It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus rides with the cops—and taxpayers foot the bill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

FreeMason

HooHaa
The Christian equivalent of the Taliban .. Please..

OH so they are out there cutting off the hands of the thieves, and beheading the infidels, and mutilating some vaginas on the side?

No, you're correct -- they're not cutting off hands, beheading infidels, and mutilating vaginas.

Christians are burning witches in Africa though. Religion of peace you say?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

At the end of last week, a 20-year-old woman, Kepara Leniata, was doused in gasoline and burned at the stake for witchcraft in Papua New Guinea. Her persecution and murder was apparently initiated by the relatives of a six-year-old boy who had died. Obviously the death of a child is a terrible event, but even accusing Leniata of witchcraft seems archaic.

According to British scholar Robin Briggs, accusations of witchcraft can be either petty or extraordinary. Extraordinary: he blighted my crop, she gave my child scarlet fever, she made my pigs ill. Or the more petty examples: a British man once claimed witchcraft when a woman arose from her seat and offered it to him. A woman who had lost all of her children through miscarriage and stillbirth was accused of witchcraft because she no longer cried at the death of others' babies.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Honestly, from the OPs source link to the original article....I don't really see the problem here.

Like the source says, the police department is trying to lower the crime right since it is skyrocketing. There have been other secular methods proposed but funding is an issue. The pastors are not getting paid and the policemen get paid the same regardless...Any secular methods of psychological counseling and youth development programs would cost significantly more than the current "Christian outreach" program. With our current budget issues....Can anyone suggest something better?

Or is it really just a problem because so many wounded atheists despise Christianity?

On another note, anyone care to guess how long Correctional Chaplains have been a part of the prison system here in the United States?
(Hint: American Correctional Chaplains Association was established in the late 1800's)

Let's just go ahead and get rid of that too while we're at it....

A2D

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Evil_Santa

FreeMason

HooHaa
The Christian equivalent of the Taliban .. Please..

OH so they are out there cutting off the hands of the thieves, and beheading the infidels, and mutilating some vaginas on the side?

No, you're correct -- they're not cutting off hands, beheading infidels, and mutilating vaginas.

Christians are burning witches in Africa though. Religion of peace you say?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

At the end of last week, a 20-year-old woman, Kepara Leniata, was doused in gasoline and burned at the stake for witchcraft in Papua New Guinea. Her persecution and murder was apparently initiated by the relatives of a six-year-old boy who had died. Obviously the death of a child is a terrible event, but even accusing Leniata of witchcraft seems archaic.

According to British scholar Robin Briggs, accusations of witchcraft can be either petty or extraordinary. Extraordinary: he blighted my crop, she gave my child scarlet fever, she made my pigs ill. Or the more petty examples: a British man once claimed witchcraft when a woman arose from her seat and offered it to him. A woman who had lost all of her children through miscarriage and stillbirth was accused of witchcraft because she no longer cried at the death of others' babies.

Nothing in that article even mentions a religion of faith, let alone Christianity....even just reading the title you can gather that much

The pensioners being burned alive as witches by their own FAMILIES... so they can profit from lucrative land
burned alive as witches, because they want the LAND....not because religious differences....

Next time please link something relevant or don't link anything at all....
Thanks.

A2D

edit on 14-10-2013 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

SevenThunders

xDeadcowx
reply to post by SevenThunders

I have a question in my post, in case you missed i will quote it here. I am curious of your answer since you seem to support this.

What if it was a Muslim Imam, or a Hindu Brahma that was riding along with these police officers? Would that also be acceptable? Would you support that in the same way you support this?

If the community was dumb enough to approve the use of the agents of satan, then that is their perogative. As it is you have a master satanist, Michael Aquno running an accused pedo cult, temple of set while retaining his many high level clearances as a colonel in the army. Does that bother you at all?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Things like that never bother liberals, that's why they support cults of personality like Obama and Clinton, even though their crimes and murders pile up before God.
edit on 12-10-2013 by SevenThunders because: spelling

Don't even get me started on that guy. He is a fraud and an embarrassment to his uniform.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

winofiend

honested3
Nothing helps ease the mind of someone who just went through something traumatic quite like the cold logic of knowing that were all just born to die, and in the end we were all just animals and there is no God or purpose to life, but at least a few tax dollars were saved and the progress of the human species void of God is well underway, so hurry up with getting through this all alone because tax dollars are thoroughly being used for more meaningful purposes anyways.

Really?

