It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outgoing International Wires discontinued by Bank

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I instinctually find this very disturbing.

Last week at one of my jobs we received a notice of term changes on our business checking accounts from Chase. Not unusual - I look through them and file them without much to do.

We will no longer (not that this particular company ever did) be able to make any, any outgoing international wire transfers of any amount whatsoever. Domestic wires in and out are still okay, incoming international wires are still okay.

Has this changed with other banks as well?

Does this bother anyone else?

I've had clients that had to make loan payments overseas by wire or even send money to family. This is a real roadblock as I see it.

It makes me very uncomfortable. Anyone know anything more about this - anyone in the Banking industry or at Chase. Is it only small business checking accounts or?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This is it, government on Lockdown!

What's next, no outbound international... flights?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

You are right to be afraid, I am interested to hear more about this from any insiders as well.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
preparing for a run on banks.

when the budget is not met, wall street crashes the banks come next.

they can't stop a free fall on wall street with out any money.

edit on 12-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Heres another instance of international transfer being declines, just a couple days ago:

ph.answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Okay, this is freaking me out. Jim Sinclair has been warning about a 'bail in' for a long time, but he thinks the time line is late 2014 t0 2015. The 'bail in' is on the order of what happened in Cyprus where they didn't allow you to remove your money (except a portion for some special companies) and took about 40% of the remaining as stock in banks to make them solvent and pay back the EU.

A few days after the Cyprus 'bail in' the president of the IMF said this was a template for other countries.

So, is this the start? We may default so no money can go overseas where they cannot get to it. More overseas, less to 'bail in'.

Don't mean to freak anyone else out but the thought is there for me.

edit on 12-10-2013 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Poland got Roped *Bailed In* recently too.

It's all about paper & ledgers.

Jealousy reigns supreme every time.

While the world was glued to the developments in the Mediterranean in the past week, Poland took a page straight out of Rahm Emanuel's playbook and in order to not let a crisis go to waste, announced quietly that it would transfer to the state - i.e., confiscate - the bulk of assets owned by the country's private pension funds (many of them owned by such foreign firms as PIMCO parent Allianz, AXA, Generali, ING and Aviva), without offering any compensation. In effect, the state just nationalized roughly half of the private sector pension fund assets, although it had a more politically correct name for it: pension overhaul.

By way of background, Poland has a hybrid pension system: as Reuters explains, mandatory contributions are made into both the state pension vehicle, known as ZUS, and the private funds, which are collectively known by the Polish acronym OFE. Bonds make up roughly half the private funds' portfolios, with the rest company stocks.

And while a change to state-pension funds was long awaited - an overhaul if you will - nobody expected that this would entail a literal pillage of private sector assets.

Poland Confiscates Half Of Private Pension Funds To "Cut" Sovereign Debt Load

Get ready America !!!

We've only got one chance left.

We can easily take it back if we want to.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

greencmp

You are right to be afraid, I am interested to hear more about this from any insiders as well.

So would I.

Strange occurrences without explanations should raise some sort of alarm.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I usually transfer to my credit union and then transfer overseas. Tomorrow is Sunday so it will be Monday before I can find out if something is up. My credit union emails me about everything and I just checked there was nothing..

I have been transferring money overseas for the last 3 years. Nothing major but every 2 months or so I transfer so we have money at the overseas farm. Interesting if Chase is starting something... I do not bank there...

It will get interesting if they start taking peoples money... that is for sure.
Just checked with my credit union and, international wire transfer is good to go according to their web sight.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

FyreByrd
I instinctually find this very disturbing.

Last week at one of my jobs we received a notice of term changes on our business checking accounts from Chase. Not unusual - I look through them and file them without much to do.

We will no longer (not that this particular company ever did) be able to make any, any outgoing international wire transfers of any amount whatsoever. Domestic wires in and out are still okay, incoming international wires are still okay.

Has this changed with other banks as well?

Does this bother anyone else?

I've had clients that had to make loan payments overseas by wire or even send money to family. This is a real roadblock as I see it.

It makes me very uncomfortable. Anyone know anything more about this - anyone in the Banking industry or at Chase. Is it only small business checking accounts or?

Are we talking a national bank here, or the small bank from "It's a wonderful life" ?

