It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason why Colin Powell resigned!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The real reason he resigns? He was against the war in Irak, Now he see the results of the war, he tells is idea to Mr the President, And W Bush ask him to resign.

Simple

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Marg: Truly sometimes you lose me, it may just be your english. However I think there are numerous reasons why Colin Powell may have resigned as Secretary of Defence. Some might even pertain to political ambition which would be sidelined as Secretary of State. I want to congratulate him for his work as the Secretary of State, and Condi Rice will definitely be a better secretary of state than Madeleine Allbright. I worked at the UN during her years there and trust me the US was not the most loved state there, the US bullied the third world into submission at every occasion whether they were suffering from famine or plagues, they either had to dance to the US tune or die. I am hoping you realize that Allbright was Secretary of State during the Clinton era.

Marg, you seem like a really patriotic American and I have great respect for your tenacity, however one doesn't have to win every battle to win the war.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
That's ok I am very much again the war, and Condi is going to replace Powell so she is staying with Mr. Bush, she has been part of the Bush family since the 80s so she will be faithfull to Mr. Bush, she will never leave him.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I think he resigned because he only intended to serve one term.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   

...The Government of Kuwait does not fully comply with the minimum standards for the elimination of trafficking; however, it is making significant efforts to do so....

This means that Kuwait's government relizes it has a problem but still needs to do more. Big deal... Here is a link about our own human trafficking policies in the UNITED STATES.

The fact is, there are scumbags all over the planet when try to get away with this. If you read the FULL report you'll see a huge list of countries with far more problems that Kuwait.

US Trafficing

The Saudi's and Yemanese(sp?) are far worse and a lot of Africian countries are also more serious concerns than Kuwait.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Powell is not a neocon. When the Bush people gather every day to pray, Powell feels he is not part of it. He may be a christian, I don't know that, but he does not feel this government is straight to US citizens.

From the moment Bush has God involved in his acts, we must fear for our feature. We must fear a lot. Leaders that are instructed by God usually leave a bloodbath behind. At least that's what history teaches.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Looks like this theory is blown, as a black female secretary of state is even WORSE for this scenario...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
What?! Since when did the government approach people based on their ethnic background? George W. Bush needs to get out of the hold of the Carlyle group and focused on the war on terror. If he ignores his advisers instead of focusing on the war on terror, he doesn't deserve to be a President then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join