It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enoch

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

_BoneZ_

ScottProphhit
it was found in 1927

Actually, after it was removed from the bible, it was lost and forgotten for 1000 years until the book was:

• 1773 - Rediscovered in Ethiopia among the Ethiopian Jews.

• 1821 - The first English translation came.

• 1912 - The most published version.

• 1947 - Was again rediscovered, this time among the Dead Sea Scrolls, and the text coincided perfectly with the earlier-found version, thus confirming the Book's authenticity.

The first chapter of the Book of Enoch can be read in the book of Jude in the bible. Enoch describes how he was taken into space, shown the sun, moon, stars, earth, rotations of each, seasons, etc. Very good read for those interested.

Edit to add: I wouldn't say he was "abducted", but he was taken aboard a chariot (spacecraft) by "angels" and shown around the world, and then taken into space.

edit on 12-10-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

Yes Bonez that is how I read this phenomenon.

The following comparison has been made of what Jesus spoke and similar writings in The Book of Enoch:

"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. (Mat 5:5)
The elect shall possess light, joy and peace, and they shall inherit the earth. (Enoch 5:7 [6:9])

the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the son (John 5:22)
the principal part of the judgment was assigned to him, the Son of man. (Enoch 69:27 [68:39])

shall inherit everlasting life (Mat. 19:29)
those who will inherit eternal life (Enoch 40:9 [40:9])

"Wo unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. (Luke 6:24)
Woe to you who are rich, for in your riches have you trusted; but from your riches you shall be removed. (Enoch 94:8 [93:7]).

Ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Mat. 19:28)
I will place each of them on a throne of glory (Enoch 108:12 [105:26])

Woe unto that man through whom the Son of man is betrayed! It had been good for that man if he had not been born. (Mat. 26:24)
Where will the habitation of sinners be . . . who have rejected the Lord of spirits. It would have been better for them, had they never been born. (Enoch 38:2 [38:2])

between us and you there is a great gulf fixed. (Luke 16:26)
by a chasm . . . [are] their souls are separated (Enoch 22: 9,11[22:10,12])

In my Father's house are many mansions (John 14:2)
In that day shall the Elect One sit upon a throne of glory, and shall choose their conditions and countless habitations. (Enoch 45:3 [45:3])

that ye may be called the children of light (John 12:36)
the good from the generation of light (Enoch 108:11 [105: 25])

the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:14)
all the thirsty drank, and were filled with wisdom, having their habitation with the righteous, the elect, and the holy. (Enoch 48:1 [48:1])"

source; uk.answers.yahoo.com...

Jesus and Jude were obviously very aware of The Book of Enoch and it is so correctly Christian in its view of the cosmos and its message. Also the Essenes had a copy as it was also discovered as part of The Dead Sea Scrolls. It survived in three versions, independent of each other for at least 1600 years. Lo and behold they all read exactly the same! Yes, the Slavonic, Ethiopian and Dead Sea Scroll books all read the same. That is one up for the scribes being accurate when they hand down the versions through the ages. Credit to them!

Where was Jesus all that time before His ministry? I bet He was hanging out with the Essenes, living a monastic life according to their very clean and celibate customs. It would explain a lot. That is why even the Sadducees and Pharisees called Him TEACHER. He had no other official credentials as Rabbi as he was neither a Pharisee or Sadducee. The Essenes are never "told off" by Jesus, either.

I see no differentiation of theme between The Book of Enoch and The New Covenant. All this is plenty of authentication for it to be very much part of our Christian Scripture heritage.

It all ties in so well with the Sumer mythology. They worshipped these Fallen Ones as the creators. That they were not. Enoch and Noah describe what became of them and their offspring.

edit on 13-10-2013 by Revolution9 because: spelling and clarification.

edit on 13-10-2013 by Revolution9 because: spelling.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ScottProphhit

What is my belief? This could take all day OP. lol

I will summarize quickly...

In regards to Enoch...

I believe he was shown and told what was and what is to come by angelic beings/spirits.