Sure, it's better to tell them that a faery god will grant them ever lasting salvation when it's their turn to pop off the mortal coil. that will surely cheer them up and put a spark in their step. And if it doesn't well then they're probably sinners, and off to hell with them.

Right?

"Dear santa, please give me back my mommie. I was real good and I wont ask for a bike next year."

All religion aside, just having someone there to help you get through something traumatic is helpful and overall a good thing. It can avoid suicide, or even a violent outburst etc. I mean there are so many Christians out there who are fake as ever, but this to me is how real Christians should be, and yet some people are upset with it. Maybe you might think they are vulnerable, but they are not stuffing their belief down their throats. What is your solution? "I am so sorry your husband just got murdered mam, but take comfort in the fact that he is dead and you will never see him again ever, not in this life or any life because were all just born to die, but my cold logic and many degrees to further prove this should really warm you up." No thanks.

What an arrogant selfish view. Jsut because someone is an atheist does not make then a heartless heathen.

I'm getting really sick of the xtian high and mighty crap on ATS... non stop..

"oh look at us we're perfect but YOU heathens are scum, sinners, eat babies and dance on graves. Otherwise youd be in a church with us!"

pfft.

Did it ever cross your mind that, in a region that is overwhelmingly Christian, that some traumatized people might find some comfort in having a clergyman around?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Grimpachi
reply to post by ScottishBiker420

I really wish it was a joke.

My uncle who is a pastor lives there and the last time I visited there were more churches than I could count in the area. I don't think they need to be recruiting it seemed to me if anyone was looking for spiritual guidance they didn't have to go far.

Generally speaking, the more churches there are in a given area -- the worse the people tend to be. You might not outwardly see anything, but the rates of sexual abuse and other "inside the house" crimes are usually higher.

When I drive by the churches in my area on Sunday, I make a point to say, "Wow, look at all the guilty feeling people".

Sexual abusers sometimes come off as the most religious people. They seem to believe that if they sit in a building once a week and hear someone read from a 2,000 year old book they're "absolved" from their crimes.

Remember, if your a Christian you can do whatever you want to anyone you want ... as long as you repent.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

Grimpachi
reply to post by ScottishBiker420

I really wish it was a joke.

My uncle who is a pastor lives there and the last time I visited there were more churches than I could count in the area. I don't think they need to be recruiting it seemed to me if anyone was looking for spiritual guidance they didn't have to go far.

Generally speaking, the more churches there are in a given area -- the worse the people tend to be. You might not outwardly see anything, but the rates of sexual abuse and other "inside the house" crimes are usually higher.

When I drive by the churches in my area on Sunday, I make a point to say, "Wow, look at all the guilty feeling people".

Sexual abusers sometimes come off as the most religious people. They seem to believe that if they sit in a building once a week and hear someone read from a 2,000 year old book they're "absolved" from their crimes.

Remember, if your a Christian you can do whatever you want to anyone you want ... as long as you repent.

Generalize much? Do you have any sort of citations for that or are you just making unfounded assumptions?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Pretty much unfounded speculation based on my personal experience growing up and living in a highly "religious" community.

I could bring up the pedo-priest scandals...

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Generally speaking, you're decisively wrong....atleast according to any case studies I can find online at the moment....

Source

In this article, we have analyzed the effect of religion on crime as reported in previous empirical studies.
We examined data from 60 studies, and we found that religion had a statisitically significant, moderately sized effect on crime
of about r= -.12. Since Hirschi and Stark's (1969) finding of religious nondeterrance, many sociologists
have questioned whether religion has any effect on crime. Our findings give confidence that religion does
indeed have some deterrent effect.

Now I've provided my case study. Can you provide yours?

A2D
edit on 14-10-2013 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Thanks for the info...I'll have to go over that!

I can admit when I fly off the handle before fact-checking

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
whats the conspiracy.
All I see is a rant about ministers with the cops.

So whats your problem, dont like the government, dont vote for them. If the government want it.
Why not go a little deeper than rant and research the problems of having ministers in cars, maybe even show the benefits

Dictator much

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

We live in an insane, sick, and dying world.

But I do agree this sounds sort of a little over the top.... I'd have to investigate further into it to truly offer an opinion.....

We all need more Love.

God bless

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

That is a really distorted view of Christians,

If you are a true follower of Christ, you will go above and beyond to follow the Commandments of Christ, namely the two great commandments, to Love God with all your heart, mind, body and soul, and to love your neighbor as yourself, and naturally it will follow to live by the golden rule and obey the ten commandments at all times and places, not only in deeds and actions and words but even in your thoughts....