There's more to the story. But without it, there's little use in conjecture.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Strange...just tried to log into my brokerage account to see if there had been changes on outgoing wires and my user name and password were not accepted. This has been my user name an password for years. Then they asked me for a clue which has never been asked before...my paternal grandfather's name. Typed in his adopted father and even the presumed natural father and both was denied. Hacked???

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Im confused, where are the sources for your argument? You made a broad claim and then talked about what other countries are doing. Tell me what is happening in the U.S.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think some major dollar collapse is coming.

War machine is needed to keep the petro dollar price going, but Russia stopped Syrian war. (BRICS nations have alternate plans for dollar collapse, I think)

First, we can't transfer money overseas, next we can't even access our own money. Govt will have full access to our bank account, thanks to ObamaScare.

I can tell you a related story with Chase. I went to Chase bank teller to get a cashier's check under my own name, then the Teller asked me several questions. Then a Supervisor came and stood behind the teller and only after supervisor clarified a few things, they issued me a cashier's check.

Another instance where Western Union won't let me transfer money via their online system. I had to go to a Physical location, and they made copies of my ID etc, then only I could send money abroad.

edit on 12-10-2013 by VimanaExplorer because: Added Chase/Western union incident

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
www.gtfcu.org...

International Wires

Due to new regulations, effective October 1, 2013, the international Western Union wire transfer service will no longer be available.

New regulations? Oct 1? Ha!

Notice they suggest now that you can pay $60 for an international transfer, but the link to that service, takes you back the same page you're on

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
and heres yet another institution that indicates International wires are no long available

and as of the same exact date October 1st, 2013:

www.callfcu.org...

Effective October 1, 2013 - Call FCU will no longer send outgoing international Wire Transfers.

All the pieces of this puzzle are adding up to this whole shutdown being a premeditated, planned orchestration toward total lockdown.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie

And since the FDIC uses banks to pay out on it's deposit insurance, your FDIC guarantees are a joke, it's downright fraud as there can be no mechanism to protect your deposits during a catastrophic and systemic bank failure. Remember that, when the bank tells you your account is insured for the first $100k. The FDIC may give you a warm fuzzy feeling, but only as long as your not looking past it and rationalizing it's structure.

The FDIC deposit insurance scam is almost like saying that you're insured to have fuel for your car, after all the fuel has run out and no more can be made LOL.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 10/12.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It could be a protest to NSA spying. The banks have to spy on your money transactions and report any thing strange about them to the government. Unless the President declared a emergency and stopped foreign exchange of currency.

www.treasury.gov...

He did continue it on the 20th. But I don't think he has declared a emergency. Unless he is really after all those bitcoins out there?

www.whitehouse.gov...

They do seem to be going after the banks for not spying like they are supposed to.

www.fincen.gov...

Here is a bank that just got hit with a 4.1 million dollar fine for not spying good enough on transactions.

www.fincen.gov...

This bank hit with 37.5 million dollar fine.

www.fincen.gov...
edit on 13-10-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It's called Capital Control.

Capital Control

edit on 13-10-2013 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
It happened in Cyprus when they folded earlier in the year initially they lock down the country from people getting money out of the banks to a foreign land and than they work internally. They limit how much you can take out of your bank account and probably most people will feel it when the lock down the ATM's.

They control how much money you can take out of bank.

Maybe people should start looking at the term Bank Holiday...& trust me it's not Christmas.

49a. A Bank Holiday

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

bobs_uruncle

hounddoghowlie

And since the FDIC uses banks to pay out on it's deposit insurance, your FDIC guarantees are a joke, it's downright fraud as there can be no mechanism to protect your deposits during a catastrophic and systemic bank failure. Remember that, when the bank tells you your account is insured for the first $100k. The FDIC may give you a warm fuzzy feeling, but only as long as your not looking past it and rationalizing it's structure.

The FDIC deposit insurance scam is almost like saying that you're insured to have fuel for your car, after all the fuel has run out and no more can be made LOL.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 10/12.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

you don't have to tell me, i use cash and money orders, bought at convenience stores and the only time my shadow darkens a bank door or drive up window is when i go and cash my pay check at the bank where it is written from.

got me a greendot visa, for all other transactions.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join