I believe the soul Adam was the first soul bound by matter and is the same soul as Jesus. In between he lived many lives to reach Christ - The Way- out of this hell.

Zend, the creator of Zoroastrianism, is also the same soul as Jesus. en.wikipedia.org...

Zoroastrianism imo influenced and birthed Judaism and Christianity by introducing one God and one savior.

Also, Melchizedek who wrote Job is also the same soul as Jesus.

And... I believe there are more including but not limited to, Hermes/Thoth.

In the end of time Jesus will be the last Adam. (last soul)

We (as a collective) are the fallen.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Enoch was taken North to the great stone circles and was taught astronomy.
He was taken by the watchers...a group of astronomer priests not indigenous to the area.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

midicon

Enoch was taken North to the great stone circles and was taught astronomy.
He was taken by the watchers...a group of astronomer priests not indigenous to the area.

they're not priests they're angels(Which we were made in the form of) and he clearly was lifted up to the heavens(which in Greek is sky)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

MamaJ

What is my belief? This could take all day OP. lol

I will summarize quickly...

In regards to Enoch...

I believe he was shown and told what was and what is to come by angelic beings/spirits.

I believe the soul Adam was the first soul bound by matter and is the same soul as Jesus. In between he lived many lives to reach Christ - The Way- out of this hell.

Zend, the creator of Zoroastrianism, is also the same soul as Jesus. en.wikipedia.org...

Zoroastrianism imo influenced and birthed Judaism and Christianity by introducing one God and one savior.

Also, Melchizedek who wrote Job is also the same soul as Jesus.

And... I believe there are more including but not limited to, Hermes/Thoth.

In the end of time Jesus will be the last Adam. (last soul)

We (as a collective) are the fallen.

Well I don't know where you get he was the soul of Adam or the rest, Jesus declared himself to be the "I Am" that spoke to Moses in a craft.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Thanks for this. The Book of Enoch is a worthy study. I think there is one version that is head and shoulders above the others in validity.

I have lots on my plate but maybe I can get back to this as I think it is a very useful discussion topic.

Thx.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

"I am"....

what does than mean to you?

Jesus is the bread and we are a part of that bread. We are in him and he in us. One loaf. "I am".

He is THE experience... THE life... THE HIS-STORY ...THE first and THE last. THE collective.

This above is WHY, "Thy Will Be Done". It's done or as Jesus told us, "It's finished".

In regards to Enoch.. Who do you think the fallen are? Why do you think all powerful theologians do not agree upon the book of Enoch? The nature and deeds of the fallen did not fit in with what they wanted to teach.

Below is a good read.

www.summituniversitypress.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

MamaJ

"I am"....

what does than mean to you?

Jesus is the bread and we are a part of that bread. We are in him and he in us. One loaf. "I am".

He is THE experience... THE life... THE HIS-STORY ...THE first and THE last. THE collective.

This above is WHY, "Thy Will Be Done". It's done or as Jesus told us, "It's finished".

In regards to Enoch.. Who do you think the fallen are? Why do you think all powerful theologians do not agree upon the book of Enoch? The nature and deeds of the fallen did not fit in with what they wanted to teach.

Below is a good read.

www.summituniversitypress.com...

I think you were a bit misunderstood!

Am I reading you right? I agree that The Spirit of The Creator is upon all those individuals; Adam, Angel Michael, Abraham, Jesus, John, Peter and Paul. It is the One Spirit. However, they were also individual personalities as created humans. Even Jesus was a human. Jesus was different as He was the only one without blemish. He was able to do this because He was The Elect One who was to be born of an earthly woman yet with The Holy Spirit as Father. In a fashion He was similar to those born of The Sons of God and the daughters of men, except that He was sanctified by The Creator where as these other "Nephilim" were abominations and not in accordance with Creation's Laws.