God bless

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

xDeadcowx
It takes a really sick mind to prey on the minds of those most vulnerable...

But that's your belief system. They aren't there to prey on people, they are there to help them in time of spiritual need - and I tell you those people breaking the law and the victims are indeed in need of spiritual, psychological and emotional guidance. A psychologist or psychiatrist cant cover all that but a minister is supposed to have some training in all of that.

They are caring people who just want to help. Don't demonize them simply because you don't agree with religion in general or disagree with these guys riding around with cops.

For the record, I'm against this riding with the cops thing constitutionally though I think their hearts are in the right place.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You didnt answer my question. Would you be equally as supportive if it was not a Christian priest? Would you be equally as supportive if it was a Muslim Imam showing up and injecting them selves in situations they were not invited to?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

godlover25

That is a really distorted view of Christians,

If you are a true follower of Christ, you will go above and beyond to follow the Commandments of Christ, namely the two great commandments, to Love God with all your heart, mind, body and soul, and to love your neighbor as yourself, and naturally it will follow to live by the golden rule and obey the ten commandments at all times and places, not only in deeds and actions and words but even in your thoughts....

God bless

So you say we should follow Jewish commandments? I am just curious because isn't that the old testament? You don't expect Christians to follow that do you because I keep hearing Christians say they are supposed to follow Christ and the new testament.

Sometimes I wonder lif the vast majority of Christians have even tried to read the bible or if they just believe what they are told.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

xDeadcowx
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You didnt answer my question. Would you be equally as supportive if it was not a Christian priest? Would you be equally as supportive if it was a Muslim Imam showing up and injecting them selves in situations they were not invited to?

Er.. I said I DIDN'T support it. But only because it IS against the constitution. If it were not against the constitution I would have no problem with priest of any religion riding with the cops to help the people. ( as long as it's a religion to genuinely help and not to make suicide bombers out of the people)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I know my Word of God my friend,

Here you are for an explanation of what I mean;

Pray to God for understanding through His Spirit of the Father, and of the Son, Amen;

Matthew 22:34-40

New King James Version (NKJV)
The Scribes: Which Is the First Commandment of All?

34 But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. 35 Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”

37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

Luke 18:18 Now a certain ruler asked Him, saying, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”

19 So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. 20 You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery,’ ‘Do not murder,’ ‘Do not steal,’ ‘Do not bear false witness,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother.’ ”

21 And he said, “All these things I have kept from my youth.”

22 So when Jesus heard these things, He said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

23 But when he heard this, he became very sorrowful, for he was very rich.

John 14:15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

and since Jesus and the Father are One, and Jesus is in the Father and the Son reveals the Father to whom He Will, following Jesus commandments also means following the main outline of the Commandments of the LORD, it doesn't mean keeping the whole of the Law perfectly because to do so is impossible, you must have a thorough knowledge of the doctrines taught and laid out in St Pauls Epistles and the Catholic Epistles to further understanding Grace and Mercy through Faith and Love,

Exodus 20:20 And God spoke all these words, saying:

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 “You shall have no other gods before Me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

13 “You shall not murder.

14 “You shall not commit adultery.

15 “You shall not steal.

16 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

God bless my friend and God bless all who read this,

in the Name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Amen

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Also my friend, you are mistaken in thinking I was brought up a Christian and just believe everything I am told,

I am now in my mid to late twenties,

Before the age of twenty I was born and baptized as a Roman Catholic, but brought up in a non-religious / secular - atheistic household, the Name of God was regularly blasphemed and I was taught nothing of doctrines of Church or Religion of any sort,

At 19 I started seeking God and He started revealing Himself to me but I remained agnostic until 21,

Between 21 to 23 years of age I swung between Protestant Christian beliefs and practices, Roman Catholicism and Agnosticism / practice,

I even had some periods I went through of Radical Atheism after reading books by some of the New Atheists such as RIchard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, those "big three", and other older atheists and also some Satanists and people from "temple of set" and other satanic groups......

From 24 on I became pretty much a solidified and finalized follower of Christ Jesus and adopted the full beliefs and Doctrines of the Orthodox Universal Christian Church, which is the second largest Church Body on Earth of Christian believers, it is the second largest "group" of the three-part Church Body on Earth of Christ, which is modeled in the Image of our Triune (three in one, a Triple Unity) God,

God bless you and all who read this,

in Jesus Name,

Amen
edit on 15-10-2013 by godlover25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Why use someone else's fictional God, when you can create your own? It's much more fun, metaphysically much more effective and your children won't get molested.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join