police officers are allowed to be fat. Fat and racist. lol

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Havox
Hmm. Not sure if you mean just these guys, or police in general. Not all cops are like this, there are still some cops who actually want to serve and protect the public, not treat them like trash.

If the majority of cops were clean, they would be removing this criminal trash out of their ranks. Especially in the leadership. Instead, the blue line gang takes care of it's own. The same thing happens in politics.

The quantity of "bad guys" has reached the tipping point where they are sucessful at protecting each other.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

juspassinthru

Havox

If the majority of cops were clean, they would be removing this criminal trash out of their ranks. Especially in the leadership. Instead, the blue line gang takes care of it's own. The same thing happens in politics.

The quantity of "bad guys" has reached the tipping point where they are sucessful at protecting each other.

Before anything is done they have to investigate, which I agree takes longer than it should considering the evidence against most of these guys. But, usually after all of that there is action taken. Most of the cleaner cops aren't in leadership roles, they're normal cops who can't really do anything about it except report what they see.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
...the trust is gone between people and police and the more of this kinda thing get out into the public view the worse it will get.....sad really...as I am sure many police join the ranks with good intentions

That whole "trust" thing goes out the window when the cops start filing false police reports, providing false testimony, dealing contraband or ...... when the paper bags stuffed with cash make an appearance.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

qwerty12345
The scum of the planet.

Quoted for truth. Philly is one of the most racist places on the planet. You always hear that the south is racist, go to Philly (I'm about an hour away to the NW in Berks County PA), go to Boston and those places make the South seem like it embraces diversity.

Good and cop are as far as part as the Universe is wide.

Derek

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

Id like to interject

ALL cops are Scum!

Even the "ones that just want to help"

They are actually the worst. Good men who stand silent in the face of abuse like this are

Evil.

Any cop who tries to speak up doesn't last long in the gang of government thugs.

So,to reiterate ,

ALL COPS ARE SCUM!
edit on 17-10-2013 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

I would give one of my testicles for 24 hours in an abandoned warehouse with a few of these pigs tied up, reserviour dogs wont have nothing on me. All i would need is a car battery, razor blades, some salt n viniger, black duct tape and a needle, if I can be granted one wish God please let it be this.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I saw this sometime ago and resist posting it here,when vids like this are posted on ATS it brings out the worst in some members so far the response have been good and empathetic ,I know it's a form of self censorship but by me not posting it I am contributing to the fact that this is the new normal and I should stop doing that, a similar situation without the racial angle.

A Chicago woman has sued the village of Skokie and one of its police officers, alleging she was seriously injured after being shoved headfirst into a jail cell bench after a drunken driving arrest last winter.

Cassandra Feuerstein, 47, said in a federal lawsuit that the incident required facial reconstructive surgery and the insertion of a titanium plate to "replace the bones that had been shattered."
articles.chicagotribune.com... ficer

From Courthouse News Service:

Texas lawmen broke into a woman's house without a warrant to arrest her on bogus marijuana charges, and filmed it for a constable's YouTube reality show, the 61-year-old woman claims in court.

Perla Carr sued Montgomery County, Texas, its District Attorney Brett Ligon, its Precinct 4 Constable Kenneth "Rowdy" Hayden, Precinct 4 Chief Barry Welch and three other deputy constables, in Federal Court.

The woman says that "loud noises of someone breaking into her home" awoke her at about 10:15 p.m. on Sept. 22, 2011.

"The intruders called Perla out of her bedroom and when she came out of the bedroom there was at least one gun with laser sights pointed at her chest by law enforcement officers with Precinct 4, Montgomery County, Texas," the complaint states.

The five officers proceeded to search every room, then arrested Carr's son for felony marijuana possession, she says in the suit.

"Perla was put into handcuffs and made to sit in a lawn chair outside the residence," according to the complaint. "The handcuffs were very tight and caused extreme pain.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...##ixzz2i2vObJcV

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join