It is a collective as you so rightly speak. That is why we call HIM "The Lord of HOSTS". Jesus was able to say "I AM" because literally GOD was His Father. The Spirit of GOD was upon Him and He was perfect to receive it. Moses and all the others were not without sin like Jesus is/was.

edit on 13-10-2013 by Revolution9 because: clarification.

edit on 13-10-2013 by Revolution9 because: punctuation.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Definitely understand me right. The train of thought ca be hard, especially when the mind has been conditioned for years. It's hard to get out of the old way of thinking.

This is where we get lost.. perhaps?? Maybe not... Let's see.

It is my belief that Jesus was with blemish as he was/is the first Adam (man). Sin starts with him and is his burden. He split the Adam (Atom) and became many. Hence, male and female and the "Big Bang" Time began....

He became Christ through many trials and tribulations and we as a collective and individually will as well. We are in him so although we have free will "in time" within this realm and dimension.... Thy will is already done. It's finished... and we are experiencing time until we as a collective and individually find "the way" as Jesus did. This is why he said to follow him and he knew that we would do more than he.

He is our guide out of this Earthly burden filled with dense matter that has us "stuck".

Enoch tells us about the Fallen Angels and the Pre-Humans.... We fell from Eden which was first a spirit realm.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

"they're not priests they're angels(Which we were made in the form of) and he clearly was lifted up to the heavens(which in Greek is sky)"

Priests may have been an unfortunate term for me to use.

Angels are messengers but not from god or whatever...or at least not in the way you think.

It may have been somewhere like Newgrange that Enoch was taken to.

There have been some scholars who have tried to work out the latitude described in the Book of the heavenly luminaries.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Enoch is an amazing book. I think its a must read for those trying to get an understanding on demons or the spirit realm. Great read.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

So yeah, I'd like to hear some opinions of my interpretation
To me, Enoch is proof, as sketchy as it is, that there was in the deep past a time where mankind was united, before the war, before the flood.

Enoch speaks of being taken to a place in the center of the earth. In my view, the last division of mankind to be healed.

Yes, Satan has been the Lord of this planet, but only due to our ignorance. He, it, has manipulated mankind against itself in every manner, belief, society, religion, government. His little gay henchmen have gone around the planet putting adverse mindsets and trains of thought into our ignorant beliefs, for a very long time. Satan once went against a united mankind, and nearly lost it all, it would never happen again the same way. Far better to covertly infiltrate your enemy to do your bidding than allow them unity and a free hand.

Satan's plan is so obvious now, insanity, division, internal strife. His battle plan was to have mankind through internal fighting, destroy ourselves, and it would have only been a matter of time for this to be realized.

And if this is so, then there must be another "Humanity", the ones Enoch speaks of, who have been "Divided" from the whole. We ignorant humans would obviously blame them for all our misery, pain and suffering, because from our point of view, they were allowed to stay and live, in the "Garden of Paradise", the haves, and the have not's. Satans plan was to pit the one human group against the other with assured total destruction of humanity (The real Armageddon). Satan would return and reclaim the planet.

All the time in the world? No, Satan knows that his plan will work, or Earth's time will end. Either way, Satan wins. Fool proof plan? No. Satan did not see the advent of the internet coming

The ignorance Satan counted on is being washed away like the "Flood" of water he brought to this planet. Once humanity is reunited, Satan, is going to be very, very, upset. I wonder what his plan b, c, d, are? No matter

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

ScottProphhit
it was found in 1927

Actually, after it was removed from the bible, it was lost and forgotten for 1000 years until the book was:

• 1773 - Rediscovered in Ethiopia among the Ethiopian Jews.

• 1821 - The first English translation came.

• 1912 - The most published version.

• 1947 - Was again rediscovered, this time among the Dead Sea Scrolls, and the text coincided perfectly with the earlier-found version, thus confirming the Book's authenticity.

The first chapter of the Book of Enoch can be read in the book of Jude in the bible. Enoch describes how he was taken into space, shown the sun, moon, stars, earth, rotations of each, seasons, etc. Very good read for those interested.

Edit to add: I wouldn't say he was "abducted", but he was taken aboard a chariot (spacecraft) by "angels" and shown around the world, and then taken into space.

