It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP candidate: Don't ask for our help, if you get cancer that's your problem

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well, a Republicans is telling us what he really believes- human beings have no responsibility for each other (and neither do the countries they pay taxes too apparently). It should just be a dog-eat-dog world. While I find some honesty from the GOP refreshing, I wonder how the people of New Jersey will react to this? I hope everyone takes this into account while contemplating the GOP demands to end Obamacare. Do you really believe they will support some other type of medical reform if Obamacare is defunded?

www.examiner.com...
edit on 12-10-2013 by CB328 because: typo

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

If I happen to get cancer, I don't expect the rest of the country to take care of me. Where in our constitution does it say we should enrich insurance companies and hospitals to provide care to other people?
Don't worry about that, I got you. The answer is no where.

I'm no expert, but I know what screwed up looks like, and this country looks screwed up.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Well, I guess we should all just vote Democrat.

Or not.

Seriously, both parties suck. While we sit here pointing the finger of blame at one side of the illusory two-party system, we continue to lose control over our own lives.

Both the left and the right have destroyed the United States. They are puppets for the bankers and nothing more.

How much longer will we have to continue this charade before we realize that we are being idiots, and that our system is collectively broken?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This has been the Republican healthcare plan for a while now.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

CB328

Funny you should bring that up. Don't be fooled democrats are just as bad. This is from a recent interview with senator Harry Reid:

BASH: If you can help one child who has cancer, why wouldn't you do it?

REID: Why would we want to do that? I have 1,100 people at Nellis Air Force base that are sitting home. They have a few problems of their own.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The reporter seemed to be a little slow. It looks like his answer went over her head so he should have asked her this question. How do you pick one child out of all the children that have cancer?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Republicans: If a woman gets raped she should be forced to have that baby! All life is sacred!

Raped Woman: But i'm dying from cancer too...

Republicans: Sorry but that's your problem, cant help ya!

The tea party is pushing the GOP into cartoon villain territory. It's amusing to watch but sad for the country.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Wiki-Wiki,

Of COURSE this bottomfeeder thinks we should all die from cancer and feels no remourse.
Isn't this implied in the O-Bomb-Bay regime's raising of the national radiation levels after Fukashima?

-Aloha-

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Here is what's so outrageous... we can spend trillions of dollars on military machines for wars, killing people and destroying another countries infrastructure. Spend billions on supporting conflicts, occupations and military bases overseas that do nothing but create more enemies for the U.S.. Spend millions on foreign aid to support countries that have been shown to harbor "terrorists." Spend trillions on black projects that have no accountability to congress. Spend billions in corporate welfare and bailing out corporations and banks. Yet we have politicians and people in this country who feel that is much more important than to show any kind of preservation for their own humanity by providing its citizen's healthcare.

There is something terribly wrong with that picture. The U.S. has a bully pulpit when it comes to pointing the finger at other countries human right issues, when they can't even provide their citizens the basic right to health care. Most countries get it and realize that healthcare can not be managed privately. Healthcare is not a product that insurance companies should be allowed to make a profit on. You can't put a profit on curing diseases and saving peoples lives. To say that competition will decrease the cost of healthcare is wishful thinking.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If you get cancer, look into the work of the likes of
rick simpson
jim humble
charlotte gerson
dr simoncini

Certainly don't go near any conventional doctor (or politician).

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

LewsTherinThelamon

Seriously, both parties suck. While we sit here pointing the finger of blame at one side of the illusory two-party system, we continue to lose control over our own lives.

This type of thinking has allowed the nuts to take over the parties. People should be out voting in both the primaries and elections. Instead we see the fringe groups of the parties electing borderline insane candidates while others stay home instead of voting.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

What you just said makes no sence what-so-ever.
Haven't the last few elections cemented in that it doesn't matter who you vote for when the game is completely rigged?
That's like sheep on a farm voting to choose who will cull them.
Perhaps THIS will help you to understand:

The Truth About Voting:

www.youtube.com...

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

the fringe groups of the parties electing borderline insane candidates while others stay home

You know, I hadn't thought of that before, but you're probably right.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

buster2010
This has been the Republican healthcare plan for a while now.

Notice that's a democrat holding up that sign, putting words in another's mouth. Propaganda is all that is. At least have a real quote to submit instead of that crap.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I wonder if the GOP knows how this looks to the voting electorate? It's almost as if they don't want to win any elections.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I wonder if the GOP knows how this looks to the voting electorate? It's almost as if they don't want to win any elections.
reply to post by olaru12

It's just plain stupidity. It's one thing to express your disapproval of Obamacare, but to act like a child not getting its way shows how incompetent these elected officials really are. A GOP representative was interviewed on CNN stating it was a way to show the public when Obamacare fails it will show that the republican party was right all along. Duh, I think they expressed their dissatisfaction with it since it was passed with all their campaigns and commercials trying to repeal it. So you need to shut down the government to make the same point? Dumb. Now what about all the republican voters who are being affected by the shutdown? Now your'e losing support by members of your own party.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

It's kind of hard to have a life if you die of cancer that could have been treated, except the treatment costs are $150k/yr. There's very little liberty being tied to a hospital bed, and happiness? Well maybe - depending on the drugs you're prescribed.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

olaru12

The guy's a narcissist and racist to boot.

On August 8, Lonegan's campaign tweeted: "Just leaked - Cory Booker's foreign policy debate prep notes." Accompanying the message was a picture of a map of Newark, but with areas of the city labeled as countries in Africa, South America, and the Middle East. The campaign quickly deleted the tweet after Booker and others called it racist and "deplorable." Here's a screenshot:

www.motherjones.com...

At a press conference, Lonegan, who said he didn't approve of the tweet, nonetheless called the criticism "silly nonsense." He went on to say, "I have a handicap, you know. I am a white guy running in the state of New Jersey. That is my handicap."

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

This is right up their with harry Reids idiotic comment about helping kids with cancer..

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

olaru12

It doesn't matter one iota.

The sort of, kind of... people that vote R...

It wouldn't mean a tinker's damn to them what the Rs do or say.

As evidenced by the right wingers on this very forum and many others.

Both the R politicians (and the dinos as well, which it seems is all almost all dems are nowadays) and their electorate are just awful human beings.

They just simply suck as people.

Either because of low intelligence, because they are uneducated or grounded in prejudice and hate and steeped in callousness and indifference.

They just simply suck as human beings.

It's all there is to it.
edit on 2013/10/13 by Pejeu because: (no reason given)

edit on 2013/10/13 by Pejeu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join