Last I heard about Enoch was in Ancient Aliens. I have forgotten that there was such a thing describing him being taken into space. If so, now you do realize why Ancient Astronaut Theory and the idea of visitation by highly advanced technologically and spiritually beings makes MORE sense than a lot of other theories of Angels, Demons, spirits, light beings, critters??

And all that is left is to know that some things in the bible have happened but once it does, that speaks a lot for itself.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Argyll

Im not, have you read it? Even the way its translated in English it's purposely pushed away from the UFO topic, I'm just saying the man describes an abduction the best he could at that age in time.

Yes, but if the paper can't be proven to be authentic, then what it contains is irrelevant is it not?

So far the only proof it's authentic is that it's written on paper that allegedly originated in Egypt.

No, no ,no... The only proof THAT YOU HAVE HEARD FROM OP is that its allegedly written on blah blah blah.... You assume the op to be the main authority on the subject. You also assume the op has completely exhausted his knowledge on the authenticity of the document. You go and make some grand declaration about this document without having done the slightest bit of research yourself! YOU are your own authority.

Argyll the Great stands before his people declaring "The ONLY evidence for the authenticity for this paper is that it allegedly was written on paper from Egypt! I know because I read a half a page on ATS! Yes, I got my only information from a man who came more in a spirit of asking us what we think and not styling himself as an expert in any sense, and whom I spent the entire time trying to discredit. I believe its a reliable source. BURN ALL REMAINING COPIES OF THE DOCUMENT AND WE SHALL SPEAK OF IT NEVERMORE!!!"

Oh what great wisdom I am detecting here...

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Thanks haha, I never really had the spirit to argue with him!

Well you guys have a lot of interesting thoughts, the way I see it is that most of us are on different elevators but the same floor!

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I don't believe in interpreting ordinary human spiritual/psychic reality in terms of alien lore regardless of the tenuous similarities. What we need to remember is that this world has its own native spirits and all the spiritual reality that pertains to them. The aliens are blow-ins and are, most likely, in conflict with the spirits that are native to this world. It is a mistake to interpret everything spiritual as alien. More so, alien 'spirituality' is a false spirituality designed to mislead the gullible. It is not from God.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

EnPassant

I don't believe in interpreting ordinary human spiritual/psychic reality in terms of alien lore regardless of the tenuous similarities. What we need to remember is that this world has its own native spirits and all the spiritual reality that pertains to them. The aliens are blow-ins and are, most likely, in conflict with the spirits that are native to this world. It is a mistake to interpret everything spiritual as alien. More so, alien 'spirituality' is a false spirituality designed to mislead the gullible. It is not from God.

You've got me wrong, they're alien because they're not from earth, we were made to look like the God and angels of the bible, who I believe travel in crafts, whether it be called a cloud, a pillar, a chariot, a dwelling, a throne.. they are very real, as spiritual as they may be.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

RP2SticksOfDynamite
Im not a sceptic but the bible is too recent and pooperdiculous!

We are not alone however and to think so is niave at the least!

Time will be our witness........be patient!

Poopabye for now biblopoopies

Haha! Yes the Bible is a ridiculous set of old stories. If you believe them you're a "loony". The REAL truth is a bunch of other old stories about this cool God named Enki from another planet who created humans to mine gold. That's so much more believable.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I think the traditional images in the bible are images of native spirits; spirits who are part of this world. The modern ufonauts are not native spirits. They are from elsewhere, as you say. But we should distinguish between native and alien and not put everything down to the aliens.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EnPassant

Yes because im not saying anything about aliens, im saying our creator travels in a craft and if im saying anything to do with aliens.. its that we're alien to this planet
edit on th2013-10-14T18:23:19-05:0020133131-05:00Mon, 14 Oct 2013 18:23:19 -05002013p06 by ScottProphhit because: (no reason given)

edit on th2013-10-14T18:24:55-05:0020133131-05:00Mon, 14 Oct 2013 18:24:55 -05002013p06 by ScottProphhit because: clarifying my sleepy speech

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join